The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 05:00:27 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Corellian League Forums are Tapatalk enabled!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)  (Read 12817 times)

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
Re: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2013, 08:48:39 AM EST »

Airgain and Tyrekk spread out, years of operating leading to an instinct between the two.  Tyrekk could see Airgain's eyes glowing from the Force within him, and Tyrekk himself held tightly to Tintagel's gift of energy.   He knew what hurt the shadow, and he would need all of that power to kill it.

He felt the shadow's gaze sweep toward him and ducked behind a cluster of crystals, their own inherent light shielding his presence.  Master Bartos' taunting pulled it's attention - make that her attention - away, and he resumed his careful trek toward the shadow.  Tyrekk and Airgain came together by a cluster right behind her, Liem one cluster over.

The two motioned at Liem to join them and he darted over.  "What's the plan," he muttered.

"Do you feel that energy inside you?  Causing your fingers to tingle?" Airgain asked.  Liem nodded in response.

"That's the Force, a gift from Tintagel," Tyrekk told him, "I have no idea how she did it, but we're going to use it to kill that monster."

"Focus on your rifle.  Imagine it glowing with the energy inside you.  See it pulsing with --"

"Oh, by the Force, you're so dramatic."  Tyrekk snapped at Airgain and turned to Liem.

"Just pretend that energy is moving from your hands into your blaster.  Concentrate really hard on it, then start shooting on our mark.  Ready?"

Liem nodded and Airgain looked calmly at Tyrekk.

"Then let's go."

Tyrekk peeped around the crystals to see Master Bartos racing away from the pursuing shadow.  He nodded at Airgain and the two of them used the Force to close the gap.  Tyrekk filled his lightsaber with all the energy Tintagel had given him and struck.

The shadow screamed in rage and pain, but the three champions continued their onslaught.  Airgain and Tyrekk timed their strikes to coincide with each other while Liem poured blaster fire into it's center.  Both blades and every shot glowed white.

The screams turned to quiet whimpers of pain, and still they struck.  Each blow was justice.  For the lost life of the world.  For the corruption of the cave.  For the attacks on Tintagel.  Finally, the last of the shadows melted away, the cavern fell silent, and every one of the Jedi felt the darkness disperse.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2013, 02:04:24 PM EST »

The dark energy that was the presence of the entity weakened, then ceased to exist.  Tintagel was gritting her teeth in concentration, trying to avoid having her body dissipate directly into the force.  She had never felt such tremendous energy flow into her, through her, before and she barely felt capable of containing it.

She tested the edges of the cavern, but found no trace of the dark presence.  She wanted to wind down this energy channel in some controlled, intelligent way, to preserve her dignity in front of her allies and friends.  In the end, all she had energy for was letting go.  Her body was already limp from exhaustion and her mind was not far behind.  Only her spirit seemed still in control, and she imagined opening it, as she would a hand.

The bubble of force energy started to expand outward from her, running over all the surfaces in the cavern.  The edge of it accelerated, moving with greater velocity until it crashed into the cavern walls and seemed to be absorbed by them to continue on its path through the underground labyrinth.  As it washed over her compatriots, a bright force sheen emerged from their skin, as if they themselves were shining lights.  Tintagel's body collapsed in a heap over the snowflake crystal and then slid onto the cavern floor.  She was totally, utterly spent.  Her breathing was stable, her injuries completely healed, but she had no energy to accomplish even the most basic of muscle functions.

