The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:42:54 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to download your Beta version of "Call of Corellia", today!  Use code THX1138 to redeem your copy!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Fifth Column (Closed RP)  (Read 32001 times)

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
The Fifth Column (Closed RP)
« on: March 01, 2014, 02:44:44 PM EST »

Discussion Thread Here

Darth Olrac sat in his office, reviewing the latest intelligence reports.  A few bits of bad news, but some good too.  One of his traps bore fruit, and the leadership of the Corellian People’s Army was gone, the group splintering.

The door chimed and hissed open to admit a small human in fitted raider’s armor, heavily scarred and tattooed.  He strode over to the desk and stood looking at Olrac.  Olrac, for his part, pointedly ignored him and continued his work.  The small lord’s irritation and anger grew as he stood there.

Olrac finished what he was doing and finally looked up.  “Lord Vaskis.  I should have you executed for your meddling.  Going behind my back to try to pit the Ankouns against the Empty Night destroyed several plans I had in motion, resulted in the death of a highly placed infiltrator and four other collaborators, and has placed both groups on edge.  Now thanks to your fifth column it’s going to be almost impossible to place another agent in Judas’ inner circle, and those that are left in both groups are now in danger of being killed or worse.”

“And your refusal to back my agents resulted in failure.  The Ankouns are blatantly anti-Imperial, and Judas Creek is a high ranking member of the Corellian League –”

“Part of their council, actually.  He’s their spymaster, and he commands their scant military forces.”

Lord Vaskis looked at Olrac.  “Then you should not have stopped me.  The Empty night must be destroyed if they are part of the League.  My strategies work, and I could have wiped both families out.”

“And there you are mistaken.  The Empty Night is a crime syndicate, only Judas is part of the League.  The Night is useful, I don’t want them gone.”

“Maybe you’re afraid to wipe them out,” Vaskis sneered, “It seems you’re becoming weak, Darth Ol –”

Vaskis abruptly stopped talking, suddenly unable to breath.  Olrac’s gaze hardened.  “You forget your place, LORD Vaskis.  Now my people are in danger, and it is because of you.  To keep them safe, you are going to fix your mess.  I want the last of your brainwashed Fifth Column rooted out.  Don’t make it easy, but turn them over.  Am I understood?”

Vaskis snarled, but held his tongue.  “It will be done.”

Olrac nodded.  “Good.  Now get out.”
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:57:54 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
Re: The Fifth Column (Closed RP)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:00:40 AM EST »

After Resolving his business on Alderaan, and after Entity Forces aided the Crystal House of Alderaan in their restoration, Ceid returned with his Jedi to the Apex in the Ankoun Tower on Corellia. Triumphant in securing a strategically Important ally in Alderaanian politics, and extremely lucrative trade deals that would bring billions to the Entity over the next twenty five to thirty years. Back to normal business so it seemed. Sunder had decided to stay behind on Alderaan, to assist in anyway he could was the excuse, but Ceid new that the spook was simply falling in like with a Crystal woman. Ceid smiled at the thought as he sat in his seat in the Elders Chambers. "Master Ankoun, any thoughts?" The Ahgeed asked.

"... Err, Yes Sir." Ceid quickly mentally reviewed what was said as best as he could before his thoughts distracted him. "We are recovering quickly from the Empty War, Faster than Empty Night. But Judas' group is still a secret, we are not, and many of our hidden strengths are now known to intelligence agencies across the galaxy. Our might was ensured by our secrecy and discretion. We have now lost that. We can try to keep the Corellian Government off our backs, we can pull it off due to our pull in the Corellian Council. But the Republic and SIS are different matters. We are labeled as a militant group and treated with suspicion. It's safe to say, that we were hurt pretty badly. I for one, want to get even with who set us up for the fall." Ceid only received approving nods from the Elders. "As you know, Judas and I have been in contact recently, and we both agree on the mentioned point. But this brought a terrible thought to mind... We discovered three more sleepers, and we are confidant that our ranks are now clean of them. But for us to be so skillfully infiltrated by so many unaware Ankouns, could only occur if someone on the inside could was aiding the process. But what Ankoun would betray his family purposefully?" Ceid asked as a hint.

The Director of The Intel Arm answered. "Someone who was exiled for immoral behavior."

The General of the Military Arm continued. "Someone who has betrayed us before."

"The only Ankoun in the last six hundred years to betray his family." The new head of R&D concluded.

The Ahgeed sat straighter in his chair as he spoke. "Are you telling me Mulgam is behind this? How? He has been gone for sixty years." The Ahgeed asked, a little puzzled.

"I don't know Sir, but the last communique from Sunder on Alderaan confirms that Mulgam Ankoun has been sighted on Alderaan after that Orlac character suddenly appeared. If he is back, he must have somehow manipulated some Entity personnel... This is still just speculation of course. But this can't be a coincidence."

"I agree." The Ahgeed confirmed, and considered the matter for a few moments. "... My son, contact Creek, and inform him of this Intel, and try to reach an arrangement. I hate to say it, but, we need to work with Empty Night to find our Puppet Masters, and chock them with their own strings."

The metaphor was disturbing enough, but it was accurate in describing the past and the future. "Yes Ahgeed." Ceid confirmed.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:55:21 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:42:16 AM EDT »

As Assad walked through a dark ally way and into an abandoned warehouse in the Nikto Sector on Nar Shaddaa, he pulled one of his blasters from under his coat, and looked carefully behind each obstruction checking if he had any surprises waiting for him.

When he found nothing, he slightly lowered his blaster, but kept it close. "So you called me to play Hide and Seek? Come out." Assad said with a whisper.

Suddenly, he felt a barrel of a blaster sticking him sharply in the back. "Drop your blasters Ankoun..." A deep, scratchy voiced old man, standing in the dark suddenly appeared and demanded.

"Look." Assad started as he waved his blaster around. "I don't know what this is about, but this is no simple robbery. You know my name, and you asked to meet me here." Assad started to turn around slowly. "What's this abou..." Assad fell to his knees as his would be kidnapper suddenly struck him in the abdomen before Assad could take a proper look at his face. Then, he stepped back into the dark while keeping Assad in his sights. "Those Bastards in the Tower will finally pay soon enough." The attacker threatened menacingly, his threat did not fall as weak or simple talk, it felt real. The Tower? Assad thought. Does he mean the Entity Elder?

"Look!" Assad let out a slight pained chuckle caused by the sudden adrenaline rush. "If you think you accomplished something here, you are wrong. Empty Night is outside. I scanned all vessels when I came to this moon, two of them were familiar to me, and on my way here, I scened someone following me. If your with them, The Entity will get me back, if not, you will have to fight them off first." Assad concluded with a smile. Now while what he said was true about the ships, everything else was an exaggeration... a bluff.

"What?" The attacker said as he pulled out a sophisticated device and started scanning. After a few seconds, the man spoke. "Damn, you got lucky this time..." This was to Assad's surprise. "Catch you later!" He said in an ere chuckle. Then disappeared into the darkness.

Assad got to his feet slowing, and a few seconds later, the door was blown off and a small team of Empty Night enforcers rushed in.

"Oh look!... The cavalry." Assad joked. But he was still trying to make sense of what just happened.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:50:28 PM EDT »

Arms crossed and frowning, Judas looked at the twi'lek woman strapped to the stasis table.  In front of him a Cathar and Sith Pureblood stood on either side of the table.  Their eyes were closed in intense concentration.

"How many more times to I have to say it, Judas?" the woman whimpered, pleading with him.  "Please.  Let me go."

"Kouna, you dropped out of contact for three days right before the mess with the Ankouns started.  Where were you?"

"I told you, I was with my brother.  He works for the Exchange, he wanted me to turn.  I didn't.  I'm loyal to you, to the Empty Night."

"She's lying," the Pureblood snapped.

"Her story is false, that doesn't mean she's lying," the Cathar corrected, "There's a difference, Jurras."

"I'm not lying!" Kouna protested.

Jurras finally opened his eyes.  "I found Sith mind manipulation.  It was buried deep, but it's there.  She's a column agent."

