The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:41:06 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Corellian League Forums are Tapatalk enabled!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)  (Read 12815 times)

Pendor

Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:26:51 AM EDT »

OOC Discussion Here.

Pendor Bartos' eyes snap open. He looks around him, unsure for a moment of where he is. After a few seconds, he remembers he is in his meditation room in his room in the Jedi Temple on Tython. For weeks he has been feeling something dark, murky creeping at the edges of the Force. Tonight, that darkness became large and terrible for just an instant. That was what had broken Pendor's meditation. For the past few weeks he has been trying to pinpoint this shadowy darkness that he has sensed. Tonight he has finally succeeded, and this has confirmed his fears that a new threat is looming. Pendor grabs his robes and walks to the Jedi Council's chamber in the Temple to contemplate the situation.

Pendor sits down in the seat which belongs to him as a member of the Council and again reaches out, only to find the old murky shadow of darkness the he had sensed for weeks. "Pendor, I thought I sensed your presence here," comes a voice from the entrance to the room. Pendor looks up to see Satele Shan, his fellow council member and former mentor walking into the room. "I have sensed a growing darkness looming at the edges of the Force, Satele. Tonight for a split second I felt it as an overpowering darkness. I could not make out the origin point of it, which bothers me. There is something out there, and we have no idea of what it is or where it is coming from," Pendor replies.

"I too have sensed the darkness, but I have never felt it as more than a shadow. We need to find out more," Satele says. "I'll contact my 'close friend' to find out more [OOC note: i.e. his wife, called "close friend" by the Council to hide the truth from others]. If I can get more information, I will head out to investigate," Pendor tells Satele. Satele replies, "You are a member of the Council now, you don't need our permission to leave anymore. Wherever your travels lead, may the Force be with you." With that, Satele leaves Pendor to his own thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pendor returns to his room and pulls up a secure com channel. He punches in the secret code and the face of his "close friend", Thirasa, appears. "I hope this is urgent; I'm in the middle of a delicate operation, dear," says Thirasa. "I wouldn't bother you otherwise. For weeks I have sensed a disturbance in the force. Tonight, it manifest itself for a split second as a looming, pressing darkness. I need to more about this darkness, but I couldn't sense the location or the nature of this darkness. I was hoping you might know more about this through your contacts Imperial Intelligence," replies Pendor. "I don't know much more than you do, I'm afraid. All I know is the Dark Council spur of the moment ordered a special ops job on Coruscant. The operatives were to gather mercenaries on Coruscant to raid the ruins of the Jedi Temple to search for something. The actual object was classified above my clearance," Thirasa tells Pendor. "Then my course is set. I will travel to Coruscant in search of more information. Oh, and when you're done with your op, send me a message to me. I'll see if I can't work out a time to meet up with you," Pendor tells Thirasa as he ends the transmission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early the next morning, Pendor boards his Jedi Defender and leaves for Coruscant. Upon arriving, he cloaks himself with the Force to avoid drawing unwanted attention and heads for a local cantina, hoping he'll find one of the Imperial agents sent to find mercenaries...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:25:58 AM EDT by Pendor »

Airgain

Re: Ancient Secrets (OPEN RP)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:59:02 PM EDT »

Airgain returned to the forward command post on Corellia. Errikk had stayed behind and sent Airgain ahead with his report. The day had been uneventful. He handed his report to Colonel Zereth.

"How was everything, Master Jedi?" asked Zereth.

"Not much to tell. The Empire didn't launch an offensive today but there is a darkness building on their side. They will attempt another offensive soon," Airgain replied.

"Noted Master Jedi."

Airgain turned and walked out of the command post. There weren't many Imperials left on Corellia. Just pockets of them still trying to take the planet. Airgain had a growing hunch that they were smuggling reinforcements, arms, and other essentials on to the planet. He continued to walk to the tent that he and Errikk called home. It wasn't their apartment on Coruscant or their safe house on Hoth or their Uncle's place on Nar Shaddaa, but here in the field, it was home.