In the recesses of her mind, she again sees the man who had been harvesting the crystals from the cave, returning them to his shed and artfully cutting them to exquisite pieces of focusing jewels.  He has a completed Crystal Snowflake in his hand.  He approaches her and bends down on one knee as if she were a child and presents it to her. "You did it, Snowflake" he says, as a silvery mist floats up from the ground and surrounds them both, like a beginning fog in the spring time on Alderaan. The fog grows thicker, his voices seems to move farther away. "Remember what you have learned", the voice says, sounding more like a faint echo in a large valley.  She struggles to surface and regain consciousness, but slowly she slips away to a restful slumber.  "Remember...", she slurs and her world grows peaceful and dark.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Pendor

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 09:13:12 PM EST »

Pendor was relieved to see that Liem, Tyrekk, and Airgain had gotten the message. Just as he was running out of room to maneuver, they came in blaster and lightsabers blazing. Pendor could feel the entity's force draining, slipping away, until with on final scream, it vanished. Pendor was breathing hard. The entity's chase with him had scared him more than he had cared to realize. However, reaching out now, he realized that the entity was gone. Not a trace of the darkness remained. He breathed out a sigh of relief. Just as he was about to call out to his comrades, he noticed something at his feet. He had almost tripped over a small pile of crystals.

"Strange," Pendor thought, "I don't remember these being here when I was running around before." He reached down and picked them up. There were five in total. One of them felt like it belonged with him. It seemed attuned to his personality, his force imprint. But the other crystals, they all felt... different. Neither one of them the same. In a flash of memory, Pendor realized what he was holding - something no Jedi had seen, let alone held for over 300 years - individually attuned lightsaber crystals. They used to be found infrequently in these very caverns, but none had been seen since Darth Malak had bombarded the planet centuries ago. Now, if Pendor wasn't mistaken, he was staring at five of them - one for each person in the group.

Smiling to himself, Pendor thought that perhaps the Force had meant for this group to come together, and perhaps this was its was of providing them with some reminder of the adventure they had shared. Turning back to the group, he notice Tintagel was back on the ground, sleeping. He didn't sense anything wrong with her, so he assumed the effort of channeling the Force energy of the snowflake crystal had drained her. He stepped over to the others, speaking to them as he handed each of them a crystal, "I found these over in the area where I was running. They seem to have appeared shortly after Malvia was struck down. They are individually attuned lightsaber crystals, which are quite rare. Liem, I believe we should be able to adapt yours for your blaster rifle without too much trouble. Let these crystals serve as a reminder of the adventures we've had."

Looking around at his companions he said, "Thank you once again. Your timely action probably saved me from a nasty fate. Good work bringing down that Force ghost. Now, I believe it is time for us to leave. I'll bring Tintagel along with us as we make our way  back to the spaceport. We can reconvene there for a debriefing. And before anyone rolls their eyes at me about that, consider that it will be far less painful doing it here, than if I dragged you all back to Tython to report to the Council. Since I know how much you all love Council meetings, I thought you might enjoy being able to get back to your business after a short chat with me instead." Chuckling at his little jab at the more unconventional members of his team, Pendor turned, picked up Tintagel with the Force, and began to move back towards the entrance to the ancient ruins.

CymStar

« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2013, 10:21:19 AM EST »

Slowly, Tintagel's subconscious began to stir.  She had the impression of floating, images of her beloved Alderaan's mountains, the crisp clear air, the clouds and herself floating along beside them.   She began to recognize arrangements on the ground and. in her vision, she saw the partially rebuilt House Crystal.  The image blurred, deresolved, and reappeared as a jewel - the Crystal Heart.  She struggled to understand what she was seeing when the image de-rezzed again and was replaced by five points of a snowflake.  Each point was held by one of her father, mother, Cymstar, McTavish and Agnost, with herself at the center of the snowflake.  Again, the image blurred and was replaced by the image of the Crystal Snowflake over the Crystal Heart.  Then, the images were gone.

Which could only mean that her senses were returning to her.  Layer by layer, her senses started to process input to her conscious mind.  The sounds, the smells, and light.  She opened her eyes and saw that the team had exited the cave and were about half-way across the plain, heading towards the spaceport.  Pendor was lifting her in the force.  She asked Pendor politely to set her down and she weakly tried to get to her feet.  The effort was not successful.  Clearly her exhaustion was deeper than her mind was perceiving.  Tyrekk moved quickly to capture his student before her legs gave out completely.  Ever the warrior, he did not offer to force carry her and persuaded Pendor not to either.  Tyrekk steadied her, but forced her to walk.  She was awkward, she stumbled, her brain confused at the difference between what she wanted her legs to do and what they were willing to do.  Step by step, the brain-muscle connection returned.  Her steps grew stronger and Tyrekk removed his support, forcing her to walk on her own.

