• June 24, 2017, 08:15:42 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read The Jedi Gambit! by Greg "Rackham" Moran aka Kylun

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: On the Streets, in the Shadows Volume II (Closed RP)  (Read 9170 times)

Zoronius Novar of the Fictory Legacy

• "Do or Do Not. There Is No Try."
Re: On the Streets, in the Shadows Volume II (Closed RP)
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17:01 PM EST »

Zoronius had to take his time trying to get Kresh to warm up to him. He kept asking random, yet relevant, questions. Like: "So, Kresh, what do you think about Nar Shadda?" "What about you and your captain working with a Jedi? No worries, I accept help in all forms, regardless of the past. After all, the Force has its ways of teaching one things through various mediums."  Zoro even started playing dejarik with himself. He won and lost 2 games to himself. Looking at Kresh and asking what he would think  of some of the strategies.

Eventually, Zoro realized it would take more than the time they had for Kresh to think of him as a non-hostile, let alone trust him. Instead, Zoronius followed down the path of the ship that Turkish went down just minutes before.

He found Turkish, presumably doing what Turkish normally does, and said: "You're right, he doesn't like me enough, yet." He said with a small smirk. "What do you know about the Exchange and their members anyways? That is if you know anything about them I mean. I don't have a feel for Nar Shadda and its criminal cartels yet. But I do know that there are different organizations, like the Hutts and the Exchange. I just don't know how unified or divided they might be. After all, greed does do wonders for betrayal, scheming, split factions and what not."

He listened to what Turkish had to say, occasionally asking him to elaborate. Before Turkish could finish final thoughts, Zoronius' comm lit up. Indicating an incoming communique.

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
  • "If we don't end war, war will end us."-H.G. Wells
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 11:51:15 PM EST »

Turkish was doing some pre-flight calibrations in the cockpit when Zoronious entered the room. "You're right, he doesn't like me enough, yet." He said with a small smirk, walking in.

"Try not to take it personal kid. Kresh is in-tune with the 'Scorekeeper' or whatever... If you prove yourself in combat, he'll warm up to you. Its a Trando thing." Turkish said, grunting as shifted his weight into a lever that shifted power converters. Turkish was panting from his work, and wiped his brow. "Was there anything else you need?" he asked.

"What do you know about the Exchange and their members anyways? That is if you know anything about them I mean. I don't have a feel for Nar Shadda and its criminal cartels yet. But I do know that there are different organizations, like the Hutts and the Exchange. I just don't know how unified or divided they might be. After all, greed does do wonders for betrayal, scheming, split factions and what not." Zoronious said. Turkish stood there, absorbing the question, before he smirked and went back to work. As he continued to tidy up the cockpit, he slowly began answering his visitor's question.

"Honestly? In many situations, I know too much about the dealings of the Hutts and the Exchange...which is probably why they want me, captured or alive. Its a crude but profitable system; it's looking out for yourself and finding new ways to screw your competitors over. The Exchange thinks they're high and mighty businessmen compared to the Hutt cartels, but I tell ya, it's all the same. The rich get richer and the poor stay poorer. Everyone wants to stay ahead of the game." he said. He paused a bit, wording the next part of the answer in his head, before he continued speaking. "...Now, IF you're like me, and you double cross both sides, well...its a win for me and loss for both of them." Turkish couldn't help but smile at that point. "Yet another reason why they probably want me. Like I said kid, I know a lot, and I know enough that coming back to Nar Shadaa was bold move on my part."

Turkish paused once more, as he read some of the incoming data from his terminal. After a few minutes of silence, he spoke up again. "My offshore crew picked up some intel on our guy. The thugs we were with back there were obviously part of the Exchange, but Grennik didn't comply. Which means there's a third party at hand here, and Grennik is playing for a different team...specifically a Hutt." he pressed a button and the holocron popped up an image. "One of the more notorious Hutts in the sector. He's key to all of this.."

Before Turkish could finish final thoughts, Zoronius' comm lit up. Indicating an incoming communique. Zoronius picked it up the transmission, and listened a bit, nodding occasionally and motioning for Turkish to get ready to leave the port.

Turkish nodded. "Time to move out kid."  he said, speaking up and staring at Zoro. Snapping back into attention, he dove into the cockpit seat and began fumbling with the controls. The ship slowly groaned to life. Turkish leaned forward and pressed a large blue button, which started to flash rapidly. He turned his head towards Zoronious. "It's my own signal, basically tells the offshore party to haul ass and get back to the ship."

Turkish reached up at the top of his terminal and pulled down an old fashion intercom, is chord pulling from up above. He clicked the button on the side of the microphone, and his message began to blare through old speakers around the ship. "This is your captain speaking. We are about to take off very very fast to go blow **** up and cause the usual ruckus. At this time the seat-belt sign is turned on and we urge all passengers to sit the frak down. Thank you for choosing Turkish-airlines."  He looked over to Zoronius "That means sit buster. Take the chair behind me, the one next to me is for Miri."

Before Zoronious could ask who Miri was, a young and striking Twi'lek ran into the room and hopped into the seat next to Turkish. She had light blue skin, bright green eyes and a very smooth figure. What she wore though, contrasted to how she looked. She wore baggy jeans and boots, with a small tube top that covered the top part of her chest, but left her smooth stomach exposed. She also sported an assortment of bracelets and one arm band that was placed up by her shoulder. To finish her look, she had a thin streak of a dark grease-mark on her cheek, probably unaware of it.

She flashed a look at Zoronious as she continued to start up the ship. "Who's the new guy?" she bluntly asked, perfectly in Galactic Basic.

"Our charter. He's a nice guy I guess. Trying to be friendly with everyone...even Kresh." Turkish responded, not looking up from his work. He spoke as if Zoronious was not behind him.

Miri snorted "Good luck with that." she said chuckling, not looking up from her terminal nor fully addressing Zoronius either. Moments later, Kresh walked into the room, and took the seat on the other side of the cockpit next to Zoronious but behind Miri. He snarled something at Turkish.

"Ah good. Great timing..." Turkish said, nodding to Kresh. He pulled down the old intercom mic again "Hey Jak, do you think you can give us a engine boost? We need to do a very quick pickup." he said. There was a few moments of silence, then some giggling and chirping response.

"Jak is our little Jawa engineer. Mostly keeps to himself. Stay away from the hyperdrive though, or he'll try and bite you." Turkish warned Zoronius, smiling. There was muffled banging sound at the back of the ship, as Jak began rerouting some power.

"...So what are you thinking? Double Dart with a lemon-twist? Or a Flash and Floater?" Turkish asked Miri, taking Zoronious' communicator and linking it to a signal tracer. Miri sighed, gripping the controls casually and tilted her head to think. "I was thinking something a bit more old-school, maybe a Dart Glider? I guess it all depends on the position of the package." she said.

Turkish grinned. "Miri here is our pride and joy. A few years younger than me and ten-times the pilot I'll ever be. She's got racing records in 13 different systems. If anyone can pull off saving your friend, its her." Turkish said. The Twi'lek gave a small smile, and began to blush profusely. She cast her gaze elsewhere, hoping that the captain wouldn't notice. Tilting her head back and noting that Zoronious was watching her with curiosity, she snapped back into attention and continued to work at her terminal, frowning now from embarrassment.

