The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:39:51 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It's 21:00 hours. Do you know where your children are? Now you can with Cor-Spy's new MicroTrack system!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sands of Time [OPEN RP]  (Read 2405 times)

Pendor

The Sands of Time [OPEN RP]
« on: September 18, 2015, 06:44:10 PM EDT »

Pendor glanced up from the reports displayed in front of him, stretching his arms. He had been sitting at his desk in his study in the Jedi Temple on Tython trying to catch up on the latest developments in the war against the Empire for the past 2 hours. Standing up, he headed to his meditation hoverchair, hoping a little bit of meditation would help him sort out all the information he had just taken in.

"This is not the work I had in mind when I accepted a spot on the Council. I thought it would give me the ability to make changes for the better in the order and the galaxy. This was supposed to be a platform for change. Instead, I sit here filling out paperwork, deciphering ancient texts, reviewing holocrons, and reading the latest war reports. I used to be a diplomat, a peacemaker. Now I have become a glorified paper pusher, while I read about the sacrifice of other Jedi out in the field, working tirelessly to defend the Republic," Pendor thought to himself as he sat reflecting on the day's events.

As he returned to digesting the reports he had read, a soft chiming from his computer console grabbed his attention. Walking to the console, he saw it was an incoming priority call from one Algrunar. Pendor hit the button to accept the call. A holographic image of a weathered looking human appeared on screen.

"Master Pendor, forgive the intrusion. My name is Algrunar. I am Jedi Knight stationed on Tatooine." Algrunar said as he glanced around realizing Pendor was in his private study.

"No worries, Algrunar. You did not interrupt anything important. How can I help you?" Pendor replied.

"A squadron of troopers who report to me told me that they have noticed Imperial activity around the site where the Star Map piece Revan found on Tatooine was located. I sent them back to scout the Imperials' activities. They never came back. I went out looking for them and found two soldiers dead near the location they had reported Imperial activity. Five others were missing along with any Imperials who might have been there. However, I did notice a large number of footprints in the sand around the area," Algrunar replied.

Pendor sighed to himself. Clearly another Jedi looking for guidance on an issue that was better tasked elsewhere. He said, "That is an interesting story and a sad loss of life, but I'm unsure why you are bringing this to my attention. Surely someone at SIS or Republic Command would be a better contact for you given the nature of the events. If it is the history of the site that worries you, perhaps the Jedi Archives or the Republic Archaeological Service."

Algrunar looked thoughtful for a moment before replying, "That might be true under normal circumstances, Master Pendor, but these are hardly normal circumstances. The Star Map piece shows signs of tampering, and I suspect Sith involvement. I am requesting your aid in this matter. I could use the extra help and your experience with Rakata tech and ancient artifacts would be a great help."

Pendor pondered this statement for a moment. He had been wanting to get out of the Temple for a while. It couldn't hurt to lend a hand, and it certainly beat sitting around reading reports.

"I will meet you on Tatooine then. I will signal you from Anchorhead one I arrive. Do you need any more assistance beside mine?" Pendor asked Algrunar.

"We could use some more troops, and you may want to bring a smuggler or two. Tatooine is a hive of underworld dealings and shady characters. Smugglers may help you get information you alone couldn't. If there are Sith involved, a few Jedi may not hurt," Algrunar noted.

"Very well, I'll see who I can find to join me. May the Force be with you," Pendor said as he signed off.

Thinking this could be just what he needed, Pendor sent a quick message to Master Shan informing her of his absence and another message to the landing bay droids to prep his ship for departure. Then he reached out to the keyboard in front of his view screen and began writing out letters. It was time to reach out to some old friends...

Airgain

Re: The Sands of Time [OPEN RP]
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:22 PM EDT »

Techk lead his squad through a gully and then back out. The glacier's face was mere centimeters from his guns. The scanners on his Starguard picked up nothing. He continued the patrol turning to port.

"Squad report," he called out.

The comm rang in with all clear. Techk shook his head. It had been a week since the last offensive. The Imps had moved artillery in with the last offensive and his squad sent it back in pieces. Bringing in a hornets nest. It had been the third time he had gone down. On this frozen rock.

The com lit up "Razor squad, this is base there's nothing out there come home for refueling and rest."

"Roger base. Alright Razor let's go." He responded.

He made a hard turn for base. It was a matter of minutes for the squad to get to the hanger. Techk locked the fighter down and climbed out. He pulled off his helmet as the other five members of the squad came to his fighter. The faces of a Zabraak, 2 humans, a twi'lek, and a Kel Dor surrounded him. Techk shook out his short mane. He looked them over.

