The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:14:05 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)  (Read 12754 times)

CymStar

Re: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 08:35:57 PM EDT »

Tintagel had felt it.  It was the same presence as in her earlier vision.  Her hands went to her light sabers. She loosed them from her belt and advanced on the entrance cautiously.  She could see Airgain and an ally advancing on the entrance from the exterior.

Then, she was back in the computer lab, the scene unfolding as it had before.  Data processing center, maybe.  The subtle sound of machinery, computer motors whining, fan motors cooling, filled the room.  Her force sense tingled with danger.  She drew her twin lightsabers from her belt and walked silently around the computer mainframes.

As she turned the corner, she saw that she was near an outside aisle, with the computer banks on her left and a row of windows on her right.  Carefully, attentively, she worked her way to the center of the aisle and down towards the opposite corner.  Near the midpoint, the mainframes gave way to an anteroom on the left.  As she cleared the last mainframe and entered the opening of the anteroom, she saw him.  Or perhaps felt him.  Six feet tall or so, green and brown robes ruffled gently in the breeze created by his movement.  He was surrounded with a dark aura, and Tintagel could not discern any facial features.

He did not make any threatening moves, but continued to approach Tintagel.  She moved her thumbs to ignite the lightsabers.  To her surprise, neither ignited.  "They won't help you here, little girl", a disembodied voice told her.  Panic began to rise in her throat, and her forehead started to perspire.  She started to open space between her and her opponent, moving away from the anteroom opening.  Her entire attention was focused on her opponent, yet she still tried to ignite her lightsabers.  Why wouldn't they ignite? He moved smoothly, without haste.  He cupped his hands in front of his body and with a barely perceptible movement directed a blast of force energy towards Tintagel.

She couldn't move out of the way in time, and the force caught her square in the chest, lifting her off her feet and propelling her towards the windows.  She felt her back crash into the first window, felt the pane of glass bend then break and she was flowing out into the atmosphere.  In despair she now recognized that she was several stories above the ground.  As the force of the blast wore off, her trajectory changed from out to down and she started her fall towards the ground.

She unexpectedly hit something very solid and the air went out of her lungs.  She was back at the Green Jedi Enclave entrance, but lying against the far wall and the floor. One of the lightsabers she had believed she was unable to ignite was sticking out of the wall, buried to the hilt, with a very real burn mark in the parasteel wall.  They were definitely working.

She drew the force to herself working to shield her mind from further intrusion.  She leaned forward and moved from her prone position to both hands and one knee.  She definitely felt sore, so she had hit the wall with a reasonable amount of force.  And again she needed to battle the anxiety attacking her mind.   But she saw nothing...

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:38:33 PM EDT by CymStar »
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Airgain

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2013, 12:11:50 AM EDT »

"Nah, he's clear. Let's move," said Tyrekk.

Airgain remained wary. Something was off. The trooper was to tense for the area. Even boys right off the front weren't that tense and agitated looking. Airgain monitored him out of the corner of his eye. They continued to the Enclave. Then Airgain felt a jolt. Tyrekk grabbed his arm.

"I sense it to," Airgain said.

They both grabbed their lightsabers. Airgain dropped into the familiar soresu form, but didn't ignite his lightsaber. Tyrekk was also at the ready with his lightsaber drawn. They both advanced into the Enclave. Airgain could see Tintagel just beyond the entrance. She disappeared. Airgain and Tyrekk both moved into the Enclave. Airgain felt a dark presence try to enter his mind. Airgain pushed back with the force. He closed his eyes and let the light flood his mind and fire back. The dark reseeded but not without leaving a message.

"You will not have it. If you try anything, we will kill all you care about. Starting with your cousin." There was a sickening laugh after it, then the darkness was gone.

Airgain opened his eyes and looked at Tyrekk.

"Did you..."

Tyrekk growled and nodded.

Airgain looked around. He saw Tintegal sprawled out on the ground against the opposite wall. One of her lighsabers was ignited and in the wall. He then realized that his was ignited. He deactivated it. He ran over to her. He saw the hilt of the other across the floor. He reached out with the force and retrieved the lightsaber on the floor as she sat up on one knee.

"You alright? Come on, talk to me," He shook her a few times.