Judas looked at the Cathar, who nodded his agreement.  "All right.  Rortham, lock her down then, put her with the others.  Kouna, go with them quietly, we'll make sure you stay safe."

Rortham unlocked the stasis locks, freeing Kouna.  In an instant her eyes changed, and she dove for Judas, reaching for his neck.  An instant later and her torso flopped to the ground at Judas' feet, her legs dropping a meter away.  Jurras stood with his lightsaber in hand and a sword blade at his throat.

Judas looked mournfully at the corpse on the ground, then looked up at the tense situation in front of him.  "Did you have to kill her?" he asked.

Rortham growled, anger clear on his face, "No.  He didn't."

"It doesn't matter.  It's done."

Judas shook his head at the psychotic former Sith.  "If you weren't Olrac's son..."

Jurras glared at Judas, obviously angered by the name.  Judas ignored the glare.  "Stand down, both of you.  And get this cleaned up.  Nine agents found.  We have four more potentials to deal with."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:47:38 PM EDT by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Giant Lizard Puppy

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:52 PM EDT »

Teewa was in the Velvet Room on business when her holocomunicator started chiming.  One of the Night's many peepers had spotted Assad Ankoun being tailed by a group of mercenaries.  As fast as was reasonable, she excused herself and headed out to meet up with a security team.

In a matter of moments, the mercs were disabled and secured for questioning, then the team moved into the alley to secure Assad.  They fanned out and Teewa walked up to him.

"Oh look!" he cracked, "The cavalry."

"And just in time to save your shiib shebs, too.  So what are you doing here?  I thought Nar Shaddaa was a little too seedy for your family."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 11:51:08 AM EDT »

"We had a small outpost here. We evacuated it during our war with you, I am here to rebuild it." Assad admitted, and the Mirialan had a look of pride on her face. "This moon was in your territory. Our presence here was mostly financial not military, so it was only logical. But yea, go ahead and gloat." He said with a smile as he pull out a small device and started scanning.

"What are you looking for?" She asked.

"I'm scanning for DNA traces. I was invited here the moment I arrived. Transmission had an old Entity transmission code. I came to investigate a theory going around in the Tower." He explained.

"What theo..." She was about to ask when Assad's features suddenly changed to surprise, and then to anger. He then - and with a load angry yell - slammed the device into the ground, smashing it to bits. "DAMN IT!... He was right. I hate it when he is right. I never thought he would be..." He said as he paced in a circle with his hands on his waist.

"Who's right?! Would you please try to make sense!! You're making regret saving your rear!" Teewa snapped impatiently.

Assad looked at her as he remembered an interesting fact. He walked closer to her as she took a step back, keeping the distance the same between them. Teewa's group seemed to ready their weapons as the Ankoun had an angry look on his face. "One of you, a sleeper, attacked me... One of us, a sleeper, attacked you. Then what happened? All out war. You and I were the spark of what we call the Empty War. We call it that becase all that happened was for nothing. We got played."

Teewa raised her hand, signaling to her team to relax. Then she took a step towards Assad. "You're not saying anything new, but why are you telling me this? What's going on?"

"The DNA belongs to Mulgam Ankoun. A man exiled sixty years ago by the Entity. He murdered his team and stole sensitive intelligence, and tried to escape with it. The Entity chanced him across the sector, and at the confrontation, the Entity seeker squads recovered the intel, but Mulgam escaped. He has been gone since, no one knew where to, but he became the first Ankoun in our history to commit such a crime against his kin..." Assad took a pause. "The Elders say they have Intel that the Exile was on Alderaan recently, and they suspect him to be behind the sleeper infiltration of the Entity. Now we have proof. If he is back then we are all in danger. I can not describe the level of his strength and intelligence... We studied his tactics during initial Entity training. You can not go back to your bases, or your ships. They are probably sabotaged by now, all coms are tapped. We have to find shelter and other means of communication to report what we know to our superiors." He spoke urgently.

"Are you crazy? You want us to dump all of our technology? Your out of your mind Ankoun if you think one exile can trap us like this." She said skeptical.

"Look! If you call Creek from your equipment, you will be traced, so will he, putting everyone in danger. Your ships could be rigged to explode on take off as well. That is his MO. He was famous for it. He was the best in the Intelligence Arm before his exile. If something happens to you again, we will be blamed, AGAIN! We both have to report to our superiors, but we have to in a way he wouldn't expect. I am sure we can 'commandeer' a com from somewhere." He looked worried. She didn't know much of him, but she has seen his interrogation vids. He wasn't his calm wisecracking self.

"...Fine, we'll do it your way. Plus, if a former Ankoun agent was recruited to turn his kin to sleepers, the same could be said of Empty Night. This could narrow down our suspect list. Need to tell Judas asap."

"I have two more people on the ground, I will have them rendezvous with us. Seeing as this is your turf, and you got the manpower, we will follow your lead." Assad announced as the group began making its way out of the warehouse.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:56:13 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 12:49:43 PM EDT »

Teewa hated being in the dark, but she had gone to ground before.  The team of Empty Night trashed their equipment and filed out of the warehouse.  She pulled the team leader aside.

"Aunt Ehrea, I need to get word to Judas.  Head for site epsilon, it's off the books.  I'll rejoin you soon."

The tall Echani woman nodded and headed for the point position.  The team moved off and Teewa vanished, heading for another location.  She located a Mandalorian cache site and slipped a code cylinder into it along with a 500 credit chip.  The next warrior to access the cache would pass the cylinder along a line of contacts until it got to Jacson, who would pass it to Judas.  The cylinder contained a single file, which consisted of the words Code Darkspawn.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 09:36:38 AM EDT »

The old man that attacked Assad sat in a pilot’s chair, in a small, dark cockpit. He watched the holo display before him of the joint Night-Entity party, making their way in an ally way trying to reach their secondary base, not knowing that it has already been ransacked.

As his dark smile widened, the miniature holo image of an old bounty hunter, dressed in black armor similar to the one he wore spoke, clearly irritated. "Stop playing around Marasmus, finish this."

"Oh no my dear Condor!" The man shook his head. "The game is just beginning!" He said and chuckled. Moments later, sniper bolts sprayed the unlikely allies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teewa sent a team member in another direction before they set out. That left five Night security personnel, two Entity eggheads, Assad and herself. The first volley took out the Ankoun techs, and three Nighters.

Before the second volley began, Assad, Teewa and the two Night agents remaining ran into a back entrance of a building to escape fire. In the confusion, they didn't notice the cracks in the wall as they scurried for cover.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the hidden shuttle, Marasmus tapped a pad with a smile as he watched the events unfold.

The cracks became wider near the party, causing the wall to collapse over their heads. They noticed in the last second and without a moment to think, they ran out of the room to an adjacent one, only to hear a low beeping sound.

Marasmus laughed out loud in his shuttle and he tapped his pad again.

The beeping became more incessant as one of the Empty Night agents realized what it was. He turned around and screamed "Get out!" as he pushed the three out of the room and into another. The beeping stopped in an explosion that killed the heroic Night agent and put the survivors in shock in the middle of a dust cloud. As they turned around to run for fresh air instinctively, they were shocked to see the writing on the wall before them as the dust dissipated. Just three simple words, but they held disturbing and terrifying implications.

On the wall, the words "FIFTH COLUMN FOREVER!" were painted in red.

A tense moment passed and the remaining Night agent pulled a com unit out of his pocket and screamed into it hysterically, calling his ship for aid.

"What are you doing?!" Teewa yelled as she tried to take it away!

"To hell with what the Kounie said! Lying bastards!" He yelled as he struggled with Teewa over for the com. A moment later, a load boom shook the floor - it felt far away - then another boom, then another, and another.

The three froze for a moment, then Teewa worriedly took the com from the agent and called her ships. No answer. She tried four more times and no answer. Assad took the com and fiddled with it, then called his ships. No answer. As they exchanged looks in confusion, they ran up the nearby stairwell and made their way to the roof in a speedy fashion, then looked towards the spaceport. To their horror, four pillars of smoke rose to the sky. The Night and Entity ships have been destroyed.

