The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:09:07 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It's 21:00 hours. Do you know where your children are? Now you can with Cor-Spy's new MicroTrack system!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient Secrets (Discussion)  (Read 11159 times)

CymStar

Re: Ancient Secrets (Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 12:13:40 PM EDT »

Liem - open RP, so would be glad to have you join in.  Couple of entry points - through interaction with Airgain, or contact with Tintagel.  These both work as you have had interaction with Airgain and my legacy players in the past.  If you have had prior interactions with Pendor's legacy characters, that could give you a third entry point.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Airgain

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 02:11:02 PM EDT »

Either way its nice to have you on board just waitin on Pendor so we can get the ball rolling again. He's working on some of the finer points that needed ironing out.

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare

Pendor

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 06:45:39 PM EDT »

Sounds good. Shouldn't be too much longer before we hit Corellia. Feel free to join in then.

Airgain

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 07:19:21 PM EDT »

Okay so now we have another person on board.

Pendor

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 09:22:50 PM EDT »

Always good to have someone else aboard. I hope you all are OK with the actions I gave you in my addition. I assume you all will be in for the hunt, so I figured it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to have you all turn to head towards your respective assignments. CymStar, I just pulled your actions from your previous post as Tintagel.

Airgain, I think we'll have you discover the holocron. I've thought about what it should be about. I think the subject will be about the ancient ruins on Dantooine (where Revan and Malak first learned of the star forge).

For the rest of us, my plan would be that you have an entry about your search. Some/all of you will probably encounter a merc or Imp (or 2) in your search. How you deal with them is up to you. Just remember they're looking for the same thing we are.

So for those new to the discussion, Airgain will find that the holocron had been borrowed by the Green Jedi. Once that is discovered we will head for Corellia. We'll have a bit of an adventure with the Green Jedi to get the holocron. I thought this might be not only a good place to pick up some more people (on Corellia), but it might also be a good opportunity to explore the fallout of the war between Empty Night and the Ankouns for normal Corellians and the Green Jedi.

With that being said, I look forward to seeing what you all will add to the story.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:24:38 PM EDT by Pendor »

Airgain

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 08:42:45 PM EDT »

Yes I did brush up on the combat forms for my post.

Pendor

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 09:20:49 PM EDT »

Very nice. My post should get us to Corellia. The next group up will be at the Green Jedi Enclave in Corellia. Where I see the plot on Corellia headed:
- The Green Jedi did indeed have the holocron, but it was lost during the battle with Imperial forces when the Empire invaded Corellia.
- We'll have to go an adventure to find it (it will have stayed on planet, but we'll have to track it down).
- We may run into the War going on between Empty Night and the Ankouns depending on how it goes.
- We'll eventually track down the holocron which will detail an as of yet unspecified (suggestions welcome) ancient evil that had been found near the Dantooine ruins. This will give our Jedi the insight they need when combined with information about strange occurrences on Dantooine to realize that they need to go there, at which point we will leave Corellia.

Beyond that, have fun furthering your characterization and getting your alts out to join the Fellowship of the Rin- I mean the Jedi quest (sorry couldn't help but bring that joke out, being in New Zealand and all).

Airgain

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 11:07:48 PM EDT »

Not to be a jerk or anything but just remember Pendor that Satele is nine generations after Bastila and Revan. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shan_family

Pendor

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 02:30:39 AM EDT »

Drat, my lack of checking the wiki page before posting has been caught. I'll fix it. Thanks for the catch.

Airgain

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 11:48:39 AM EDT »

np i just thought it looked weird so i looked into it and that's what i found. Always happy to help.

CymStar

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 09:15:07 PM EDT »

Pendor, your original perception of the dark force occurred when you were meditating on Tython.  I think that the holocron is related to the original battle which took place on Tython, separating light and dark force users.  This is hinted at in the original missions on Tython and results in obtaining a lightsaber at the forge.  So, it would not be a stretch to assume that other Je'daii were trying to persuade others to become dark users.   Or, you could go farther back (Dawn of the Jedi) and get into the real origins of force power and it could be a corrupting influence for that time (26,000 years before A New Hope).
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Airgain

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 05:28:46 PM EDT »

That is a good idea Cymstar. I only see one issue and that's the holocron's info is suppose to be the reason we go to Dantoinee. So I don't know if we would be able to tie info about Tython into Dantoinee...

CymStar

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:33 PM EDT »

From Wookiepedia:

Dantooine:

Infinite EmpireEdit

The planet was one of the subject worlds of the Rakata, of the Infinite Empire. The Rakata built several structures on its surface; at least one of which housed a Star Map and several Rakata-made droids, were still standing by the time of the Jedi Civil War.

A theory persisted that the native Dantari were descended from a colonization attempt during the earliest days of the Old Republic, but no studies bore this supposition out, and the Dantari were recorded as being present since the beginning of more recent settlements.[8]
Old Sith WarsEdit
Dantooine conclaveThe Jedi Enclave

"Even the Sith would think twice before attacking Dantooine. There are many Jedi here, including several of the most powerful masters of the order. There is great strength within this place."
    â€•Bastila Shan[src]

During the Old Sith Wars, the Galactic Republic began a full-scale colonization campaign on Dantooine. While the Republic by itself had virtually no military on the planet, the settlers were protected by the Jedi Order.[11]

By at least 3,997 BBY, a Jedi training enclave was established by Master Vodo-Siosk Baas, although ruins of an even older Jedi structure could be found on the planet. Many great Jedi of the Great Sith War were trained on Dantooine. However, the Enclave on Dantooine was infamous for the number of its students who eventually fell to the dark side; among them were some of the greatest enemies of the Republic during that unstable period, such as Exar Kun, Revan, and Malak.[11]

So, several storylines here could move an artifact from Tython to Dantooine. (1) Part of the earliest colonization efforts - though never proven (2) moved here when the jedi enclave built populated with Je'daii from Tython (3) brought by Revan and Malak as they searched for the Star Map to the Star Forge. Possibly other storylines present themselves.  The storylines which open up if the holocron is older than Dantooine are also fun to consider...

Airgain

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 08:36:39 PM EDT »

Hmmm I stand corrected

CymStar

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 07:31:44 AM EDT »

hey, np....finding this stuff out is half the fun of RP... :))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 22 queries.