"Alright, Silver, Kent you're still to loose in formation tighten it up," he started addressing the Zabraak and male human respectfully, "Heav and Aad good flying as always," the twi'lek and male human nodded, "Jul, don't know what I'd do without you on my six." Techk saw three men out of the corner of his eye, "Alright dismissed." They all saluted him and turned to leave, "Jul, you'll be in charge for a while. I don't think I'll be here tomorrow."

She didn't even question it, "Yes sir. I'll fill out the report on today's patrol."

He saluted the Kel Dor and she turned and left.

"They respect you," came a familiar voice.

"We've been through a lot together. They’re the best squad I've had. What do you want Airgain?" Techk responded.

"A friend has sent me a message. I figured you would be the best man for the job due to the fact that Errikk, Marrvin, and I are are otherwise preoccupied. I've got everything squared away. Get your gear and when you arrive at Anchorhead send a message on this frequency. He'll know that you are there in my stead."

Techk's fur stood on end. Something was making him nervous.

"Alright I'll be there," he said.

"Master we should get going," came Marrvin's soft voice.

"Transport leaves in 30," said Errikk and turned and left. Marrvin followed.

"Good luck, and may the force be with you," said Airgain and followed his cousin and former apprentice.
----------

Techk left the transport and made his way through the spaceport. His heavy blaster rifle was slung across his back. He pulled the helmet over his head and walked out into the Tatoine suns. His light brown armor glistened in the bright light as he mad his way across Anchorhead. He had sent the transmission just as he landed and didn't get a response. Techk made his way to the Republic command and checked in. He sat and waited.

"Who knows how long this'll take."

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare

Pendor

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:58:29 PM EDT »

"Hey cuz, I'm touched you called. But aren't you Jedi supposed to give up your emotional attachments or something? You ought to be setting a better example for all those little Jedi padawans," Lexson said chuckling as he stared at his cousin Pendor on the screen.

"Oh grow up, Lexson. This isn't a social call, and you know it," Pendor said, a look of stern disapproval quickly growing.

"Come on, cuz. Take a joke why don't ya? What can I do for ya?" Lexson asked still laughing to himself.

"I'm getting a team together to handle a situation on Tatooine. Imperials have been spotted around the old Star Map piece on Tatooine. As much as I hate to admit it, I need someone with your... skills... for this mission. It's likely we'll need to make contact at some of the locals and get around the cantinas. I doubt a Jedi or some Republic troopers are going to get nearly as far as you can in that regards. I could use your help. If you're agreeable, meet me at the cantina in Anchorhead. And before you ask, yes, you'll get paid," Pendor said.

Lexson turned towards his Wookie copilot, Gaaraddik, smiling before turning back to Pendor and saying, "You're in luck. I just so happen to be in orbit around Tatooine right now finishing a supply run. I'll be done in an hour, then you got yourself a charmer with connections in all the right place. I'll see you at the cantina."

Pendor replied, "Good. I'll expect you. May the Force be with you." Pendor turned off his comm link.

----------------------------------------

Lexson looked at Gaaraddik, "Man, Gaar, this is great. Probably some overexcited Pub scout saw a few Imps find a krayt skull and thought it was something sinister. Should be an easy pay day. Prep the ship for landing. We're going to Anchorhead." Gaaraddik growled an affirmative as they set about landing Lexson's ship at the Anchorhead spaceport.

An hour later, Lexson walked down the gangplank of his ship and started off towards the Anchorhead cantina...

----------------------------------------

Pendor turned back to his personal computer and called up a new message. He started typing to a mysterious contact. The contact had sent him Airgain's code but he couldn't sense Airgain on the planet. He was intrigued at who his friend might have sent in his stead.

"Meet at the Anchorhead cantina in one hour. May the Force be with you. Pendor, Jedi Master, Jedi Council"

Pendor pressed send and got up from the desk in his temporary quarters. He made a quick call ahead to the cantina to reserve a room and walked out into the oppressive heat to make his way to the cantina...

Airgain

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 02:14:39 PM EDT »

Techk's helmet beeped and he bolted up right reaching for his rifle, looking around him as he went...and stopped. Being on Hoth for that long had made him more than a little jumpy. The beeping continued. He brought his hand down hit a button on his wrist. The HUD appeared and a small message signal was in the corner of his HUD. He pulled the small datapad from it's pouch at his side and the display came to life. He open the message and read it.

"Hmmm, Jedi Council." he mumbled to himself.

He closed the message and quickly wrote one up to his wife and put the datapad back. He stood up and stretched. He was out long enough for the desk Sargents to switch shifts. He reached down grabbed his pack and changed it out with his rifle. He checked the charge.

