The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:14:58 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Corellian League Forums are Tapatalk enabled!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)  (Read 11032 times)

JPRodian

Re: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:19 AM EDT »

Nalon stood in place and simply looked around at the spacious warehouse while Berdon began informing him of his connection with the other smuggler, Judas Creek.   It seemed as if Weril Berdon once worked for CorSec for a time.  To put it simply, CorSec was the police force on Corellia.  Just how did Berdon end up as a smuggler?  He must have had some kind of falling out.

As expected, Weril and Judas first encountered each other on Corellia.  From the sound of things Creek ended up giving Berdon the slip whilst leaving a nasty mess in his wake.

"For years I danced around the Sids with no trouble, then this frinking guerfel comes in and almost catches me within a week.  Haven't been near Corellia for most of two years because of him, and I'm suffering for it.  Haven't had a taste of real Corellian Brandy since I left,

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 08:33:25 PM EDT »

<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 09:18:42 PM EDT »

I winced, sympathetic.  The cynical part of me still didn't trust him, and the word "set-up" started whispering in my ear, but a small bit of gossip floated up in my memory about a CorSec officer going off the rails a couple months ago.  I let him vent his anger, I'd done the same thing more than once.  He apologized for knocking stuff around and I waved it off.  After he finished his story, I was starting to get angry myself.  Sids might be Smuggler's Bane, but they were still Corellians.  Most of them wouldn't think twice about helping a smuggler in trouble, and the smugglers felt the same.

"If it's any help, I'll keep my ears open.  CorSec might be trouble, but they're our trouble.  And nobody kills a lawman in the Core without making waves.  But that's a subject for later.  Right now we've got a job to do."

I sighed under my breath.  Now that we were free of distractions, it was time to spring the news.

"And that job is the Exchange."

Both of them stared at me, then started talking at the same time.  I had to shout to be heard over them.  "Hold it, HOLD IT!  I recognize that bunker, it's an Exchange warehouse for high-end goods.  The kind of goods I specialize in, if you remember my file at CorSec, CorSec.  It's not the first time I've run cargo to or from that bunker, although it's the first time I'll be inside.  Unfortunately, the bad news doesn't stop there.  There's only one organization that will overtly go against the Exchange like this.  Blue Sun is a front for the Hutt Cartel."

This time I let them talk.  Yes, we were being played, and no I don't think the Hutts expect us to succeed.  They needed a fall guy while the cargo - whatever it is - disappeared.  The job, impossible as it was, was going to be the easy part.  The challenge was getting out alive.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:20:34 PM EDT by Judas Creek »

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:38 AM EDT »

Berdon explained to the two smugglers how he came to become one himself.  There was nothing worse than being accused of something one didn

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 01:29:06 AM EDT »

Apparently Weril
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 09:31:00 PM EDT »

“So when were you going to tell us the part that there’s probably a zero percent chance of us pulling this off?” the doc snapped at me.

"Oh, we'll pull it off.  The trouble is getting out again, and if there's a zero anywhere, it's the getaway."

“I wouldn’t say zero chance,” Weril chimed in.  “It looks like the sublevels share a wall with the next building here,” he pointed to a spot at the base of the structure.  I examined the point he'd indicated as he continued.  “A couple shaped charges and we would be right under the utilities room.  Get in there and we can do all kinds and demented things.”  His face cracked into a devilish grin, and I furrowed my brow.

"True, we can wreak all sorts of havoc, but that screams trap to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple sensors on the wall there."

I manipulated the holotable for a moment and image zoomed out again, then a flurry of red, green, blue and yellow dots appeared.  The wall Weril indicated had three yellow dots on it and two red dots on each end of the corridor, and I nodded in satisfaction.

"That's what I thought.  Vibration Sensors, with infrared alarms in the hall.  We blow the wall and we'll have an army on us in seconds, if we get that long.  The yellow dots are vibration sensors, red is infrared, green for motion and blue for holocams.  And I can almost guarantee there's an offsite security center we'll have to sever if we want to do anything.  I was serious when I said high end items, they don't mess around with this stuff."

Weril looked thoughtful for a moment and he looked at the schematics again.  “You know….  I’m kind of curious about what these guys would be willing to risk war over.”

I snorted.  "Anything in that warehouse is worth starting a war over, you can bet on that.  There's going to be all sorts of fallout from this job, I can tell you that right now.  In order to get away with it, we'll need to shut everything down, sever the warehouse from the security hub.  Completely.  If even one holocam catches us, we're dead."

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 06:36:23 AM EDT »

"Oh, we'll pull it off,

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 06:49:34 AM EDT »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 06:39:51 PM EDT »

I considered the doc's words for a moment, and Weril's reply.

"If we can't think of something else, though, we may have to.  When it comes down to bystanders or me, I pick me."

Weril ignored me, intent on the display, and pushed me aside to get at the controls.  I stepped aside, curious, then started to grin as I realized what he was getting at.

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 07:29:47 AM EDT »

In all truthfulness, Nalon wasn

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 02:01:44 AM EDT »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 04:11:06 PM EDT »

Weril gave me a cocky grin.  "You give me ten minutes in that network hub and I will own their system," he said.

"I'll hold you to that," I quipped, grinning myself.  We had the workings of a plan.

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 04:58:24 PM EDT »

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 09:21:46 PM EDT »

Duros Sector, 43 hours later
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:05:26 PM EDT by Weril Berdon »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 04:04:57 PM EDT »

The three of us were sequestered in a cargo holder I had "acquired" for the job, en route to the network hub and what could possibly be the end of all our lives, let alone our careers, and Weril was complaining about his disguise.  I suppressed a snigger, I guess his whining was my fault.  I had purposely made his collar too small.  Turning back to the matter at hand, I checked our progress to the hub.  Four minutes out.

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 22 queries.