The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 05:00:37 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit The Corellian League Gift Store to purchase your Official T-Shirt! Support the leauge, support The Republic!  While supplies last!
SHOP NOW!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)  (Read 11076 times)

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
Re: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 06:19:53 AM EST »

<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 02:06:24 PM EST »

Nalon looked at the unconcious Mando for a moment, then unclipped his helmet to reveal a heavily scarred human.  "I don't know.  He's unconsious, so we can't hurt him, but we can't tie him up either because he'd just break his bonds."

"We take him with us."  Both Nalon and Weril shot me looks of surprise.  "We need to find out who hired him and why he's here.  Normally I'd shoot him and be done, but he has information.  So tie him up and wake him up.  But in the lift, we're losing time."

Weril and I dragged the unconsious Mando into the lift and Nalon followed.  The doors steamed closed and the whole works started upward.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 09:14:01 PM EST »

After dragging the unconscious Mando into the lift Weril began riffling through the man
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:11 PM EST »

Weril searched the Mando and came up empty-handed.  I had about expected as much.  We'd just have to wait until he woke up to find what we needed.  The lift steamed to a stop and we exited to find an enormous durasteel door guarding the vault.  I grinned, almost giggling, and handed a set of charges to Weril.  In seconds, the door was wired and ready to blow.

"Back to the lift," I said and we retreated to the relative safety of an enclosed reenforced box.

"Watch your ears," I quipped, and grinned again.  My voice took on the whimsical, devilish tone it always took when I worked with explosives.  "Fire in the hole."

I tapped the button and the resulting explosion was rather anti-climactic.  There was no earth-shattering boom, and the lift barely vibrated, but I knew the charges had done their job.  When the lift doors opened again, the door to the vault was all but gone, and the vault itself open to us.  I surpressed a giddy feeling, we weren't clear yet.

"CorSec, find the package and anything else we can snatch easily.  I want to be leaving in two minutes."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 10:22:04 PM EST »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2011, 12:47:14 AM EST »

I glanced at Nalon as Weril made his way into the room.  He nodded to me and pulled out his scattergun, he'd keep watch over the prisoner as we cleaned the place out.  I nodded back and slipped into the vault.

Weril was looking at a piece of shrapnel, and even my limited knowledge of computers told me the terminal was a pile of scrap.  “Nice." he muttered, "Now we have to do this the hard way.”

He glanced at me and set me to the left.  "Don't get too greedy," I shot back and set to work.  The small of my back was quivering the way it always did when I got a whiff of treasure.  The first vault door steamed open and I was looking at shelves of antiques and artwork, several fortunes worth.  And every piece of it traceable.  I groaned, disappointed, and was surprised by the thump of a grenade.

I spun and crouched, only to see Weril looking very self satisfied.  My eyebrow shot up, confused, and he shrugged.  "What?  I don't like spice."

"That makes two of us.  Good move."

The next door hissed open and I was looking at a proper vault.  Stacks and crates of credit chips, gemstones, and gold coins lined the walls.  "Now that's what I'm talking about!"  I set to work stuffing my satchel with gold and gems, sweeping my arm across shelf after shelf and dumping the contents into bags.  When the first was loaded, I tossed it outside and filled a second, and then a third.  When all three were stuffed full, I lugged them back to the vault and had a shotgun shoved in my face by Nalon.

"Watch it!  If we have any trouble, it won't come from IN the Vault!  Watch the lift!"

"Right.  Sorry."

He looked a little nervous, and his status as an amateur was cemented in my mind.  This was probably his first major heist.  "It's all right.  Watch the door, we're on the last room."

I stepped back inside and met Weril at the final door.  The target wasn't in my two, or his apparently, which meant it was here.  We nodded at each other and the door hissed open.

At the center of the room was a single pedestal, surrounded by more computers.  Weril went to step into the room and I stopped him.

