The Corellian League Member Forums

• July 22, 2017, 02:42:54 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jen & Berry's has come out with a Special Edition Ice Cream for this years "May the 4th" holiday.  Bantha Poodo! Click here to see more!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Progressive Ops Review  (Read 22818 times)

Nethrisa Ancalme

• I'm not just a pretty face...
    • My Facebook
Re: Progressive Ops Review
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2014, 10:59:18 PM EDT »

My opinion is: if we decide to defer away from the Ops we are currently doing, we should completely defer away and move to the Dread Ops. My reasoning is: even though NiM TFB and SnV are more difficult and have different mechanics, they are still the same Ops. I would recommend to break up the monotony.

The counter arguments being: NiM TFB and SnV are supposedly easier than HM DF and DP, and they drop gear that is between 168 and 180 (174 I do believe).

I think that, with a few tweaks (i.e upping Thycus' and Cymstar's DPS) and enough practice, either team should be able to, at the least, put HM Grob'Thok on farm. Maybe even the same for Calphayus in DP.

I would put it up to the members of the Teams, but I would want to at least find a suitable Tanking sub for the Saturday team before it moves to something harder. Zi'ec didn't do that bad; he needs to work on defending the back line and controlling the "lesser" adds, but he should theoretically be enough. I would want to break him in a few more times before any attempt at HM DF DP or NiM TFB SnV.
opcomm_sunflare  camp_lses
wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_taris_1

Fighting me is like the flip of a coin, Heads: I live and you die, Tails: you die and I live.

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:26 PM EDT »

I suppose I should revive this thread...

Saturday, July 26, 2014

SnV went without very many problems that I noticed.

We then went and tried our hand at DP.

We two shot Bestia; that one's mostly due to not knowing when to Tank swap.

We also took four swings at Tyrans and got him down to 11%. We got him lower after each attempt, but we still didn't get him down. Problems here include, but are not limited to:
  • Everybody not being used to the fight
  • People standing in the wrong place at the wrong time....frequently
  • People not paying attention to where they're standing...especially when they have Inferno/Simplification
  • We are getting too spread out, and people are getting confused and dropping Simplifications everywhere, and we even rendered a few platforms unusable
My tip for our next attempt is: all non-melee personnel stack on the next square to be dropped; only to move if you get Inferno, then promptly move back.

Fighting me is like the flip of a coin, Heads: I live and you die, Tails: you die and I live.

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2014, 04:02:19 PM EDT »

So...Yeah...HM DP...We had...Fun. We did make some great progress, which is awesome.

Bestia: Everyone needs to keep an eye on where they are standing. Still need to work on that tank swap timing, but that last run we actually had everyone alive at the end, with only Judas dying and that was due to him not watching where he was standing.

Tyrans: We seem to mostly have problems with Simplification and Inferno placement. If the melee learn how to get the inferno away from the rest of the melee, and the ranged learn how to drop it on the corners of the platform they are on, we should see no problem with inferno. The melee have a great pattern down, and it is working well for them; however, the ranged need to stack together and move as a group, and the healers just need to learn where it is acceptable to drop simplification. The final run was as perfect as we're gonna get anytime soon.

Calphayus: Took us a while to work out where to have everyone stand in the intermediate phases without everyone getting inevitability. First phase past went almost perfectly, but we need more burst in the first future group. In both first AND second phases, I need ONE person calling things out; it gets very confusing if I'm getting multiple sets of instructions being called out (I don't really care whether it's cardinal directions or my back/front/left/right scheme, but I only need one person calling things out). Second phase future went fairly smoothly, we just need to get those call out in an orderly manner. Second phase past went very well as long as the right crystal was called out and was being killed. Third phase was a bit hectic until we got the datacron placement correct.

Raptus: ...We died...Repeatedly...Anyway, mechanics...He hits A LOT harder. DPS have to interrupt a skill in the DPS challenge. DPS have to kite the boss during challenges. Not that many differences, but...did I mention he hits harder? The DPS need to hold up before going into their challenge, this is to give the tanks some time to get out of theirs. If the challenges end and the boss is still on a DPS, that DPS is going to die. As soon as the challenges end he does his instant-cast frontal cone skill called Driving Thrust...I know what it is called because it kills me quite frequently; it deals (insert my total health here) damage to me in one shot.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:05:15 PM EDT by Nethrisa Ancalme »

CymStar

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:21 PM EDT »

My apologies to the Saturday night Ops team.  At 11 PM EDT (otherwise known as planning for Raptus), power was knocked out along my entire road.  Didn't see that one coming, as no weather activity or peak usage time.  Out for 3 hours.  Again, apologies - it was that RL thing...hate when that happens. :(
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 05:54:31 PM EDT »

My apologies to the Saturday night Ops team.  At 11 PM EDT (otherwise known as planning for Raptus), power was knocked out along my entire road.  Didn't see that one coming, as no weather activity or peak usage time.  Out for 3 hours.  Again, apologies - it was that RL thing...hate when that happens. :(

You are fine, a perfectly legitimate reason to disconnect...and it was Calphayus, not Raptus.