Airgain went inside and sat down on his bed. He went to reach for his datapad when a chill went through him. He felt a disturbance in the force. A darkness was growing. One even more noticeable then the one here on Corellia. It was starting to mask the one here felt on Corellia. Airgain grew cold. He diverted his hand to his holocom. He start a holocall with the council. He was hoping to get in contact with Corellian Ally on the council. Him, or Grandmaster Satele. He waited. Master Satele filled the holo.

"Master Satele," Airgain said with the utmost respect.

"Master Airgain, It's good to see you. How goes the fight on Corellia? How is your Cousin?"

"There is a darkness rising here but I believe it only to be the Empire bring in more Sith Lords, and Errik fairs well. Master, I have felt a disturbance in the Force. One that masked the one created by the Sith here."

"I have felt it as well. Master Pendor has left to investigate the disturbance."

"Do I have the Council's permission to join him?" asked Airgain.

Satele paused a moment and thought about it.

"You may, but listen to him if he tells you to leave for a period of time. He has...things he has to attend to in private."

"Yes Master. However Master, if I need to speak with him I will not hesitate to call him. Even if it is in the middle of a private matter. I will give him fair warning before I barge in though."

Satele gazed at him for a while. She knew Airgain was a man of his word and that he meant what he said.

"Very well, but remember to give the warning." said Satele, "He has gone to Coruscant. Go there and try to make contact with him before you leave your ship."

"Yes Master." Airgain said, "Thank You and Good-Bye."

"Farewell," the holo shut off.

Airgain pocketed his holocom. He started to gather some off his things. He left a note for Errikk and left for the spaceport.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Airgain arrived at the spaceport and boarded his ship. He did his preflight check and did a bomb sweep. After making sure everything was sound, he took off. He landed on Coruscant with out any issue. He went to his ships holoterminal and sent a call out to Jedi Master Pendor Bartos.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:04:48 PM EDT by Airgain »

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare

CymStar

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:29:07 PM EDT »

Tintagel CrystalStryder had really enjoyed that blue milk which Mac had bought her on Makeb.  It was good to have spent time with her brother and not be rushing around the galaxy trying to save everyone and fix everything.  After they had parted, Tintagel decided to take some additional R&R on Coruscant.  It might be short-lived, however.  Already there were troubling reports of feuds within the Corellian League and father and Cymstar had rushed off to mediate.  She guessed when it really came down to it, there was a whole lot more galaxy to save the people available to do it.

With that, she and some of her crew from the Crystal Shard headed to the mall by the Galactic Senate.  It could be that soon she would be asked to enter the galaxy-saving business again.  Until then, shopping seemed to be the path to saving for her and her crew...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Pendor

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:22:45 AM EDT »

Pendor's comm starts to flash. He checks the ID of the call and recognizes it as that of Master Airgain. He opens a channel. An image of Master Airgain appears out of thin air. Pendor says to him, "Master Airgain, I'm Jedi Master Pendor Bartos of the Jedi Council. I don't believe we've met in person, but I have heard much about you from the other masters. Master Shan informed me that you would be arriving and what your purpose is. I believe I have found what the information I need to find what we're looking for here. Meet me in the training hall in the Senate Plaza mall. We can discuss the situation there."

With that Pendor closes the comm and turns to face the man in front of him. "I know you're an Imperial agent here on the Republic homeworld. I can sense the evil in you. Now, you want to tell me what your objective is," Pendor says as he reaches out to manipulate the mind of the Imperial agent in front of him.

"I'll tell you my objective," the Imperial agent tells Pendor. Secretly, Pendor is surprised; he hadn't expected the mind trick to work on an Imperial agent. Nevertheless, the Imperial agent tells Pendor, "We're supposed to be recruiting mercenaries to break into the Jedi Temple ruins. There's a holocron that supposedly remained intact despite the destruction of the temple. I don't know what's on that holocron, but Dark Council sure wants the holocron badly."

Satisfied, Pendor leaves the cantina and heads for the Senate Plaza to meet up with Airgain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he enters the Senate Plaza mall, he spots a familiar face: "Tintagel? Funny meeting you here. Actually, this could be quite fortuitous. I have been sensing a dark shadow growing in the Force. Master Airgain and I are investigating this disturbance in the Force and could use some assistance."

