The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 27, 2017, 11:51:19 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"It's weird. Every time I try going for a swim in the ocean this weird force keeps me from going in..." - Random Corellian Citizen - What is this weird phenomenon? Find out on tonight's "Strangeness".

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Progressive Ops Review  (Read 22592 times)

Pendor

Re: Progressive Ops Review
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 06:36:45 PM EDT »

That's exactly what i was doing. I think the problem is that somehow it's picking me up into the little anomaly thingy on the right side of the platform even though I'm not jumping off near it.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 08:36:27 PM EDT »

Good news folks.  Tuesday crew downed Styrak!  Then, for good measure, they downed Golden Fury HM!  Nice job guys.  Let's keep up the pace and get these things on farm.
<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Jaylor

• Maybe it's because I'm Irish...
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 11:34:08 PM EDT »

sigh of course i wasnt there for either of them...  at  any rate great job every one on a job well done now we need to get everyone in all 180s with coms like weril and jamion and myself... with underworld set bonuses... and then maybe we can do hm df or dp

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:23 AM EDT »

I believe the plan is to give the current ops assignments another week or two and then switch which team does what op.  I'm pretty sure either team can down nefra as they stand now if they can get the mechanics but i'm not sure when we'll get to DF or DP.
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

CymStar

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 11:48:58 AM EDT »

Congrats to both teams...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Nethrisa Ancalme

• I'm not just a pretty face...
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 02:33:45 PM EDT »

I believe the plan is to give the current ops assignments another week or two and then switch which team does what op.  I'm pretty sure either team can down nefra as they stand now if they can get the mechanics but i'm not sure when we'll get to DF or DP.

IF we narrow it down to a mechanics thing, I'm sure we can down all the way through Corruptor Zero and Tyrans.
-Nefra (in HM) is primarily a tank-and-spank with explosive droids and a DOT.
-Draxis is almost ALL mechanics. (too many for me to list in this post)
-Grob'Thok just needs to be moved to the magnet immediately during pipe smash, and the adds need to be dragged through lava. Other than that it's a tank-and-spank.
-Corruptor Zero (CZ) differences: adds need to get dead, big adds need to be interrupted, mine needs to be cleansed by standing IN CZ.
-Brontes...don't get me started.
-Bestia: only difference I see is the tentacles that spawn, a DPS needs to get into melee range of it and kill it. The previously mentioned DPS and another DPS are on larva duty, and the other two are on beast duty. During the phase where the adds come back, (at least) one DPS (preferably one of the beast-duty DPS) needs to stay on the boss.
-Tyrans: we would have to be in the room for me to explain simplification patterns; the floor is different. Inferno stays with the person on whom it is cast for a few second before it drops.
-Calphayus: all I know for him is the fact that whoever goes past first has to go future and vice-versa, as well as the fact that the crystals in phase-two past don't have the circle beneath them.

That is as far as I have been, and this is just the summary of what I have witnessed, the actual mechanics are going to be different than what I put here.

The point of me putting this here is because Jaylor is (partially) correct. He is correct about the fact that once we get the right gear we can take down HM DF and DP. I believe that many of us are already geared for it, we just need to take the time to learn the mechanics.

Even with all of this being said, we are still a ways away from doing HM DF and DP. Both teams JUST finished their respective HM Ops. We still have to continue working at the ones that we downed, and then switch to the other Op and work at that one. It took the Tuesday group 6 weeks of working at SnV, and the Saturday group 4 weeks (5 technically, but we couldn't do HM the first week) to clear HM TFB. So it will be AT LEAST that same amount of time before we get to DF and DP.

I estimate that it should take us until approximately mid-to-late July before we get to HM DF and DP.
opcomm_sunflare  camp_lses
wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_taris_1

Fighting me is like the flip of a coin, Heads: I live and you die, Tails: you die and I live.

Jaylor

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 06:48:07 PM EDT »

Thank you nethrisa.... but i also mentioned the gear... people need the gear, such as thycus and cymstar, zeblin dragoth once he gets that high, kinderek as well... ghanik... trent... all need 180s

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Jaylor

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 10:08:06 PM EDT »

In relation to this, these are the things that give ultimate coms...
-Classic operations weekly
-Every 55 operation weekly
-Hard mode 55 flashpoint weekly
-every boss in the hard mode ops
-Taboros court yard
- and i feel like i missed something :(
Any how once i get back i will try to be on every sunday and monday to try to pug those ops within TCL like our tuesday team used to be... and i think that we should all, especially those i named in my previous post, post which pieces we still need 172 set bonuses as well as 180s... Just to see where we stand after 4-6 weeks...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:20:14 PM EDT by Jaylor »

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 11:46:50 PM EDT »

Thank you nethrisa.... but i also mentioned the gear... people need the gear, such as thycus and cymstar, zeblin dragoth once he gets that high, kinderek as well... ghanik... trent... all need 180s
In relation to this, these are the things that give ultimate coms...
-Classic operations weekly
-Every 55 operation weekly
-Hard mode 55 flashpoint weekly
-every boss in the hard mode ops
-Taboros court yard
- and i feel like i missed something :(
Any how once i get back i will try to be on every sunday and monday to try to pug those ops within TCL like our tuesday team used to be... and i think that we should all, especially those i named in my previous post, post which pieces we still need 172 set bonuses as well as 180s... Just to see where we stand after 4-6 weeks...