Now to our regularly scheduled Ops review:

We seven manned/solo tanked/solo healed SM The Eyeless with almost no problems. We also brought down one of the world bosses

We then went to work on HM DP, and, in less time than last week, we got further than last week; we beat Raptus.

In Bestia, the only two deaths we had were both due to stupidity/blindness. Both Gerglid and myself stood in circles and died.

Tyrans went about as expected, we are still having some trouble with simplification/inferno placements, but aside from that it goes smoothly.

Calphayus went very smoothly. Granted: we had Weril, BUT he was in the group that did have the DPS/Burst requirements, so his presence didn't offset the group in any way other than possibly helping with rage timer. Trent and I have the necessary burst required to take down those defilers and the crystals. This was the bit that I was worried about during that fight.

Raptus: it went as smoothly as it is going to go for us. Meaning that we are not likely going to get past him without the DPS failing their challenges. WITH Weril in the group, we barely got those adds down in time, and even then, we didn't get them EVERY time. Both the tanks and healers did wonderful, and every other aspect of the fight went as smoothly as it could, but that DPS challenge is what we are going to have the trouble with.

By the time we downed Raptus, it was 11:55 PM EDT, so I had to call it there. The biggest reason for that is: just the explanation for the next fight can take up to a half hour.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 03:56:23 AM EDT »

Tue. ops team progressed pretty far this week.

Nefra went down in one shot with nary a hiccup.  Tessal filled in for Airgain as off-tank til he got online.

Draxus was a one shot, surprisingly.  Very sloppy finish, as Turukano was the only one left alive at the end, but he pulled it out.  Need to work on our positioning and remembering what our assigned targets are.  Will come with practice.  Very happy that we got past him though.

Grobthok was slightly more difficult that story mode, so he dropped in one go.  Seemed to me that ugnaughts spawned faster and caused a bit of a problem for Airgain.  Also the pipe smash knocked us up into the air and interrupted a lot of casts.  Heard Jeva letting a few choice words loose when that smash came down.  Team did real well on keeping track of the magnet as well.

Ran into problems with Corrupter Zero.  Spent about an hour and a half, maybe more, on him.  Starting to get the mechanics of the fight down.  Gonna take more work to smooth out the kinks.  Biggest problem was the concussion mine that he throws out.  Have to keep an eye on our debuffs.  Our best run got him to below 10% so I know we can drop him.  A couple more go's at him and we'll get it.

Good job all.
<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Pendor

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 02:02:05 PM EDT »

In town for the afternoon (so yay wifi access). Just wanted to pop in and say good work all. Sounds like you are really getting some good progress on the ops in my absence. Just a reminder, I'll be gone again this coming week, but I think I'll back week after that (I might be moving back to college; will keep you all apprised).

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 03:27:39 PM EDT »

Ran into problems with Corrupter Zero.  Spent about an hour and a half, maybe more, on him.  Starting to get the mechanics of the fight down.  Gonna take more work to smooth out the kinks.  Biggest problem was the concussion mine that he throws out.  Have to keep an eye on our debuffs.  Our best run got him to below 10% so I know we can drop him.  A couple more go's at him and we'll get it.

Gotta watch those debuff bars. Are you guys taking down the adds with no problems? Remember: Elite add, then Healing adds, then the rest. And keep that Elite add interrupted.

Weril, since you'll probably see me in TS before Jeva does, if you have any questions, or need a refresher on the Brontes strategies, those should probably be best answered live.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 09:25:37 PM EDT »

What we ended up doing on the adds was having one dps on the elite, keeping it interrupted, and having the rest kill the heals then swap back to the elite then everyone killed the rest.
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2014, 02:07:22 AM EDT »

What we ended up doing on the adds was having one dps on the elite, keeping it interrupted, and having the rest kill the heals then swap back to the elite then everyone killed the rest.

As long as said DPS can KEEP it interrupted, that works just as well.

Jaylor

• Maybe it's because I'm Irish...
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 12:05:45 AM EDT »

WE DID IT!!! CORRUPTOR ZERO IS DOWN!!!!!!! :) :-) :D :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D :D :D :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 10:59:48 AM EDT »

Gotta say, I was starting to get a little frustrated with this but after working through it and changing up a few things it finally clicked.  Good work all. Gerglid sorry you missed the clear man. Next time.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2014, 06:20:47 AM EDT »

Now to beat our heads against a dread wall for a month.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2014, 10:51:43 AM EDT »

just in case anyone cared, this thread had been read more times at 4 pages than the "happy birthday" thread at 28 pages....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 21 queries.