The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:40:30 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is that old blaster not punching holes in armor like it should? Visit KrypTec Armory for an upgrade! Tell them, "Kell sent me", and all of your wildest dreams will come true.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)  (Read 11075 times)

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
Chance Encounters (Closed RP)
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:26:34 AM EDT »

<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
Re: Chance Encounters (Closed RP)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:36:13 AM EDT »

<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:45 PM EDT »

I reclined in my seat at my informal "office" booth in the Dirty Rancor cantina.  My copilot, Tyon, was at the bar chatting with another Twi'lek, but he had his eye on the door.  So did I.

A standard month before, we'd been contacted by a representative of the Blue Sun syndicate with a...lucrative...offer.  Ten percent of the take, and the take was supposed to be huge, for a few days work with one other outside partner.  The partner was going to meet me, and a contact would pick us up to take us to the briefing location.

The door opened, and a Mirialan entered the bar.  She looked around, then moved over to the bar.  The zabrak barkeep pointed at my table and the Mirialan made her way over to me.  Tyon caught my eye and moved behind her.  She gave no indication that she noticed, but something told me she was aware of it.  She took a seat across the table from me and mirrored my position: left hand on the table, right hand out of sight.

"Can I help you?" I asked pointedly.

"That depends," she retorted, "You Tannar?"

She had used the alias for this job, but trust didn't exist on this side of the law.  "That depends on who's looking for him."

"My name's Rin, I work for Blue Sun."  That caught me.  The plan was to meet up with my partner and THEN the Blue Sun would join us.  I eased my blaster out of it's holster, but she stopped me.  "There's been a change of plans, your coworker was delayed.  I'm to pick you up, retrieve your coworker from his ship, and take you both straight to the rendezvous.  And only you, your friend stays here."

I didn't trust her.  There was still time to back out.  Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.  "Tyon, look after the ship.  Let's go, missy," I said.  We stood and exited the Cantina.  Tyon stayed behind.

The ride was relatively quiet.  We flew to a landing pad where a ship had just touched down.  Her captain strode down the boarding ramp and Rin exited the speeder to talk to him.  I nodded at him when he glanced at me, and otherwise sat silent.  Time for talking when we get the details.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:22:03 PM EDT by Judas Creek »

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:15 PM EDT »

Nar Shaddaa.  From what Nalon Romosz had heard about the planet prior to his journey there, it was a planet rife with activity and full of danger.  It was a place most people tried to avoid going to unless they had business of course

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:51 PM EDT »

The fact that Rin never answered his question only made the empty feeling in Weril

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:55:26 PM EDT »

We lifted off from the landing pad and headed for the freight docks.  I felt a moment of apprehension.  I was fairly sure Blue Sun wasn't one of Vogga's businesses, but there was a chance the Hutt had something to do with it.  When we stopped short of the enclave, I was silently relieved, but that relief was replaced by disbelief when the speeder settled in front of a sealed door.

"The Jekk-Jekk Tarr?  Lady, I don't know about your kind, but Humans can't breath that gas crap.  How do you expect me to get in there?" I snapped.

Rin let out a cheery laugh.  "We can't breath it either.  That's what the masks are for," she said and handed a breath mask to myself and my silent partner.  Whether he was an amateur or just had nothing to say I didn't know yet.  I grunted, iritated, and stepped out, the silent Mirialan behind me.  Rin led the way and we strapped the masks to our faces.  I took a pair of breaths, then stepped through the airlock into the bar.

Rin got us through the crowd with ease and led us to the meeting room farthest from the entrance.  We walked in and were greeted by a Dug sitting behind an out-of-place desk.  He grunted a bit and the droid next to him translated.

"Gentlemen.  Now we are all assembled.  You may remove the masks, the air in this room is safe for oxygen breathers."  That may have been the droid's interpretation, but it's master was a lot more rude in what he actually said.  I decided to let the rudeness pass, as long as he thought he got away with it things would stay friendly.  I pulled my mask off and the Dug continued.  "My name is Hotaroa, and I run the Blue Sun.  The third member of your party has all ready arrived, let us begin."

Hotaroa pointed at another Human in the room, one I hadn't noticed due to his sitting near the door.  I turned to face him, and was looking at an old enemy.

