• June 24, 2017, 08:14:38 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read The Jedi Gambit! by Greg "Rackham" Moran aka Kylun

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)  (Read 12755 times)

Pendor

Re: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 09:13:25 PM EDT »

Pendor began searching the ruined second story of the Jedi Temple. He could still see where Malgus' drop ship had crashed through the wall. He could still feel the heat coming off the lightsabers as the Jedi battled with the Sith. He could still remember when he had dueled one of the Sith in the Temple while only a 12 year old Padawan. Pendor could still remember the lightsaber that had appeared in the middle of the Sith's chest and the Jedi Knight who had grabbed him and put him on a ship - the ship that took him to Tython. Pendor had lost his best friend that day in the fighting; the Jedi Temple was a place he could never forget.

Pendor's reminiscence was interrupted by the sound of voices ahead. He quickly cloaked himself in the shadows and moved forward. Ahead were two mercenaries and a man who clearly carried himself like an Imperial agent despite his civilian clothes. Generally, Pendor preferred the Soresu form of fighting, which allowed him to fight many enemies at once while using a defensive technique that could shield others. However, in this case, Pendor opted for the quicker method and snuck up behind the agents and took them out with one lightsaber thrust in the back a piece - all while remaining cloaked and confusing the minds of his enemies.

After defeating them, he was instinctively drawn to an open doorway nearby. His mind reeled with images of the past. This was his room. The room he had shared with his best friend. A friend who had died in the Sith invasion of Coruscant. Pendor walked into the room. On the ground he spotted a model lightsaber that he had built before the sack of the Jedi Temple. He was surprised it had survived. He quickly pocketed it, intending to put it with his possessions on his ship. Then he noticed what was lying on the broken shelves above his friend's old bed - a holocron. He picked it up and turned it on, but rather than seeing something on Dantooine, instead he found it merely displayed a picture of him and his friend with the Temple in the background and a recording of an adventure they hadn't gotten into together near the Senate market place. Tears came to Pendor's eyes as he recalled that day and the memories he could no longer share with his dead friend.

Suddenly, a message in the Force went out from the Force presence of Airgain: "I've found it, but there are complications. Meet me back at the entrance. I will explain everything there." Pendor immediately turned on his heels and ran for the first floor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Once all of the group was gathered at the entrance, Airgain showed them the message on the holocron and Tintagel told the group of her vision. Pendor turned to Tintagel and said, "Looks like you were right about Corellia after all, Tintagel. It appears our next destination will be Corellia."

Pendor then briefed the group on what he had quickly planned for the move to Corellia:
"We need to move to Corellia quickly. There's no telling whether the Imperial agents figured out the same information; we need to make sure we stay ahead of them. So as not arouse suspicion, we will all leave separately on our own ships and make for Corellia. If anyone asks, you are part of a delegation led by myself to visit the Green Jedi Council sent by the Jedi Council on Tython. Once you arrive, we will meet at the Green Jedi Enclave and see what we can find."

With that, Pendor turned and headed for the speeder pad, wondering what he would find on his homeworld, Corellia...

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 10:29:21 AM EDT »

"Yea, about that..." Tyrekk began.

Airgain let out a sigh.  "What did you do this time?"

"Well, it's kind of a funny story.  It involves a false Sith identity, an Imperial Moff, three bounty hunters, and copious amounts alcohol.  Let's just say I'll need to smuggle myself back onto Ziost eventually to get it  back."

The collected group gave him an odd look and he laughed.  "I think we can all agree I'm hardly a traditional Jedi.  So I'll need a ride to Corellia."

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Airgain

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 10:26:18 PM EDT »

Airgain's palm went to his face.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you and Tryvon are related. The two of you get into more trouble then a bounty hunter in a Hutts armory. Why don't I just have you wait here and I'll call Tryvon to come and get you. I'm sure he'll revel in the fact that he has to fly into a war zone, again," Airgain threw up his hands, "Why? WHY? By the Force, WHY do you have to cause more trouble then a mynock an engine compartment?! On second thought don't answer that."

Airgain took several deep breathes and started walking to his speeder and then turned around, "Well, are you coming?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It didn't take long to for Airgain to get back to his ship. From there it was smooth sailing to Corellia.

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare

CymStar

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 12:16:09 AM EDT »

As her ship traveled the hyper space lanes to Corellia, Tintagel went to her chambers for a quick nap.   She laid down, closed her eyes and was transported to Corellia.   She opened her eyes and found herself in a Government building of some kind.  Data processing center, maybe.  The subtle sound of machinery, computer motors whining, fan motors cooling, filled the room.  Her force sense tingled with danger.  She drew her twin lightsabers from her belt and walked silently around the computer mainframes.