"Just about ready to go." Turkish said, shifting his body around to face Zoronius. "It's your call."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:08:04 AM EST by Sparrow »

Balan

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 07:44:16 PM EST »

Balan was exhilarated, he'd retrieved the saber, and escaped. He had to admit though, he'd been fortunate. His scrap with Grennik could have gone much differently with just one slip-up. The mysterious stranger, Brody, showing up at just the right time to provide a get away. He'd read of the "will of the force", and it's subtle, yet far-reaching effects. It was a completely different matter to experience it's effects first-hand in such a critical manner. He was glad then, to be aligned with the light side of it. He didn't believe the force to be a person or persons, but instead a force a nature, like gravity. Thus for it to act in such a definite way was perplexing to him. Then again, he remembered, there were coincidences as well.

Brody, very slightly taken aback, pulled a cordless receiver from it's holster on the cockpit's front console. Balan realized he'd gotten ahead of himself and stepped on the man's toes. His concern over getting into contact with the jedi knight, from the previous stand off, kept him from apologizing but he made sure to thank the stranger as he handed him the receiver. He wasn't very familiar with the man's comm though, "would you turn it to nine-zeta-ex-forty three-farenheit. . .uh, please." He again forgot his manners and gave a weak smile in apology.

"Sure kid" Brody replied, adjusting the dials on the comm. A creature boomed from the comm with a slithering voice in a language unfamiliar to Balan. Balan's eyes widened, "whoops, think I got it wrong." "Not unless you're ordering Rodian take out" Brody quipped with a smirk, before disconnecting from the channel. The adrenaline sapped from him, Balan suddenly felt weak, it'd been a long couple days. He had to force his mind to work to remember the jedi's comm channel. He slowly repeated what he remembered in an undertone "nine,zeta,ex,fort- no. . .twenty-three!" he almost shouted. "Same channel, except it's twenty three!" Brody adjusted the comm's channel.

". . ." Balan wasn't really sure what to say he wondered how one was supposed to talk in life or death matters of galactic importance. "Um, heyyyy, Jedi. I got the sab- the thing, that everybody wanted. . .Got a plan? I don't. . .Maybe we can meet up?. . ." Balan pushed the receiver tight to his chest to keep anyone listening from hearing his conversation with Brody. "What's a good place to meet up at?" he asked him. "Um, there's an unofficial landing site on top an old slave quarters skyscraper." "Heh, how bad can it be as a slave here? They get a whole skyscraper" Brody wasn't very amused by Balan's poorly chosen joke. ". . .heh" he continued nervously. "I'll trasmit the coords" Brody said, turning back to the comm and inputing the info for transfer. ". . .Um, we're putting in some info, coordinates. To an old slave skyscraper. . .we'll land on top of it." "How long for us to get there Brody?" "25 ticks." ". . .30 minutes, we'll be there" he said over the comm. "You meant minutes right?" Brody gave a slight smile "well I didn't mean seconds. . .yes, minutes." "Well, bye" he said over the comm.

Brody switched off the comm, Balan heaved a sigh and sat back in the chair. He closed his eyes and reached out with the force, keeping his senses attuned for danger. He didn't fully trust Brody, but he felt trustworthy through the force. The thirty minutes went by too fast for him, and soon they hovered over the landing spot. His heart hadn't stopped it's acclerated heartbeat. His anxiety and tension hadn't eased much, but he called on the force to support himself and keep his mental strength and determination up. Brody lowered the ship gently to the pad, he noticed a blip on the sensors "that should be them, not much room for both of us, but it'll be enough." Balan opened his tired eyes and stood up. He was unsure of the situation, but it was now or never, yet again.

Balan

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2015, 02:24:38 AM EDT »

North Star sat on top the decrepit skyscraper, it's ramp lowered. Balan and Brody stood side by side on the cracked duracreet roof. The chilly wind whipping Balan's robes and Brody's hair. The circular roof was about 90 meters across, a tight fit for two ships about 35 meters across. Both Brody and the other pilot had managed to share the space, though. The unmaintained landing pad had no markers or lights illuminating it, they had apparently burned out some time ago.

The pair watched as the landing pad of the other ship started to lower. Balan touched the dead knight's lightsaber underneath his robes, just to make sure it was still there. He had insisted on keeping it on himself, not that Brody argued the point. The other crew seemed to be a bit slower coming out. Balan was anxious. He'd expected this whole escapade to go smoother. It had been anything but smooth.

"Get down kid!" Brody yelled. Balan turned to Brody to see what he was talking about. He heard a unusual sound, sorta of like a torch. As he turned his head to look at Brody he caught a glimpse of what looked like fire moving through the air, with a jet of white smoke behind it.

Brody rolled partially behind the loading ramp and Balan instinctively jumped away from the path of the incoming projectile. It struck the roof a meter from where they'd been standing, and exploded. Fire, smoke, and dust clouded Balan's view. Small pieces of debris struck him and stung his skin through his robes. "A missile!" Balan thought "Who's shooting missiles?!"

The fire dissipated, shouting and blaster fire seemed to come and go from both sides of the landing pad. Balan drew his lightsaber and held it in front of him. None of the blaster bolts came his direction. Through the smoke and dust another source of what looked like fire flew through the air, much larger than the missile. "A bigger missile?!" Balan shouted in his head.

Then he made out the silhouette as humanoid. He felt a prick in his shoulder. The figure came through the cloud and landed on the pad before him. Balan looked down to see a dart in his shoulder. He swatted at it a couple times with his right hand, knocking it to the ground. He looked back up to see armor. Mandalorian armor!

His mind starting to cloud he raised his lightsaber up slightly, to guard himself from the warrior. He didn't realize how slow the tranquilizer had made him. At what seemed to Balan to be lightning fast speed the warrior swatted aside Balan's hands and thus his lightsaber, and punched Balan in the face. Balan had never taken such a hard blow. He went down, still gripping his saber.

He didn't hit the ground, though. In fact, after a moment he felt rather weightless. He also felt two arms gripping him and a strap that seemed to come out of nowhere around his waist. He heard an odd-sounding filtered voice say "oof, you're heavier than you look." He then saw the dark grey of the duracreet landing pad slide away and be replaced by the brilliant, innumerable city lights of Nar Shadda.

Balan was flying through the air, and he had no idea how this was happening. His drugged up brain really didn't care, though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:27:23 AM EDT by Balan »
If only you could see inside my head. . .

Balan

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 12:39:45 AM EDT »

Balan made little sense of the flight over the metropolis of Nar Shaddaa. He remained conscious, but simply didn't have a care in the world. He was enjoying the ride, in fact. He kept stretching his arms out as if he were a bird or a starfighter, and making whooshing sounds. The Mandalorian warrior rolled his eyes underneath the helmet. All too soon for Balan, the ride was over.

Without him remembering how they'd gotten to it, they were now in what looked like a large hangar bay. The Mandalorian stood just behind him, Balan still strapped to him. Balan wasn't very aware of his surroundings, just that there were large mechanical looking things around them, maybe swoops, or starfighters, or something.

He heard loud footsteps in front of them and then noticed several figures walking towards them. As they neared, Balan recognized a Weequay, a Gran, two Gamorreans, a Gand, and a protocol droid struggling to keep up with them. The Gand walked slightly ahead of the rest. He spoke first. His speech was fast-paced and guttural. Balan didn't understand a syllable of Gand.

The protocol droid translated into what Balan easily recognized as Mando'a. The Mandalorian replied gruffly. Balan lost interest in the conversation quickly, even though it probably had something to do with him. He instead began imagining the Gand very small and flying around, buzzing through the air. He swatted at the imaginary insectoid, chuckling. He must have annoyed the Mandalorian, because the tall warrior brought his arm around Balan, pulled the boy's arms down and held them still.