What kind of a man is capable to pulling this off? They thought. Assad tried to warn them, but even Assad didn't anticipate this. mere minutes after appearing, the mighty Night and Entity have been annihilated Nar Shaddaa.

As they stood there, dumbstruck, a shuttle hovered behind them, and the hatch opened, then an old man in black armor appeared above them, laughing maniacally.

Assad, Teewa and the agent turned around and Assad recognized him.

"You bastard!" He spat.

Teewa, in anger, pulled out a blaster to fire at the murderer when a sniper bolt shot her blaster out of her hand. She clutched her hand in pain as Assad held her to stop her from falling. The Night enforcer raised his weapon, but Assad yelled at him to stop, and he complied. If he had fired, he would have been dead.

Mulgam's laugh became louder. "Oh baby girl! Does that hurt?"

"Damn you Mulgam!" Assad spat!

"My dear boy, I haven't gone by that name for decades. I am Marasmus now." He said with a look of... hunger in his eyes.

With pain, Teewa spoke. "Marasmus... means to fade away in the old tongue."

"Very good!" He said with a laugh. "The old Mandalorian woman that you sent away, we let her live. Your message will reach your leaders in a few days, they will come for you... take this message to them. Your days are numbered, long live the Fifth Column!" He said in a dark voice as the shuttle pulled away and took off to the upper atmosphere, leaving Assad, Teewa and their third member helpless on the roof of the building, wounded, with no backup, no food, and no shelter.

When Marasmus entered FTL, the holo figure of the old bounty hunter spoke again. "That was interesting."

"Indeed. The message was clear enough. This should keep them off balance for a while. We now control the rhythm. They will fight on our terms."

"Don’t get too excited Marasmus, if Vaskis fails with his task against Orlac, our plans will collapse." The Condor reminded.

"I am aware, we'll do what we can to bring the bastard down. But can you imagine it Condor? The Empty Night, The Ankoun Entity and the Corellian Cabal under our control?!" The Ankoun traitor wondered.

"A glorious feat! We will have an organization with unprecedented influence and power." The Condor responded.

The connection ended.  "And revenge on that bastard Creek," he added to himself, allowing a slight smile to escape his lips.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:32:26 AM EDT by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 11:00:20 AM EDT »

The three men, dressed in all black deep reconnaissance armor stood in the middle of a desert next to their speeders near the north pole of the planet Tatooine. Utterly inhospitable, that part of the planet had never been settled, not even the sand people treaded these dreaded sands. It was a perfect place to test their deadliest weapon.

Vaskis, Condor and Marasmus, three men, each representing the worst their former groups had to offer, united in an alliance of hatred that had one purpose, and that was to dominate what they felt was theirs.

Marasmus, born Mulgam Shaw Ankoun, the oldest of the three, is an Ankoun that had betrayed his people sixty years ago. From his point of view, he gave the Entity everything he had; his very existence was to preserve the Entity and to further its interests. But at some point, he came to realize what a cruel hierarchy the Entity had in place, where the powerful became more powerful and the common hardworking man was slaved, sucked dry for all he's worth and worked to death. He wanted more than to be the Ahgeed's lapdog, or the Military Arm's punching bag or intelligence’s mule. He wanted freedom of the Ankoun tyranny. But when he made his move with a plan that would have given him freedom and riches, the Entity hunted him like a dog and forced him to absolute exile from the civilized galaxy.

He survived the harshest of conditions and dreadful circumstances and was now bordering on one hundred years old. His unusually long life despite everything was all the proof he needed that it was his destiny to take his revenge and bring ruin to the Ankoun Entity. He would do the impossible and he would see a galaxy without Ankoun.

Condor was born on Nar Shaddaa, the bastard son of a part time waitress and a tramp spacer.  He was raised amongst the worst that the galaxy had to offer, at it had turned him into a cruel and relentless man hunter.  He was the sort of monster that Lord Kaast, the original master of the Empty Night, liked in an enforcer.  His cruelty allowed him to rise quickly through the ranks, to eventually become Lord Kaast’s personal Hunter.  All that changed with Judas Creek.

Condor first met Judas when he was assigned to hunt him down.  Judas got away from him twice.  Years later, with the help of a traitor within the Empty Night, Lord Kaast was killed and his murderer took control.  Judas Creek.  Condor was exiled from the Empty Night, and swore revenge.

Vaskis was the one that didn’t fit.  He had been born to a noble family on Dromund Kass, raised from boyhood to strength and unquenchable ambition.  He was a master manipulator, ruthless and charismatic.  He was already fifty years old, but use of Sith Alchemy made him look no older than 30.  While at the Academy Vaskis showed a remarkable proficiency in mental domination, and he honed this ability to not only destroy minds, but to change them and make them his own.  He achieved glory and renown within the Empire for his ability to utterly destroy rebellion from within, doing so on Ziost, Bothawui, and a dozen other planets.  It wasn’t long until he set his sights on Corellia.  Once again, Vaskis planned to do what no other Sith could.  He was going to destroy the spirit of the most arrogant people in the galaxy.

Such a lofty goal required help, and like Kaast before him Vaskis preferred the harshest and most brutal lieutenants he could find.  A mind in pain was like putty in his hands, so harsh men that liked causing pain were helpful to him.  Condor also wanted revenge, which made him willing, and he knew the Underworld.  Vaskis sought him out and promised him both vengeance and wealth.  Condor agreed on the spot.

Vaskis knew to destroy the spirit of Corellia, he would have to eliminate the Ankoun Entity, and that it wouldn’t be easy.  When he came to meet Marasmus by chance in the outer rim, and discovered the old man’s story, the idea came to him. To somehow use this man's knowledge of the Ankoun Entity, and Condor's knowledge of the Empty Night to pit them against each other, weakening them. This would have given his associates a welcome revenge, and further his agenda and bring him fame and power within the Sith.  If it worked... And they were so close.

They planed it perfectly; Condor and Marasmus both used their knowledge to trap a few members of their former groups.  Vaskis turnd them into sleeper agents, and programmed them to follow their orders.  The sleepers in turn captured and made more sleepers. Meanwhile, Vaskis and Condor absorbed and recruited various criminal and mercenary groups, like some Exchange groups, some White Maw fleets, many Black Suns families, and of course many Mandalorian mercenaries.

Unfortunately, cooler heads prevailed within the Night and Entity, despite the devastation and the death toll. On top of that, their sleepers were discovered one by one. This was disastrous to them. The conspiracy was perfect. But outside interference and simple dumb luck saved their enemies, and Vaskis learned the hard way that his skill at manipulation paled in comparaison to his new master’s, but that wouldn’t stop him for long.
As the tables turned, they feared the cabal would turn on them, and eliminate them for Vaskis' unauthorized war. So they fully committed to a full take over.  Now more determined than ever, the three of them would risk everything on one final plan.  Failure would mean ruin, dishonor, and death.  Success would mean power enough to crush the Ankoun Family, kill Judas Creek and his ilk, and humiliate Darth Olrac before the Dark Council

The plan was not simple, destroy the Entity, Night and Cabal, control their resources and power, and rule over a galaxy spanning shadow organization, that enjoyed an unprecedented level of wealth and influence. That was their Fifth Column. But to accomplish such a feat they needed an edge, and they got it. The shadow missile.

During their conspiracy, their sleepers managed to steel rare and experimental technologies from their enemies. They managed to steel refined Naquilicon I, a substance developed by Empty Night and used in the creation of Naquilic explosives used against the entity during the Empty war.

Using this substance, the Fifth Column developed a new Naquilicon II, with effects that were magnitudes more devastating. It would cause planetary level destruction which the use of such an explosive would be recognized as a war crime.

Also, a part of what they had acquired was the best of Cabal stealth technology. This was the state of the art technology that allowed the Cabal to infiltrate almost everywhere.

And finally, they acquired Entity shielding, FTL and Ion Cannon Technologies, the best in the sector if not the republic.

This was all to be used in creation of a mobile, small stealth missile, capable of destroying cities and small planets.  This missile – which acted like a small vessel - was utterly invisible thanks to the cabal technologies, but in case of detection, state of the art shielding and counter-offensive weaponry liberated from the Ankoun Entity could defend it while it approached its target. Mounted Ion cannons would disable any ship or shuttle that came close. Advanced Entity FTL engines allowed it to exit from hyperspace near the target while launching from anywhere in the galaxy.