She looked up at him and he saw something in her eyes for a moment and then it was gone. He felt something in that second and then it was gone. Airgain cringed as a dark presence again assaulted his mind. He retaliated again, but this time the attack didn't back down. Airgain then drew into himself and went to the deepest part of himself. There the light was the brightest in him. He let it out. He felt the darkness retreat as if it was burning. He heard a faint scream. The dark retreated from his mind. He found himself outside of the Enclave again. He blinked a few times. Then he saw the trooper from just outside the tram station. Airgain then saw his lightsaber in the man's gut. The man dropped a cylinder from his hand and went limb. Airgain deactivated his lightsaber and the man fell. He bent down and removed the man's helmet. The face of a Sith was there. Airgain looked at the cylinder again. It was a lightsaber. The darkness wasn't completely gone. There was still a strong dark presence pressing. It was soon gone from Airgain's mind but still present. Airgain ran back into the Enclave. He wasn't sure what he would find.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:58:51 PM EDT by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare

CymStar

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:35 PM EDT »

"You alright? Come on, talk to me," He shook her a few times.

Tintagel started to speak but her mind was assaulted again. She could not keep the anxiety from her eyes, but concentrated on shielding her mind.  She didn't have time to tell Airgain what she was going through, only time to draw on the force, time to try reinforcing her sense of her own identity.  Airgain looked into  her eyes with compassion and worry.  Then something happened and his focus became more demanding of his attention.  To Tintagel's mind it seemed as if there was a battle going on inside Airgain as well.

She placed her hand on her lightsaber hilt and switched it off.  Airgain had called the other to him as she was getting up.  Now she hung both of them on her belt.  It was likely that this battle would not be one where lightsaber use was safe, possibly not even effective.  She must learn the identity behind the attacker and work diligently on building a better barrier for her mind.  If she lost that battle, the lightsabers would be irrelevant.  She stood up, though her legs were a little wobbly, and walked quickly in the direction Airgain had headed.  She would provide such help as she could against whatever they found there.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Liem

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 11:41:58 PM EDT »

Liem saw the two jedi in front of him stiffen, draw their lightsabers and run towards the enclave. As soon as he saw that Liem grabbed his helmet and sealed it then took off after the jedi. Arriving at the doors Liem saw one jedi on the ground and the other two standing near her so he began scanning the area for threats.

He saw the trooper from before approaching the enclave much too casually considering two jedi and a trooper had just run past them. Liem tagged him and signalled two other troopers to close in and challenge the individual however before they could get there one of the jedi approached him and put a saber in his gut without saying anything.

"Haar'chak Jetii we could've asked him some questions, particularly how he got so far behind our lines with no suspicion."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:51:06 PM EDT by Liem »
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Pendor

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 08:22:26 PM EDT »

Pendor stepped from the shadows he had used to cloak his approach. He saw the hilt of the lightsaber sticking out of the trooper. He saw Airgain's discovery of the Sith face behind the trooper's mask. "This is a most alarming turn of events. Shame he was killed before we could question him, though I doubt he would have succumbed to a Jedi mind trick or conventional questioning," he told the others. "But perhaps this isn't a total loss," Pendor noted as he reached down and rummaged through the "trooper's" gear. He found an odd looking code cylinder which he held up. "This isn't Republic issue. In fact, if I'm not much mistaken, this is an Imperial code cylinder. Perhaps we will find something useful on it."

Suddenly he felt a dark presence trying to seep into his mind. First it was ebb, a mere gentle push. But it became increasingly sharper, until it began to feel like it was a wedge trying to be driven into his mind. Fortunately, Pendor had experience shielding his and others minds. It was one of the skills that had let him rise through the Jedi Order so quickly. He fortified his mental defenses and realized that this same presence was attempting to attack others within his group. He quickly extended his mental shield outwards. "I just sensed the dark attack you all have been getting the past few minutes. I have some experience with group mental shielding, so I have attempted to shield your minds as well. This will weaken me a bit, so I may need you all to pick up some more work that I normally do," he informed the others.