Ever alert to subtle changes, Tyrekk noticed that for now, the Huntress had stepped aside and a more social Tintagel had stepped in.  She was quite conversational with the group, trying to understand all that had happened while she was acting as a human focusing crystal.  Tyrekk did not understand this side of Tintagel as well as the other, though Pendor and Liem had not trouble with general conversation and Airgain would stop the conversation at keys points in the tale and point out to Tintagel the force principle at work. "Ahh, Airgain", Tyrekk thought to himself. "always the Master teaching the apprentice."  And Tintagel was digesting it all, turning the truths over in her mind.  For his part, Tyrekk would wait for the next time the Huntress returned.  That Tintagel, he could understand.

Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Pendor

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2014, 01:14:24 PM EST »

As the comrades gathered for one last meeting on board Pendor's ship, Pendor began rapidly writing instructions to the Jedi Council, recommending all involved in the operation for one of the Order's oldest awards, the Stone of Awdrysta Pina, for their services to the order and the galaxy. Once everyone was gathered, he began the debrief:

"Lady and gentlemen, this has been one hell of a journey. We have crossed half the galaxy in reality and in spirit. While our journey together ends here, I'm sure we'll meet each other again. I feel that we have created a special bond here in the Force which will be tough to break. It appears the entity named Malvia has finally been defeated. I have already received reports of Jedi recovering across the galaxy. I want to thank you all once again for your actions and your heroism in the face of fear and darkness. May the Force be with you wherever your journeys take you. Oh, by the way Liem, I believe you'll find orders and payment for a new platoon of Mando warriors to be brought to Corellia waiting for you on your holoterminal."

With that, Pendor sat back in his chair and said, "Unless anyone else has anything they'd like to add, I believe we can consider this case wrapped up."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:08:51 AM EST by Pendor »

CymStar

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2014, 07:16:31 PM EST »

As the gathering started to dissipate from Pendor's briefing room, Tintagel was lost in thought as she rounded the table for the exit.  She was walking by Tyrekk, when he reached out with his right hand and grasped her forearm. She turned and faced him.

"You OK, Snowflake", Tyrekk asked.  There was no mushy, emotional content to the question.  How could there be?  This is Tyrekk.  Tintagel's eyes narowed.  

That's better, Tyrekk thought, the Huntress is still the master of the mental territory.

"I'm feeling much better, Tyrekk,"
Tintagel replied. " Thank you.  And I want to say thank you, again, for the training you gave me in operating without the force as a crutch.  It is an important thing to remember.  Should you have time, in the future, I would like to invite you to House Crystal on Alderaan.  I think that all of my family would do well to have training from you.  I especially would like to ask you to be our consultant when we are ready to set up our training room.  Will you consider this?"

"I guess I could consider it", Tyrekk responded nonchalantly.

They grasped each other's right forearm.  Tyrekk put a subtle but firm pressure on Tintagel's forearm.  Tintagel was not surprised and returned a grasp of equal strength. At some subliminal level these two understood one another and each had shared a new insight and skill with the other.  Tintagel released her grip and turned to the exit.  It was time to go home.  She was not certain what everything in her visions meant, it would take time to sort it all out.  But in her heart, she was certain that she could return home now and she felt the anticipation building to breathe the crisp clear air of Alderaan.