The Gand finished the conversation with what sounded like a grunt, and tossed a small bag to the Mandalorian, who caught it. He checked the contents, and then stored it in a small receptacle in his armor. Satisfied, the Mandalorian unhooked himself from the boy Jedi. The strap no longer holding Balan up, he collapsed to the floor with a yelp.

He heard what sounded like a large blow torch, like what he had heard before the rocket hit the landing pad, only much louder. The Mandalorian disappeared from Balan's limited awareness. Balan heard heavy footsteps approaching him. He lazily lifted his head up to look at who was nearing him. A Gamorrean leered over him. He felt a large hand with fat fingers grab him by the back of his robes and lift him several meters in the air onto the Gamorrean's large meaty shoulder.

The Gamorren turned around and started walking with the boy hung over his shoulder. Balan's head bounced around and off the Gamorrean's back, because of the alien's clumsy gait. All Balan could think about was how badly the Gamorrean reeked of body odor. His head close to the alien, he couldn't get away from the scent. They traveled a considerable distance like that. Balan was completely disoriented, but he was starting to get some of his common sense back, and managed to plug his nose.

At some point he noticed that they were traveling downward in a lift, for what seemed like a considerable amount of time. They then entered a series of hallways, taking many turns. Finally, they entered a room. There was speech in alien languages Balan didn't understand, then he heard a squeaky door open. He was dumped onto a hard slab with a thin pad over it. The Gamorrean then left, and Balan exhausted, slipped into sleep.

Balan

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 01:11:18 AM EDT »

Balan woke from a very refreshing sleep. He hadn't felt so refreshed since leaving Corellia. He stared up at the duracreet ceiling, realizing he didn't recognize it. He instantly sat up and looked around him. He was in a small cell, with three walls of duracreet and one of durasteel bars. There was an empty slab across the cell from him, identical to the one he sat on. He stood up and walked to the bars. Beyond them was a dimly lit room, about 13 meters long by 3 meters wide. Cells like Balan's lined the far side of the room.

In the middle of the room, on either side of the room, were two massive, powerful Gamorreans, standing guard. One carried a battleaxe typical of Gamorrean warriors, the other carried what appeared to be a huge cudgel. They were both dressed in leather armor. The one on Balan's side of the room was close enough to smell. To Balan's right was what appeared to be the exit, the only door that wasn't made of bars. Before this door was a durasteel desk and chair, with a Weequay occupying the chair. He was watching something on his personal pad. By the expression on his face Balan could tell he was quite entertained.

Balan was upset, scared. He had no idea where he was or how he got there. "Hey!" he shouted to the Weequay. The Weequay looked up at him briefly, with disdain on his face, before returning to his entertainment. Balan shied away from the Weequay's stare, casting his gaze downward. He regained his courage a little, and spoke again with some fear in his voice. "Hey. . .Where am I?" The Weequay seemed to be ignoring him, but after a long moment answered without looking away from his pad. "You are in the lair of Onis the Hutt."

The words confirmed Balan's fears, made them real. He slowly walked back to his padded slab and sat down. He then remembered the lightsabers, his and Vessil Qur's. He searched his robes for them. They were gone, no doubt confiscated by his captors. He had never felt so vulnerable, so defenseless. Since being on his own for the past three years he had never been without his saber. He also came down on himself for losing the other Jedi's lightsaber. Maybe if he had let Brody hang onto it, maybe they'd still have it. He'd failed, again.

He wondered what they had mind for him. He thought they just wanted the Jedi weapons. "Will they sell me into slave labor? Or make me serve the Hutt?" Balan could barely stand to accept the next thought. "Will they execute me?" He wondered why the Mandalorian hadn't just killed him, but his terrified mind couldn't draw conclusions for why that had happened.

He then wondered what had happened to the others. Had they been killed? Did the crew they were going to meet betray them? He had felt no deception in the force-user who had communicated with him telepathically, but it was possible. He started to remember what had happened on the landing pad. They were attacked, before the other ship's loading ramp was even lowered. He concluded that the other crew hadn't betrayed them.

He then remembered the Mandalorian, and flying over the city. He then realized he must have been strapped to the Mandalorian the whole time. "Then. . .and then?!" he struggled trying to remember. "That's right!" He remembered the Mandalorian had an exchange with some aliens, who then took Balan with them. He had been sold by the Mandalorian.

He was angry, he felt like livestock. He was particularly angry with the Mandalorian for some reason. He didn't know why. He eventually figured out why. "He could have just sold the lightsabers, but he stooped to selling a kid?" "Scum" he bitterly muttered. He hoped the others were coming for him, "maybe the Hutt will make a ransom. Maybe they'll come for me! Or maybe Corsec will come for me!" He had little real hope, though. He buried his face in his hands, and began softly weeping.

Balan

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2015, 06:10:39 PM EDT »

After a while, Balan stopped crying. His mind went through all the possible scenarios of what might have happened the night before, what had happened to his comrades. It also went through all the possible scenarios of what would happen to him. For hours he worried and moped, growing more and more anxious. The two lackluster meals the Weequay slid through a small opening in his cell door did little to brighten his spirits. Eventually a different set of guards, another Weequay and two more Gamorreans, came and relieved the prison guards.

Sometime after he ate a third provided meal, he was distracted from his constant worrying by the sound of the outer door being opened. He instantly imagined it was the other Jedi or Brody coming to help him. He got up to look through the bars of his cell. His hope was quickly returned to its deflated state. A white Twi’lek entered, a Gamorrean behind the door closed it after she entered. Balan sat back down to brood some more. His attention was caught, though, as the Weequay approached his cell door. He unlocked it and opened it. Balan for the fourth time, briefly considered bum-rushing the guards, but gave into fear and decided against it. The leather-skinned alien motioned for the Twi’lek to enter. She did so, casually.

Balan was instantly caught up by the sight of her. Smooth, white skin. Dark, intriguing eyes. Her outfight was of dark clothe that left her shoulders, mid rift, most of her legs, and a small portion of her chest exposed. Balan forgot about being in a hopeless situation. He was a teenage boy. He was still nervous though, perhaps even more so. She walked over to the padded slab across from him and sat down. She noted his obvious stare, but didn’t return it. Balan’s throat tensed up. He wanted to say something relevant to their situation, or at least just anything so he could talk to the pretty girl.

She sat on the slab facing out the cell bars. Her one leg flat on the slab, the other sticking up, bent at the knee. She leaned her back against the cold durasteel wall. He finally broke the silence, clearing his throat and then speaking. “Hi. . .I’m Balan.” She merely looked at him and gave a small smile, before turning her gaze back out the cell bars. He thought for a moment before continuing “why. . .why are you here?”

She paused before speaking in fluent Basic, her exasperation escaping Balan’s notice. “Because it’s my cell.” Balan’s heart start pounding at that “I’m sharing a cell with a hot girl!” he thought, momentarily forgetting that he was stuck in a prison cell.

He pressed on, oblivious to manners. “What’d, what’d you do?. . .I mean, to make the Hutt upset?”

Anger briefly crossed her face, before disappearing. She again took her time before answering. “My mother owed him a lot of money. She’s dead. So I’m paying it back” she plainly stated.

Balan thought a moment, his sympathy immediately kicking in. “I’m sorry, that must be difficult without your mother.”

She cocked an eyebrow “oh, ya think?” she said sarcastically.

Balan was hurt by her statement, but pressed on. “I wouldn’t claim to know exactly what you’re going through. I’m just sorry that it happened to you.”

“. . .thanks” she forced out.

After a long pause Balan continued. “How long do you think you’ll have to work to pay off the debt?”