"This turn of events is troubling. I must contact Master Shan. Please meet me in the enclave meeting room in an hour," with that Pendor turned to head to some private quarters to make his call to Satele and to view the Imperial code cylinder, but then he noticed the trooper standing behind the other Jedi: "You must be the trooper Tintagel mentioned. I'm afraid I can't speak with you at the moment, but if you'll join the others in the briefing room, we can talk later." Then Pendor turned for the quarters that he had had assigned to him by Master Halcyon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Satele Shan had just finished her normal greeting when Pendor interrupted her: "Pardon me, Satele, but I have some bad news. There was almost a second destruction of the Green Jedi Enclave moments ago by a Sith posing as a trooper. He was unfortunately killed before we could question him. He was carrying an Imperial code cylinder which contained some new information. Apparently, the holocron we are seeking was lost before it reached Imperial command on Corellia. The Dark Council assumed the Green Jedi had reclaimed it, thus the Sith sent to attack the Enclave. However, the Dark Council was mistaken. The holocron is not at the Enclave. It seems its out lying around Corellia somewhere. Normally I wouldn't ask this, as we keep this secret closely guarded, but given the circumstances, I'd like to request permission to use the crystal signature of the holocrons to program some scanners to pick up the holocron's location. I can't think of any other way to effectively find the holocron on a planet as big as Corellia."

Shan responded, "Agreed. I like the idea about as much as you do, but I don't think it can be helped. You have my permission to program the signature into the scanners. Just be careful not to let that information fall into enemy hands. The results of that happening would be disastrous."

With that, Shan closed the line. Pendor got up and went to the Green Jedi's requisition room; he picked up five scanners and quickly did the programming needed for the scanners to pick up the signature of Jedi holocrons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pendor entered the briefing room ten minutes later to find the group of Jedi and one trooper sitting around the table. "Gentlemen, and lady, as you are aware, the suspicious trooper we found was in fact a Sith Lord. The code cylinder he was carrying had his instructions on it. The holocron we are looking for never made it to Imperial Command. It is lost somewhere in Coronet City, though the Sith thought the Green Jedi had recovered it."

Pendor then passed out the scanners he had programmed to them all. "These scanners have been programmed to detect the unique crystalline structure of Jedi holocrons. This information is closely guarded by the Jedi High Council, but I have received permission to use it given the situation. I must warn you that you will not be able to view the actual pattern and that any attempt to tamper with the scanner will wipe its memory of the holocron's signature. I cannot stress enough that these scanners cannot fall into enemy hands. While these scanners will help us to find the holocrons, they are not particularly accurate. They will only tell you if a holocron is within 100 meters of your location. It will beep twice if it is within 50 meters of your location. Beyond that you will have to do some looking for it.

"Trooper, I'm afraid I need to draft you for this search. The outcome is too important. If you'll hang back for a few minutes, we can have that discussion before you go out to help the others search. As for the rest of you, Tyrekk and Airgain, you take Labor Valley; Tintagel, you handle the spaceport and its surroundings; trooper, after our discussion I'd like you to start scanning the Axial Park area; I'll take the Government district."

With that, Pendor ended the meeting...

Liem

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 12:34:32 AM EDT »

Liem stood from the conference table and hooked his helmet on his belt. Walking up to Pendor he gripped the Jedi master's arm in a traditional Mando greeting.

"So your the famous Master Pendor all these Jetii have come all this way to meet. My name's Liem Korre, Mando mercenary currently employed by the Republic military. You'll have to excuse the trooper armor but my normal beskar'gam makes me kinda stand out around here."
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Pendor

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 04:54:00 AM EDT »

"Su'cuy, Liem. Pleasure to meet you," Pendor said as he rose from the table returning Liem's Mandalorian greeting. "The uniform is no problem. I worked alongside a number of your brothers when I led some of our forces against the Sith when they invaded Corellia. Again sorry about having to draft you into this, but my fellow Jedi and I are searching for something of extreme importance. Now, how can I help you? Tintagel said you wished to speak with me."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 06:42:36 PM EDT »

Tyrekk bowed and headed out, Airgain with him.  The two of them headed for the tram station, and headed for Labor Valley.

They stepped off the tram and glanced at each other.

"Should we split up?" Airgain asked.  "Should you lighten up a bit?" Tyrekk shot back.

"There is no emotion, there is peace."

Tyrekk rolled his eyes.  "Not the answer I was looking for.  I'll start down near the zoo, work my way north.  May the Force be with you, brother."

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 05:20:38 PM EDT »

The tram ride back to the spaceport had been uneventful.  Tintagel exited the tram and hoofed it over to the spaceport to begin scanning.  She was most surprised when the scanning device indicated a finding to her left.  She turned and entered the room adjacent to the main foyer.  Here, she saw a pair of turbolifts, with the scanner indicating in the direction of the south lift.  She entered and found just two settings.  She calmed herself and pushed the upper level button.  The lift began to rise quickly and Tintagel began counting seconds to have a sense of how many floors might exist between the foyer and this upper level.