Spotting Airgain, Pendor waves him over and begins to explain the situation to Airgain and Tintagel: "Airgain, Tintagel, as you are no doubt aware by now, the Sith Empire is trying to expand. The Force has been screaming with the dark side of late. However, for weeks, I have felt a dark, shadowy presence in the Force that feels different, much older than the Sith threat. I came here on a tip that the Dark Council was sending agents to Coruscant. I have just spoken rather persuasively with one of the agents. Their target is the Jedi Temple ruins. Specifically, they were after a holocron that survived the destruction. We must beat them to that holocron. I don't need your answer today, but I plan to enter the temple tomorrow. If you're in, meet me at the entrance to the ruins tomorrow morning. The fate of the galaxy could well rest on our success here. I hope to see you tomorrow. Until then, may the Force be with you.

With that, Pendor turns from the group and walks off, desiring to meditate on the new information he has learned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Pendor heads for the Jedi temple to see who will join him and what they will find...

Airgain

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 03:34:56 PM EDT »

The holo shut off and Airgain left his ship and made his way to the Senate Plaza. It didn't take him long to get there. He waited there for a short while till he saw Pendor. It was different to actually see him. The holo didn't completely capture him. He carried himself fully and with dignity. He didn't recognize the figure next to him.

Pendor waved him over. Airgain quickly made his way over to him. He listened as Pendor filled him in. He quickly found out that the other Jedi next to Pendor was Tintagel. The name was familiar but he couldn't remember from where. He would look into who she was later and hopefully jog his memory. Pendor finish and left. Airgain turned and went to his speeder.

Airgain couldn't help but feel like he was being followed. He started to make random turns around buildings. Fortunately, he knew the area he was in. He landed a ways away from his and Errikk's apartment. A few vehicles came and went but one stayed. Airgain left his speeder and walked back to the speeder. The passenger side door opened. Airgain got in.

"What is it you want Obbidiah?" said Airgain, not even looking at the Rattatakki.

"I'm not here because Lord Zebidee sent me." said Obbidiah, "I'm here because if you die by a mercenary, Lord Zebidee would be most displeased. I am well aware of what Intelligence is up to and I know that if you are killed by another Intelligence agent, Lord Zebidee is bound to make the operative disappear and we are already short staffed as it is. So my warning is to walk away from this for your sake and for the Major's. This could bring an end to you and your terrorist organization."

"Your concern is noted Agent, but make no mistake, I will not back down from this. The darkness that grows is even more than what your master can handle and it's old. I can feel a touch of some one who knew the light and dark. Now you have till the morning till I tell SIS and every member of my so called "organization" that a member of Imperial Intelligence and member of the Cabal is here."

Obbidiah glared at him, "FINE! If you wanna die Jedi, that's not my problem at the moment. Now, GET OUT OF MY SPEEDER!"

The passenger door opened again. Airgain climbed out, "This is what i get for trying to warn a target," he heard him grumble.

Before the door was closed, the speeder was in the air. Airgain walked back to his speeder and got in. He went his apartment, and went inside. He removed his armor and showered. He had a simple meal and went to bed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning Airgain quickly got dressed and had a short meal. He then meditated for a while on what Obbidiah had to say.

He knew that the Agent wouldn't have come to him if Zebidee hadn't sent him. That means something is upsetting the Sith. That or he came out of his own free will. Which meant that there is something wrong in Intelligence.

<Is this worth it?> he thought to himself.

<It is,> replied his subconscious, <The darkness must not spread.>

Airgain rose and went out the door of the apartment. He got on his speeder and headed for the temple.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:36:51 PM EDT by Airgain »

CymStar

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 09:37:58 PM EDT »

The shopping with her crew had been fun and the day very relaxing.  In fact, for a while, she forgot that she was a Sentinel - one who is to be always alert for threats to the Republic.  She needed have worried.  As she was strolling between stores, she saw Pendor walking purposefully towards her.