As she turned the corner, she saw that she was near an outside aisle, with the computer banks on her left and a row of windows on her right.  Carefully, attentively, she worked her way to the center of the aisle and down towards the opposite corner.  Near the midpoint, the mainframes gave way to an anteroom on the left.  As she cleared the last mainframe and entered the opening of the anteroom, she saw him.  Or perhaps felt him.  Six feet tall or so, green and brown robes ruffled gently in the breeze created by his movement.  He was surrounded with a dark aura, and Tintagel could not discern any facial features.

He did not make any threatening moves, but continued to approach Tintagel.  She moved her thumbs to ignite the lightsabers.  To her surprise, neither ignited.  "They won't help you here, little girl", a disembodied voice told her.  Panic began to rise in her throat, and her forehead started to perspire.  She started to open space between her and her opponent, moving away from the anteroom opening.  Her entire attention was focused on her opponent, yet she still tried to ignite her lightsabers.  Why wouldn't they ignite? He moved smoothly, without haste.  He cupped his hands in front of his body and with a barely perceptible movement directed a blast of force energy towards Tintagel.

She couldn't move out of the way in time, and the force caught her square in the chest, lifting her off her feet and propelling her towards the windows.  She felt her back crash into the first window, felt the pane of glass bend then break and she was flowing out into the atmosphere.  In despair she now recognized that she was several stories above the ground.  As the force of the blast wore off, her trajectory changed from out to down and she started her fall towards the ground.

And snapped awake, dripping wet from sweat.  Her heart rate was rapid and her breathing shallow.  The lingering effects of the dark energy aura were palpable in her chambers.  There would be no nap this trip.  She sat up on the bed, pulled her boots back on and went to the cockpit to monitor the arrival to Corellia.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:55:24 AM EDT by CymStar »
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Pendor

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 04:50:23 AM EDT »

Pendor boarded his ship, loaded the coordinates for Corellia into his hyperspace nav computer, and took off for Corellia. Once he was en route, he contacted Master Shan to update her: "Satele, I've sent you a roster of the Jedi who have joined me on this quest to find the ancient darkness. I assume you received my last update yesterday about what the Sith were after. We now know that the holocron we were looking for was borrowed by the Green Jedi and that it deals with the ruins on Dantooine and your grandfather."

Shan responded, "Be very careful with that subject, Pendor. My grandmother told me of how my ancestpr first fell to the dark side and how those ruins can corrupt people. I assume you are en route to Corellia to speak with the Green Jedi Council, then?"

"Yes. I don't want to raise suspicions with a group of Jedi showing up unannounced to Corellia. The Empire is already after this holocron; we don't need to tip them off any more than we already have. Fortunately, the Empire doesn't know which Jedi are searching for this holocron, and that will be our advantage. Satele, I need you to announce that I am leading a group of Jedi (the same group that is assisting me) to Corellia as part of a legation to the Green Jedi Council. That should provide enough cover for us arriving and should provide a reason for our meeting with the Green Jedi."

"I'll make the necessary arrangements. Be careful, Pendor, word has reached us of a series of terrorist incidents and break ins to high ranking families' buildings on Corellia. We aren't exactly sure what is going on yet, but there is almost certainly something happening on Corellia. And as always, may the Force be with you."

With that, Master Shan closed the channel, and Pendor turned for his room to meditate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pendor began to meditate on what he had learned and on the shadowy darkness he had felt for weeks. But now, the darkness was becoming clearer, not so much a shadow as a shadowy figure. It looked like Revan before his redemption, but Pendor wasn't sure. He noticed a dark aura coming from the figure and reached out to try to find out more.

Suddenly, he was in the middle of the ruins of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine. Ahead of him stood a lone figure wearing black robes with a black mask. "You should not have come, Jedi. Here you shall know temptation... and you will fall," the dark figure said. "I am strong, and I shall prevail over you, shadow. The light shall drive out the dark," Pendor replied. "I am no Sith. I am much older. You have no conception of what you deal with." Then everything went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pendor snapped out of his meditation, disturbed by his vision. He looked at his chronometer and realized that it was too late to call Satele back. Instead he walked to the cockpit of the ship and realized they were near Corellia. The ship dropped out of hyperspace, and Pendor put the ship on manual controls. Somehow, piloting the ship calmed his nerves. He opened a channel to Corellia Space Central:"Corellia Space Central, this is Master Pendor Bartos of the Jedi Council. I am here on an official visit to meet with the Green Jedi Council. I am requesting permission to land."