The turbolift stopped and the doors opened, Tintagel stepping out into the anteway and feeling a cold presence descend on her thoughts.  Cautiously, she began working her way around the hall.  She soon cam to an outside aisle which turned to her left, proceeding down the length of this portion of the building.  About halfway down, their looked to be another aisle off to the left, going back towards the building center.  As she approached the opening, she could see banks of computers.   Data processing center, maybe.  The subtle sound of machinery, computer motors whining, fan motors cooling, filled the room.  Her force sense tingled with danger.  She drew her twin lightsabers from her belt and walked silently around the computer mainframes.

As she turned the corner, she remembered her vision. But things were slightly different.  The computer banks on her left and right and the row of windows behind her.  Carefully, attentively, she worked her way to the center of the aisle and down towards the center of the building.  Near the midpoint, the mainframes gave way to an anteroom on the left.  As she turned towards the aisle, she saw him.  Or perhaps felt him.  Six feet tall or so, green and brown robes ruffled gently in the breeze created by his movement.  He was surrounded with a dark aura, and Tintagel could not discern any facial features.

He did not make any threatening moves, but continued to approach Tintagel.  She moved her thumbs to ignite the lightsabers.  To her surprise, neither ignited.  "They won't help you here, little girl", a disembodied voice told her.  Panic began to rise in her throat, and her forehead started to perspire.  She started to open space between her and her opponent, moving away from the anteroom opening.  Her entire attention was focused on her opponent, yet she still tried to ignite her lightsabers.  Why wouldn't they ignite? He moved smoothly, without haste.  He cupped his hands in front of his body and with a barely perceptible movement directed a blast of force energy towards Tintagel.

Perhaps the visions, rather than instruments of her opponent used to frighten her or convince her of a pre-determined outcome, were preparation in the force.  Here, when she knew the end that the visions had portrayed, that she would be caught by the force blast and send out into the atmosphere, a strange things happened.  She had recognized the vision early in the encounter.  Her brain had flipped to combat mode and had not succumbed to fear, to anxiety.  When her opponent sent the force blast  in her direction she did a quick force leap and cartwheel out of the area and the blast went by her, blowing out the window several meters away from the building.

She discerned a small amount of confusion and frustration in her opponent.  He charged at her, igniting his lightsaber and bringing it forward in a powerful downward stroke.  Instinctively, Tintagel brought her lightsaber blades over her head in a defensive 'X' pattern, forgetting that they had not ignited.  Swiftly the stranger's stroke came down on Tintagel, her eyes growing wide with recognition and understanding.
Then, with a large, bright splash of energy and sound, her opponent's blade stopped in the intersection of the defensive x and section's of Tintagel's lightsaber blades appeared against her opponent's blade.

Her confidence grew with this new knowledge and using the force of her attacker's blow she went to a squat and pirouetted to her left, pushing the red lightsaber away with one blade and executing a leg slash with her other.  The man moved quickly away, but Tintagel's blade sliced a line through his robes and the smell of burned fabric filtered into the air.  She sent a force blast of her own into her opponent and sent him back into the rows of computers.  She sprang up and charged after him, but arrived at her opponent's landing site to find him gone.  She cast her force sense around, tensed ready for a counter-attack, but there was no presence in the force.  He was totally, inexplicably, gone.

Liem

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 06:55:49 PM EDT »

"Yeah, I wanted to know about the reinforcements I was promised two months ago. This city's lost without them and the other Jetii generals won't hire more of my vod because they think we're a liability."

Liem folded his arms and leaned back against the table so as not to tower over Pendor. This situation had been giving Liem more than a few sleepless nights while he was at the front. He wanted to hit back at the Imperials every time he saw a trooper killed by one of their snipers or some hut'uunla mercenary who used civilians as shields. Usually on those sleepless nights Liem would sneak over to the Imperial lines and kill the sentries then slip away before the guard change. It gave only small satisfaction but it kept him sane.

"As for this new mission, long as I'm gettin paid and gettin to kill Imps I don't much care what the job is. If this scanner," Liem picked up the scanner and turned it on, "can find holocron's and there's one in the Axial Park area then consider it found. Right after I return to my ship and change into my beskar'gam, when I'm goin out by myself I always prefer something that I can fight dar'jetii in."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:05:32 PM EDT by Liem »

Pendor

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 08:58:24 PM EDT »

"I'm afraid that even Jedi Masters don't make that much. I can't offer you any great pay for your services helping us with the scanning. What I can offer you is the reinforcements you've asked for. I can give the generals a provisional order to hire more of your vod and make the orders official with the council when I speak with them," Pendor replied to Liem, "At any rate, I think we best get moving."