It was a weapon to be hold. But it could not be used against population centers. Their plan was to rule and control, not to be crowned kings over rubble.  The main purpose was to force mercenary and pirate armadas and bases to submit to them in droves or be destroyed. With this, they could take over the White Maw, and the Exchange and many more. Then work their way up to the Empty Night.

As they looked on, the ultimate shadow weapon's first test was about to be witnessed. A bright light in the sky flashed. Vaskis taped the shoulders of his partners and pointed up. They were already looking however.

Condor spoke. "The missile exited hyperspace in the exact triordinates." He said in a cold, calculating, and unimpressed voice.

"Yield?" Vaskis asked with the same tone.

And again with the same tone, Marasmus answered. "Two hundred and eight times ten to the negative seventeenth power of the regular load of Naquilicon II."

Vaskis nodded and they all watched on as the missile struck the ground many kilometers away.

At first, there was a bright flash, then a mushroom cloud, then fire and molten rocks expanded in every direction and spread for kilometers. But then came the shockwave. Everything in the way would get disintegrated before the fire reached them, the ground beneath seamed to tare itself apart. Then came the sound. Defining, glorious!

The leaders of the Fifth Column stood at a safe distance, but even there, the residual shockwave made them struggle to remain standing.

As they witnessed the glory before them, then seeing the aftermath of the devastation, Marasmus spoke. "Gentlemen." And then he nodded and turned around. The two took one final look, and then returned to their speeders. And they rode into the dunes, back to civilization – relatively speaking.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 12:32:31 PM EDT »

Hundreds of ships orbiting Hoth awaited orders. The White Maw feared no one, not the Republic, not the Empire, or their Madalorian Dogs, they feared no one. They are one of the most powerful naval forces in the sector, unofficially of course. But one thing had them on edge, the Fifth Column...

They had received news from across the galaxy, organizations similar to their's and others not so similar, have been becoming under new management. Any who resisted were destroyed. No one knew how. The exchange has been absorbed. Most rogue Mandalorian clans have been also absorbed. Most criminal organizations have sworn allegiance to this new shadow that no one knew about, even the Coruscanti Black Suns and the Corellian Goon Squads jumped aboard. All that was left was the White Maw.

What made the rag-tag leadership of the Maw even more nervous, was the open communique they received. "Submit or die. You have three days. C5." Of course, the Maw had no intentions of submitting to no one. They spit in the face of Governments on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant, they would never allow some upstarts to take control from them. NEVER they thought.

As the fleet guarded the area and tracked everything, they received a communique from their patrol teams, the dark side of the massive, moon sized frozen asteroid near the outer atmosphere of the fourth planet of the system, was clear. They had to make sure that no enemy forces were hiding behind it. every other planet, they had stations to monitor all events at all times.

As the Maw heightened security in the last few minutes of the deadline, everyone in the fleet felt the stress. Then Zero hour ended, and an energy field lit up on every sensor in sight as an event horizon materialized at the edge of the system. A massive fleet of vessels appeared one ship at a time until the horizon was dotted with countless warships. Panic began to silently boil within the many members of the Maw. Then, a moment later, a hyperspace window formed in orbit of the Ice asteroid. A strange Missile of mysterious design, launched directly into the asteroid's orbit and detonated. The explosion was so powerful, it disintegrated the would be moon to billions of pieces of space garbage. The resulting shock wave was massive and headed in every direction. Every vessel in the fleet was outside the destructive radius of the shock wave purposefully on the orders of their attackers, yet they were allowed to suffer the violent displacement wave that followed.

The invading fleet was safely out of range, however the White Maw fleet suffered the brunt of the wave. They were still in fighting shape however, despite the damages, but the physiological effects of this crime against nature resonated.

The Maw flagship received a transmission. A hooded man dressed in black armour appeared with two other men dressed similarly standing side by side with him. The man spoke with an ominous tone. "Members of the White Maw, what you have just witnessed was a portion of our power. The next Shadow Missile is targeting the center of your fleet. You and the pathetic ice cube you orbit will be but a shadow of what you were if you do not submit. This is your only chance to join the Fifth Column. You have one minute." The transmission ended.

That was the moment the White Maw was absorbed.

On the bridge of the Fifth Column's flag ship, The Patron, Marasmus, Condor and Vaskis stood witness to the long process of absorbing their new ships, and taking control of the Hoth system. They now secretly control multiple systems and hot spots for criminal activity. Marasmus spoke. "Your plan is coming together." He said with a smile as he looked to the view screen.

"Our plan my friend. Both of your inputs and tactics inspired this." Vaskis replied.

"This is a great step forward, but without Corellia, this will all be for nothing. With this we are a power not to be ignored. We risk uniting the Hutts, the Empire and the Republic. Are we getting out of our league here?" Condor wondered. Despite winning an important strategic and tactical victory without loose a single ship, or a single man for that matter, danger loomed. A naval power such as theirs will always attract attention.

"As you said, without Corellia, we stand to loose everything. But with its government in our palm, we could keep the Republic off our backs, and with the Cabal out of the picture, we could sway Imperial
opinion. But that battle will be different than this one. That will require a subtlety not seen since the creation of the Empire." Vaskis said with pride.

Condor looked to Vaskis with annoyance. "Are you calling an Empire full of blood thirsty Sith killing each other subtle?" He said in a plane voice, and Vaskis chuckled darkly in response. "No offence." Condor spoke nonchalantly as he returned his gaze to the view screen.

"None taken." The Sith Lord said with a confidant smile. It is true that most Sith were anything but subtle, but as the history he learned as a child teaches, the creation of the Empire from the remnants of the old Empire, and then keeping it a secret for a thousand years was the very embodiment of subtlety.

"The next step should be putting sleepers in the Corellian governing council." Marasmus stated.

"Not just the Corellian council my friend. All roads cross at Corellia." He said with an ominous smile, and continued with a whisper. "I'm coming for you Olrac!"

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 11:46:30 AM EST »

Starved, sleep deprived and covered with cuts, bruises and scorch marks, Assad, Teewa and Sidoi took cover in an alleyway in the Corellian Sector of Nar Shadda. It's been the worst three days they have experienced in a long time. Everywhere they went, they got shot at, chased, attacked with metal bars and even cantina chairs. Almost every faction they ran into attacked them on site. They had a price on their heads.

Assad suggested taking shelter in the Corellian Sector, hoping his name would carry some favor with the Corellian refugees, his efforts, however, where less then fruitful. Those who were not a part of the Exchange or the Suns, or former members of the Goon Squad, feared to be targeted by those who were simply for associating with them. In the best of cases, the Trio were shunned and rejected.

In the last encounter the Trio had with Exchange Enforcers, a fire fight broke out after they managed to extract information from an Exchange member. Apparently, most major crime syndicates, even the large street gangs, now served a new shadow organization call the Column. Unfortunately, they knew the Column well.

Three days ago, a Column Commander, a former Entity elite exiled many decades ago, lead a devastating attack on all Empty Night holdings on Nar Shaddaa. The destruction was near total, almost as if they had intimate knowledge of Night procedures. Even the off the books sites where gone. It was impossible and only infuriated Teewa. The Night was rendered impotent on Nar Shaddaa just as the Entity was. This was one of their strongest holds. Now they are a punching bag for old rivals and Column goons. Even the Hutts got tired of the rampant fighting and interfered, treating all parties involved as targets, including any Night agents. This only added to the plethora of troubles.

After the last fight, Sidoi was seriously wounded. He was a member of a new Empty Night Tactical squad, an evolution in combat ready teams that was dubbed the Tactical Intervention and Neutralization Squads, or "TINS” for short. They were the closest to a professional militia with top tier training, state of the art weaponry and armor the Crime Syndicate ever had. Most of their squads were a group of criminals, fighting like hooligans. However this new Unit, created after the so called Empty War for strategic combat efforts was the best the Empty Night had ever trained. Sadly, the trickery of the Column, left this new tactical generation in shambles. They were down to a single wounded fighter.