Her expression showed a hint of despair “probably till I’m old and wrinkled. Or dead.”

Balan couldn’t imagine her old and wrinkled. He was saddened by her gloomy outlook. “What do you do here? Work in the kitchen?” he said, not factoring in her skimpy outfit.

She looked at him incredulously. “. . .Sure kid. I work in the kitchen” she said with sarcasm thick enough to cut.

He momentarily ran out of questions. She closed her eyes seeming to enjoy the silence. Balan examined her face, it actually looked quite peaceful. He thought to let her rest before asking anymore questions. He waited at least five minutes, which seemed to him an eon, before asking her “have you heard anything about me?” He thought about asking about his companions before deciding to keep that to himself for the moment. “. . .Why I’m here?”

Her eyes opened, looking just a little eager to Balan. “Maybe” she said, letting the word hang.

Balan couldn’t hide his extreme interest “wellll. . .what?!”

“It’ll cost you.”

“What? I don’t have anything to trade you. They took my lightsabers.” Balan knew next to nothing about negotiating.

She couldn’t help but mock him “ooh, so you’re a jedi. A lost little padawan, perhaps?”

“What of it?”

She thought of continuing to mock him but instead paused to chose her words “. . .Well, maybe you do have something you can give me.” She waited for him to divulge anything voluntarily.

“Like what?”

She crossed the small room to sit on his slab. His heartbeat sped up, and he instinctively scooted away from her, to the edge of the slab. She leaned in and whispered “like force powers.”

He couldn’t keep his eyes off her lips and chest at this point, so he jerked his head away. “Yeah. . .I have force powers.”

She scooted a little closer. He gulped. “Like anything useful? For, I don’t know, getting out of here or at least stealing something.”

He immediately retorted with a harsh whisper “I don’t steal!”

She rolled her eyes, his rebuke didn’t phase her a bit. “Oh, come on. That’s the only way you can get anything decent around here, is to take it.” She noticed the determination in his expression. “Besides, everything here is stolen anyways” she said, trying persuading him.

Balan stuck to the strict morality his father had taught him, at least as best he knew how. He was, also, still young enough where everything was black and white. “I will help you get out. But, I won’t steal anything.”

“Okay, okay.” She didn’t miss a beat “What’ya got though? Telekinesis, lightning fingers? Can ya choke people?”

Balan found her suggestions dark-side associated force powers somewhat abhorrent. “No!” he turned to her and said aloud.

She waved her hands “sshh!” trying to keep him quiet.

He turned his gaze out the cell to see the Weequay look up at them quizzically. After a moment the alien went back to watching his pad. He turned back to her, her beauty still enthralling him. He wanted to impress her. “I have mental powers.”

“Oooh?” she said with intrigue. Then she realized that wasn’t that exciting and asked “what’re those?”

He continued trying to impress her “like that Weequay over there. I can tell you what he’s thinking, what he’s feeling.”

“Pfff, I can tell you that” she said incredulously.

“Oh yeah? What’s that?”

“That he wishes he were in this cell, instead of you.”

Innocent Balan didn’t catch her drift “What? Why would he want that? That’s stupid." He turned toward the Weequay, and said to her with a bit of cockiness "watch this.” He focused on the Weequay, using the force to enter his mind. Balan hadn’t practiced this as much as he should, in order to master it. He floundered for a while, moving aimlessly through the alien’s mind. Something caught his attention, then, and he focused on it. Upon getting a clear picture of it, he instantly cut the connection. He sat there briefly, eyes wide at what he had witnessed.

She noticed the look in his eyes and wanted to know what had shocked him “what? What’d you see?”

“He’s watching a dirty holovid” he said, embarrassed.

“Oh brother!” she said out loud, rolling her eyes again. She went back to whispering “that’s useless! Tell me something I don’t know!”

He tried to focus on their conversation and ignore the images he saw. “I can make him go to sleep, err, more like knock him unconscious with my mind.”

She nodded several times in approval and smiled. “Okay, that’s more like it.” She thought for a few moments. “Will he be able to tell if you did it to him? When he wakes up?”

It was Balan’s turn to think. He had only done the mechanism, or whatever it was, once. He hadn’t stayed around to see what had happened to the person, a sith, after they woke up. If they woke up. He didn’t think it had killed the sith, though. He hadn’t sensed it anyways, at the time. He whispered “I don’t think so. I don’t know.”

“What’d you mean you “don’t know”?” she criticized.

“I’ve only done it once!” he whispered harshly in return.”

“What?! Weren’t you trained, or something?!” her tone quiet but critical.

“Yes. I discovered the power afterward. Do you want my help, or not?” He whispered firmly and a little too loud.

She calmed herself and softened her expression. “Okay, fine. Just, um. . .try it out. See what happens.”

He thought “I can’t just “try it out!”” He thought some more. After all, he was in a desperate situation. The Weequay was the bad guy. He turned to see her, a questioning look on her face. “Fine” he whispered.

He concentrated taking all his worries, fears, anger, all his unpleasant emotions and thoughts from his conscious and subconscious mind and unloaded them into the Weequay’s conscious mind. The alien’s eyes rolled into the back of his head, his head fell back then he slumped in his chair, his grip on his pad loosened and it fell to the floor with a loud clang! sound.

Balan was surprised himself at the effectiveness of the technique. The Twi’lek girl almost laughed out loud, she settled for a open-mouth smile and slapped his shoulder in congratulations. He returned with his own large smile.

They stopped their quiet celebration, however, as the two Gamorreans lumbered over to examine their fellow guard. They grunted and squealed in their native Gamorrese, for a while. The harsh sounding language made them seem alarmed to Balan. He began to worry about what they’d do. The girl calmed him down, though. She patted his shoulder softly and whispered in his ear. “They’ve concluded he’s had a bad spice trip.”

After a while longer they innocuously turned and walked back to their respective posts. Balan breathed a heavy sigh of relief. She verbally applauded him, somewhat louder than a whisper “that was awesome! We can use that!”

Balan whispered, anxious to escape “So, we’re going to get out now, right?”

“No, no, no” she chided him. “We have to wait until nighttime. Just before dawn, when everyone’s asleep.”

“Okay, so tonight, just before dawn.” He was all eagerness.

“No. I have to plan things out. I also need to get some things.”

It was Balan’s turn to criticize “Like what?! You saw what I can do!”

“Yes, but we need weapons, and keys, and codes, to get out.”

He wasn’t satisfied with her plan, he wanted out, now. “Tonight, we have to tonight!”

She had had enough of his nagging “would you just relax?! We’ll get ourselves killed rushing this. Or worse.”

He quieted at that. He was frustrated and unnerved with everything that had happened. She continued “I’m going to sleep. You better too, if you don’t want that leatherskin to suspect you when he wakes up.” She got up and crossed the room to her bed. He lay down keeping his eyes on the Weequay, worrying that he'd get up and punish them for what Balan had done to him. Gradually, eventually his fear subsided, and he thought more and more about what the girl had said, “just relax.” He realized, that’s exactly what he needed to do; and not just now, but in general. His gaze then went to the girl and stayed there. He admired her beautiful, sleeping form. She seemed to be all he could think about, though, he restrained himself from having inappropriate thoughts.

He eventually fell asleep, thinking of a pale Twi’lek girl.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:12:27 AM EDT by Balan »

Balan

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 02:03:05 PM EDT »

Balan woke relaxed. For the second time in two mornings, he felt like he had slept a long time. It felt good. He turned over to see if the girl was awake. Her slab was empty, she was gone. He was disappointed. He hoped to talk to her more. Especially about getting out of this place with her. Balan thought of her that whole morning, even eating his gruel-like breakfast with a cheerful demeanor. He wondered when he would see her again.