"Still full," he said to himself.

He checked his gear on his belt and armor. After double checking he headed back out into the Tatoinee suns. He heard a ship fly by. Based on the direction it was headed for the spaceport. He rounded the corner to the cantina and headed for it. He walked by the bouncer and headed in. He shouldered his rifle and went to the bar and pulled off his helmet and hooked it to his belt. He waved the bartender over and ordered an Adumari Beer. He turned around and looked for a man in a cloak. The bartender brought him his beer. He took a drink and looked around. His datapad beeped. He opened it and read the message.

"Alright this guy can be trusted, but what would a Jedi Council member being doing on a dust ball like this," he mumbled to himself.

He put his datapad back and took a long drink and looked around again.

Pendor

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 07:04:11 PM EDT »

"Well well, long time no see, cuz," Lexson said, strolling into the private room Pendor had booked at the cantina. "Nice little room you picked out here. So is this the grand army of two?"

"We're waiting on at least one more person. A friend of mine sent someone in his place. I'm not sure who. The one signal I got used my friend's identifying mark, but my friend is not on Tatooine; I would sense him," Pendor replied.

"I think just passed him when I came in. Pub trooper with his helmet off sipping on a drink look around the entire bar the whole time. Not too subtle if you ask me," Lexson said.

"Subtlety is the reason you're here, Lex. I doubt a Jedi master is going to be all that welcomed in the cantinas. At any rate I suppose I should alert our new friend to our presence," Pendor remarked.

Pendor picked up his datapad and tapped in a quick message to their unknown friend, "Meet us in private room 3." After pressing send, he sat back to wait to see what kind of soldier this man would be...

Airgain

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 12:09:00 PM EDT »

Techk put the empty bottle down. Something wasn't right to him. He made sure his presence was known and nothing. He knew Airgain wouldn't send him on a wild bantha chase. He scanned the bar again. A few locals having fun, some of duty troopers, and a few shady looking guys who were trying to avoid his eye, or any attention at that.

"They aren't the mission," he whispered to himself and scanned the bar more.

His datapad beeped again. He grabbed it and checked. He read the message to himself and put his datapad back. He turned and made his way to the private lounges. He found the room without a problem. He entered and found two people, the Jedi he was looking for and another shady character.

He gave a quick salute, “Captain Techk, commander of Fighter Squadron Razor, Republic Navy. I’m here in the place Master Jedi General Airgain. You must be Master Pendor. He spoke very highly of you.

Pendor

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 11:31:41 PM EDT »

"Welcome to the party, Pubby! You ought to be a little more careful around here. I marked you as a soldier from about a mile away," Lexson said laughing a bit.

"Lexson, be nice," Pendor said disapprovingly. "I'm sorry about my esteemed colleague's manners, here," he said turning to Techk. "I'm glad to hear Airgain's still doing well. He and I have shared quite a few adventures. At any rate, a friend of Airgain's is a friend of mine. Welcome aboard, Captain Techk. My colleague here is Lexson. He's my cousin and also a shipper... of occasionally perhaps not so legal goods. He's also a privateer for the Republic. He's here to help us navigate the undercurrents of Tatooine - the places a Jedi and a Republic trooper can't readily go."

"We may be picking up some more members as we go here, but for the time being, we three will form our primary party. What I am about to discuss with you is classified, which means no selling the info," Pendor said with a stern look at Lexson.

"What are you staring at me for?" Lexson said innocently. "Oh come on, I sell one lousy battle plan to a pirate, and you think I'm a traitor. How was I supposed to know he was an Imperial agent? A guy's gotta make a living. You gotta get over small things like this, Pen, but if it makes you feel better, your secret's safe with me. Smuggler's honor."

Pendor sighed, shaking his head. After a few seconds, he continued, "At any rate, two days ago a Jedi Knight named Algrunar, who was stationed on Tatooine, contacted me at the Jedi Temple on Tython to report a strange occurrence. He spotted Imperials poking around the piece of the Star Map located here on Tatooine. He sent out a contingent of Republic troopers. Two were found dead. The rest were missing. There were also signs of tampering with the Star Map and Algrunar suspected Sith involvement. On the way here, I received an update from Algrunar. One of the missing troopers was found dead Force choked to death and with signs of torture from Force lightning. This alone would be enough to suggest caution and that a Sith is involved, but recent events have only cemented that idea for me. When I arrived, I attempt to look up Algrunar only to find that he too is now missing. His rooms had been ransacked, the computers destroyed, and his comm was laying on the floor with it turned on but no channel selected. Lexson, you have some experience with tracking, and we'll need someone to look into this disappearance who can talk to the locals without raising suspicion. Will you look into this for us?"