"Tintagel? Funny meeting you here...I have been sensing a dark shadow growing in the Force."  Pendor went on to explain his perception of a dark presence in the force.  Hmmm.  After Pendor had explained his current course of action, inviting Tintagel to accompany, the two friends parted company.  To be honest, Tintagel had not felt it.  In fact, the joy of a little down time had removed most of the cares for a time.  Now, as she walked back towards her ship for a night's rest, she came upon it.  The same dark ripple in the force she had felt on Makeb.  She had attributed that to the loss of the Gree artifact to the Mandalorian Ghanikavhett.  Perhaps it was this same sense which Pendor had felt?

When she returned to her ship, she headed for the astrogation room.  She pulled out the galaxy star chart and tried to orient her senses to where she was on Makeb when she had felt the disturbance.  Then she tried to orient the galaxy map in a way which would match and drew a line along the path of the disturbance she had felt.  Her sense had been on a line which went through the core and out to the Unknown Regions.  And now, here she was on Coruscant, nearly on a line with what she had just drawn on the star map.  Coincidence?  She knew better than that.  She looked carefully at the Core Worlds and her eyes started to be drawn to Corellia.  Why?

Well, she wasn't going to get the answer tonight.  She spent some time in meditation, and turned in for the night.  She would connect with Pendor tomorrow and share her insights on the matter.  Back to saving the galaxy,*sigh*.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 11:13:46 PM EDT »

Tyrekk knelt within the ruins of the Jedi Temple, meditating as he had so many times in the past.  Once more, he saw the Pureblood, once more they crossed blades.  And once more he struck Olrac down.

In a flash he came back to himself, and sensed a familiar presence nearby.  A smile crossed half his face, and he stood to face his foil getting off a speeder.

"Well, if it isn't my brother in arms.  It's been a couple of years, Airgain."

Never had two padawans been more opposite.  Airgain was calm to Tyrekk's brash, passive and diplomatic where the Zabrak was blunt and fierce.  And yet they had trained under the same master, learned the same lessons, and now for the first time in two years once more in the same place.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Pendor

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 01:23:00 AM EDT »

Pendor got off his speeder in front of the Jedi Temple the next morning. Looking around, he noticed that Tintagel had not arrived yet. But Pendor wasn't worried yet - he was a bit early himself. But voices coming from the courtyard got his attention. He cloaked himself in the shadows using the force and headed over to see what was happening. He arrived just as he heard someone say, "It's been a couple of years, Airgain."

Pendor moved back into the shadows to see what would happen while silently signalling Tintagel as to what he had discovered...

Airgain

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 05:12:52 PM EDT »

Airgain reached the temple and immediately felt a flow of memories. Emotion's ran through him. One right after the other. The images of the statues of the masters on the temple approach, the training area's inside, the countless duel with his master, the massive library, his room, and Masters Ven Zallow and Kent Valdin. A tear fell and Airgain collected himself. Master Ven Zallow had indeed perished at the temple, but his master, Master Kent, had survived only to be killed on Balmorra aiding rebels. Then his mind was clouded by a memory.

Several Jedi Knights herding him and other padawans together and started leading them out of the temple. Two tall dark figures with red lightsabers appeared around a corner and attack the knights. One Knight fell after trading a few blow and the other yelling for them to run started trading blows with the other. Airgain stood his ground and picked up the fallen Knight's saber. The Sith who struck him down laughed as he went to strike Airgain. Airgain watched as the lightsaber came down. At the last moment, Airgain activated the lightsaber and blocked the blow that would have cleaved him in half. The Sith backed up under Airgain's blows. The force flowed through him and he had no fear. The Sith soon fell. Airgain ran over to the last Sith who pushed him back only to be struck down by the other Knight. Airgain deactivated the lightsaber and hung it on his belt. The Knight looked at him with utter shock. He collected himself and grabbed Airgain.

"Let's go," he said,"There will be more coming. Hold onto that lightsaber. He would have wanted you to have it after that display."

Airgain came back to himself. He got out of his speeder and saw the one person he didn't expect to see.

"Well, if it isn't my brother in arms. It's been a couple of years, Airgain."

