The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 05:00:04 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to download your Beta version of "Call of Corellia", today!  Use code THX1138 to redeem your copy!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WAR (Closed RP)  (Read 35864 times)

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
Re: WAR (Closed RP)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 01:20:46 PM EDT »

Ah'geed Diab arched an eye brow as he sat in his chair in the Elder's Chambers with the Elders around him out of view, wondering why the Warlord suddenly felt the need to launch missiles for no apparent reason other than to satisfy his own pride. But at least he showed restraint which wasn't common to his people.  He had dealt with this kind of men before. Feeling that they need to make their mark to be taken seriously. The Warlord called him a politician, while that was true, the Ah'geed smiled, him being an accomplished warrior before old age settled in was unknown to the Mando'an, and the Ah'geed was content in letting that perceived weakness remain as it served his ends.

As the missile exited Hyperspace, Kerri, the head of R&D warned the Ah'geed off holo, she was never heard due to Com's Off vocal dampening technology. The Mandalorians Always underestimate them because they believe someone like the Entity are not as sophisticated a warriors as them. That was true, but being a warrior doesn't mean your better. What wins wars, or at least negotiations is strategy, intelligence and restraint. Knowing when to fight, and when to take a slap to achieve your ends. Any Metallics or objects of unnatural construction would be picked up on their SKC-II Sensor network the moment it entered the system no matter how small, better yet, the Hyperspace event was detect with relative ease. Not to mention that it's route was traced back to the launch point. They did not know if Ghanikavhett was at the launch point or not, but a significant portion of his resources logically would be there. But no one needed to know that.

"Shields Sir?" Kerri asked.

But the Ah'geed simply raised his hand out of view of the Camera. As if telling her, Let them pass. Showing weakness at this point was advantageous.

As the missiles self destructed, the young Kerri let out the breath she held in while the Elder of Intelligence let a small smile escape her lips in her corner of the table Off Camera, admiring the patience of the Ah'geed. "I appreciate your restraint Warlord Ghanikavhett. Loosing that shipyard would be devastating to my people. I Thank you for your help in contacting the Bralor Clan. No harm would come to them and you have my word. Now to settle our deal, I have to choose one of your three options. When it is done, you are Honor bound by the Mandalorian Code to hold up your part of the deal." The Ah'geed simply smiled at that point, yet maintained a respectful mannerism towards the Warlord. "The first option, Leaving Corellia?" The Ah'geed smiled, The Ankouns ARE Corellia he thought, at least one of it's foundations. It was physically impossible to remove all of their assets and influence on the planet and sector. "Perish the thought, with all due respect, we would do so when a great warrior like yourself becomes the Chancellor's butler. Quit impossible. Second option, buy your technology. Maybe, but we are satisfied with our craft." He said smiling as he looked off camera towards Kerri. "Though we are always looking for trade opportunities. This could work for future ventures. It would be prosperous for both our parties."

"And the final option, sit and watch as you enter the war to aid your Mandalorian Brothers... I can respect that. That is our choice." The Ah'geed concluded truthfully, He was no stranger to the Mandalorian people. He had been very close to the Clan Itera in his youth, and had genuine respect to their culture and their code. Though he knew that if things went according to plan, Sheteshoy wouldn't be a threat if the war ended. The Warlord my be overly theatrical, he thought, but he was an honorable man. He presented them with a choice as a price for contacting Bralor, and they had picked and the deal was done.

"Thank you for your time Honorable Warlord. And you have my personal communication codes, and I have your Satellite medium's frequency. Know with this, whatever happens, we owe you one. Just call whenever you want to collect on this dept. I hope to see your clan at the peace talks." He bowed his head with genuine respect, and ended the call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naoko did not understand. "At this point, I will take everything you say as truths, because I trust your intentions, but what I say is also the true." She said the Carliste. "At the start of the conflict, after Assad's attack, a coffin was sent to the Ankoun Tower in Coronet. It was inspected, but it's advanced technology prevented the Entity from scanning it. When they opened it, it exploded, many tons of Naquilic explosive commonly used by The Night. Four Entity scientists perished. That is what caused the assault on Judas aboard Carrick Station." She then looked to the Duke. "If what he is saying is the truth, Olrac was involved from day one. He has manipulated everything. And..." She never continued as she was interrupted by her com.