Assad sat on the floor in the dark alleyway, with his back to the metal bulkhead. His blasters at the ready, he had a look of fatigue prominent on his face. Two meters away from him was Teewa, sitting on the floor in the middle of the ally, with her feet under her body, and Sidoi lying in her lap breathing heavily.

As Sidoi yelped in pain and clutched the wound in his chest. It was caused by a blaster bolt that struck in the damaged part of his armor. Teewa caressed his hair and face faster as she tried to calm him down. "Shush, it's okay Sidoi, you're going to be okay." She said as tears fell down her green cheeks. She was never the emotional type, and she had suffered much worse. But with no back up, no aid and no medical supplies, she could do nothing but watch her subordinate suffer and fade away slowly in front of her eyes. She contemplated snapping his neck to end his suffering, but she couldn't get herself to do it.

"S... Somehow... I ... Don't - ARCH!! I don't believe... you... B, Boss!" Sidoi struggled to speak, smiling widely with blood pooling at the corner of his mouth.

"Don't speak Tin Man, save your strength." She said, trying her best to be pleasant under the circumstances. But after a slight smile, he convulsed as he drew in breath, then with a long steady wheeze, the light went out of his eyes as he looked on, lifeless.

Teewa's reaction turned quickly to anger as he looked into his face. "DAMN IT!" She exclaimed, but then tried to remain calm as she closed his eyes. "He was a good man. A little rough around the edges, but he was a good man. He didn't deserve this... I am gonna rip that man's throat out."

"I am sorry Teewa, none of us were prepared for this." Assad tried to console. But they were interrupted before she could reply.

A group of eight Exchange thugs spotted them, and rushed down the alley towards them with their blasters blazing. Teewa managed to duck behind a trash container, but Assad wasn't as lucky. He was struck in the side of the rib cage with a blaster bolt as he tried to reach the container for cover, and collapsed to the floor. He was still conscious but in agony and unable to move, by the time Teewa reached for her weapon, she found herself starring down the barrels of five blaster rifles and the other three where trained on Assad's head. "It's over sweetness. You're gonna die now!" A Devironian threatened darkly as he smiled devilishly. A moment later a flurry of blaster bolts lite up the alleyway, and then the bodies of her attackers fell to the floor one by one. She wanted to find out what happened, but she found herself hunched over Assad's body, checking his wounds. She lost too many people this week; she didn't want to deal with another death so soon.

She was tired, and Assad's wound was deep and the footsteps of the new group that arrived got louder as they got closer to them. She was ready to give up... No more. They were at their physical and psychological limits. "Just get it over with you Shilkas." She said to the new arrivals with a plain voice, while still looking at Assad.

"There you are." Said a large armored figure with a deep voice, followed by a large group of Mandalorian siluets, armored and armed to the teeth.

Teewa looked over her shoulder when she recognized the voiced muffled by the armor. "Buir?! " She said disbelieving.

"We got your message Teewa, we are here to help." He said relieved.

"Help him." She said, as she closed her eyes, and for the first time in a few days, allowed herself to fall asleep. As her body began falling to the floor, her father rushed to her side, and grabbed her, stopping her from falling. "Sleep child. I got you." He whispered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing in the shuttle on route to Coronet City, the Column trinity of leadership prepared their final Master stroke.

"Within forty eight hours, Orlac's reign on Corellia will end! " Vaskis said with a wry smile.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:30:18 PM EST by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 02:56:36 AM EST »

All was quiet in the office annex that had been taken by the Corellian Cabal as its headquarters previously.  The office annex was still active, but the new base the Cabal was activating was a whole new level of security; it was simply called "32".  Local residents typically gave the new place a wide berth, and imperials came and went as necessary.  Darth Olrac, Overlord of the Cabal, was often seen as he preferred a hands-on method of leadership.  However, urgent business had called him back to Dromund Kaas and he was scheduled to leave within the hour.  Business would continue as usual, however, as his apprentices and several lieutenants always maintained discipline in his absence.

It had been a quiet day thus far.  Lord Blodrath was absent, to the relief of all present.  The volatile Sith answered only to the Overlord; without Olrac to restrain him prisoners were often executed, painfully.  The Beskar and Empty Night liaisons were also absent, as was Olrac's blue-skinned Master of Shadows, Sandos.  Three Sith were very conspicuously present, however, so 32 continued to bustle with activity.

Lords Junnah and Ketra were reviewing an intelligence report from a dead drop when both of their heads snapped up toward the ceiling.  Junnah looked at his wife.  "Evacuate, now."

The Miralukan woman nodded and took off.  In the courtyard Krystah, another of Olrac's apprentices, was sparring with a quintet of troopers.  She was dancing circles around them when a warning in the Force caused her to miss a step and trip.  Two of the men pressed their advantage and almost killed her, their training blades bouncing off as her own blade intercepted them a hair's breadth from her face.

"Stand down!" she cried and launched herself to her feet.

The five men looked at each other, and then back at her.  "My lady?" one of them started to ask.

"I felt a disturbance in the Force.  We're all in great danger.  We need to move.  Start getting people out of the building.  Do it n--..."

The words were barely out of her mouth when all hell broke loose.  A brilliant flash of light, searing heat, and three of the soldiers were gone in a flash of vapor.  Krystah instinctively cloaked herself in the Force, using the pain from the searing light to strengthen the shield.  Her cloak inadvertently saved the other two troopers, knocking them all off their feet.  No sooner had Krystah regained her footing when a chunk of debris smashed into her, knocking her to the ground again and crushing her left arm under 200 kilograms of durasteel.

Inside the bunker, Ketra looked at the one man she had managed to save.  Her barrier of Force energy had shielded her from the blast, but a burst of fear had crippled her resolve, shrinking the shield until it only covered one other person.  Panic rose in her throat, and she dropped her barrier and took off running for where her Force Bond with Junnah told her he was.

Slow down, Crimson. came the voice in her head.  She skidded to a halt upon hearing Junnah's pet name for her.  Trembling with fear and relief, and reached through her bond.

Love?  Where are you?

Instead of an answer, she saw a room full of roughly a dozen survivors inside a violet bubble of energy.  Outside the bubble was nothing but debris.

I'm holding steady for now, but I don't know how long I can last.  Take it slow, the rubble is unstable.  Get them out of here, Crimson.

Ketra considered for a moment.  Every instinct in her screamed at her to get him out, save her husband, let the others die.  She buried those instincts and forced herself to calm down, then started to carefully pick her way toward the exit.  Half her mind was still with Junnah, and she used her connection to take some of the weight of the rubble onto herself until she could get a rescue crew to start digging.

On Dromund Kaas, After his timely escape, Darth Olrac demanded an emergency meeting with the Minister of Logistics, and an audience with the Dark Council. When he was done, and after the less than ideal reality began to sink in, he went rigid in his seat.  Wave after wave of pain and fear washed over him, flashes of light and heat burned into his mind.  And mixed into it was a single strand of satisfaction.  An instant later, his communicator started beeping.  He bowed his head and forced down the fury building within him, then answered the call.

"How bad is it?" he said.  The military aide, already afraid to be delivering bad news to a Sith, looked confused.

"M-m-my...my Lord, I’m sorry b-but ou-"

"Cease your stuttering.  Control yourself.  I know it’s bad, I was there! I am asking you. How bad? Did any pockets of resistance hold out?"

The aide gulped and took a breath.  "Nin-Ninety percent casualties, my Lord.  Your headquarters on Corellia has been completely overrun.  We recovered a few personnel after the fact. Sir, they weren’t extracted, they were released. They just let them go."

"And what of my apprentices?"

"No sign of them, my Lord.  We're still going through the reports, but thus far nothing."

"Has anyone claimed responsibility for the attack?"

"Nobody, my Lord, though we feel it's only a matter of time."

Olrac nodded.  "Keep me informed," he ordered and cut the call.  He rose from his seat.

Darth Olrac knew who was responsible, and it wasn't any of the terrorist groups in the Core.