"It has old friend, yet it seems like yesterday you, Errikk, and I were head deep in Imperial territory and knee deep in Imperial bodies and Sith corpses. It was a shame they didn't want to negotiate. All those lives lost because the Empire's stubbornness. Now I know why I am here. Why are you?"

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 06:21:35 PM EDT »

Tyrekk shook his head and grinned.  Always so straightforward and stoic.  It was good to see his friend again.

"Just...remembering the past.  And thinking on the future.  You may say its a shame, but I enjoy the thrill of the fight, just as I always have."

He got a sly look on his face.  "Speaking of.  You wouldn't happen to be heading for one, would you?"

Giant Lizard Puppy

Airgain

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 07:17:50 PM EDT »

Airgain thought for a moment. He took a quick look around. Pendor was no where to be seen nor was Tintagel. He then reached out with the force to feel for there presences. There was a faint one of Pendor but he couldn't tell if he was close or far. He knew then that Pendor was either in the temple or around it. He took a breathe and chose his words carefully as to not feed the Zabrak's blood lust. Tyrek was a servant of the light but had a craving for battle that most Jedi don't.

"I sense that we may end up in one in the future but as of right now, no. Be mindful my friend. Lust for battle will lead to loss of something, which will lead to hate for the one that took it. And we both know where hate leads. You have fought the darkside in one of its most twisted forms but there are others much worse. Be careful my friend that you don't go down a road I cannot follow. Errikk would back me up on this. As would Master Kent."

Airgain looked around. He knew that Tyrek had more memories of this place then he did.

"We'll have to rebuild it someday."

Pendor

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 09:14:41 PM EDT »

"As would I," Pendor said stepping out from the shadows and decloaking himself, "Tyrek, I'm Master Pendor Bartos of the Jedi Council." "As for the Jedi Temple, there are plans being discussed even now for its restoration. I 'm afraid I can't go into the details on the plans at the moment, unfortunately." Pendor noticed Tintagel walking in from the landing pad and waved her over.

"Tyrek - Tintagel, Airgain, and I are about to begin a search for a holocron that relates to a disturbance I have been feeling in the force. It's an old power, a dark shadow. On further reflection, I believe I may have something to go on. I believe we may be looking for something related to Dantooine. One of the oldest Jedi Enclaves was there and much occurred in and around that enclave over the years. We plan to spread out to look for this holocron. Another set of eyes and senses would help. The holocron should give off a small disturbance in the force, imperceptible until you are close to it. If you sense the holocron, signal the rest of us immediately. I want us all to split up. I'll take the second floor; Tintagel, you take the east wing; Airgain, you take the west wing; and Tyrek, if you'd like to join us, you can take the north wing. Be careful, though: there may be some imperial agents or mercenaries lurking about trying to find the same thing we are."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the others turned and headed towards their respective corridors. Tintagel, however, seemed to want to speak to Pendor, so he pulled her aside. She informed him of what she had uncovered herself last night. Pendor replied to her, "That is indeed troubling. I wouldn't have though our paths would be headed for Corellia again. Hopefully, the holocron lead will pan out, so we won't have to worry about Corellia. Let me know if you sense anything else." With that Pendor, turned and headed for the second floor of the Jedi Temple to see if he could find the holocron...

CymStar

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 11:17:22 PM EDT »

Tintagel began to search the northwest portion of the Jedi Temple. She allowed her eyes to sweep in a regular pattern, careful noting where she reached a wall or the center and moving forward a step with each eye sweep.  Her mind was still turning over the astrogation charts. For some reason, she couldn't get them out of her thoughts.

Suddenly, she was in Axial Park.  A figure approached her with light saber drawn, in an aggressive stance.  Tintagel called both of her light sabers to her hands.  The two began circling each other, tightening the diameter of the circle with each pass.  Her opponent feigned high and when Tintagel reacted to block, executed a low foot sweep.  Tintagel recovered with a force leap over, but her timing was off and she landed off balance.  Her opponent hit her with a force blast and she tumbled back.  She tucked into a ball and allowed the force push to roll her onto her shoulders.  She pushed off with her hands as they came into contact with the floor and lifted herself into the air.  As she did, her opponent's light saber spun underneath her, cutting the hem off her cape.  "Too close", she thought.