The equipment that they buy for Comms are just filler, and are almost completely useless. Their primary concern should be Getting the useful Underworld pieces, and THEN start buying Dread Forged pieces. While Oriconian pieces are useful, optimized Underworld is better than un-optimized Oriconian.

Fighting me is like the flip of a coin, Heads: I live and you die, Tails: you die and I live.

Jaylor

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 09:25:23 AM EDT »

The equipment that they buy for Comms are just filler, and are almost completely useless. Their primary concern should be Getting the useful Underworld pieces, and THEN start buying Dread Forged pieces. While Oriconian pieces are useful, optimized Underworld is better than un-optimized Oriconian.

At any rate Jaylor needs healing gear if I want to take Zeblin's place next month, and I'm thinking the easiest way to do this is to run these things for the coms to get the gear that would otherwise take incredibly long periods of time to get... Also the gear is not totally useless, I am in basically two thirds Oriconian... There are also certain pieces that are useful, just keep buying that armor piece and swapping it out for the underworld piece that is basically the same but with lower stats.
As of this moment I need, Underworld Boots, and that's it for Underworld... As well as 180 Ear Piece, Both Implants, Mainhand, and Boots, I can get these with coms, except for the set bonuses, with the stats I need, this is what I have been doing if I am wrong to do this, then s**t................ But otherwise this does work...

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 02:25:42 PM EDT »

At any rate Jaylor needs healing gear if I want to take Zeblin's place next month, and I'm thinking the easiest way to do this is to run these things for the coms to get the gear that would otherwise take incredibly long periods of time to get... Also the gear is not totally useless, I am in basically two thirds Oriconian... There are also certain pieces that are useful, just keep buying that armor piece and swapping it out for the underworld piece that is basically the same but with lower stats.
As of this moment I need, Underworld Boots, and that's it for Underworld... As well as 180 Ear Piece, Both Implants, Mainhand, and Boots, I can get these with coms, except for the set bonuses, with the stats I need, this is what I have been doing if I am wrong to do this, then s**t................ But otherwise this does work...

If you want high Endurance, low Power, high Crit, low Surge, low Accuracy, low Mainstat, etc. (I could go on), then go ahead and get Oriconian. I'm not saying that it doesn't work as a filler (in fact, the opposite is exactly what I'm saying), but it should only be used as that: a filler. It's a great way to get your offhand's armoring/hilt/barrel, as well as your belt, bracer, and non-set-bonus armorings...that's it. All of the mods, enhancements, implants, and earpieces should be replaced ASAP.

An example of use as a filler:
Weril and I need a lot of Initiative enhancements and the easiest way to get it is with an offhand token. Until we get those enhancements, we will have to settle for the Proficient enhancements which are high endurance and low power.

As I said prior, focus on getting underworld pieces...ALL of them. Only use Oriconian mods/enhancements IF they are better than the OPTIMIZED Underworld versions of the pieces you need.

If you continue to insist that Oriconian is high priority then you can go ahead and use it, but don't start telling people that it should be THEIR highest priority.

This discussion/partial argument is over.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 07:01:43 PM EDT »

We should probably sit down with askmrrobot.com and build up an optimized gear list for everyone's class.  Dulfy has a decent breakdown of what stats we should be looking for on each class so I don't see it taking too long to compile.  We've already got the gunslinger one done.  If anyone is interested in what we came up with just search Weril Experimental on askmrrobot.

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 10:12:09 PM EDT »

We should probably sit down with askmrrobot.com and build up an optimized gear list for everyone's class.  Dulfy has a decent breakdown of what stats we should be looking for on each class so I don't see it taking too long to compile.  We've already got the gunslinger one done.  If anyone is interested in what we came up with just search Weril Experimental on askmrrobot.

Agreed.

But gear is not the only issue, every single person, myself included, need to work on their rotations. There is no such thing as a perfect rotation.

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 12:04:52 AM EDT »

But gear is not the only issue, every single person, myself included, need to work on their rotations. There is no such thing as a perfect rotation.

What are your opinions on the rotation guides that dulfy.net has up?  Good place to start or should we be looking for guides from aistesis (sp?) and the like?

Nethrisa Ancalme

• My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 12:42:02 AM EDT »

What are your opinions on the rotation guides that dulfy.net has up?  Good place to start or should we be looking for guides from aistesis (sp?) and the like?

It's definitely a good start, but when the people get comfortable with the Dulfy rotations, I would recommend taking lessons from experienced players of their spec.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 19 queries.