Sometime after breakfast he noticed something odd. The cell across from him was empty. He approached the bars of his cell to get a better look at the rest of the cells. He had a good view of the two cells adjacent to the cell directly across from his. They were both empty as well. He thought back, and didn’t remember seeing or hearing any other prisoners. He thought he would have at least, heard some complaining if there were other prisoners. He, also, didn’t remember the guards bringing food to the other cells. He wondered why he seemed to be the only prisoner here, why the girl had been put in his cell and not an empty one.

His first thought, was that the force was influencing matters, that it was not luck. He then wondered if someone, perhaps the Hutt, conspired to have that happen. “Why would the Hutt want that?” he thought. He had no answer. “Could she be conspiring with him?” He rejected that thought. She had been so nice to him, she couldn’t have a malicious bone in her, he concluded. ”What is going on?” He was confused. He knew there was more to the situation than what was apparent, but he couldn’t deduce it.

He spent the rest of the morning trying to figure it out, thinking himself in circles. He reached out to the force, trying to let it guide him and give him some sort of insight. It seemed to only confirm his conclusion that something fishy was up. An Aqualish brought him his lunch with a glare. Balan then thought to examine the guards’ thoughts, to see if he could find out anything useful that way. He ate his lunch less enthusiastically than his breakfast. It was some sort of processed gunk that tasted sort of like overripe Kavasa fruit with a hint of unwashed sock. He was hungry enough to eat it all, however, because each meal they gave him was rather meager.

After breakfast, he moved from his slab to sit on the floor. He sat with his back leaning against the left-side wall of his cell. From there he could see the Aqualish at the desk and the door behind her. He focused on her face and delved into her mind. He again floundered for a while before being able to navigate through what he thought were recent memories. His journey through her mind was still clumsy, though. He saw images of dark, narrow corridors and dimly lit rooms filled with people. He couldn’t make the people out very clearly. He could tell though, that they were of a variety of races. At times the memories were associated with loud noise. He concluded it might be some sort of music, as part of a party.

Amidst the memories seemed to be a constant feeling of fear and alarm. He began experiencing the fear himself, to an extent. The fear seemed to come from all sides for the Aqualish. As he continued to examine the memories, however, he noticed that they seemed to peak in one certain location. ”No,” he discerned. ”They’re centered around one particular person.” He strove a little harder to focus on the individual. He saw images of a large, elongated, bulbous individual, with a face that seemed to have been smeared on. Large eyes and mouth. “The Hutt! Onis the Hutt!” he exclaimed in his thoughts, identifying the source of the alien’s fear.

He wondered why she would fear her employer. He concluded that not only had this Hutt lowered himself to kidnapping, but that he treated his own employees with similar treachery. He muttered out loud “no honor among thieves or Hutts” a saying he had heard more than a few times.

He then noticed something different from the rest of the memories. He felt it like a twinge. Like he was allergic to something in the Aqualish’s memories. He couldn’t tell what, though. It seemed to be associated with all the memories of the Hutt, but for some reason he didn’t think it was the Hutt. It felt starkly different from the Hutt. The Aqualish seemed to view this aspect of her memory with hate, as opposed to the fear and disgust she felt for her boss. He kept looking for a face to put to the feeling, but he could find none.

Suddenly, an image of a dark robed figure came into view. He instinctively identified it, ”Sith!” he snarled in his thoughts and out loud. Suddenly he felt intense anger from the Aqualish. He heard loud barking and growling sounds, which shook him from the alien’s mind. His vision came back to the forefront of his mind only to see the Aqualish standing just outside his cell, yelling at him in her language through the bars. It startled him and he pulled himself back along the floor, to the back wall of his cell.

He realized that she had somehow deduced that he had used to force to look into her mind. He didn’t know what she would do. She was a bit taller than him and just as stout. She looked angry. She jabbed one of her clawed fingers at him, seeming to accuse him. She continued barking and growling. “Sorry” he said. Not knowing if she’d understand. She quieted and seemed to calm down somewhat at that. She uttered some more barks and growls and wagged her finger at him. She seemed to understand Basic, but didn’t reply to him in it. She walked away to her desk to sit down. Balan watched her, wary of her. He felt tough when he had his lightsaber, but without it he didn’t feel so invincible. He was glad his cell had a toilet on the back wall, he suddenly had to use it. He did so, his back to the guards. He pretended the Aqualish was just another one of the guys.

He then sat down again, but this time facing the Gamorreans. They paced the room impatiently. Balan knew they were near the end of their shift, they must have been antsy to get out of there. Balan could empathize with that. He spent the next while examining their thoughts. They were simpler and easier to navigate.

Sometime later the next set of guards, a Rodian and two more Gamorreans, were rotated in. He wondered to himself "How many Gamorreans does this place have?!" He then examined their thoughts. He seemed to be getting the hang of it. None of them seemed to notice that he had entered their minds. He was glad of that. The only thing of use he attained from examining their thoughts, was that he now felt like he had a rough, partial layout of the compound. It felt like it was completely contained. In their memories, he had never noticed any windows to the outside, like it was underground or part of some huge complex.

He decided to wait for his third meal, and then the girl, to discuss what to do next.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:19:09 AM EDT by Balan »

Balan

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2015, 03:51:39 AM EDT »

He finished his third meal of the day. He was getting used to the bad after taste. It seemed to take forever for the girl to get there. It eventually felt later in the day, then when she had showed up the previous day.

The sound of a lock unlocking caught his attention. He stopped his pacing and stepped to the bars of his cell. There she was, just as beautiful as last time. She wore the same black clothe outfit that wrapped around her chest and waist, with half-leggings that freely flowed amidst her legs when she walked. The leggings did little to cover her legs when she stood still as well. He didn't mind, though.

The door closed behind her and the Rodian placed a grubby paw on her shoulder and began to move it lower. She grabbed the alien's wrist and twisted hard. Balan could feel the Rodian's pain, as he squeaked and whimpered. The alien quickly removed his hand from her. She let go and confidently strode to their shared cell.

The Rodian meekly scurried to the cell door and unlocked and opened it for her. She walked in and slammed it shut. The Rodian jumped at the loud bang! noise of the door closing. Balan's mouth was slightly agape. He hadn't thought of her being so tough. She barely acknowledged Balan with a glance, as she turned and strode to her slab and lay down on it. After getting over how awesome she was, he realized how despicably the Rodian had acted. He turned his head to glare at him. The alien was now sitting at the desk, and didn't even notice Balan's look.

Balan turned to the girl. He walked over to her slab and sat on it, next to her feet. She pulled them from him, which he didn't notice. He looked at her with eager eyes, seeing her as his way out. He started to speak "hav-" He stopped and looked to see if anyone was close enough to hear. The Gamorreans and the Rodian were still at their usual spots, seeming to pay no attention to their prisoners.

He turned back to her and whispered "have you found anything out? Is everything set up?" She sighed, looking him in the eyes. "Boy, you sure know how to wait things out, don't you?" she said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes back at her "I'm being serious. I'm tired of being stuck in here." She sighed again, and took her time before replying ". . .Everything's almost in place. We move tomorrow night, just before dawn." She said, a grimness in her voice he hadn't noticed before.