As she inspected the source, a moment of fear took her over. It was from the Entity. The Ankouns have found her, but how. She couldn't resist but answer. What if it was Ceid, what would she say? How would she explain that to him.

"Go ahead." She simply said, not knowing how to start the conversation.

"Naoko? Master Sellis Ankoun, a strange way to answer your holo." A familiar voice said. Her anxaioty rose as Sunder Ankoun, the second in command of the Ankoun Entity's Intelligance Arm spoke to her. He was a friend, but given the situation, she didn't know how to proceed.

"Sunder? How..." She started but then he cut her off.

"Before you continue, I know exactly what you are doing, and who your with. I intercepted your messages between Carliste Creek and yourself from the moment you sent it. And tracking our shuttle is easy. You can't take Entity shuttles and expect us not to notice. But don't worry. No one knows of this, not the Elders, not your husband, no one. I have covered up All of your tracks. You will not be brought on any charges of wrong doing." He said with a slightly amused tone.

"But... why?" She asked confused. Why was the second authority over Intel in the Entity helping her potentially against the Entity.

"Because you have my support in what you are trying to do. I had my doubts about the causes of this war from the begging, but I could not act given my position. You on the other hand, enjoy a more flexible station. And I have nothing but respect to Crystalstrider whom you have contacted. He has always done right by us. Even Carliste Creek, the other recipient of your message. In his holos, he showed genuine desire to end the war, and has been honorable enough to this point. This war is costing us a lot and giving the Cabal an extreme edge. It has to stop." He explained truthfully.

She smiled. Relieved that with Sunder's support, she wouldn't loose her family or Ceid. And his support was a major moral boost that energized her. "Thank you my friend. You don't know what this means to me."

"Don't mention it." He said then paused. "No seriously, don't mention it to anyone else or we will all be in serious trouble." He said comically. "But anyways, that is not why I called. I wanted to inform your allies, that the Entity secured a deal with Clan Sheteshoy to set up a meeting with Jacson Bralor two days from now. I seriously suggest that your group be at the meet. External support might defuse the matters even more... Good luck my friend." He concluded and shut off the call after he transmitted the location.

"There you have it gentlemen. Master Crystalstrider. According to Carliste's account, it is only logical that Olrac still has that body to be used in fueling the situation later. I suggest you have your contacts within the Cabal try everything, and do anything that they have to do to get their hands on Fain's body, and make it to the meeting or the Cabal might sabotage to meet. Please. It is risky, but they must try."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instruction of the meeting was exchanged between the Bralor Clan and The Ankoun Entity, first, they meet on neutral ground. Nar Shadda. They both had forces there, but no one faction had control. Also, both of them wouldn't anger the Hutts by fighting an all out battle on their territory.

Second, each of them would speak via HoloCom from secure and undisclosed locations on the moon. If they come to a preliminary agreement, they would meet in a previously agreed upon location. And see where the winds will blow.

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 04:34:37 PM EDT »

And so it is Ghanik thought to himself. The Ah'geed is content to let us operate. Ghanik tapped into Tracynka'rta's call to Jacson. "The Ankouns want to meet on Nar Shadaa. Undisclosed locations, connected via holocomm, with an actual meeting if you can come up with a consensus. I was not planning on being there, unless you feel the added support would help your case."

Ghanik closed the call, and moved to his comm array. He pulled up a map of the space surrounding satellite 17. A lone satellite, placed eons ago, and commandeered by one of Ghanik's Clan a few years back. Now heavily modified, the satellite was acting as a staging area for Nobrin's little fleet. The satellite housed a large portion of Ghanik's Deep-Space missiles, as well as one of his research labs. Nobrin's fleet was deployed around the satellite in a manner to protect the entry coming from the Ankoun's ship yard. Although Ghanik believed the Ah'geed would be content in leaving the site alone, it would not do for a scout ship to drop in and find the place unready. Satisfied that his preparations were complete, should his assistance be needed, Ghanik set the helm for a series of hyperspace jumps to keep the ship moving without really going anywhere in particular, and settled in to wait for a summons.

