The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 27, 2017, 11:51:30 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit The Corellian League Gift Store to purchase your Official T-Shirt! Support the leauge, support The Republic!  While supplies last!
SHOP NOW!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Progressive Ops Review  (Read 22593 times)

Pendor

Re: Progressive Ops Review
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2014, 03:17:25 PM EDT »

For Shadow tanks, KBN (KeyboardNinja) has a pretty excellent optimized rotation guide. It should be supplemented with dulfy as a primer as KBN basically just gives the optimized portion for getting your defense proc (e.g. ST->FP->GCD->GCD->GCD->FP) not the other abilities to use. As for gearing I agree partially with both Nethrisa and Jaylor.

Underworld with set bonuses > Oriconian

However, Jamion and I have had some discussions about this and it is a mistake to assume that Dread Forged in all the other slots is better for your build than Oriconian. For Jamion, DF is better than Oriconian, but for Pendor (and other shadow tanks) that's not necessarily true. Take implants for instance.

Pendor needs Shield Rating and Defense to be optimized as his absorb rating is already slightly above optimal. Also endurance>main stat for shadow tanks.
Oriconian:
+252 Endurance
+173 Willpower
+94 Shield Rating
+94 Defense Rating

DF:
+237 Endurance
+177 Willpower
+94 Shield Rating
+110 Absorb Rating

Nethrisa Ancalme

• I'm not just a pretty face...
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2014, 11:39:03 PM EDT »

KBN (KeyboardNinja)

For future reference: you can just call him Tam; it's his username in-game. He's essentially the second in command for Aisthesis...and the boyfriend of A'jantis, the guild leader.

He has many guides of his own, or access to other guides that other Aisthesis members have made. He's a good place to find guides of all types.

Essentially.......anyone remember how Tessal/Daha used to be the number cruncher for us?.....Yeah, Tam is about 5 times better at it than Tessal/Daha. In fact, the numbers that Daha has been giving us recently, he's learned from Tam.

However, Jamion and I have had some discussions about this and it is a mistake to assume that Dread Forged in all the other slots is better for your build than Oriconian. For Jamion, DF is better than Oriconian, but for Pendor (and other shadow tanks) that's not necessarily true. Take implants for instance.

As for this: stat distribution is completely up to the individual, and Shadow tanks may be an exception the rule, but I stand by what I said: for the most part, most people need DF items over Oriconian.

Also, is that DF implant the only available Shadow Tanking implant? If so, then I stand by the statement that Shadow Tanks may be an exception to the rule.

You might be able to get more defense and/or shield with enhancements. I don't know much about tanking enhancements, but more likely than not, the better ones are going to be DF.

Note to all people:
34 Enhancements are the primary thing that are hard to get by means of Comms. These are the main thing to focus on once you have your relics, implants, earpiece, mainhand, and offhand. Many, but not all, of the optimized mods are available in certain Oriconian pieces.
opcomm_sunflare  camp_lses
wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_taris_1

Fighting me is like the flip of a coin, Heads: I live and you die, Tails: you die and I live.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:12 PM EDT »

Quick breakdown on the Tue. op on 5/27/2014:

One shotted every boss up to Styrak.

The city fight was very sloppy but we managed it.

Two shotted Styrak.

First go was light on the dps and we hit hard enrage right after dog came down second time.

Second go we redoubled our efforts and dropped him after Jeva got thrown across the room like a ragdoll and died.

After S&V we two shotted Golden Fury of Toborro's Courtyard.

Had an issue with the dps on adds getting them down fast enough to help on the boss.  Readjusted dps assignments and dropped him.
<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 02:35:35 AM EDT »

Breakdown of the Sat. op on 5/31/2014:

One shotted The Withering Horror.  Bit sloppy on the adds and the dot.

One shotted Ciphas, Heirad, and Kel’sara.  Went pretty well.

Two shotted Operator IX.  Ran into some issues with the color deletion mechanic but pushed through it.

One shotted Kephess.  Near perfect clear on this boss.