He paused before replying "Okay. Thank you, so much for your help." His gratitude to her overshadowed the disappointment of having to wait another boring day, cooped up in his cell, with no one to talk to and nothing to do. She side-stepped his borderline groveling "Yes, yes. Now leave me alone." She shooed him away with her hands. He looked hurt at that. She gave a small sigh and her tone softened "I've had a hard day. You have no idea what it's like out there." She suddenly couldn't look him in the eye.

He acquiesced at that, still looking and feeling a bit hurt. He stood up, eyeing her. He crossed the cell to his slab. He said "goodnight," before laying down on his slab. She rolled over and closed her eyes "goodnight." He lay on his stomach and watch her body slowly heave with each breathe. He realized then that he hadn't had a chance to ask her about the oddities he'd noticed, such as them sharing a cell. He'd try to ask her in the morning, before she left. He began mentally preparing his mind and body to wake up earlier than he had been. Essentially, setting his body's alarm clock. He hoped it'd work, it didn't seem as consistent as an electronic clock. He soon fell asleep, thinking of the girl and of freedom.

Balan woke with a start, instantly thinking he had slept too late. He had been dreaming of sleeping too long and missing her before she left. It had made for some rough sleep. He looked up to see her sitting up on her slab. She noticed him moving to sit up on his bed, as well. She looked surprised, her eyes a little wide.

He sleepily wiped his eyes and said "good morning." She looked to the cell door briefly before checking her outfit and adjusting it nervously. They stood at the same time. Balan didn't care who heard them at this point, and spoke out loud, "we need to talk."

She turned to the cell door and started towards it "I don't have time, I have to get to work."

He took a few steps to stand next to her "it can wait a minute."

She slid past him to the door "you obviously have no idea of the consequences of being late to work for a Hutt."

He grabbed her forearm, ignoring how nice her skin felt. He blurted out his question "why are you staying in my cell? There are no other prisoners here."

She called to the guard, another Weequay, "hey, let me out. Onis is expecting me." She gave hesitated to give him a response, though.

"All the other cells are empty" he pressed. "Isn't that odd?"

The guard reached their cell door, and unlocked it. "I don't know" she vaguely brushed off his question.

The guard pushed the door open and let her slip out. Balan took a step to follow her, but the tall alien stepped in his way, glaring at the boy.

Balan ignored the guard and looked past him to the girl. He was frustrated at her evasiveness and had to know something, anything. "At least tell me your name" he blurted out, almost pleading with her.

She knocked at the door, seeming to not have heard him. The door opened, but before she stepped out she turned and looked at him sideways "Vasira." She stepped out and the door closed behind her.

He played her voice over and over in his head "Vasira. Vasira. Vasira." He felt he had to make sure he remembered that vividly. Her name sounded so exotic and almost intoxicating in his head. However, because she so strongly avoided giving him a straight answer, he now felt like he couldn't trust her.

He anxiously thought "what is going on??"

Balan

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2015, 04:54:25 AM EST »

After she left, and throughout his breakfast, he again couldn't stop his mind from running through all the possibilities of what was really going on. He decided to try to take Vasira's advice and "just relax." He found it funny that he was taking the advice of someone he was beginning to question the intentions of. Trying to "just relax" in itself wasn't helping enough. His mind still fretted away.

He then chose to try to keep himself busy. He began readying himself for their escape. He started with some mental exercises that helped him "connect" with the force. Then he went through his practice routine of Shii-Cho, even though he didn't have an actual a lightsaber with him.

This attracted the attention of the guards who stared, pointed, mocked, and laughed at him. Red in the face, Balan continued, ignoring them the best he could. After about ten minutes, which felt like a century to Balan, they grew bored of making fun of him and returned to their posts.

Lunch came and went, and Balan delved into the force throughout the afternoon, essentially swimming in it. He had forgotten how enjoyable and refreshing the activity was. He made a mental note to do it more often.

His mind was suddenly pulled from his exploration of the force, by the sound he had been subconsciously waiting for. The lock of the outer door unlocking. His eyes bolted open, he stood up from his slab and walked to the bars of his cell. In strode Vasira. Upon seeing him, her face appeared to become just as apprehensive as when she had left that morning. That seemed to confirm his suspicions. There was definitely something she wasn't telling him.

He was determined to figure it out.

Balan

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2015, 02:41:56 PM EST »

She changed her expression back to her usual casual look. She paused before walking to their cell. The Weequay unlocked and opened the door for her. Balan was anxious to speak with her. He had to step back from the doorway where. The alien closed the door behind them.

She walked to her slab, but didn't sit down. He had her on edge, a bit. Despite his conviction she was hiding something, he wasn't sure how to word his questions. He didn't want to hurt her feelings or burn any bridges. He still thought of her as trying to help him. Unnerved by his stare at her, she broke the silence. "Well?! What are you looking at me for?" her tone carried her annoyance.

He started to speak, then stopped. She turned from him and let out a huge sigh. "What's going on?" he asked. No answer. "What are you hiding?" he worried that might have been too harsh, or accusatory, so he softened it by saying ". . .I know you're trying to help me esc-"

She turned around, her face knotted up in contempt "sshh!" She then grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. The Weequay was still standing at their doorway, watching, listening to them. Balan looked at him wide-eyed for a moment, before putting on a cool demeanor. The guard looked at Vasira for a moment, before walking back to his desk.

Balan turned back to her, embarrassed. He began to whisper "I'm sorr-"

"Well, keep your mouth shut!" she whispered harshly. He was rebuffed by that, but he didn't forget that he needed find out what she was up to.

She sat down on her slab. Balan paused before sitting down close beside her. She had irritation all over her face. He paused before speaking, noticing how she wouldn't look at him. He was starting to get ticked off. "What are you doing?" he asked in a hushed tone. "What are you," he paused unsure if he was saying the right thing, "what are you up to?"

Her expression turned almost blank. Balan could still see a firmness in it, though. "Helping you! You have no idea what I have been through, what I've been arranging to help you get out!" She scolded in hushed tones.

He looked away from her, feeling guilty. He was sure she was trying to help him. The guilty feeling quickly subsided, but his questions remained. "I understand that" he turned back to face her. "But, I need to know what is going on."

She paused for a long time. Balan could see the gears turning in her head. ". . .Alright. I'll tell you, but you have to promise to keep your mouth shut." Balan nodded his agreement. "Tomorrow morning, at 0900, you will be brought before Onis the Hutt."

He cocked an eyebrow at that, "what?!" he whispered alarmed.

"Do you want me to tell you, or not?" she chided. He nodded again, alarm still on his face. She continued "he'll have some grandiose speech that'll leave you feeling slimy. . ." she paused, thinking again. "This part is important. Let him finish his speech. Then make a big distraction. Then, we escape."

Balan waited for her to continue, but she didn't. After staring her in the eyes for a few silent seconds, he said out loud "That's it??" She hushed him by putting a finger to her lips. "How do we escape??" he whispered, a little critical.

"I have the door codes to get us out" she said simply.

"Okay" he accepted that. "How do I make a distraction?" he asked.

"With your Jedi powers, of course" she said simply again.

"But, I. . ." he started to protest. Then he thought of something. "Okaaay" he drew out, nodding his head, confident.

"What? What're you going to do?" she asked, genuinely interested.

He stopped nodding and shook his head "uh-huh. You'll just have to wait and see." He wanted to be the one to keep a secret this time.

Her expression showed disappointment. He noticed it, but pretended he hadn't.

He continued "what about my lightsaber? We have to get it and the other one I had before we get out."

She very briefly paused before answering "Oh yeah, we'll get them before we leave."