She landed on her feet and ran towards the now unarmed assailant.  Too late, she recognized her overconfidence and tried a dual saber cross-cut through her opponent's abdomen. Then she dropped to the floor.  Her cut was ineffectual, with the exception that it disturbed the assailant's concentration.  The light saber he had called to him, with the intention of slicing Tintagel from the back continued on its course.  With the point driving hard, there was no good way to catch it and with his attention distracted from Tintagel's attack to his abdomen, he wasn't thinking about stopping it.  The blade went deep into his own chest and his eyes went wide with understanding.  His legs failed and he collapsed to the ground.

Except she was no longer in Axial Park but back in the Jedi Temple.  Her light sabers were in her hands, but not ignited.  In front of her lay a dead force-user, the pommel of a light saber protruding from his chest.  Engraved in the pommel was the emblem of a green jedi.  Corellia blossomed in her mind again.  She had to go to Corellia, there was some answer there.  She left her search to find Pendor and the others.

Airgain

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 08:42:24 PM EDT »

Airgain went down the corridor and went into the first room he saw. More memories came. Master Kent and him training in the simulation room. Master Ven Zallow instructing him on fighting technique. Master Satele's instruction on the force before she left for Alderaan. Airgain looked around the room. The shelves were toppled over with items scattered across the ground. Something looked wrong. Airgain bent down and examined the floor. The dust was smeared. There were foot prints leading in and out of the room. Airgain reached out with the force. All at once there were several disturbances. In a flash Airgain drew his lightsaber and fell into the Soresu stance. Blast bolts came flying at Airgain. His lightsaber was a blur as he deflected each and every bolt back at it's sender. When the dust cleared nine mercenaries lay dead and the room was silent except the humming of Airgain's bright glowing orange lightsaber. Airgain felt around with the force. A dark presence was coming down the hall. Airgain stepped out of the room. A ruby red lightsaber was coming down the hall.

"Where is it Jedi?!" snarled a deep voice from under the blank mask.

"Even if I did know, I wouldn't tell you. Least of all give it to you," Airgain calmly replied.

"Then you are of no use to me."

Airgain remained in Soresu as the sith leaped at him. Airgain kept himself in-check as the warrior battered at him with attack after attack. What the Sith didn't realize was that Airgain was a master in the form. Each attack was met with a parry. Airgain waited for his opening. It came as the Sith lifted his saber to smash it down on Airgain's head. Airgain gathered the force in the palm of his hand and they it at the dark being.

The Sith went flying down the hall. His lightsaber flew out of his hand. Airgain used the force to speed up his feet. He got down the hall and swung at the Sith. Orange met red as the Sith blocked it. Airgain lept up as the man under him twisted and tried to sweep Airgain's feet out from under him. In no time the Sith was on his feet again.

After landing Airgain went at the Sith. He had changed to to the Djem So form. As he got close the sith swung his saber at Airgain's neck, it was parried and Airgain pressed his attack parrying the few attacks thrown his way. With in moments the man gave under Airgain's relentless attacks. Airgian feigned a swing at the man's head and struck him in the side and seperated the man in two. The top half of the Sith fell to the ground and his legs gave way, collapsing.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way," Airgain said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airgain had searched most of the west wing and found nothing. Not even a slight hum of the holocron.  Airgain rounded a corner and saw a man standing at the entrance of a door with his back to Airgain. Airgain saw the symbol of the Empire on his shoulder. He reached out with the force. There was no disturbance in the force in the room. The man started to turn around. Airgain hide behind the corner, then he heard something.

"FOUND IT!!!" came a voice.

Airgain stood still.

"Are you sure this time," came another voice.

"Yes I'm sure. It has Dantooine Ruins marked on it."

Airgain immediately came around the corner and headed for the room. The sentry was no longer there. Airgian went to the entrance and put his hood up.

"Give it here please," he said calmly.

Airgain did a quick head count. There were three mercenaries and two Imperials. They all jumped and the mercenary holding the holocron almost dropped it.

"IT'S A JEDI! KILL HIM!" said one of the Imperials.