Four shotted TFB.  Had trouble keeping the dps up while managing the anomalies from the tenticles.  Adjusted by having dps on tenticle duty will burn one down then wait for dps on anomaly duty to down them before burning the second tenticle.

Cleared op with 15 min. to spare.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:43:16 PM EDT by Weril Berdon »
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 02:45:45 AM EDT »

Breakdown of Tue. op on 6/3/2014:

One shotted all boss fights and cleared the bonus mobs.

Downed Golden Fury after clearing the op.

Aside from the Thrasher fight resetting mid-fight and some issues on the bonus mobs, pretty close to a perfect run.

Jaylor

• Maybe it's because I'm Irish...
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 11:54:23 AM EDT »

Breakdown of the Sat. op on 5/1/2014 :

Cleared op with 15 min. to spare.

I dont think it was the first :P ... 5/31/2014? Just making sure :)  also  good job to both teams im proud of all of you :)

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Jevarrik Ta'Karn

• TCL Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Seeker of Truth - Keeper of Secrets
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 04:45:10 PM EDT »

I'll make sure to start posting these for the Tuesday ops on the Wednesday after when we get to TFB tomorrow.  My commentary is way more colorful than Weril's...  :P

Specialization: Seer/Healer
PvE Operations Gear
opcomm_glassmaker event_infected opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_narshaddaa wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2014, 06:00:02 PM EDT »

I'll make sure to start posting these for the Tuesday ops on the Wednesday after when we get to TFB tomorrow.  My commentary is way more colorful than Weril's...  :P

So that's how it's gonna be eh?

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 05:58:18 PM EDT »

Breakdown of the Sat. op on 6/7/2014:

Two shotted the Horror.  Ran into dps issues when Judas DC'ed.

One shotted the Dread Guard.

Three  shotted Op 9.  First round we spent too much time looking for the spheres.  Second and third round we ran into some issues with the color deletion mechanic.  Need to be faster on getting to the center when name and color comes up.

One shotted Kephess.

Three shotted TFB.  Fight bugged on first round.  All need to work on situational awareness in regards to the spawns in-between the tentacle phases. (Including me.)

Team will now transition to S&V op.  Read up on the boss fights in the guide linked in the original post.

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 01:14:13 AM EDT »

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Ran into some issues on Thrasher and Operations Chief, but other than than we made it all the way through the Op.

Thrasher:
Not entirely sure what went down, but it ended up that Trent and I were the only people alive when the boss died, then the snipers enraged and killed us on the wall. This caused a bit of a bug where we could not be revived inside the instance, and we could not enter until everyone else left the instance.

In the city before the Operations Chief, we had a bit of a problem with group assignments; this only caused one wipe as we fixed it, and then proceeded to one-shot the boss himself.

After we finished with the Op, we went and took down Gargath, Snowblind, Stomp Claw, Stomp Claw, and Primal Destroyer...in that order..........(Yes, Stomp Claw being there twice is on purpose).

For those of you who read this post, but not the Operations Sign Up post: There will not be an official Operation on Saturday, June 28, 2014. This is due to the fact that many of the members, myself included, will not be able to make it that night. This does not mean that there will be nothing happening that night. If there are enough people online there may be an Op of some sort.

Fighting me is like the flip of a coin, Heads: I live and you die, Tails: you die and I live.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:21 PM EDT »

I think this is as good a place as any to put this.  When writing critical essays like this I state my criticism, explain my reasons, then suggest solutions.  I will do all three here and will be open to counter arguments if anybody has them.  This is purely analytical, no offense is intended to anybody.

I don't think we're ready to move on.  Yes, both teams have downed both ops, BUT!

1) We are all over geared.
2) We all know the fights.  And
3) We're still hitting the enrage timers.

I can't speak for the regular Saturday team, but Tuesdays this is what I observe.  Tanks and healers do their jobs well.  We don't die much, and DPS seldom pull aggro.  Our biggest weakness is damage output and positioning.