CymStar

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 10:00:11 PM EDT »

The conference room was silent, each participant temporarily lost in their own thoughts as they considered the weight of the new information each had revealed.  Seconds ticked by, accumulating into moments of silence.  Cymstar used the force to project an ambiance of peace.  Emotions were just beneath the surface waiting to boil out and further Olrac's apparent goals.  It was a time to be careful, contemplate, plan.  A time for a measured, sure response, not a reaction.

It was Kandoo who broke the silence. "Sounds like we've been played, Major."  At least that brought a half-hearted smile to Carliste's face.  Carliste really did like this kid - no malice, no guile, no hidden agenda.  Just idealism, energy and simple talk.  Not half bad in a close-up fight when he was untrained, several Sand Panther ops had started to hone the rough edges off and make Kandoo a solid soldier and dangerous opponent.  It gave Carliste some level of hope that despite poor beginnings, he could still leave the galaxy in better hands before he exited this life.

Undara spoke next.  "Facts and Truth.  We now have a picture starting to emerge.  Fact: The attack on Assad was by Fain, acted outside of Judas' consent.  Supposition:  Fain was under some form of mind control.  Fact:  Fain is dead, but not delivered.  Supposition:  His body was intercepted before receipt at the Ankoun entity and this means someone had information concerning the shipment from the inside.  Fact:  Naoko confirms that there are active sleeper cell agents currently operating inside the Entity.  Assumption:  Likely true of the Empty Night organization as well.  Fact: The number two Ankoun recognizes something wrong and supports peace.  Members of the Corellian League support peace.  By Carliste's presence, an inside contact in the Empty Night supports peace.  Supposition:  We are not alone and should be able to identify others who support peace secretly or openly.   Conclusion:  We have a path to tip the balance if we seek out and continue to gather those who seek peace.  If enough of the peace-seekers change their status from silent support to active support, we can change the momentum of this conflict."

"Our next step is straight-forward, then" Cymstar stated.  "We have been invited to attend talks.  We should attend and ensure that all parties talk.  We should propose that all participants turn their weapons in at the door, to us as neutral parties.  We should defend against anyone who would use force powers against unarmed attendees.  And we should be very thorough to look for any of Olrac's agents.  Naoko, you have permission to fly the Crystal House to the appropriate coordinates."

Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 10:33:19 PM EDT »

"MacTavish.  Just between us, I'll think about it."

Mac nodded, turned from the table and calmly walked towards the door.  He kept his facial expression neutral, working hard to hide his shock.  So, even Judas suspects something is not right here, Mac thought.  It was much more than he had hoped for.  Of course, walking in, he had set the bar low.  Walking out would be a good goal.  Yet, here he was walking out with a feeling that something he had said had reached through Judas' carefully managed exterior.  Mac would take that as progress.

As he exited the main cantina, the hairs on the back of his neck finally settled down.  He had not been that tense for that long in some time.  Of course, he wasn't playing for small tubers in this game.  The stakes were extremely high. Life, and lots of it was on the table, with the stakes being raised with every hand.  Problem was, the game wasn't pazaak but sabacc and there was more than one skifter in the deck. Any experienced sabacc player could see that the odds were not predictable enough to call the outcome.  That meant all bets were bad.

Mac boarded his ship The Crystal Paymaster, and settled into the pilot's seat.  He ran through the familiar pre-flight checklist and started to warm the impulse engines.  He checked in with his crew to see if there had been any further developments while he had been gone, but no one reported anything of value.  Once the ship had maneuvered past the airlock, Mac gave the sub-lights a little juice. Once he was operating free of the space station, he opened a channel to The Crystal House.  Mac sent his message on open channel, since it was likely everyone was listening anyway.  He called out the Dejarik move 'Kintan Strider to M'onnok 4", which normally results in either the Kintan strider death gambit or a fork.  Undara would know that since the death gambit resulted in the loss of the Kintan strider piece and since Mac was still alive, Undara should draw conclusions from the fork.  The fork move places the opponent in a position where two pieces are under attack and only one can be saved.  Judas was willing to consider talking, no promises. 