"You have crossed me for the last time, Vaskis," he muttered to himself as he marched through the Citadel.  His Interceptor would be bound for Corellia within the hour, and then revenge would come.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:38:30 AM EST by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 11:24:17 PM EST »

Security sweeps at Group 7 CoroCon happened in many stages. Thirty patrol teams of four people each; constantly patrolled the grounds of the private security company. The large grounds with multiple training areas, hangers, and warehouses all surrounded a bunker base on the outskirts of Coronet city.

The facility was licensed by the Corellian Council Member Orkalis Sokro. How was Lord Sokro able to afford such a facility and run such a successful security company was a mystery, however, every financial audit that was made by the state and other rival Councilors checked out perfectly every time.

What no one knew however, was that Councilor Sokro was a puppet of Darth Orlac, Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth of the Sith Empire, and the Head of the Corellian Cabal, answering only to the Dark Council.

Group 7 CoroCore was a front to the Cabal, and the entire facility and all its personnel are Cabal. Orlac himself was onsite in his office on the top floor at all times.

It was fair to say that the Cabal’s relatively new Bunker Base dubbed "32", was a very secure layer in which Olrac can plot. Today however, it was not business as usual. Lord Olrac was scheduled to board a shuttle headed to Dromund Kaas in twenty minutes. The Sith was finishing off some last minute work in his office atop the central tower jutting straight out of the base. Right above him, was the roof of the tower that acted as the only means of shuttling in and out of 32. His desk faced the entrance of his office, behind him was a large, and thick plasti-glass window that overlooked the entirety of 32. The personnel always looked up to him from below, it made him look menacing… He liked it that way. Right outside the door, was a lift that could take him into the bunker below, or straight up to the shuttle pad above. That was where he was to head in a few minutes.

He stopped for a moment, something was wrong… He felt a disturbance. A moment later – as is office was lit up as if a million flairs went off in front of him – he dove to the ground under the weight of the tremor. Equipment and data pads flew in every direction, and then he got up and ran to the desk that he was just flung from and attempted to contact security.

"Security! Report!” He demanded. Only when the com returned nothing but silence, did he realize that the power was out. Everywhere, primary, secondary, even tertiary generators were offline. Not to mention all communication was being gammed.

"Raghhh!!!" He yelled in anger and slammed his fists on the desk.

At twenty one forty Coronet Standard Time, Vaskis gave the green light for operation "Preempt". Within moments, mobile artillery batteries were suddenly deployed via shuttle wing that descended from orbit over the base perimeter; then began firing. The batteries fired Cascade pulses, a technology stolen from Empty Night, and the results were instantly devastating. The Cascade tore through Durasteel and paper alike, but only localized the damage, and focused it so it would puncture a whole but not lay waste to the surrounding area. But the more impressive feature of the Cascade was when it detonated, it would emit a brilliant flash of light and pressure that would overwhelm organic beings into unconsciousness, and would short droids out in an instant. If an unlucky organic was to be within the blast radius, they would be instantly vaporized.

They shelled the bunker in three different locations, to make three new entrances. They also fired off many more Cascade pulses that were designed to implode in the air over the grounds, knocking out as many of the opposition as possible. After all, The Trinity of the Fifth Column wanted control, not destruction. The more they preserved from the base the better. However, some of the pulses did not implode overhead and actually detonated on the ground, causing damage typical of this type of weapon. This was expected however, and Marasmus calculated that four percent of the shells would do so. That was deemed acceptable collateral damage.

There were no mistakes in the bunker however. The three new entrances were each an empty circle in molten durasteel with a radius of two meters. Each of the Flashpoints as they were called, were located near either a large staircase or a lift shaft that gave the invaders a convenient route to the rest of the base.  The structural integrity of some of the area around the flashpoints was expected to fail, but the structural damage would be localized and easily repaired.

Chaos filled the air, the bunker was in panic, and the grounds were mostly clear. Vaskis and party stood outside the main gate as the Cascades came to a stop. He, along with Marasmus, and Juuras, each extended their hands towards the gate, and according to plan, were able to force it open without causing unrepairable damage. Condor Stood behind them, and behind him, were a legion of men coming out from every direction. Condor and Marasmus each rallied their groups, and stormed the grounds. Vaskis and Juuras both slowly walked behind the invaders, as there were still some pockets of resistance on the grounds.

Juuras was never the type to stand back, and it took quite an effort for Vaskis to keep Juuras in check, and alive. He needed him, for one reason, and one reason only. But all that Juuras knew was that he would take his father’s head today!

Juuras was an odd addition to the group. Vaskis tracked him down, and found him drunk at some cantina on a shifty trade spot. He knew the young wild Sith was not there to trade, he was on business for Judas Creek. Juuras only went along with him because he saw Creek as his means of getting back at this father. He grew tired of Judas’ stalling however, and when Vaskis approached him, he eagerly accepted. It was a very simple sales pitch really. "You want a shot at your father? Come with me!" It was that simple.

By the time they reached Flashpoint Alpha, their men already started pouring into the bunker. Vaskis saw Condor outside of Alpha. "Report." Said Vaskis.

"Our men are asking for reinforcements, they are facing serious resistance inside the bunker." Condor reported.

"It’s as if they are fighting for their lives!" Juuras joked in a sadistic, low tone, followed by a chuckle.

"Any reports of Orlac?" Vaskis asked and Juuras seemed to twitch at the name of his father.

"He is reported to be trapped at the top of the tower. He is also schedule to leave via shuttle in six minutes." Condor detailed.

Vaskis cursed under his breath as he felt rise in anger within Juuras. "WHAT!!" Juuras seethed.

"Take it easy boy; we’ll stick to the plan." Condor tried to calm Juuras but it was too late.

Juuras yelled. "We had a deal!" And then he pushed Vaskis and Condor out of the way, and ran straight up the staircase and into the bunker and tried to make his way to the tower.

Vaskis stretched out a hand and implored Juuras to wait, but it was too late. When he tried to follow him, he was stopped by Condor. "I’m no Sith, our men need ‘your’ power down below, I’ll get him back."
Worriedly, Vaskis agreed. "Alright, but take three squads with you. I want him alive. If he dies, this was all for nothing." Condor nodded, and they split up.

Orlac tried everything to restore power, he tinkered with panels, he rewired, and he even shot lightening at it in his frustration. That just made it worse.  The door to his office was designed to withstand Force users and lightsabers, effectively creating a saferoom in case of emergencies. What would keep his enemies out is what is keeping him trapped in right now. He had no time to lose any more, he was supposed to be on the shuttle. He had only two minutes to go, and he doubted that the pilot would wait for him under these circumstances.

He looked around in frustration, a thousand images and thousand feeling from countless combatants gave him a rush. He felt them energizing him, but without a means to channel his power, to direct his rage to, he felt helpless. HE! WANTED! OUT!

As his eyes glimpsed the window, he found a moment of clarity. If he can’t reach the inside of the bunker to fight the attackers whoever they are, he will go to the shuttle from the outside. At least he would be out of this miserable office. He’ll smash though the window.

It wasn’t easy, it was designed to withstand explosions, but he managed it. He used his lightsaber to create weak points within the glass in multiple locations, though, with some effort due to the thickness of it. And then he blasted and stuck on it with the aid of the Force until it came crashing down. The sudden rush of air into the office added more to the chaos and almost knocked him off his feet. The plan was to scale the length of one story up and make it to the shuttle, it wasn’t easy. The heavy wind and the scarcity of objects and edges he could use to support his weight up made climb arduous. But with a sheer power of will, he made it to the top. He was about five minutes late, but to his surprise, the pilot was still there. Of course he was, Orlac thought. This particular pilot was a very old, shall we say, ‘employee’ of his. He was always dependable.

But before Orlac could board the shuttle, he felt something. He turned around to the door to the roof as he recognized that presence. That can't be right, he thought. Why is he here? Judas wasn't stupid enough to betray him and aimed this loose cannon at him. Before he finished that thought, the door was blasted off and an angry young adult Sith Pureblood stood at the door with his red lightsaber at the ready.

"FATHER!" The young Sith Screamed.  The pilot urged Orlac to board but Orlac motioned him to silence.
"Hello, boy," Orlac said with a smile of distain. He secretly wished that the lift and the door to the shuttle pad were made of the same metal that his office’s entrance was made of. That would have saved him some trouble.