Airgain used the force to push them all over before they could get their blasters drawn. Airgain drew his lightsaber.

"You don't want to fight," he said.

The mercenaries didn't even hesitate, "I agree," said one, "Fighting a Jedi wasn't in the job description," said another. The one with the holocron set it on the ground and pushed it toward Airgain. Airgain used the force to bring it to him. Just as it was in his hand the Imperials started firing. Airgain deflected them away into the ground. In a flash Airgain was next to the Imps. He disarmed them and ran them through. The mercenaries ran out of the room. Airgain looked at the holocron. Something wasn't right. He activated it.

Master Ven Zallow appeared, "This is a message for the person trying to access this database. The holocron you are looking for is on loan to our Corellian Counterparts. If you wish to access it, you must await its return. If you have any questions I will answer them to the best of my abilities."

Airgain deactivated it. He reached out with the force to his companions.

I've found it, but there are complications. Meet me back at the entrance. I will explain everything there.

Airgain began making his way back through the rubble and maze of the wing. Another memory hit him. This time it wasn't sad.

Master Kent leaned over Airgain looking at him. He touched the padawan on the forehead. Airgian held perfectly still. Master Kent smiled, "You'll do just fine my boy. You have a bright and... different future ahead of you."

Airgain smiled. Master Kent led Airgain into the Tython's ancient Jedi ruins and showed him the basics of lightsaber combat.

Airgain came out of the memory and started crying tears of joy and smiled.

"You were right Master. You always were."

Airgain continued to the entrance smiling.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 12:02:29 PM EDT »

Tyrekk gave a slight bow to Pendor.  "Master," he said and moved off.

He arrived in the north wing of the temple and knelt again.  Giving himself over to the Force, be began to look for the holocron, stretching out with his senses and feeling for the glimmer of light.  Instead, he found darkness.

In a flash, he rose, spun, and with a trio of slashes cut down the three Imperial infiltrators sneaking up on him.  Five more destealthed around him, weapons at the ready, and two Sith emerged from the shadows.

"Where is the holocron, Jedi?" one of them said, very calmly.  Tyrekk said nothing, looking around with his eyes.

"Don't try my patience.  Where is it."

Tyrekk hung his head.  "You win.  I'll tell you," he said.  Then a smile crossed his face.

"I left it with your mistress as a thank you gift.  She's a wild one."

The speaker's silent companion let out a snort of laughter, causing the speaker to glare at him.  In the moment the infiltrators were distracted, Tyrekk gathered the Force and spun in place, unleashing a sweep of energy that knocked the Imperials off their feet.  He danced among them as they struggled to regain their feet.  In a few seconds, all five had fallen.

"You're next.  Defend yourselves."

Both Sith drew their sabers and moved in to attack.  Tyrekk met them head on, and the dance began.  Traditional Lightsaber combat relied heavily on stances and forms, but Tyrekk was anything but traditional.  The two Sith settled into their chosen forms, and the one Jedi made a mockery of them.  Using the Force to augment his movements, he started leaping around them, bouncing off the walls, vaulting over rubble, moving from form to form in a style of his own creation, combining the speed and power of the traditional forms.  First he was in front of them, then slashing at their side forcing a frantic parry, then he twirled around to the other side.  The fact that he was outnumbered meant nothing, battle was his home and the danger was exhilarating.

He countered an angry strike, leapt between them, and stood his ground.  The two were now furious, and their attacks edged with hatred.  He countered, blocked, and waited.  Finally, they lined up their strikes, one aiming for the neck, the other for his waist.  In a moment, he dropped flat and two corpses fell on either side of him.

Tyrekk was slightly surprised.  He hadn't really expected that to work, but something Master Kent had told him came back.  "You're aggressive, boy, and it gives you an edge, but be wary of it.  Such aggression is a double edged blade, just as likely to harm yourself as your enemies."

Well, the Sith had been aggressive.  And it had harmed them.  Lesson learned.

I've found it, but there are complications. Meet me back at the entrance. I will explain everything there.

Well, at least somebody had some luck.  Tyrekk turned his back on the dead, and headed for the entrance.

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 22 queries.