"You got it, cuz. I'll have him tracked down in a day. I could do this blindfolded," Lexson replied as he rose out of his chair.

"Always so cocky, Lex. Go now. May the Force be with you in this investigation," Pendor said as Lexson left the room.

"That leaves you and me, Techk. We need to take a look at the site of the Star Map piece to see what the Imperials may have been doing. Go to the Republic garrison. Give them this datapad. It contains orders for a detachment of five troopers and two scouts to be placed under your command. I think it will be better to have some protection for us in the area. Bring them with you to the site of the Star Map piece and have them form a secure perimeter. Have the scouts move further out to keep a watch out for any incoming hostiles. Once you have done that, meet me at the cave entrance. I shall await you there," Pendor said turning to Techk and handing him a datapad.

Standing up and moving towards the exit, Pendor turned and said, "I shall take my leave now. I'll see you at the site. May the Force be with you."

With that Pendor walked out of the room and then out of the cantina. Turning into the bright Tatooine suns, he climbed into the hovercraft he had parked nearby and drove off into the sands...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:36:33 PM EDT by Pendor »

Airgain

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 01:01:40 PM EST »

Techk ignored the man’s cockiness.

When it comes down to it, you might need him, Techk thought

He listened to the Jedi Master and accepted the datapad. He saluted him as he left. Techk looked down at the datapad and went through it. Seven guys, none of them had worked with him before and none of them would respect him, at least right away. He turned left the room and walked out of the cantina. He made his way back to the garrison. The desk sergeant looked up at him and gave him a quick salute.

Sir, can I help you?

Commission for a contingent of troops,” he said handing over the datapad.

The sergeant sighed and read over the datapad, “Well, I got a squad ready but their Lieutenant isn’t going to like this sir.

They don’t have to like it Sergeant. They just have to follow orders.

The Sergeant looked at him and look at the terminal, “Alright I’ll send the dossier to your datapad. The speeder will be ready for you shortly.

Techk got his datapad and looked over the dossier. These guys hadn’t really seen combat. The Lieutenant had been in a few scrapes but nothing big. The rest were farmers and street punks.

Send them to the briefing room.” Techk said and walked down the hall and ducked into the briefing room and waited.

It took a bit but the squad showed up. Just as he expected the Lieutenant was not happy. He walked right up to Techk and opened his mouth.

Lieutenant, Consider this a standing order. SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND SPEAK ONLY WHEN I TELL YOU TO!” the human shut his mouth and started to shake with rage, “Now let me make this abundantly clear. I know you guys don’t like this. I’m not thrilled about it either, but it doesn’t matter. You have your orders. I have mine. My orders are classified, yours are to protect an asset. We are fighting for the same side here. We are all soldiers of the Republic. This is probably the most exciting thing you will do all year so enjoy it. Now Lieutenant, you may speak.

The Lieutenant opened and closed his mouth a few times.

Nothing to say? Good. Now gather round,” Techk activated the conference table. He brought up the Dune Sea and zoomed in on the cave, “This is what the situation is. There is something in this cave that you are not allowed to know about unless the asset lets you. We are to set up a perimeter around the cave. Nothing comes in without us knowing. Scouts,” Techk zoomed out and set up two markers, “You will position yourselves here and keep an eye open. No pot shots at Sand People unless they engage first and if you see any Imps don’t engage unless told to. Is that clear?” the entire room started to nod their heads, “Good, we move in 10 people get your gear and get loaded up in the transport. Dismissed!” They all saluted him and left.

Techk made his way to the transport and gave it a once over. Slowly the squad showed up and loaded up. Techk got into the pilot’s seat and started it up.

Strap yourselves in, Lieutenant you can speak freely now,” and Techk made for the Dune Sea.

I took a little bit before they arrived. The entire ride not a word was said. Techk circled the area a couple of times and watched the scanner. Nothing showed up. He set down and gave the order. The Scouts were down the ramp before it hit the ground and started off for their positions. Techk left the transport and started for the cave mouth with a private in tow.

The Lieutenant came over the comm, “Captain, scouts are in position and perimeter is almost set.

Good keep me posted. Out. Private stay here,” and Techk went into the cave and started looking around.

Pendor

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 02:33:05 PM EST »

Pendor's speeder was blazing across the dunes, the light of Tatooine's twin suns glaring off the sand blasted metal, when his comm began to beep. He pressed the respond button, only to see Lexson's face looking more serious than normal.

Lexson began to speak at once: "Pen, you were right to be worried. I found your Jedi - or what was left of him at any rate. I found his body in a storage bin outside the Anchorhead cantina. Looks like something got to his body first. What was left wasn't pretty. It was hard to tell exactly what killed him, but it looked like it might have been a lightsaber."