But if she ever needed a pack to hunt with, she knew where she could find the best in the galaxy.  And if Airgain happened to be there, he would be able to explain all  in force principles that would give Tintagel more to think about.  She radioed ahead to the spaceport so her crew could ready her ship for the return to Alderaan.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:18:23 PM EST by CymStar »

Pendor

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2014, 01:00:42 AM EST »

Pendor watched the remaining members of the team that had toppled a dark spirit and saved the galaxy leave his ship and head their separate ways. In his heart, Pendor knew that he would see them again some day. He knew that the bond they had forged from the shattered spirit they defeated would last beyond any one of their lifetimes through the Force. As the last stragglers left his ship chatting it seemed about a visit to Alderaan and some training involving Tintagel's family, Pendor closed the hatch of his ship and began his pre-departure checklist.

Satisfied that all seemed well in the Force, or as well as it could be given the war with the Sith, Pendor departed Dantooine, making one last pass over the ruins of the Jedi Enclave that had so many years before housed Revan and Malak before their fall. As he left the planet's atmosphere, he punched in the hyperspace coordinates in the nav computer and with the familiar jerk behind his navel and with the characteristic streaking of the stars, he moved off into hyperspace, traveling back to his rooms on Tython, looking forward to some peaceful rest and relaxation...

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2014, 05:31:00 AM EST »

Tyrekk watched Tintagel go, a thoughtful look on his face.  She had talent, and with a little work it might even manifest beyond the skill she all ready possessed.  When it came time to hunt, he knew where to find a kindred spirit.

Airgain came up behind him and Tyrekk shook away his reverie.

"Care to give me a lift?  I think it's time I got my ship back."

Airgain nodded.  "Where do you need to go?" he asked.

"Well, the ship's impounded on Ziost, if it hasn't been disassembled all ready.  Since we can't fly there in your Defender, just drop me on Nar Shaddaa.  It's been a while since I've been to the dregs of the galaxy."

Airgain shook his head in exasperation.  "Some day, you must explain to me how you get into these messes."

The two old friends walked down the gangplank and watched as Pendor took off, then headed for Airgain's ship and the next mission.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Liem

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2014, 06:21:17 AM EST »

Liem said his goodbye's to the group and headed towards his starship. Upon getting there he checked his message terminal and confirmed the order for the hiring of some of his vod. Thank the stars, maybe now I'll be able to get something done on Corellia.

He sent a message to Pendor, making sure he knew Liem was grateful, then input the coordinates for Corellia and settled back to have a solid nap before meeting his platoon of Mandolorian commando's with which he'd be able to take the fight to yet another enemy on another world.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Airgain

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2014, 11:17:27 AM EST »

Airgain settled into the pilot's seat of his Defender and took off. He watched as the sun started to set. Airgain felt a tingle in the force as he left the atmosphere. He set course for Narr Shada. He went to his room and started to meditate. Pictures came to him of the peaceful ice fields of Hoth. There was no wind blowing the sun was high and a herd of tauntauns were moving across a glacier in the distance. Airgain didn't sense any darkness. He came out of his meditation and dropped Tyrekk at a Republic spaceport and said his goodbye to his old friend and brother.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"General Airgain requesting permission to land."

"Permission granted General be carefull out there sir," came landing control.

Airgain hoped the tram back to the front. He went to his tent. Errikk was sitting on his bed. He looked up at Airgain. Airgain saw tears in his eyes. Errikk was holding dogtags.

"We're the only ones left," he said.

Airgain froze. He hung his head and sat next to his cousin and put his arm around him.

"When?" Airgain asked.

"Gap took a rocket. Torch, sniper. Yesterday."

"That's it then. The rest of the original squad is gone. I think it's time to move up our cycle. I'll put in the order."

Airgain grabbed his datapad and began to make out the order. He got a response immediately.

"We'll be cycled out next week. In the mean time, we stick to patrols and no offensives."

Errikk nodded. Airgain went outside.

Out of the darkness and into the misery, he thought. He held the attuned crystal in his hand. The crystal was a deep orange with a blue glow. He grabbed his lightsaber and went to work putting it in. He smiled as he went to work. He knew something would call him to join in with many more people but something told him that next time Errikk would be coming with.

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 22 queries.