"Finally! After all this time…" Juuras said as he strode towards Orlac with purpose. "You’re MINE OLD MAN!" He screamed as he broke into a run and swung a massive side slash at his father, which in turn, ignited his saber and locked blades with him.

Vaskis made his way through the corridors, he didn’t fight or kill, but he simply walked amidst the chaos. Before him would be carnage, and as he would pass through, behind him would be peace. Every time he became in contact with anyone mentally, he would render them unconscious by simply overwhelming their nervous system, at least the weak minded. The strong willed would fight on, but it’s hard to fight a Master of minds. Those few that would continue to resist, the men behind him would dispatch them.

He was strong, but it was a LARGE base. It would take hours to cover it all. He received a communique from Marasmus. He has found him, Junnah!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:52:29 PM EST by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 11:24:55 PM EST »

Junnah was the key. If he can somehow bring Junnah over to his side. He will be able to take over a working organization, not just corpses. Junnah was one of Orlac’s most relied upon apprentices. Blodrath was the Alpha of the four apprentices, but Blodrath didn’t command, he killed. Orlac always put him to good use, but always left Junnah to the administration work. And so, Junnah was well liked by the rank and file and he commanded the largest group of men within the organization.  Every apprentice of Orlac commands a portion of Orlac’s forces. They were his generals. But to add to Junnah’s importance, if one can secure Junnah to their cause, they more than likely secure the second largest group of Orlac’s men as well. The second group was commanded by Ketra, another of Orlac’s apprentices and she was Junnah’s wife.

Luckily, he knew the key to turn Junnah. He was born on Corellia, his real name is Jutha Oleek, and he is Judas Creek’s cousin. In fact, the only reason he was in his position was because Orlac wanted to use his connection to Judas. No one knows why, but Junnah hated the very ground that Judas walked upon. He would do anything to get at him. Things were aligning well that way recently. All Vaskis had to do was to give him what Orlac would not. At least that was the plan on paper. A million things could go wrong. If it doesn’t work out, at least he will be rid of the Cabal. But if it does, he will have their power.

There were reports that the invasion teams were starting to lose grounds. They were being pushed back. They are saying that one of Orlac’s apprentices managed to push her way in and rally the men. She was small and graceful, and her physical description matched that of the apprentice Krystah, Orlac’s final apprentice. That part was in Vaskis’ favor, for it perfectly with what he planned, but he had to act fast. The Sith made his way to the last reported location of Junnah and he forced his way in with a large group of armed men behind him. He found him and his wife under a large force bubble struggling to keep debris from the Cascade explosion from crushing a group of men and women. Junnah saw them and panicked, he was caught unprepared. But he couldn’t exactly maneuver right now, so he waited to see how things playout. "You!!"

"Yes! Me!" Vaskis said with a wide smile. Just then, Marasmus walked in, and stood next to the Sith Pureblood and whispered in his ear.

"The Sith apprentice organized a resistance and regained about half the base, but our men have stopped them and we control vital areas. We are at a deadlock, but they are boxed in, we could call for reinforcements, or wait them out till they starve." Marasmus said discreetly.

Vaskis nodded and hid the news. His face betrayed nothing. "Let me help you out with that." He said with a smile. He then proceeded with moving the debris away with an impressive show of power. The apprentices were impressed. He was way stronger in the Force than they were; he was almost as strong as their master… Almost.

The moment they were clear, every man and woman in the area save Vaskis ignited a lightsaber or aimed their weapons in a sudden flurry of action. Vaskis raised his hands non threateningly trying to calm everyone down. "Come now. Friends! If I wanted to kill you, why would I got those rocks off your heads?"
"You treacherous pit viper!  What the hell do you want!" Junnah spat.

"Just you." Vaskis said with a wide grin.

Finally, Condor and the squads with him – following Juuras’ not so subtle trail – reached the top of the tower. When they stepped out, they witnessed a furious battle of father and son. Strike, parries, blocks and deflections. They were fighting to kill. He wanted to interfere, but Orlac covered his blind spot well, and Condor and his team couldn’t get a shot in safely without hitting Juuras as well. Plus, it is a generally excepted fact that it is stupid to interfere using hand to hand combat when two people are swinging lightsabers around. There was a pause in the fighting, Condor still didn’t have a shot, but he was able to overhear them.

"You have improved!" Orlac said with truth in his voice.

"I trained night and day! Dreaming of this day!" Juuras spat out.

"Your footwork is still substandard though," Olrac countered, turning the duel into a lesson.  Juuras snarled and attacked again, Olrac easily deflecting the blows.  "Step and strike, parry one two three, deflect the thrust, riposte.  Don't forget to use both ends of your staff.  Set yourself, you're still off balance!"

Olrac pushed the attack, causing Juuras to stumble.  He slashed wildly, trying to keep Olrac at bay, but the older Sith batted the blade aside and backhanded Jurras across the face.  The blow sent him reeling, but he used the momentum to land a kick to Olrac's temple.

"Well! If I knew ignoring you would make you a little less useless I would have thrown you out right after I disposed of your mother’s corpse! Right after she gave me this worm of a son that stands before me!" Orlac taunted with venom in his words, effective enough to send Juuras into frenzy.

After a few more minutes of hair-raising combat, Orlac spoke again. "Good! Good!" a wry smile on his face. "Use your hate! Let it give you power!" He said as he struck his son’s blow away from his body. "I trust Judas Creek was good to you?" He said, trying to get under his son’s skin again.

"He was a means to an end!" The boy said.

"And what end was that?" Orlac asked, already knowing the answer.

"Killing you!" Juuras said and swung again at his father. But Orlac was running late, and he had to go. Not to mention the men with guns standing at the door, they were watching his every movement.

Orlac spat. "Well, this has been amusing, but time flies and I'm growing tired of your games." With a masterful series of moves, that took all of two seconds, the battle was over. Orlac parried the next attack, sidestepped his son’s momentum, and then spun on his heel, maneuvering himself behind his son. He then slashed the back of his son’s calves, forcing him down to his knees with a scream, and he put his hand on his son’s head and yanked it backwards, forcing him to look into Orlac’s eyes at an awkward angle. Orlac let a constant stream of lightening course from his hand, through his son’s head, and into his body.

As his son was being electrocuted, Orlac spoke. "You were a good tool, but you have outlived your usefulness. Even loving fathers such as I cannot ignore a blatant act of defiance such as this.  Goodbye son.  I will not be seeing you again!" He said, then let go of his son, and Juuras fell to the ground, almost lifeless. Orlac sensed that Juuras was not completely gone, but he soon will be. And he didn’t have time to wait and watch because the moment they got a shot, the men at the door let loose with a flurry of blaster bolts. Orlac deflected them as best as he can, though a few singed him extremities. When he made to the shuttle, the pilot took off.

Orlac looked down on the men below as he got higher with feelings of anger at the state of his command on Corellia, frustration on his dishonorable exodus, and unexpectedly, a slight feeling of remorse for the state of his son. Juuras has always been a tool in his eyes. But he was HIS tool, and watching him die wasn’t as easy as he thought it would be. Perhaps he did have some lingering emotional attachment to the boy. Alas it was too late for all of that nonsense. Orlac shut the hatch. Condor ran to Juuras’ side. Trying to stabilize Juuras, but that was beyond his abilities.

"Me?" Junnah asked accusingly. "What are you talking about?"

Vaskis looked around with a smile, and politely he asked everyone who was present in the room, friend or foe. "Would you fine people give us the room to ourselves?" Everyone exchanged looks of confusion at the ridicules request, but before anyone could respond he continued. "Thank your for your graciousness." The moment he finished his sentence, every man and woman save Marasmus, Ketra and Junnah fell to the floor one by one like bricks.

Junnah and Ketra looked to Marasmus and Vaskis in amazement at first, and then in anger. "What have you done!?" Junnah asked, fearing for the lives of his men, even of the lives of Vaskis' men.

"Don't worry, they are all okay. I just put them all to sleep. I don't want the details of our conversation to leave this room." Vaskis explained calmly.