He accepted that, and they continued discussing what would happen tomorrow. They discussed what the Hutt would talk about, how many guards and other people would be there, the layout of the place. She informed him that it was at the base of a super-structure; and that the Hutt did indeed consider it a palace, just that it was a bottom-level palace. Balan laughed at that, and Vasira joined in. It was the first time he had heard her laugh. It sounded divine to him.

It was her turn to question him. She asked about how he had ended up here, and about his companions. He told her the whole story, including the parts about Grennick and Zoronius. She seemed particularly interested in those things, which made him feel very flattered.

She then asked if he had a way to communicate with them. He nodded and recited the frequency out loud, the one that Zoronius had mentally communicated to him, "9ZetaX23Farenheit."

"What was it?" she asked.

"9ZetaX23Farenheit." He then wondered why she wanted to know it. "Why do you want to know?"

She swallowed the lump in her throat, "in case we get separated. That way I can still call for help."

"Oh," he trusted her now, and accepted her explanation.

Their conversation turned to more light-hearted things, finally. They spoke about what they'd do when they got out, where they'd go, what they'd eat. He then mentioned the possibility of her living on Corellia, like him. She looked sad for a moment, before saying "maybe."

They continued joking and talking, and before they knew it, it was lights out in their cell. After the guard fell asleep at his desk, Balan suggested trying to escape then and there. She turned him down and said they needed to stick to the plan she had laid out. He trusted her, and let the possible opportunity pass by.

They kept talking, but after a while she stopped replying. Balan realized she must have fallen asleep. He then wondered how late they had stayed up, just talking and laughing. He realized he hadn't done that since before his family had been torn apart. He and his brother would stay up late together every once-in-a-while. He patted his friend's shoulder and went to his slab to sleep the few hours before he was called before the Hutt.

In the dark, he didn't notice the tears running down Vasira's face.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:46:39 PM EDT by Balan »

Balan

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2015, 03:40:55 AM EST »

Balan awoke to Vasira's face. He felt her hands on his shoulder, shaking him. "Hey, it's time to wake up. Get up, Balan." He thought it was the best sight he'd ever woken up to. He sleepily sat up, sliding his legs off the slab. He rubbed his eyes, and then stretched out his arms. He mostly contained a huge yawn, as the girl of his dreams was standing right in front of him. She stepped back a little ways, as he heard the door to their cell open. A Rodian guard stood at the entrance, waiting for them. It looked like it was the same one that had tried to paw Vasira.

Balan stood up, a disdainful look on his face meant for the Rodian. The Rodian spoke in a language that sounded garbled and almost like baby-talk to Balan. Vasira responded in another language, it sounded exotic to him. He recognized it as Ryl, and was able to make out a couple words. As she began walking to the doorway, she glanced back at him, to tell him to follow. After a moment he did. Before she exited the cell, she asked him "ready?"

He wasn't sure at all, of what lay ahead of them. "I. . .guess." His tone wasn't very confident.

"Well, you better be. Now's the time."

Her words weren't very reassuring, but he nodded curtly, his anxiety rising. She turned away from him, and exited the cell. He followed, staring up into the eyes of the Rodian. Their eyes locked until Balan passed. He followed her to the outer door. She knocked on it, and it opened a moment later. A grizzled looking Weequay peeked in, a large scar running down one side of his face. He nodded at her brusquely and opened the door for them. Balan followed Vasira out into the hallway. Three Gammoreans also stood guard in the hallway.

The Weequay barked at one of them. This Gammorean squealed once at Vasira, and then started down the hallway. Vasira followed him, then Balan, and lastly the Weequay. Balan's apprehension grew, at the thought of dealing with his powerful captor, Onis the Hutt.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:43:43 AM EST by Balan »

Balan

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2015, 02:50:43 PM EST »

Balan simply followed Vasira, as she followed the Gammorean. He was lost in thought about his impending meeting with the Hutt. He snapped out of his worried ponderings after a short while, though. Get your bearings! he mentally chastised himself. He examined the hall way they were in. He remembered they already taken a turn, maybe two. There were metal doors along both sides of the hallway. Balan noted that they were different from the door of his prison. He wondered about it, before concluding that maybe the prison was older than the rest of the structure, and that it really wasn't that important.

As they made a right turn, he noticed that the hallways looked very similar to how they had looked in the memories of the Aqualish guard. Seeing them with his own eyes he noticed how dusty and unmaintained they looked. This was in stark contrast to the materials they had been made with, cold, sterile-looking durasteel and bright, white fluorescent lights. Of course, most of the lights were burnt out, so it was a bit dim.

He searched out with the force, trying to enhance his sense of the layout. Then he felt it. Elation sprung up in his heart, and his feet wanted to follow. He sensed his father's lightsaber not far from him. He figured Vessil Qur's wouldn't be far from it. He had to use all his strength to keep from darting off to go retrieve them. He had to wait. He suddenly wanted to get this meeting over with, and his pace quickened.

Vasira looked back then, and noticed the joy on his face. She mouthed "what?". He opened his mouth to explain, but thought better of it. He simply smiled wider and winked at her. She gave him a questioning look and turned her head back to where she was going.

From the rough lay out of the structure he'd gotten from the guards' minds, he thought he knew generally where he was, kind of. They took a left turn and the hallway they entered was wider. It had fewer doors on each side than the previous hallways. The lighting here was softer, but not any dimmer. He heard a clamor of noises up ahead. Music, he realized. We must be getting close!, he thought. His anticipation grew as he saw them approaching a large chamber filled with people and music. It peaked as a large, bulbous individual came into view. He exclaimed silently, The Hutt!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:55:37 PM EST by Balan »

Balan

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2015, 03:30:16 PM EST »

The Hutt payed little attention to the group entering his chamber. He was solely focused on the large plate of food before him. It was something, juicy, sloppy, and smelly. Just the way a Hutt likes it.  

The meal sat on a raised stand. The stand was designed with a bend in it, that leaned in towards the Hutt. This was to get the food as close as possible to the Hutt's short, stubby arms and his mouth. The stand was at the end of a conveyor belt that came from somewhere behind the Hutt. The belt was lined with hot, steaming, freshly prepared dishes. Maximum gluttony, minimum effort.

The Hutt, having finished his meal and shamelessly letting out a gargantuan belch, simply flipped a switched on the stand and the belt slid the next meal up before his food-slathered face. The empty plate slid off the belt into the arms of a small Rodian boy. The boy studiously examined the plate for scraps. Upon finding none, he scowled. He then scurried off to take care of the plate.

Balan watched all of this in amazement. He had imagined the Hutt would have a live band, dancing girls in skimpy outfits, and an entourage of the baddest scoundrels in the quadrant. Instead, most of the people just looked like more guards, the lackluster music came from speakers throughout the chamber, and the couple girls in skimpy outfits simply sat by a wall looking bored. The most interesting sight in the room was the fatty with the most complicated face-feeder Balan had ever seen. Balan, to his disbelief, was disappointed and underwhelmed.

After the Hutt finished another plate, the Weequay guard with the large scar on his face stepped forward. He cleared his throat to get the Hutt's attention, then he spoke in Huttese "your majesty. May I present to you the captive padawan." The Hutt momentarily thought of brutally dispatching this minion of his, for getting in the way of his next dish. He let the thought pass and decided to get on with his day.

The guard stepped back as the Hutt cleared his throat, hocked a loogie, spat it out, and then cleared his throat some more. Balan's eyes shifted from the Hutt to Vasira, and back to the Hutt. Vasira looked worried and Balan was unsure of what to expect.

Huttese was the one language, besides basic that Balan had chosen to learn. A strange choice for a young child. He started to regret the decision as the Hutt began to speak.