With that transmission, Mac went back to comm silence and  worked his hyperspace jumps to lose any trailers...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 10:54:28 PM EDT »

Agnost and Mickey had decided that there was nothing to be gained by staying.  Agnost was effectively closed out of Olrac's circles and Mickey had found only bits and pieces of information with nothing to tie any of them together.  The information about a fabled Mandalorian fleet turned out to be a small Sheteshoy flotilla in the vicinity of a old nav beacon.  Other than the fact that it meant the Sheteshoy clan was back in the galaxy, it was inconclusive relative to their direct inquiries.

Mickey was egressing from her last mission into the Olrac organization when something unusual caught her eye.  One of Olrac's men was carrying his kit with him towards one of the public refresher units in Vaiken station.  He seemed in a little bit of a rush and perhaps had not packed his bag all that well, one of the sleeves of his spare tunic was hanging out of a seal which had not been fully closed.  Mickey supposed that in itself would not have been reason to be bothered.  What did bother her was that the sleeve patch was an Empty Night patch and the person carrying it was a confirmed Olrac operative.  Those two facts made this interesting.

Mickey began to moved towards the man. "Hold up sister", threatened a voice behind her.  Carefully, she reached for the shiv in her right boot.  Perhaps this could be done silently.  "uh-uh, none of that, now", the disembodied voice stated coolly. "Just you step over here with both of those hands held hi...".
His sentenced choked off mid-command and Mickey could see him now as he started to lift off the deck.
The man grasped furiously at the invisible pressure on his windpipe.  His vision blurred, running to greyscale.  His eyes began to bulge and his hand motions began to lose their energy.  Soon, his eyes started their roll to the back of his head and he landed in a heap on the deck.

"Agnost", Mickey started. "You have SUCH an effect on people."

They started for The Crystal Shard and shared what each had discovered.  Mickey shared the confirmation of an Olrac operative in possession of an Empty Night uniform.  Agnost shared that he had found a locker which had Ankoun Entity uniforms.  Clearly, there was now strong support for the concept of sleeper agents, or perhaps even collusion. It would be hard to draw appropriate conclusions until they re-connected with Duke Undara.  There was nothing more to be gained by staying on Viaken Station and they had no hope of getting close to Olrac.  It was time to re-connect and adjust the plan...

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 09:42:03 AM EDT »

Things were looking up, but the war was devastating on many fronts for both sides. Empty Night lost about five hundred lives and most of their ground bases and half their fleet. The Ankoun Entity lost just over two hundred, but they lost nearly ALL of their bases outside the Corellian Sector. Not to mention their representative in the Senate and one of their Elders which was truly devastating.

They both hurt, each side filled with distrust and hate towards the other, and each blamed the other group for starting the war and for methods they classified war crimes. Empty Night believed that the Entity's method of warfare was cruel and cowardly. They use sophisticated viruses to shut off life support on vessels, they use orbital bombardment on ground targets without caring for who is inside them, and they used their Justis fleet to destroy indiscriminately.

The Entity on the other hand, also accused the Night with cowardice and cruelty. Their use of suicide squads on multiple occasions showed true savagery in their opinion. The use of civilians and families inside military bunkers as shields was cowardly and the Empty Night developed Naquilic explosive, that not only killed everything in a wide area, but also infected nearby targets with its radioactive properties was especially cruel.

The Night say that a mistake happened on their part and sent an apology to the Entity, which they threw back in their faces and declared war upon them, and the Entity claimed that the Night struck first and never gave a chance for diplomacy and began executing.

