The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:13:09 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)  (Read 11031 times)

JPRodian

Re: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 10:18:08 AM EDT »

All three smugglers had no choice but to go through with the Dug

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 05:27:17 AM EDT »

<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 05:05:06 PM EDT »

The Dug brought up the schematics of the building we were hitting, and I had to work hard to surpress a response.  An Exchange bunker.  I suddenly had a feeling about who Blue Sun REALLY belonged to.  It wasn't my business, though, and I turned my attention back to the briefing.

"There is a shipment being stored in this building until it's transportation to Balmora arrives in five days," the Dug was saying, and the holotable zoomed in, with various readouts.  I filed the knowledge away for the moment.  "What's in the shipment?" I asked.

"The shipment is payment for a large amount of Imperial combat droids.  You three are going to liberate it.  After which you will bring the cargo to me."

"Okay, but you didn't answ-"  Weril cut me off and I glared at him.  He was complaining about the security on the building.  It was a good reason to complain, don't get me wrong, and I was a little iffy about the security team, but the vault was easy to deal with, and the as for Treeker, well, I knew a guy.  He was right about the military facilities, though.  I'd robbed a few that didn't have half the security here.

I returned to the conversation when Hotaroa mentioned my name.  "He's right, I know a guy.  And don't worry about the vault, CorSec.  You just worry about the Treeker.  Now how big is this shipment, how heavy in it, and what's in it.  And don't dodge the question again, Dug.

"And before I go through with this, I need confirmation of one thing.  No blowback.  This crew, all of us," I looked at Weril when I said that, "get a guarantee of safety, as I have no intention of looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life."

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 11:42:03 AM EDT »

When Hotaroa was set to begin, he had the holo-image of their ships disappear.  It was then replaced with a three dimensional schematic of a building.  The building spun slowly in position.  As it did so, bits of data appeared when certain areas of the facility were highlighted.  This was where the mission would take them.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:25 AM EDT »

Running the list of tools that he would need to bypass the Treeker system through his head, Weril barely registered Judas
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 12:23:22 AM EDT »

I growled as the Dug walked out.  I was a little scared and a lot mad, and I HATED being played.  And that was EXACTLY what this felt like.  Hotaroa walked out and I turned to my companions.

"I'm going to say this right now, and get it out of the way.  I don't trust him.  I don't trust who he works for."  I turned to face Rin and the Mirialan smuggler.  "I don't know or trust either of you."  I then turned to look Weril right in the eye and jabbed a finger at him.  "And I ESPECIALLY don't trust YOU."

I walked over to the desk, brushing off the glares, and reactivated the holo of the bunker.  "There's a few ways we can do this.  First is hard contact.  We'll have to go in one of these areas," I said, pointing to two of the five entryways, "because the others are either dead ends or too heavily guarded.  Depending on the guard rotations, entry will either be the easiest or hardest part.  We shoot our way to the vault, blow it open, and the resident hacker keeps the Treeker from sealing us in.  The other option, harder to plan, harder to implement, easier to finish, is this.  The building is essentially a duracrete box, so if the Treeker can be hacked from the outside, or somebody sneaks in, we can seal off all the entrances, gas the building, and be in and out.  Preferences?"

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 07:28:00 AM EDT »

The Dug, and leader of Blue Sun, opted the route of secrecy once more when he described to the smugglers the cargo they were to intercept on their mission.  Apparently it was going to be a mid-sized case.  So, what, they were supposed to carry it around?  What about the contents of the case?  Couldn

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 09:41:17 PM EDT »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 10:09:39 PM EDT »

"And more importantly," I added, turning to face him, "what are you good for?"

I turned back to the display, considering my options.  I got away from the Exchange once.  I didn't know if I'd be as lucky the second time.  Not with freaking CorSec Berdon and a nobody along.  I paused, a thought occuring to me.  "And what exactly are you still doing here, Rin?  You aren't coming along, are you?"