The Hutt bothered to wipe his face off with a towel before speaking. "The Grand Onis brings you before him.” His pitch was surprisingly high for a Hutt. He made grandiose gestures that, because of his stubby arms, simply looked silly. “The Great and Illustrious Onis, who bartered the great Clonik-Bespa merger acquisition. Who stole countless shipments of the most precious and extravagant varieties of spice from the Exchange. Who took an even more valuable prize, the hearts of countless women throughout the galaxy,” he motioned towards the two half-naked girls who seem to barely notice the Hutt’s self-acclaim, “gastropod and otherwise. Who bravely, boldly defended Duros in the Mandalorian Wars.”

Balan’s expression grew increasing incredulous, with each of the Hutt’s bombastic sounding statements. He tried to get Vasira’s attention to make fun of the Hutt, but she seemed very distracted. He could tell she was worried about the encounter. He turned back to his captor and raised his eyebrows as the Hutt concluded with a booming “I am Onis the Grand!”

The Hutt had never made eye contact with him, he seemed to be talking for his benefit, but not actually speaking directly to him. Even as the Hutt lowered his voice closer to a normal tone and seemed to speak more directly to Balan, he still wouldn’t make eye contact. He seemed to look beyond Balan, as if he were beneath him. Balan wasn’t sure what to think of all this self-appointed grandeur, or how to react to it. He’d never experienced megalomania before. “Now, boy,” the gastropod spoke with increasing condescension. “You will serve as the day’s entertainment.” His tone turned sadistic and mocking. “I do hope you are fast on your feet. You’ll be running for your life.” He slowed his pace to build anticipation. “Today, you are the prey! And this is the Predator!” He turned his head and motioned with one arm to a darkened corner of the room behind him and to the side.

Out from the dark stepped a cloaked figure in long, black robes. The man’s hood and it’s shadow completely hid his face. Sith! Balan yelled in his mind, glaring at the figure. He was disturbed that he hadn’t noticed the person before. He realized the Sith must have been concealing his presence in the force, because now he felt the individual’s power rolling off of him. This was the most powerful force user he had ever been in the presence of, except perhaps, his father. The sheer might of the person overwhelmed Balan with anxiety. He was simply no match in force power to this Sith.

Seeming to pay no heed to the Hutt or his introduction, the Sith spoke simply but powerfully, in a deep somewhat grizzled tone. “I am Lord Mrataos. You, are mine” he told Balan. Balan felt as if the room, no the world were closing in on him. Onis spoke again, “I am granting you quite a privilege boy. You have the run of the complex. Do try to stay alive, won’t you?” Onis cackled wickedly, and then commanded “let the chase begin!”

“You have ten seconds to run boy” informed the Sith Lord. Balan couldn’t believe what he was hearing, it was wrong, it was insanity! How had he gotten into this situation, he wondered. His expression belied confusion and great fear. He looked at Vasira for answers.

Time seemed to stop as he saw the tears streaming down her face. Then it suddenly contorted as she screamed “run Balan!”
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:26:50 PM EST by Balan »

Balan

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2015, 10:54:17 PM EST »

Her scream broke his hesitation and he bolted back the way they came. He used the force to augment his speed. Quickly, he got it in mind to head in the direction he sensed his lightsaber. He darted down the wide hallway and took a right. He had to slow down to make the turn.

Balan then noticed a figure down the hall from him, directly in his path. He quickly drew closer with each force imbued stride. Soon, he recognized that it was a Gammorean. The pig-like guard suddenly raised his heavy, large axe into a ready position. Balan assessed his options as he neared the opponent. The alien had his body squared, his feet spread apart in a power stance.

He started his swing and Balan realized he was running out of time. Things were happening in slow motion for Balan. His hand-eye coordination kicked in and he instinctively sped up with an extra burst of speed. He went into a slide as the alien began bringing the axe down to meet him. He could almost feel the axe head rushing down on him. He knew he could easily reach out and touch it, but knew it best not to. He slid between the Gammorean's legs, and pushed himself up with his hands. His momentum carrying him, he continued his sprint unabated. He heard a long clanging noise behind him, the axe crashing into the durasteel floor.

He reached out with his mind trying to find his lightsaber. He instantly felt it. He didn't have a detailed layout of the compound in his mind, but he knew in what direction and about how far the lightsaber was from him. It was close. He saw another Gammorean ahead, with axe in hand. He also noticed that the guard was at a four way intersection of halls.

This guard did something unexpected. He entered his downward swing, as had the first guard. But he started sooner, perhaps jumping the gun, perhaps anticipating the padawan's speed. Balan prepared to let the swing hit the floor and then speed past the guard. He was shocked when the axe left the hands of the Gammorean and sailed through the air at him, end over end. He stumbled at high-speed, losing his balance. His reflexes kicked in though, and he twisted his body around the axe as it flew past him. He somehow managed to stay upright. He barreled into the guard. Surprised, the alien let out a squeal. Running into the thick, sturdy guard had stopped Balan's momentum. He was able to quickly regain his balance and sprint off down the hall to his right, before the guard was able to grab him.

He knew time was running out, the Sith Lord would soon be on his heels. His ten second head start had to be up. A short ways down the hall he noticed another Gammorean with an axe and a three-eyed Gran guarding a door. He knew his lightsaber and Qur's were behind it.

He was panting, his exertion had already tired him considerably. He reached for one last burst of energy and swiftly crossed the distance between him and the two guards. They were caught off-guard but quickly recovered. The Gran brandished a long katana, and the Gammorean instantly went into a powerful swing. This swing surprised Balan. It came at him so fast and at an angle he didn't expect, horizontal instead of vertical. It was aimed at his neck. His reflexes kicked in again, but not quickly enough. As he tried to dodge his head around the swing, the Gammorean landed a glancing blow to his left ear. It knocked him off balance and he again barreled into a guard. He knocked the scrawny Gran off his feet. He managed to stay upright, though.

He sensed danger behind him through the force. He spun around as the Gammorean was quickly squaring up for another swing. Balan crouched low just as the axe head sailed over him. He grabbed the katana that had been knocked loose form the Gran's grip. He swung a tight, awkward swing and managed to connect with the Gammorean's hand, breaking bones and cutting off fingers. The guard shrieked in pain and backed off, clutching his bloodied digits.

The axe fell to the floor with a clamor. Balan sensed the darkness of the Sith drawing closer. He tried the door panel. Locked. He pointed the tip of the blade at the Gran's face. "The key!" A frightened expression shown on the alien's face. He had been trying to scoot away unnoticed, but stopped when the boy pointed his own weapon at him. "Now!" Balan yelled, growing a little frantic. The alien hesitated before hastily rummaging through his pockets and then throwing a keycard at Balan. Balan knelt down to pick it up while keeping an eye on the two guards. The Gran got up and ran for his life. Balan tried the card on the door, and it promptly unlocked with a loud click. He pushed the heavy door and it swung open with a loud creak.

There before him were the two lightsabers. They were simply laying on a table, not even locked up or hidden. He could already feel the calming effects of the pontite crystal on him. He first grabbed Qur's lightsaber and clipped to a loop on his robes. He then snatched up his father's lightsaber. He felt whole again, safe again.

This didn't last long as he felt danger again behind him. He swung around, falling into his Shii-Chou stance. His blue blade met and screeched against a crimson one.

The Sith pushed hard against Balan's stance and he had to exert himself from being pushed over. Mrataos seemed to be staring deep into Him. His words echoed in Balan's head, "you are mine."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.457 seconds with 22 queries.