Pendor moved to leave the room when his comm started flashing red. Pendor quickly flicked it on to be greeted by the image of Satele Shan. Pendor noticed that the message was being broadcast to all the members of the Jedi Council. The image of Satele began speaking: "Master Jedi, there has been an incident at the Jedi Temple on Tython. Your presence is requested for an emergency meeting of the full council in fifteen minutes. Shan out."

Pendor was startled. He looked quickly at Liem before saying, "This isn't good. The full council is never called in unless something major has happened. This incident must be serious. I have to take this. Meet back here once you've finished searching Axial Park. May the force be with you."

Pendor then left the room quickly, walking swiftly to the Green Jedi's council chambers.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pendor entered the chambers to see Master Halcyon standing in the middle of the room by himself. He looked up, "I assume you got the message. As the Green Jedi's representative on the Council, I was about to holocall in. I assume you want to join me." "That would be much appreciated," Pendor replied. One minute later they were staring at a hologram of the full council sitting in the circle of chairs that made up the Jedi High Council's chambers.

Master Satele Shan began the council meeting shortly after that: "Master Bartos, Master Halcyon thank you for joining us. Now that we are all here we should begin. Fellow council members, we are experiencing a crisis here at the Temple on Tython. Every day more and more Jedi are showing up half-mad, seeing visions of dark spirits. I myself have felt a dark presence trying to press on my mind. It started two days ago with three Padawans coming in saying they were having strange dreams, then collapsing. Now we have over 70 Jedi in the healing chambers with the same symptoms. Unless we can find what is causing this menace soon, we may shortly find the Jedi Order incapacitated."

At that moment, Master Kyroth shouted, "He is coming! He shall crush us all! I have seen him! I have seen him!" And with that, Master Kyroth fell over, unconscious. Panic and chaos reigned in the council chambers for minutes with cries like "If it happened to Kyroth it can happen to all of us!" and "This force can even strike council members?!" Finally, Satele Shan brought order to the room with a loud shout. "This is a most disturbing turn of events. But it highlights the danger we are facing. I called this meeting to inform you of this and to call a vote to declare the Jedi Order to be in a state of emergency. If that motion carries all Jedi will be diverted from their current missions to look for this dark presence. We must stop it." The vote was unanimous. The Jedi Order was declared to be in a state of emergency for the first time since the sacking of the Jedi Temple of Coruscant. The meeting then ended with a "May the Force be with you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pendor began to walk towards the government district when his comm started blinking. He answered it to find Satele's image. Looking rather tired she said, "Pendor, I didn't tell the other Jedi this because I thought it might cause a panic, but I too have begun to be affected by the entity. I have been shielding myself as much as possible but it is taxing. I believe that the dark presence you are after is the source of the problem. Your search has just become priority number one for the Jedi. Anything we can do to help you, we will."

Pendor reported back, "We are in the midst of a search to find the missing holocron on Coruscant. We are close to finding it. Hopefully, once we do, we can discover the source of this darkness. I will keep you informed. Stay strong, Satele. May the Force be with you."

Pendor ended the call feeling very disturbed. He moved to begin his search of the government district with a renewed urgency. He swore to himself that he would save Satele and the other Jedi. Promising to inform his comrades of the development when they returned from their search, he began scanning the government district...

Airgain

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 11:22:36 PM EST »

Airgain left Tyrekk, heading to the opposite end of the sector. He looked around at the once glorious factories, now reduced to sectors of fighting and a never ending fire. Airgain activated the scanner every hundred meters to allow the area to be scanned twice over just in case the scanner failed. Nothing. He kept going, keeping an open mind in case of sniper fire.

He stopped at a junction in the street. He heard blaster fire and shouting. He clipped the scanner to his belt and drew his lightsaber but didn't activate it. He ran in the direction of the shouting. He reached the shouting in a matter of minutes. He saw Republic troops pinned down by a walker and siege battle droids. A Sith was in the backround sending his troops forward.

Why aren't they moving the walker forward?

He watched a platoon of Imperial soldiers move forward and bend down to start working on something. A shot rang out and an explosion. The soldiers were dead. He an insignia on ones helmet as it landed on the ground.

An Engineering Brigade. MINES!