"Permission granted. On behalf of the Corellia Space Central, welcom to Corellia. Enjoy your stay, Master Bartos," the female voice on the other end of the line said. Pendor piloted his ship to the spaceport and disembarked. He exited the spaceport and headed for the Green Jedi Enclave, lost in thoughts about his vision...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:31:22 AM EDT by Pendor »

Liem

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:01:16 AM EDT »

Liem awoke to the sounds of blasterfire and explosions in the distance. Another day in paradise, those Mercs must be trying to make another push on the perimeter, he thought as he slipped his helmet back on and locked the seals. Jogging towards the noise of the firefight Liem started to wonder what he was still doing here. It had been several months of hard urban fighting all through Corellia's capitol and it seemed that not much progress had been made. Every time they made head way in one place they lost major ground in another area. This situation seems to get more hopeless with each day, And now that the Entity and Empty Night are having their side war I've got even less support than usual.

Upon arriving at the firefight Liem took stock of the situation and deployed troopers accordingly. Soon they had routed the mercenaries and Liem left an extra squad of troops to help repair the portions of fencing that had been damaged in the fighting, meanwhile he decided to head to his ship and get some decent chow and rack time for the first time in four days.

At the spaceport Liem noticed that a couple ships had arrived since he'd left, he spotted a trooper standing next to the entrance and asked "Hey, whose ships are those?"

"A delegation of Jedi or something of the sort, they're still over by their ships if you wanna ask," answered the trooper.

Liem nodded to the trooper, Hopefully that means we're gonna be getting some reinforcements sooner rather than later, it's worth asking about.

He began walking towards the first Jedi he saw, "Hey are you supposed to be our reinforcements?"
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

CymStar

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 01:59:47 PM EDT »

Tintagel tensed as the Republic trooper walked in her direction.  The visions had increased her anxiety.  Instinctively she let er hands fall and rest on her lightsaber handles.  

"Hey are you supposed to be our reinforcements?"

Tintagel took a deep calming breath and let it out slowly.  She reached out in the force to determine if the question was an honest one or bait for a trap.  As she began to calm, she sensed frustration, disappointment, and a twinge of hope, but no evil, no deception.  She moved her hands away from the lightsabers, leaving them hung on her belt.  She worked at bringing up a smile to her face, but wasn't sure the erstwhile trooped would be convinced.  She reached out her right hand to greet him.

"My name if Tintagel," she began.  "But I don't think we are the reinforcements you are looking for.  We seek something evil, a dark presence which has made itself known to Master Pendor Bastos.  We have travelled to Coruscant and now our quest has led us here to Corellia.  I need to reconnect with Master Pendor, we are to meet at the Green Jedi Enclave.  If you wish, you can certainly join us there, in case Pendor has the information you seek.  Since I know nothing of your current assignment, I will leave you to determine if my offer will assist your mission."

Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Airgain

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 11:05:19 PM EDT »

"THE BALLS YOU'VE GOT!!! YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR A WEEK AND NOW YOU ARE RETURNING!!! BUT CAN YOU COME BACK TO THE FRONT?! NOOOOOOOOOO! I'M STUCK UP HERE WITH THE MAN THAT MAKES A MORGUE LOOK BETTER AND BETTER EVERYDAY!!! Honestly, since you left that nerf herder has assigned my squad the most dangerous patrols in our sector. I've had to write five letters since you left. That's five families that lost some fine men." said Errikk.

"Look Errikk, I'll talk with Zereth when I get the time. In the meantime-"

"What?! Continue to watch the green horns get their heads blow off by sniper fire?!"

"No. I'll tell Zereth that he knows that only Havoc should be patrolling those areas, not a random squad with an officer he doesn't like. You maybe ex-Havoc but your squad isn't." Airgain replied.

Errikk frowned, "I miss you cousin."

"I know."

"If you die, I swear I'll hunt Tyrek down and kill him. Then resurrect you just to kill you again."

"Love you too. Bye."

Airgain shut off the holo. The hyperdrive beeped. Airgain made his way to the cockpit. He dropped the ship out of hyperspace. Tyrekk appeared in the cockpit.

"Best for you to keep your mouth shut," he said to Tyrekk.

A hail came in from the spaceport, "General Airgain. Welcome back to Corellia. Your landing bay is open for you. Enjoy the rest of your day."

Airgain ignored Tyrekk's snickering and brought the ship in and landed.

"Time to work," he said heading for the loading ramp.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 01:22:56 PM EDT »

Tyrekk snorted a laugh at Airgain's title.  "General, huh?  Am I supposed to bow or salute or something?"

Airgain ignored him and brought the ship in to port.  While he locked down the ship, Tyrekk headed to the quarters he had been using and slipped out of the simple robe he'd been wearing.  In its place he donned a suit of red body armor woven with cortosis, then picked up his lightsaber and snapped it on.  The bright blue blade tinged the natural light of the room and hummed with a glittering chime, a side effect of the Gree components in his saber.  Tyrekk deactivated the blade and clipped it to his side, then joined Airgain as he descended the boarding ramp.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Airgain

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 11:49:26 AM EDT »

Airgain left the spaceport and headed for the trams. The Enclave wasn't to far but it was far enough that he had to take the trams. He boarded and sat down. He kept an eye open for trouble. Imperial Operatives seemed to have a habit of hiding on board the tram. The tram started moving.