Peace seamed far off, but with the new evidence of a conspiracy and a fifth column might enforce the original claim of Imperial sleeper Cells. Peace wasn't completely without reach, it only needed open minds and hearts with the capacity to forgive and forget...

After the new developments, Naoko decided to break the silence with Ceid. As soon as she was alone in her room on the Crystal House, she called him. As he came on the holo, she saw him smile for a moment even though his appearance was that of disapproval.

"Hello Wife! Fancy seeing you. Finally decided to call?" He reproached

"You're right, I deserve that tone. I am sorry. There was something that I had to do that I couldn't tell you about." She said with a calm apologetic tone.

"Really? I was worried sick about you and you say you couldn't tell me about it?" He asked almost offended.

"I was afraid that you would say no." She explained.

"Afraid? We ..." He raised his voice in anger.

"Look!" She interrupted. "You have every right to be mad. I would be too in your place. But please understand. Your priority was never peace. Your priority was the Entity. And I can respect that. But I couldn't talk to you about peace when you and everyone else were burning to the core. Everything I had to say would have fell on deaf ears, and I would have been trapped by sudden surveillance." She explained.

The way she spoke aroused a sense of suspicion within him. "Peace?... Naoko... Where are you?" He asked with an accusing tone.

This was it, the moment of truth, lying wouldn't help now. "I left to broker an understanding. I am with Cymstar, Assad and Carliste Creek." She said then Ceid slammed his fist on the table.

"CREEK?!"

"WAIT! Please just listen, many people on both sides question the war, and the Crystal delegation  
was informed by Sunder about the peace talks and they were invited." She pleaded.

"Sunder knew about this? And Assad is with you? I AM going to snap their necks!" He said with anger, then gave himself time to relax as Naoko watch on in worry. "What evidence does Cymstar have?" She said.

"Something substantial. I don't know all of the details. But they request an audience at the meeting. I thought you might help." She asked.

Ceid kept quiet for a moment, then spoke. "The Crystal house can always find a friend in me. If they want a seat at the talks, I'll make it happen."

"Thank you." She said with a smile, then hesitantly continued. "I am so sorry Love. I wish that things didn't work out the way it did... I love you." With a show of anger, Ceid cut off the transmission, leaving Naoko staring at a deactivated Holo, with sadness clearly visible on her face... A few moments passes, the her holo beeped and she answered. It was Ceid, massaging his face with both his palms. He took a deep breath and let it out as he forced his anger to dissolve. Then he rested his face on his palms. "I'm sorry about that. Everyone is stressed I guess. I know this was hard on you too, but next time, even if you leave without asking, let me know where you are so I don't worry. I thought Empty Night had you." She smiled then  Ceid continued. "I love you too."

Her smile widened. "So what's this I hear about you being an Elder now?"

"How did you know?" He asked curiously.

"Assad told me. He's pretty happy about that."

"Well, if you thought it was hard to be married to an Ankoun, think of how an Elder's wife will be treated." He said with a sarcastic voice and she jokingly pouted with disapproval. "Alright, I will see you at the meeting." She nodded and they ended the call.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hemza Ankoun was chosen to be the Entity's representative, as he was the highest ranking field commander within the Entity's Military after his recent promotion, and he had the most experience dealing with Jacson Bralor. He brought with him the belt he snatched off of his opponent a while back during the Lore Keeper incident back on Corellia. It was in the same condition as when he took it. He knew that Bralor didn't need it, but it represented an unsettled score, and returning it would be a show of good faith no matter how small.

As the small, yet secure Entity Research facility on Nar Shadda came to full preparation, they received a word from the Crystal Delegation that they were ready to receive both parties at the Casino. A public place with large areas that suited such a stressful meeting. A private room was rented in the back and was secured and ready to host the second phase of the talks if they reached that far. House Crystal acted as a third unbiased party with elements of both groups, that seamed worthy of trust. It was rumored that the Sheteshoy clan might make an appearance, though that was never verified.

"We are ready Sir. And the other sides are ready." A tech told Hemza and he nodded. The location of the Empty Night base was undisclosed, just as their's was.