"This is some sort of trick." Ketra whispered to Junnah but put his hand up signaling her to stop and she did.

"What do you have to say to me after you have killed so many? On the grounds outside, and in here." Junnah spoke out.

"Your master is responsible for every unfortunate death occurred today. I didn’t want to do this, he forced my hand. But for what it's worth, the vast majority or the grounds personnel are alive and well, they are in our custody. As for the base, ending that right now is within your power, right now." Vaskis reasoned.

"Why should I believe anything you say? Why should I trust you?"

"My boy, rule number one in life is trust no one. Or at least trust everyone to be themselves and to look out for themselves. Every one lies, cheats and steels to get ahead. And that is why I am here. You are guilty of this as well, isn't your very presence with Orlac driven completely by self-interest? Didn't he promise you something you desperately want? I can do the same, join me Junnah and end this madness." Vaskis lectured with a smile.

"Cut the crap Vaskis, you tell me that I shouldn't trust you, and that you lie, and you want me to take you at your word and just hand you 32? You are mad!" Junnah retorted.

"Oh no, do not misunderstand me. I have no with to blind you or fool you. I want you to make a fully informed decision. You see, I manipulate people just like everyone else, just like what your master does. But the difference is, where your master manipulates you with lies, I will do the same with the truth."
"Lies? Truth? What truth?" Junnah asked.

"Judas Creek." Vaskis simply said. Junnah showed a flash of anger at the name. "What of him."

"Empty Night was recently engaged in a shadow war with the Ankoun Entity. Were they not?" Vaskis asked.

"Are you here to retell old stories? We know."

"Who do you think was responsible to that war? What? After all this time, suddenly the Night goes to war with one of Corellia's most powerful families? We were responsible, my associates and I pitted them against each other. It was the plot of the century. I did this to please your master." Vaskis said with pride.

The two apprentices exchanged looks. They did not sense deception within Vaskis or his companion. "That we did not know, but I am sure our master does." Ketra responded.

"Oh my dear girl, I know he does! In fact, he was the reason why our plan failed. All he had to do was watch, and I would have brought him his enemies' heads on a platter. But he had to confirm some suspicions the Empty Night had, and that ended the conflict. He saved Empty Night, and let them run amuck. He betrayed us and the Empire." Vaskis complained.

"Why wouldn't he? Empty Night is our ally. There liaisons come and go as they please." Junnah challenged.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:45:42 PM EST by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 11:25:30 PM EST »

"You have been duped so badly, you don't even know up from down anymore. You want Judas, Orlac promised you his head. And yet, Orlac has more dealings with Creek than Creek's own mother! Who do you think leads Empty Night BOY!" Vaskis seemed to verbally strike the apprentice.

He clenched his fists. "You're lying!" He said.

"Am I? Don't stop listening just yet my friend, there is more!" Vaskis said as he moved a little closer to the apprentices. Ketra held her unignited saber between them. "Creek? Has been in the Annex on numerous occasions, conveniently, Orlac sends you on missions just before. On top of that, your friend, Krystah, she has met Judas, she caught him, she slept with him, she let him go. And what's worse, Orlac knows!" Junnah couldn't believe what he was hearing, but he sensed no deception from Vaskis and believed him. "He lied to you, he robbed me of my glory, and he is our enemy. You don't have to trust me, but you can trust that our goals intersect. Join me." He finally said.

"And what will you do if I do? Kill all of those who will not follow me? I cannot allow that." Junnah said.

"Anyone who does not wish to serve the new regime is free to leave. There will be no more Cabal blood shed here today." Vaskis answered.

"What do you think?" Junnah asked Ketra and she lowered her weapon.

"All I care about is Dathomir. I won't let him trap me like Orlac had." She said honestly to her husband.
"If you join me Ketra, and pledge your men, you will be free to come and go as you please. Just know this Junnah, you see this man?" He said as he pointed to Marasmus. "His real name is Mulgam Shaw Ankoun, and he is a ninety four year old Master of stealth." Vaskis started.

Junnah arched an eyebrow, and said in jest to Ketra. "Wow, do all Ankouns age so gracefully?" Vaskis continued.

"He has issues with the Entity, and I promised him command of the Entity when we are done. Another of my colleagues, Condor, has issues with Empty Night, like you, but I promised him command of the Night when we are done. And same for you, Join me, and promise you command of the Cabal." Vaskis paused to read the atmosphere, he has peeked some interests. "And to sweeten the deal, I have brought a gift with me, he is one of Creek's minions, and I give him to you freely, do with him what you please... You see, I do not want apprentices or slaves, by joining me, you become my partner. Strength in numbers and all that." Vaskis ended with a smile. "What say you?"

"You have got yourself a deal. But I'll have to see this minion you speak of first." Junnah stated his condition.

"Granted!" Vaskis exclaimed as he clapped his hands once, and then hailed Condor on the com.

Condor’s com link chimed, unable to revive the dying Juuras, he picked up the com and answered Vaskis. Before the Sith could speak, Condor started.

"Vaskis, Juuras is down, he fought Orlac atop the tower, but Orlac was able to escape. I am trying everything I can, but he is too far gone for that! His… brain was shocked, his body is badly burned. There is nothing I can do! If you can spare a moment, I can really use your spooky force mumbo jumbo right about now." Condor reported and went back to work.

"Blast!" Vaskis cursed and turned on his heel and headed towards the door, "Follow me!" He demanded. The three followed, and suddenly, the men and women on the floor started to wake up, Junnah commanded them to follow.

On the way, Junnah contacted his supporters, and commanded them to stand down. They complied, as did Ketra's men. Krystah and her men however, objected and refused to surrender. But Junnah didn't want to hear her voice; he didn't want to look at her face. He left if he saw her, he might kill her. All this time... she lied to him. He ordered her arrested, and thrown out of 32. He also ordered the same fate to her squad if they refuse to stand down.

In fact, Vaskis' gambit was so successful; he has completely taken control of 32, and most of the Cabal's resources on Corellia with one masterful stroke. Everything was planned. Juuras, Krystah, Ketra, Junnah. Everything. There was however, one final problem. If Juuras dies, everything is ruined. Vaskis knew that the only way to actually secure Junnah's loyalty was with doing what Orlac failed to do. That was to actually put Junnah on Judas' trail. To prove to his new partner that he was different from the old commander of the Cabal.

Vaskis and party finally reached Condor's location. Condor saw them and stepped aside as Vaskis approached Juuras' limp body. He reached his hand and closed his eyes, inspecting the damage to his body via the Force. He followed the diminishing Force streams in his body, and traced his blood circulation; he even reached into his mind to see if he was still there, however slightly.

"You’re still in there!" Vaskis said darkly and held both his arms wide apart. The atmosphere around them seemed to darken. The people present took a step backwards as they felt an unsettling energy emanating from Vaskis. Everyone suddenly felt their stomachs turn and their ears pop as purple lightening erupted from all over Vaskis and started enveloping Juuras' body. Amazingly Junnah noticed the gashes and burn marks all over Juuras' body begin to close down, and seeping blood retreat back to punctured veins.

"I won’t allow you to steal my victory today as your father once has!" Vaskis spat with quite a bit of effort. Then he screamed. "WAKE UP!!!"

With that, Juuras took a deep breath and opened his eyes, only to fall asleep under the weight of his injuries and the rest of the ordeal. Everyone save the Vaskis's old partners finally let the breath they've been holding out. Juuras was out of danger, but he still needed medical treatment. Vaskis almost collapsed backwards, but Condor and Marasmus were there to hold their partner up and keep him on his feet.

Junnah came closer. "That was..." He started.

"Welcome to the Fifth Column Lord Junnah!" Vaskis interrupted, and Marasmus and Condor took him away and down the lift. "This was only the beginning." He whispered to his partners.

The next step was the Corellian Councilors in Orlac’s pocket.

Junnah walked up to Juuras' body, and then kicked it. Juuras opened his eyes weakly and looked at him.

Junnah, with a wicked grin said, "We need to talk..."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:47:17 PM EST by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.483 seconds with 23 queries.