Airgain understood why the Sith didn't advance. He moved back behind the walker just before a blaster bolt went were his head was and landed on the ground.

Sniper. He smiled.

His gladness didn't last long. He saw the walker turn it's head toward him and fire. Airgain didn't try to block the bolts. He dove behind cover. He slowly moved up to the soldiers.

"Glad to see you Master Jedi," said the Lieutenant.

"General actually" said Airgain twisting his shoulder a little to let the small insignia that gave his military status as a General show.

The soldiers all gave a small salute. Airgain returned it.

"Name, rank, and situation," said Airgain in a cool yet commanding voice.

"Sir, Lieutenant Crosten, 128th, 1st platoon, we're to make sure that walker doesn't get beyond this point."

"Any air support?"

"Negative, all air support is cut off because of an AA turret just beyond that building and we can't get to it. Sir all we have are our blasters, a few grenades, those mines, and a sniper over-" the Lieutenant started to move his arm to point where the sniper was sitting.

Airgain grabbed his arm, "Don't do that! You'll give away his position!"

"Sorry sir."

Airgain thought for a moment. He looked around. He heard another boom and saw Imperial armor fly by them. A soldier added another tick to the wall. Another soldier taped his datapad.

"How many mines are left?" he asked.

"Not many sir," said the soldier with the datapad. The voice was feminine.

"You an engineer?"

"Yes sir," she responded.

"You with me, the rest of you give us cover."

"BUT SIR-" started the Lieutenant.

"Trust me," Airgain said. The Lieutenant nodded.

"Private cover the Jedi that is about to go out," said the Lieutenant into a com,"That goes for the rest of you as well."

Airgain gave a three count as the troops got into position.

"Now!" he yelled.

A soldier went out and threw a concussive grenade. Airgain heard go off and the walker deactivate for a while. The soldier that threw it barely got back behind cover. Airgain and the engineer ran. She followed him to across the way. Airgain stopped as she caught up. He grabbed her around the waist and used the force to jump into and opening in the side of the building. They ran down the building till they were behind the enemy. As they rounded a corner, they found imperial troops sitting in the hall. The two groups looked at each other. Then everything went into motion as the Imperials grabbed their rifles, Airgain gathered the force in both hands and threw it forward. The imps went sprawling. In the end there were a lot of dead bodies and groans of wounded men.

Airgain continued with the engineer till they were behind the walker. He grabbed the engineer around the waist again.

"Wait," she said.

Airgain looked at her. She removed her helmet and dropped it on the ground. She had blonde hair and light skin that was a little dirty from combat. She kissed him.

"For luck," she said.

"Only the Force," he replied and jumped down.

The Sith saw them coming and drew his lightsaber. Airgain soften the landing and let the Engineer go. She opened fire on the Soldiers and ran for the walker, pulling out charges and shooting as she ran. The Sith threw his lightsaber at her. Airgain threw his in an interception. The lightsabers collided and returned to their owner's hands. Airgain blocked incoming blaster fire as he and the Sith walked toward each other. The sniper shot at the Sith. Instead of running, the Sith blocked it. Airgain shook his head. The sniper must have seen it because he started picking off soldiers instead.

"YOU'RE MINE!!!" shouted the Sith and ran at him.

Airgain raised his lightsaber and blocked a blow to his head. They exchanged blow after blow. Airgain worked to turn the tables on the Sith. He rotated the Sith till his back was to the walker, the Republic troops, the sniper and the mines. Airgain parried a blow and put the Sith on the defensive. Airgain swung at the Sith's head. The Sith's blade came up to block. Airgain met the ruby blade and gathered the force in his hand. He released it into the Sith's gut. Airgain sensed danger and dove away from the walker just as the Engineer yelled. Two explosions shook the ground.

Airgain got up and dusted off. He looked around. The walker was scrap and the Sith's armor was seen every where but close to each other. The Engineer walked up to him.

"Nicely do-" was all he got out before she kissed him again and walked back to the platoon, picking her way through the mines. Airgain felt something pressed into his hand. He looked at it. It was a datachip. Airgain took out a small datapad and inserted the holochip and downloaded the holofrequency. He slipped the datapad back onto his belt and reached for the scanner. It wasn't there. He looked at the ground and saw something that looked like the scanner but more beat up and sparking.

"Oh well," Airgain sighed, "At least I'm alive."

Airgain started to make his way north to meet up with Tyrekk.