"Alright, patch us and the Crystal Delegation through." The Colonel said and looked on as the large figure he had fought with on the streets of Coronet appeared, on the second transmitter, and image of Duke Undrra, and Master Crystalstrider appeared...

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:35:32 PM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 04:08:47 PM EDT »

Ghanik strolled through the streets of Nar Shaddaa, enjoying the anonymity provided by wearing a different set of armor. His grey armor was one of his older sets, still useful in the occasional recon mission, where Orange Armor would be out of place. He had seen an Ankoun earlier, but had lost him in the crowds. Tracynka'rta was off spending the family wealth, so Ghanik was off on his own until called in by one of the parties. His other armor was stashed nearby, ready to go. He had a couple of houses in the area he could grab additional kit if he needed it, but he doubted that the meetings today would go that sour, considering the number of people on the concourse. He moved through the crowd, idly checking faces against the Global Bounty List. 

CymStar

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 09:42:58 PM EDT »

It was a relatively small gathering, entering the Casino.  Master Cymstar, Duke Undara, Kandoo, Naoko and Carliste walked towards the private room which they had been told was rented out to them for this meeting.  The casino was boiling with life, at the pazaak tables, the sabacc tables, the tables of dice and spinners; everywhere there was the thrill of the chase as clients chased their dreams of scoring big.  But there was also the overwhelming aura of despair as people who had hoped to better their lives with a few credits felt the crushing burden and dejection as the house played the cards it had stacked against the clients.  It wasn't that this was a dishonest house, but the percentages always favored the house and most sentients just weren't that good at calculating the odds.

Each of the members of this crew were somewhat lost in their own thoughts, trying to piece out the words they may say in support of peace and unity.  So it was a startling moment when someone in the crowd called out "You!  Sith! I remember you from Tattoine!  You destroyed my farm and family,  and I'm going to end you here!"   In just the fraction of time it took for his brain to register the report of a blaster, Undara hand one of his lightsabers out to deflect the shot.  He allowed the force to control his movement and the blade arrived in front of the bolt just in time.  Undara did not have time to direct it, only deflect it. Reacting more than thinking about how his actions might be perceived,  Undara reached out in the force and called the blaster to him. The rage in his opponents eyes just grew stronger.  His opponent took a shiv from his boot and charged at the surprised Duke.

Kandoo stepped in between Duke and the attacker.  The man, being smaller than Kandoo, ran into and bounced off of the tall, solidly built soldier.  "Whoa, fella.  That was a long time ago.  He has no argument with you, now...here."  Kandoo slowly reached up and pulled off his helmet.

"Kandoo?" the man sputtered, incredulously.  "We thought you were dead."

"I suspected you might have Armand.  But, I'm not.  The man you just took a pot-shot at recovered me and paid the specialists from his own credits to get me back together".  Kandoo thought it would not be of any benefit to also point out it had been Undara who had nearly killed him.  No sense confusing things any more than they are. "This is Duke Undara Silver...uh, CrystalStryder of Alderaan.  Perhaps you have him confused with another?"

There was a look of bewilderment on Armand's face, replaced by horror, and then embarassment. "I, I, I am most sorry, my lord.  Please forgive me, I didn't know."

Undara returned his blaster back to him. "Well, Armand, there was no harm done.  Hopefully, we might meet again under better circumstances?"

"Yes, my lord.  Thank you", Armand said sheepishly.  He turned and began to fade into the crowd.

"Kandoo," Cymstar began, "have you ever considered a career in acting?"  The small group broke out into laughter, which helped greatly in dispelling their prior nervousness.  "Someone you know?"

"Yes," the hulking soldier replied.  "Moisture farmer from the next settlement over from ours.  He fought with us when the Imperials overran Anchorhead.  He was there when your father came through.  That was where I was nearly killed.  I'm sure he saw that, I'm pretty big to miss and I didn't have much finesse then.  But after the battle was over, the Duke sent me of to a cybernetics doctor.  He must've been pretty good, because I'm still here."

