The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 27, 2017, 11:50:45 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jen & Berry's has come out with a Special Edition Ice Cream for this years "May the 4th" holiday.  Bantha Poodo! Click here to see more!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: League Back Story - Chapter One - Part 1  (Read 7451 times)

JPRodian

Re: League Back Story - Chapter One - Part 1
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 12:31:35 PM EDT »

Some events in the League Backstory as well as others Character Backstories take place after some of the in-game content. Think of our first 10 levels or so on our home planet as our "backstories" or "pre-backstories" in this case.

Wouldn't it be conceivable as well that some 'bending' of the storyline is allowed?  It is an MMO after all... Everyone from a certain class will be experiencing the same story more or less.  If everyone starts saying that they did something on the Esseles (one of the Republic Flashpoints) then it just gets a little weird in my opinion..  I know for myself I tend to keep some things between my gameplay seperate from my RP just on the 'does it make sense' factor.

rystian

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 01:00:37 PM EDT »

thx. just wanted to make sure i was on the same page as everyone else. this is the 1st time i'm doing RP along w/ mmo.

Kell Malo

• Jedi Knight
  • Administrator
  • Forum Champion
  • "There is no dark side... only The Force."
    • R-KIVE Studios
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 01:13:38 PM EDT »

thx. just wanted to make sure i was on the same page as everyone else. this is the 1st time i'm doing RP along w/ mmo.

Me too!

Although I have done RP with other types of games, this is my first time with something on this large of a scale. By the time I'm done I should have enough content to compile a novel. Maybe I'll give my buddy George a call and try selling it to him. :D

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
  • well behaved women seldom make history
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 03:38:59 PM EDT »

I thought JC were starting the game on Tython as padawans? Or are we treating this as special case b/c it's the league backstory?

Yes everyone's toon in game starts off in the same place and does the same quests and the NPCs may treat us as padawans...but you can be sure that as soon as people get off of that starting home world there are going to be folks RPing that they are Masters, knights, etc.  Your level should not effect the type of RP you wish to portray.
Evil talks a lot

rystian

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:39 AM EDT »

Wouldn't it be conceivable as well that some 'bending' of the storyline is allowed?  It is an MMO after all... Everyone from a certain class will be experiencing the same story more or less.  If everyone starts saying that they did something on the Esseles (one of the Republic Flashpoints) then it just gets a little weird in my opinion..  I know for myself I tend to keep some things between my gameplay seperate from my RP just on the 'does it make sense' factor.

JP - do you use different characters from RP and in-game; or more of a doppelg

JPRodian

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:25 AM EDT »

JP - do you use different characters from RP and in-game; or more of a doppelg

Tormaxx

• Chairman
  • Administrator
  • Forum Champion
  • Jedi Consular
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 02:46:27 AM EDT »

That's pretty much my approach to RP in MMOs as well.  Knowing that other people are going to have similar experiences to what my character has, I try to play it from the point of view that I am just a part of a larger community and not the center of the galaxy.  For me, the best RP comes from unique situations created by the players as they participate in the various aspects of the game.  So, in the case of a Flashpoint, one group might have gone about it in a different way then other groups have, and they could write their adventure up as being and experience unique to their play through.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:48:40 AM EDT by otakuon »

opcomm_glassmaker

Loyheta

• Forum Champion
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Swtor.com profile - add me :)
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 03:01:39 AM EDT »

Cool stuff. I enjoyed FINALLY reading it. Look forward to reading the rest of them.

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 07:50:23 AM EDT »

I personally have my first two toons planned out to be the same person.  Quyn is a smuggler but I have written into her background that she is force sensitive and have worked out with another Jedi character to take her under his wing eventually for training against the council's wishes so to speak because she's 'too old'.  I plan to make the alt character with a name similar to the first, possibly differentiated by one or two letters, but willing suspension of disbelief and for RP purposes I will still be playing the same person and my Jedi alt will just be a continuation of her story.

This alt toon will be placed in the sister guild for all of our alt toons, if we create one, to indicate that she is still part of the league, but is still an alt toon.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:52:15 AM EDT by Quyn Vigil »
Evil talks a lot

JPRodian

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 08:13:57 AM EDT »

This alt toon will be placed in the sister guild for all of our alt toons, if we create one, to indicate that she is still part of the league, but is still an alt toon.

I would hate to see this happen.  I've had alot of fun with the stuff we've been doing and I think Quyn is an awesome smuggler... it's a shame that's she's going to become a Jedi.

-- Edited.. I think I read what Quyn wrote incorrectly. --
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:42:30 AM EDT by JPRodian »

Loyheta

• Forum Champion
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Swtor.com profile - add me :)
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 08:19:03 AM EDT »

If this is the case, wouldn't you need to give up being head of the Smugglers division? I would hate to see this happen.  I've had alot of fun with the stuff we've been doing and I think Quyn is an awesome smuggler... and it's a shame that's she's going to become a Jedi.

I am pretty sure that all of the officers will have alts. And they will probably focus on them to a lesser extent. I am also sure it's safe to bet that this will happen later in Quyn's story. Also I bet she will focus on this when things have calmed down.

Oh and I like that Idea Quyn I was thinking of something along that line but I decided to give a different character to my alts instead of having it the same person. I am sure it will work out fantastically though.

JPRodian

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:20 AM EDT »

-- Edited because I can't read properly.  I blame those junk dealer Toydarians. --
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:42:03 AM EDT by JPRodian »

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 08:47:08 AM EDT »

yeah I'm not giving up anything.  Even though in the RP story she will receive force training, from an RP standpoint she's still a pilot and a smuggler.  She will not forget her former life just because she starts training to become a Jedi.  That just means she will be one hell of a pilot in her jedi starfighter once she eventually get it.

From an OCC game point of view, the smuggler will be my main, for questing, max level, raiding and progression.  It just means when I do decide to give my alt some love, i won't have to switch toons if Quyn is needed for something of an RP type nature...which has happened before in the past and during the log out log in process I got stuck in the queue to get back into the server, and by the time I was back in the RP scene was over and everyone had already dispursed....leaving me angry and twitchy.
Evil talks a lot

JPRodian

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 08:55:00 AM EDT »

yeah I'm not giving up anything.  Even though in the RP story she will receive force training, from an RP standpoint she's still a pilot and a smuggler.  She will not forget her former life just because she starts training to become a Jedi.  That just means she will be one hell of a pilot in her jedi starfighter once she eventually get it.

Well whatever works for you of course.  It might just get a little confusing when you're RPing one or the other.  People may not understand it and think one of the characters is like an evil twin or something.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 22 queries.