I wanted to tell them we were hitting the Exchange.  I wanted DESPARATELY to tell them we were hitting the Exchange.  But I didn't know how Rin would react.  CorSec wouldn't care, he was a lawman at heart, or he was when he chased me.  The stranger, to have that powerful a tranquilizer, was either a doctor or a black market runner, either way it was an important detail.  Te woman was a wild card.  I scoffed at myself.  You're getting paranoid, Judas. I thought.  Then again, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an Anzati assassin about to eat your face.  Best to wait until Rin was gone.

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 07:58:40 AM EDT »

It wasn

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 03:08:04 AM EDT »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 02:29:49 PM EDT »

"Sure," I replied, "I got a bolt hole in the Red sector.  Safe from Gangsters and Bounty Hunters alike.  Shall we?"  I strapped on my mask and exited the Jekk-Jekk Tarr.

My bolt hole was most assuredly NOT in the Red sector.  We stepped outside and I hopped into a speeder nearby.  I punched the ignition code and looked at my partners in crime, standing on the walk yet.  "What?  It's mine."  Weril gave me a look like he didn't believe me and I glared at him.  "My copilot dropped it off, he didn't trust that schutta any more than I did.  Are you coming or what?"

They grumbled, then hopped in and I took off.  "No," I said, heading off the question, "we aren't headed for the Red sector.  It was for our listener's benefit.  We're headed for the far side of the docks."

We swooped in near one of the dock's flophouses and I brought the speeder down below the catwalk to a tunnel.  The speeder settled on a platform near a door and we hopped out.  I disabled the booby trap and gestured to my companions before entering behind them.  The lights flicked on with our entrance and we were looking at a warehouse stocked with everything necessary for the Smuggler's trade.  Along one wall was a rack of false ID's, another had an assortment of blasters and explosives.  There was a set of workbenches along the third wall, with disassembled blasters, armor pieces, and ship parts in various stages of completion.  Standing free were racks and shelves with speeder parts, forgeries, and all manner of other items stacked neatly.  In the center of the room was a state of the art holoprojector, and in one corner there was a pair of three-level bunks and the door to a 'fresher.

"Gentlemen, welcome to my home away from home.  Stow your gear, grab a bunk, and let's get to work.  Oh, and I'd avoid that wall if I was you, CorSec," I added, waving at my wall of identities, "You'd recognize far to many of them, and I don't want to get shot in my own residence."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:22:51 PM EDT by Judas Creek »

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 05:01:01 PM EDT »

With the introductions out of the way and the silent prying eyes taken care of, the next thing on the agenda was to formulate a plan.  They couldn
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:09:27 PM EDT by JPRodian »

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 07:03:52 PM EDT »

Walking through the door, Weril found himself standing in one of the most well prepared safe-houses he had ever seen.  Looking around he spotted at least seven illegally modified blasters, three sets of armor that were on the military contraband list, and enough forging equipment to make the paper pushers at One CP gag.  Were he still with CorSec he would be licking his lips like a Gundark in a herd of Nerfs.  Coming back to the reality of his current situation, the thought brought a twinge of pain to his heart and burst the balloon that was his bittersweet momentary lapse in memory.

"Gentlemen, welcome to my home away from home.  Stow your gear, grab a bunk, and let's get to work.  Oh, and I'd avoid that wall if I was you, CorSec,

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 03:24:39 PM EDT »

Weril filled the Mirialan in on our "history," if you could call it that, and I activated my hideout's security system to keep the nosey at bay.

"I have to admit though," he finished, "the Gizka were a nice touch."  I smirked at that.

"So how long'd it take you guys to clean up Treasure Ship Row anyway?"  He scowled at me and I grinned.  "For years I danced around the Sids with no trouble, then this frinking guerfel comes in and almost catches me within a week.  Haven't been near Corellia for most of two years because of him, and I'm suffering for it.  Haven't had a taste of real Corellian Brandy since I left.

"Speaking of leaving, care to tell me what happened with you?  I was sure you'd stick around Corellia."

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 22 queries.