The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:52:15 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Corellian League Forums are Tapatalk enabled!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient Secrets (Discussion)  (Read 11212 times)

Pendor

Ancient Secrets (Discussion)
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:59:49 AM EDT »

Setting: Dantooine
A lush planet and former home to the Jedi Enclave. It was here that Revan first discovered the star forge and it was here that he began his journey back to the light. The events of what transpired here are told in Knights of the Old Republic I and II.

Since KotOR I and II:
The planet has continued to evolve. The former Jedi Enclave sits in ruins, a testament to an era long since past. However, a dark shadow seems to have crept into the area. It's nothing perceptible to a Force user far away, but it manifests itself in feelings of unease for the farmers who get near the ruins.

Author's Note:
This is my first excursion into RP, so I'm leaving this open for anyone to join and make it better. The story will start on Coruscant (where it will be easier to get others in on the RP), but I'd like to get it to Dantooine at some point in the near future.

Airgain

Re: Ancient Secrets (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:08:17 PM EDT »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, yeah, first attempt. If you disagree with anything let me know. I tried to do as much as i can with what you gave soooooooooooooooo yeah.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P

opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 03:57:53 PM EDT »

What's the timeframe on this?

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 04:52:16 PM EDT »

@Judas - great question, I should have asked that also.  My post has this shortly after the conclusion of the LSES and concurrent with the WAR storylines.  Hence, I needed to use a character not involved in WAR.

@Pendor, if that is not what you intended, I can adjust my Tintagel entry to reflect your answer.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Pendor

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 06:29:53 PM EDT »

Excellent question. I was just thinking about this today. I roughly imagined what CymStar laid out - after LSES and concurrent with WAR. I was a bit hesitant to place it during the WAR era since it would limit the amount of people who could RP this (Judas and the Ankouns being tied up). But I think it's about the right time for Ancient Secrets to take place.

We'll be heading to Corellia before Dantooine though, so any stray element who may wish to come along, can.

CymStar, what is Tintagel career wise? Jedi, trooper, smuggler, etc?

Pendor

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 06:50:44 PM EDT »

To clarify, I thought it might be interesting to have this little group go to Corellia as part of what they are seeking. Now that I am thinking about it, this could become very interesting depending on how open you (Judas) and Ceid are to adding a plot twist to your WAR story.

My pitch: Airgain, Tintagel, and Pendor head to Corellia as part of there quest to locate this looming darkness. They find Corellia embroiled in this war between the CL council. They try to intervene, suing for a temporary cease fire to deal with what they see as a bigger threat. Whether that effort would be successful is up in the air. I thought it might make for an interesting clash - physical danger (in the form of WAR/power struggle) vs. unknown/spiritual danger (in the form of dark shadows rippling in the Force).

Again, just though this up like 5 minutes ago, so feel free to totally disregard these comments.

Airgain

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:00 PM EDT »

My pitch: Airgain, Tintagel, and Pendor head to Corellia as part of there quest to locate this looming darkness. They find Corellia embroiled in this war between the CL council. They try to intervene, suing for a temporary cease fire to deal with what they see as a bigger threat. Whether that effort would be successful is up in the air. I thought it might make for an interesting clash - physical danger (in the form of WAR/power struggle) vs. unknown/spiritual danger (in the form of dark shadows rippling in the Force).

Sounds like a good idea. If we do follow this line, just pointing out that it leaves me with an interesting way to do this cause remember (if you haven't read my legacy in Chapter 1 here ) Airgain and Errikk are on Corellia and in my post Airgain left Errikk there.

CymStar

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 10:21:45 PM EDT »

Excellent question. I was just thinking about this today. I roughly imagined what CymStar laid out - after LSES and concurrent with WAR. I was a bit hesitant to place it during the WAR era since it would limit the amount of people who could RP this (Judas and the Ankouns being tied up). But I think it's about the right time for Ancient Secrets to take place.

We'll be heading to Corellia before Dantooine though, so any stray element who may wish to come along, can.

CymStar, what is Tintagel career wise? Jedi, trooper, smuggler, etc?

Tintagel is a level 50 Jedi Knight / Sentinel.  I would think that there would be little problem with this being concurrent with WAR.  Most of us have more toons then we can effectively engage in a single RP, so this would give members a chance to exercise some character development of their lesser-known alts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:23:56 PM EDT by CymStar »
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Pendor

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 07:01:38 AM EDT »

With that in mind, I will get the next chapter of the story up.

Pendor

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 07:30:44 AM EDT »

I'll let you all take over for the next chapter and decide what happens upon getting to the Jedi temple. To give you some rough guidlines for the chapter: I envision the characters will split up to cover more ground. One of them will find where the holocron should be (aka a receptacle that would probably have some Imps/mercenaries around it).

The plot twist that will take us to Corellia is going to be that the holocron is not in its receptacle. Instead there will be a note that says that the Green Jedi borrowed it before the sacking of Coruscant. To try and find the holocron we'll leave for Corellia.

Oh, and I should mention that one of you can decide what the holocron is about. It should be old and the subject should be Dantooine. Since for this next part you'll only need to know the subject and its date (for the label on the receptacle) feel free to make up whatever subject on Dantooine you'd like.

Airgain

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 11:45:16 AM EDT »

We should decide which one of us will find it before we continue into the temple. It only makes sense so that we don't go like 30 posts of no one finding it or we don't have two people posting at the same time that they found it. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me. Either way it's up to the two of you how we do it if some one just post that they found it or we chose who.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:38:40 PM EDT by Airgain »

CymStar

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 01:12:17 PM EDT »

Tintagel is just entering this game from LSES, so I will pass on being the finder.  I will be posting in the near future and pick up from Senate Plaza.  Let me think about the holocron and it relationship to Dantooine.

Pendor

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19:42 PM EDT »

Sounds good. Airgain, why don't you find the holocron. We'll give CymStar some time to set up what he wants to do. I won't be working on this for the next few days anyway, so the break will be good.

Airgain

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 09:48:54 AM EDT »

Sounds good. Airgain, why don't you find the holocron. We'll give CymStar some time to set up what he wants to do. I won't be working on this for the next few days anyway, so the break will be good.

Okay, can work with that.

Liem

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 10:59:35 AM EDT »

If it's cool with y'all I'd like to join up with the group on Corellia, haven't gotten to participate in a good RP in awhile.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 22 queries.