Damage Output: First and foremost, its like we're running with three DPS instead of four.  This is a known issue, but Thycus still doesn't have his rotation down.  Last Tuesday Jamion out DPS-ed him in at least one fight.  With as over geared as we are, that's not an issue in S&V and TfB.  It will be an issue in the Dread Ops.  Even discounting that, my numbers at least still aren't where they should be for my gear level.

Positioning/Mechanics: More of a minor issue, but what comes to mind is Thrasher and the Terror.  We still sometimes miss getting to where we should be.  Even when we do get there, we aggro the larvae, get hit by tentacles, and take unnecessary damage that should really be avoided.  I'm just as guilty of this.

Now, for solutions.

1) To improve damage, keep running parses.  Make sure ParSec is up, upload your dummy parses, keep beating on those dummies.

2) Talk to others.  See what they have to say.  Compare notes.  Read guides.

3) Practice practice practice.  The surest way to improve is to just keep going.  Our mistakes aren't killing us, but we can't keep making them.  Best way to cut down on mistakes is to keep going.  Best measure I think would be if we can down Styrak without adrenals we're ready.  Until then, we keep going.

Rebuttal and/or counterpoints are welcome.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Pendor

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:28 PM EDT »

The only enrage timer I recall having an issue with (beyond that weird time with the snipers and Thrasher two weeks ago) was Styrak. Agreed we need to work on getting our DPS up, but unless it's all going to be tight enrage timers, then I think we'd be OK. Mechanics is probably 50-60% of the fight. And yes, we are overgeared.

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2014, 01:41:15 PM EDT »

Best measure I think would be if we can down Styrak without adrenals we're ready.  Until then, we keep going.

To note: this is the ONLY portion of your post that I have a problem with; I agree with the rest.

This should not be the only deciding factor neither for mechanics nor DPS checks. Truthfully, I don't really care if we can clear Styrak without adrenals; however, what I DO want to see is consistent downing of EVERY boss with MINIMAL-to-NO problems. This means learning EVERY mechanic in EVERY fight and executing them ALL perfectly.

I can't speak for the regular Saturday team, but Tuesdays this is what I observe.  Tanks and healers do their jobs well.  We don't die much, and DPS seldom pull aggro.  Our biggest weakness is damage output and positioning.

I, however, can speak for the Saturday team. Our biggest problem is usually positioning and occasionally other mechanics. Most of our DPS can easily pull their own in a fight, and those who can't are working on it.

Things that are our biggest problems:
Thrasher: Firebugs
Op IX: Orbs, Failing more than Purple, Circles, Color Deletion...........telling North from South
TFB: Larva, Irregularities, Positioning during second phase

The only enrage timer I recall having an issue with (beyond that weird time with the snipers and Thrasher two weeks ago) was Styrak. Agreed we need to work on getting our DPS up, but unless it's all going to be tight enrage timers, then I think we'd be OK. Mechanics is probably 50-60% of the fight. And yes, we are overgeared.

This is because the Saturday team has higher DPS than the Tuesday team. The enrage that you ran into on Styrak was the last week that I was not there, and was likely one of the first pulls of the fight for the group.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:43:13 PM EDT by Nethrisa Ancalme »

CymStar

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2014, 06:37:30 AM EDT »

Nethrisa,

Gerglid has said that he will be able to cover for Ghanik on July 12.  I also got word that Judas will be able to cover for me on the 12th.  You should be set.  Thanks to Gerglid and Judas for providing cover.

Cymstar
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 06:23:50 PM EDT »

We'll... I think I can honestly say that we've got S&V and TFB on farm at this point.  Now the question is are we up to transitioning to the dread ops.  Tuesday team managed to down Nefra after a few pulls and we think we figured out what went wrong there but Nefra is probably the easiest fight of both ops.

Our biggest obsticle has been just getting the same team members to show consistently every week.  I know real life rears her head in all kinds of ways but if we can't keep our teams consistent we will be plowing our faces into the proverbial wall for a long time to come.  Now, that being said, should we jump to dread ops, try our hand at nightmare mode on S&V and TFB, or stay the course and stick to the ops we've already got a handle on?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 19 queries.