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare

CymStar

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:39 PM EST »

Tintagel was confused as she used her toe to nudge aside the broken computer pieces left behind by her opponent's impact. Her lightsabers, correct that, her perception of her lightsaber's function had returned to normal.  She moved cautiously around the rubble, both lightsabers activated and en guarde when she heard the scanner beep twice.  The beep was so clear and ouit of place that it startled her from her thoughts.

The holocron.  It's here.  With haste she working through the layers of debris, while being more careful now that she had reason.  It took nearly three hours, but her efforts were rewarded.  There, under one of the toppled computer banks, was the jedi treasure which had led to so much trouble.  Quickly, she scooped it up, placed it in her backpack, and headed of to the Green Jedi Enclave.

Her heart beating somewhat faster, she holo'd ahead to the other team members to inform them of her destination and her find.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:38 PM EST »

Tyrekk was scanning about every two hundred meters, and was finding nothing.  Frustration was building, and he finally deactivated the scanner in disgust.  He bit out a curse in Zabraki and settled himself on a piece of debris, gripping a coarse bit of durasteel in his hand.

"Useless technology," he muttered and closed his eyes.  Stretching out with his senses, he settled in and started to walk.

While Airgain's match with a blade, Tyrekk had a fraction of his friend's raw power.  But there was one thing the prodigy couldn't do, and though often cautioned against it Tyrekk was proud of his ability.  The currents of the Force flowed around him, and Tyrekk let them carry him away, using the pain in his hand as an anchor.

Echoes of the past..."...gettin paid and gettin to kill Imps I don't much care what the job is. If this scanner," Liem picked up the scanner and turned it on, "can find holocron's and there's one in the Axial Park area then consider it found. Right after ...

...turbolift stopped and the doors opened, Tintagel stepping out into the anteway and feeling a cold presence descend on her thoughts.  Cautiously, she began working her way around the hall.  She soon cam to an outside aisle which turned to her left, proceeding down the length of this portion of the building.  About halfway down...

...echoes of the present......grabbed the engineer around the waist again.

"Wait," she said.  Airgain looked at her. She removed her helmet and dropped it on the ground. She had blonde hair and light skin that was a little dirty from combat. She kissed him.  "For luck," she said.

"Only the..."

...echoes of the future..."...at the spaceport.  Come on, let's move."

Airgain looked at him curiously.  "How do you know?"

No sooner had the words left his mouth than his holocom started ...

...efforts were rewarded.  There, under one of the toppled computer banks, was the jedi treasure which had led to so much trouble.  Quickly, she scooped it up, placed it in her backpack, and headed ...

In a flash, Tyrekk wrenched himself from the currents and came back to himself.  He unclenched his hand and looked down at the chunk of debris, and the angry white welts in stark contrast to his red skin.  He threw the chunk away and shook away the pain, dwelling on what he had just seen.  The spaceport...

Suddenly his eyes flashed up and his hand went to his lightsaber.  He sensed a powerful Force user nearby, and with as many parties looking as there were he was taking no chances.  "Come out," he called, "or I'll cut you down."

Airgain stepped into view, his hand on his blade.  Both men relaxed when they saw each other and Tyrekk shook his head.  "A little warning would be nice, you know."

"The Force should have been warning enough," Airgain replied.

"Trust but verify," Tyrekk shot back.  "Now let's go, the holocron's been located."

"You found it?" Airgain asked.

Tyrekk shook his head.  "Tintagel did.  It's at the spaceport.  Come on, let's move."

Airgain looked at him curiously.  "How do you know?"

No sooner had the words left his mouth than his holocom started to beep.  Airgain answered and the image of Tintagel popped to life.  "I found it, meet me at the Green Jedi Enclave."

"We're on our way," Airgain said and closed the channel.

"By the way," Tyrekk said, "Nice going with the pretty trooper.  You going to call her?"

He smirked at the look on Airgain's face and the two of them headed for the tram station.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Liem

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2013, 12:48:12 PM EST »

After scanning the park for what seemed to be hours Liem finally took a short break. This is taking way too long, looks like I'm gonna be here awhile. Liem sat down on a bench and took his helmet off to have a bite to eat.

As he did so the holocom built into his forearm beeped and an image of Tintagel appeared in his palm, "I found it, meet me at the Enclave."

"Roger that, I'll be there ASAP", Liem replied before sealing his helmet back in place and taking off at a jog towards the enclave.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 22 queries.