"Keep your eyes open," said to Tyrekk,"You never know what is on the tram. When we get off there is a possibility of sniper fire so keep your head down."

Airgain pulled out his datapad and started writing a message to Zereth and sent it. The tram moved smoothly. In no time they were at the correct district. Airgain left the tram station and kept his eyes open. He saw a trooper walking alone in the direction of the Enclave. The armor was familiar but it wasn't Errikk's. He pointed it out to Tyrekk.

"Keep your eyes on that guy."

They walked to the Enclave and met up with Pendor

Pendor

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 02:56:13 AM EDT »

Pendor walked into the Enclave's Council Chambers and saw the men and women sitting in their chairs, dressed in their trademark green robes. "Good afternoon," Pendor called to the Green Jedi Council, "I'm Master Pendor Bartos of the Jedi Council."

"Greetings, Master Bartos," said one of the Green Jedi Council members rising, "I am Master Luxis Halcyon. I am the leader of the council. How many we assist you?"

"Some fellow Jedi and I have come here in search of an old holocron. It contains information important to a mission I am on. We found that the holocron had been moved here before the sack of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It was about the ruins on Dantooine," Pendor replied.

Halcyon rather bitterly replied, "I know the holocron, Pendor, but you won't find it here. It was stolen during a despicable raid by Imperial forces during the occupation. Now we have another civil war on our hands and among Corellia's own no less. We know the holocron is still on planet, but we don't have the time to look for it ourselves. We'll point you in the right direction, but don't expect much help. We have enough problems without having to run errands for the High Council."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After his discussion with Master Halcyon, Pendor left to find his allies in the search to relay the bad news. On the way to the foyer of the Green Jedi Enclave, he retrieved the holo security footage of the thief that had stolen the holocron...

Liem

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 10:15:47 AM EDT »

Liem thanked Tintagel and told her he would meet her and this Master Bartos at the enclave shortly. He returned to his ship to grab some snacks that he could eat on the way and started heading towards the enclave. As he stepped off the tram he saw two jedi ahead of him and, through the enhanced audio receptors in his helmet, he heard one whisper something to the other but with all the ambient noise he couldn't make out the words. Noticing that they were headed in the same direction Liem figured they must be some stragglers from the group of jedi that had shown up earlier.

As Liem walked along he popped his helmet off and hooked it on the hip of his armor and started eating some Uj cake that he had brought from the ship. Observing the people around him he noticed that the two jedi seemed to be keeping an eye on another trooper who, once he saw it, seemed to be acting slightly more paranoid than a soldier should this close to one of the most secure buildings on Corellia at the time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:37:00 AM EDT by Liem »
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

CymStar

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 10:06:48 AM EDT »

Tintagel caught up with Pendor in the foyer of the Green Jedi Enclave, where he was retrieving data from the computer console.  She shared with Pendor her latest vision and ask whether others of the team had been experiencing similar visions.

Pendor exchanged the information he had gathered from the Green Jedi Council and that the holocron was in Imperial hands.  He shared with her that the file had was retrieving was of the holocron theft. 

"Did it show you anything of value?" she asked.

Pendor

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 07:29:50 PM EDT »

"Yes, it does tell me something. If you look at the markings on the uniform, something isn't right about them. I don't think that's an Imperial military uniform. It looks more like an Imperial Intelligence uniform. Now I understand why the Green Jedi didn't think the holocron had left the planet. From what I've gathered, Imperial Intelligence left most of its agents embedded in Corellian society as sleepers rather than remove them when they withdrew from the system. I may be able to get some information from a contact of -" Pendor told Tintagel breaking off mid-sentence to stare in the direction of the entrance of the Enclave.

"Did you feel just now? I still feel Airgain and Tyrekk closing in on the Enclave, but for a second I thought I felt a malevolent presence, paranoid and nervous. Too nervous for one of the most secure areas of Corellia. We need to investigate. We can't afford another accident in the Enclave area. We'll also be able to catch up with Airgain and Tyrekk who hopefully felt that same disturbance." With that, Pendor cloaked himself in the force and disappeared from sight. For a minute all that could be heard was the sound of muffled, disembodied footsteps heading towards the exit of the Enclave...

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 07:49:10 PM EDT »

Tyrekk looked at the trooper and shook his head.  "Nah, he's clear.  Let's move."

Airgain shrugged and kept moving.  Suddenly, Tyrekk jerked to a halt and grabbed Airgain's arm.

"Yes, I felt it too.". Tyrekk nodded to the entrance of the enclave and both drew their lightsabers, dropping into defensive stances and carefully advancing.

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 22 queries.