"Watch and learn," I muttered, and knelt down.  I pulled a bottle of green lumipaint from my satchel and sprayed a trip laser at about knee height into existance.  Twisting to avoid the laser, I shot the emitter and gestured.  "After you."

He stepped over the threshold and I held my breath.  Nothing.  Weril whistled in amazement.  "I guess this is where they keep the good stuff."

"Must be.  Get that thing open, I want to know what the trouble is about."  Weril was all ready opening the case, though, and after a handful of seconds it popped open.  He lifted the lid, and fell back in surprise.  I was content to just stare, open-mouthed, at a case full of something more valuable than everything I'd seen put together.

Corusca gems.  Not the dust, which was rare enough, but actual gems.  The smallest one was about at big as the largest gemstone I had pulled from the treasure vault, and they only got bigger.  Shock, awe, greed, and disbelief shot across my face in the span of a second.

"Well no wonder the Hutts want this little box.  Come on, let's get moving."

I stifled the urge to take one, or more than that, and sealed the case again.  Between the two of us we lugged the case out of the vault and over to the lift.

"Let's go."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:48:13 PM EST by Judas Creek »

Giant Lizard Puppy

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 12:26:42 AM EST »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 01:16:20 AM EST »

The walk back down was quiet, if heavy, but it was the weight of money so nobody complained.  The Mando went quietly, which made me suspicious, but he behaved himself.  When they got to the hole, there was absolutely nothing there.  Now Judas was getting paranoid.  There should have been SOMETHING!

Giant Lizard Puppy

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2012, 04:55:17 AM EST »

The mandalorian only grinned at Judaz

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2012, 01:28:23 PM EST »

The Mando threatened our lives, which didn't bother me.  He did it in Basic, which also didn't bother me.  And he said he was from Clan Falten, which did bother me.  Quite a bit.  One of my best friends was from Clan Bralor, one of Falten's rivals.  Weril shoved him over to me, and I forced him on his knees.  Weril tapped some keys on a datapad and swore before showing it to myself and Nalon.

"Oh wonderful."  Fortunately, I had four other escape routes planned for emergencies, and this was definitely an emergency.  "Head back to the lift in the warehouse," I told my companions and looked down at our prisoner.  "I'm going to collect my girls, I'll meet you there.  Leave this pile of scrap with me."

They nodded and took off back through the gap.  When they were gone, I turned back to the bound Mandalorian

"Jaxon Clan Bralor sends his regards."

His eyes went wide, then went empty.  I holstered my blaster and ran for where the flophouse's "wares" were kept.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2012, 06:10:03 AM EST »

Weril saw the look in Judaz

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 10:24:50 PM EST »

The hall echoed with the pounding of my feet as I took off flying for the main area.  Pulling up short, I saw the room begin to empty.  Trust these people to know when danger was coming.  Threading my way through the crowd of girls and johns as it streamed toward the safety of closed doors, I saw Lena and Chala.  A little crowd surfing and I was next to them.  They jumped when I touched their shoulders, but a quick touch to the lips silenced them.  I took them by the arms and began to guide them toward the door where I had entered when the main entrance steamed open.  The Mandalorians marched in and an army of thugs streamed in from behind them.  Chala's eyes went wide with fear, and I had to cover her mouth to keep her from crying out.  We ducked into one of the private rooms and watched the thugs spread out.

"This is bad.  This is very bad."  I sealed the door and pulled out my communicator.  "Sid-bane to Corsec.  I'm cut off.  Make your own way out, we'll rendezvous at the docks.  Repeat: I'm cut off.  Make your own way out, we'll rendezvous at the docks."

"Jareth, what's going on?" Lena asked.  Chala was whimpering in fear.

"It's all right girls.  I'm going to get you out of here."  I wasn't sure how, but I was going to get them out.  I peered outside again, and saw the thugs systematically going from door to door.  I touched one of the blasters at my side, hoping I wouldn't have to use them.

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 22 queries.