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 12:56:09 PM EDT »

As the speeder headed towards their travel destination, Nalon learned a little more about the place they were going to.  It appeared as if this

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:19 PM EDT »

Weril couldn’t believe his eyes.  Judas karkin’ Creek.  Every member of the SID knew the name and the reputation that went with it.  Weril actually came close to catching him the last time he was in Coronet.  In fact, he had come closer than anyone in CorSec had before him.  They were still cleaning up Treasure Ship Row from that night.  Apparently Gizka can really make quite a mess.

Scenarios began playing through Weril’s mind at light speed, and none of them were good.  Was he here to collect some kind of bounty?  Was it a vengeance thing Judas had against him?  Weril couldn’t take a chance on any of it.  With the speed and fluidity that nearly 20 years of training and combat experience had granted him, he stood and drew both his blasters down on Judas and Hotaroa.

“What the frink is this?!” Weril asked, trying to keep his tone even and controlled.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 03:40:15 PM EDT »

"SONOFA!"

Weril Berdon, CorSec Smuggler Interdiction goon.  And the only man to even come CLOSE to catching me.  Was CorSec really so desparate to get me off the lanes?

I lept back and pulled both blasters with practiced ease.  In a microsecond I had one each on Weril and Rin, who produced a holdout blaster from...somewhere...I drove that thought from my head, it could wait.  Weril had his own blaster on me as soon as I had one on him.  "What the hell are you doing here, CorSec?"  I spat the name like a curse.  My eyes and guns didn't move, and I spoke over my shoulder.

"Are you trying to set me up, Dug?  I'll fry you soon as I send this weremo to the Nine Hells if you are."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:43:36 PM EDT by Judas Creek »

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:55:56 PM EDT »

A stand off... well... sort of... fantastic.

As the Dug leader of Blue Sun was about to explain the smuggling operation that the three smugglers had been summoned for, the man that was already in the room drew his blasters.  The man that Nalon walked in with drew his as well.  And they were pointing the weapons at each other?

It was obvious that the two men knew each other from some place but Romosz really didn

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 04:59:12 PM EDT »

Set him up?  Wasn

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 10:58:35 PM EDT »

I cocked my ear at the Dug, then stared.

"You left CorSec?" I asked, disbelief in my voice.

"Well of course he did," Rin put in, her tone aggrivated.  "That's what happens when you kill your coworkers.  They don't generally let you stay."

I let my gaze touch on Rin, then the Mirialan on my other side, then back to Weril.  "There's a story here, but it's for another time."

Slowly, carefully, both of us expecting the other to shoot, we lowered our weapons.  The Dug garbled at us and his droid translated.

"Good.  Now if you two aren't going to kill each other, perhaps we can talk business.  Or do I throw you to the patrons outside?"

Giant Lizard Puppy

JPRodian

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 02:56:54 AM EDT »

He was here, wasn
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:58:08 PM EDT by JPRodian »

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 07:31:59 PM EDT »

Weril bristled at Rin’s comments.  Resisting the urge to get in her face about the fact that he had not killed his men, Weril simply holstered his weapons and bit his tounge on the rest.  Getting into a fight with his new employers was not going to make his situation go away nor would it put creds in the bank. 

"Good.  Now if you two aren't going to kill each other, perhaps we can talk business.  Or do I throw you to the patrons outside?" asked Hotaroa, looking decidedly unhappy.

“Speak your piece,” said Weril, eyeing Judas suspiciously.

“Good.  As of now you are all committed to this job.  Because of the nature of the job, we will be holding your ships as collateral,” said the Dug, pressing a button on the desk and bringing the holodisplay at the center of the room to life.

The images that were displayed were of three ships.  One of which was the old tri-wing shuttle that Weril had gotten his hands on at Centerpoint station after fleeing Corellia.  Around each ship were a collection of beings of all shapes and sizes and all armed for a fight.

“Wonderful,” Weril sighed reluctantly.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 08:27:52 PM EDT »

Hotaroa brought up a holodisplay of my YT-1000.  It was an old ship, and I'd need a new one soon, but the fact that the impudent Dug had threatened my ride made me growl.  Lack of credits made me swallow my anger, though, and I looked at him patiently.  I also kept half an eye on Weril.  I still didn't trust him, but I wanted my ship back, and my payday.

"So talk, Dug.  I need everything you have.  Who, when, where, how big, and how much.  The last concerns my cut of the profits."

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 22 queries.