Pendor replied, "That is most alarming. This investigation is growing darker by the day. What do you intend to do now?"

Lexson thought about it for a minute and then said, "I'm going to keep looking into this. It's unlikely that no one saw the murder or who dumped the body. A few credits here, a few drinks there and I may be able to get you a name."

"Sounds like as good a plan as any. I'll await your report. Pendor out." Pendor closed the comm channel and realized that he was almost to the cave. Slowing down, he punched in the frequency for the comms troops he had had Techk requisition.

Addressing them all, he said, "Greetings, soldiers of the Republic. My name is Pendor Bartos; I am a Jedi Master and member of the Jedi High Council. I am the one who requested your services. I know you don't know me or Techk, and because of that I know you don't trust him or I. I've served beside enough soldiers to know trust is earned not a given. And the first place to start building that trust is here. Given the possibility that some of you might be captured, I cannot reveal all of the information about this mission, but I want to give you a rough outline so that you can understand what we are doing and why it is important.

I'll begin with the Star Maps. I don't know how familiar any of you are with the legend of Revan, so I'll give you a brief rundown. Revan was a Jedi Master who fell to the dark side during the Mandalorian Wars. Afterwards, he led an army built by a Rakatan space station called the Star Forge in an invasion of the Republic. Revan was saved from destruction by a team of Jedi and converted back to the light side. He then used fragments of a galactic map built by the Rakatans, called Star Maps, to refind the Star Forge and destroy it along with his old apprentice, Darth Malak.

One Star Map piece was located on Tatooine, in the cave you are now creating a perimeter around. A few days ago, a detachment of Republic troopers noticed Imperial activity in this area. When they were sent back to scout out the activity, they disappeared. Two were found dead of lightning burns and lightsaber wounds and the others were missing. The Jedi who tipped me off to these activities has also gone missing and was found dead minutes ago from lightsaber wounds.

We're not sure what we are going to find here, we're not sure who is behind these attacks, and we're not sure what their motives might be. We do know that there is something here that has drawn the Imperials' attention, and that alone would be enough for concern. The deaths of your comrades and mine  make this investigation all the more pressing. We are working together as a team now, and I will try to protect you from harm with all my strength. May the Force watch over all of you during this mission."

With that, Pendor closed the comm channel and walked towards the cave to see what Techk had found...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:22:45 PM EST by Pendor »

Pendor

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:52:13 PM EST »

A light started flashing on the side of the panel. A chair swiveled around in the semi-darkness. A shadowy figure hit the button to see what had happened. An image appeared on the screen of a soldier and a Jedi walking into the cave where the Star Map was located. The same cave he had put sensors in just a day before.

"Well, well. Looks like your little friends have decided to come investigate your disappearance, Captain," the figure said as he turned towards the one light source in the room. There, under one bright light was a table. Strapped to the table with built in metal cuffs was a Republic captain - the leader of the missing soldiers. The captain began to make muffled noises behind the gag around his mouth.

"Now, now, your mumbling is interrupting my thought process. How very unkind. You need to learn some manners," the shadowy figure said coldly as he raised his arms. Slowly the muffled noises turned to screams as the figure began shooting lightning at the body. "Oh dear, that seems to be even noisier. What to do? What to do?" the figure said as he began to choke the captain instead. Within a minute the captain was limp. Knocked out from a lack of air.

"That's better. Now, where was I," the figure continued in his monologue to the now unconscious captain, "Ah yes. The visitors. It's unfortunate that they are walking right into my trap. I hate to admit it but the Republic seems to know more about the Rakata than the Sith. I wish to unlock the hidden powers of the Star Maps but lack the knowledge. I've found that it's much easier to get the Jedi to help me when they are strapped to a metal bench, starved, and tortured by the Force. I imagine you would agree if you weren't being subjected to the same treatment."

Turning back to the screen, the shadowy figure peered more closely at the screen. Suddenly he stood back and whispered, "How ironic. My counterpart in the Jedi Council. Who would have guessed we would rise to the same position on different sides. Well, dear brother, it appears it is time for us to meet. This time there will be no hugs. No fondness. This time, you die."

Picking up twin lightsabers resting next to the screen, the shadowy figure walked towards the exit. As he passed the captain, he turned on the sabers and executred the captain with a small flourish. "It appears you have outlived your usefullness," the man said as his face was illuminated by the light. Turning towards the exit again, Darth Exercitum made his way out to his speeder and headed for the cave. The only thing on his mind - death...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 22 queries.