"Indeed you are, Kandoo, indeed you are", Undara wondered.  The boy had certainly broadened his skill set in the between their meetings.  The concierge lead the party to the appropriate room.  It contained a large conference table with space behind each seat for personal attendants, recorders, staff.  In front of each chair was a mini-holocam and microphone.  Kandoo sat down and got his working first; one of the advantages of a cyborg is their intuitive talent with technology.  Duke Undara, also part Cyborg was next and Cymstar being only human finally got his turned on.  Naoko and Carliste took other of the open seats.  Now, it was just the waiting for the others.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:57:17 PM EDT by CymStar »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 11:36:49 PM EDT »

Judas' holocom beeped and one of his agents on Nar Shaddaa stood to attention.

"Sir, a delegation of the Ankoun Entity arrived on the moon six standard hours ago, then disappeared.  We're trying to locate their safehouse.  Also, the remnant of House Crystal arrived in the company of Naoko Ankoun and your cousin Carliste.  Orders?"

Judas himself was about to exit hyperspace near the Smuggler's Moon, which was an astonishing coincidence.  Well, fate had been kind to him before.

"Tail them both.  They'll be meeting somewhere, I want to know where.  Get a wetworks team in place to eliminate the Entity delegation.  I'm coming out of hyperspace now, and I'll want to lead them myself.  I'll meet with Laren once I land in a half hour, have a prelim report by then.  Judas out."

The agent saluted and the connection cut, leaving Judas smiling.  A peace delegation would mean a high ranking Entity member, which would be another shot of morale for his people.  Pulling the trigger himself?  That was just a bonus.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 08:06:28 AM EDT »

Jacson's holocom activated and he was looking at the soldier from Corellia.

"What do you want, aruetii?"

Hemza was provoked the moment the Mando'an came on the holo with his adversarial tone. But due to his station, he couldn't allow his personal feelings to get in the way of his mission.

He simply replied. "Colonel Hemza Ankoun. Field Commander of all Entity Military Forces. Your Warlord Jacson Bralor." He paused the continued. "Neither of us care about politics. They forced me to say this, so enough with the pleasantries. We are sending you a brain scan and the medical report of the man who attacked your daughter. I don't understand it myself. But I am sure your techs can authenticate the scans. It proves that the Ankoun was suffering from Sith mind control. Also sending a recording from Ord Mantell, of the attack on your team. We are not responsible, also attached is an Imperial transmission that proves that the Sith Olrac was behind the attack."

Hemza hated compromising as a soldier, but he had no choice. "As your techs will confirm, we have both been tricked. Examine our findings and decide. We can talk more personally, at the casino, hosted by a neutral party. You can send a team to the meeting to review all security measures before attending if it makes you feel better. We request a resolution to our conflict, so we can inflict pain to the Empire."

Duke Undara broke in. "Warlord Bralor.  I would like to add that members of House Crystal also discovered some interesting leads on Vaiken Space Station.  We were following a member of Lord Olrac's line troopers and discovered that he carried in his kit a jumpsuit with Empty Night emblems. We also discovered a locker which contained a variety of Ankoun Entity uniforms of various purposes - Flight suits, maintenance jumpsuits, diplomatic uniforms, etc.  It does look as if someone is prepared to masquerade as either organization for purposes of their own agenda."

Jacson frowned at the conciliatory nature of the conversation.  It was clear Hamza didn't like him, and the feeling was mutual.  But he was there to talk, and he had nothing against the Crystal Delegation.  The holonet uplink in his helmet received the scans, and he sent them along to an Empty Night routing facility.

"If you're telling the truth, then there's going to be hell to pay.  Alor Bralor wants the men that attacked his nephew and granddaughter dead, and I will gladly oblige.  But if you're lying to me, I will BURN you.  Am I clear?"

Hemza raised both hands in a calming manner. "Believe me Bralor, nothing would give me more pleasure than to fight you again. I don't like you, but I respect you as a warrior. We are similar you and I but this is bigger than the both of us. The scans and vids are real. We tell the truth, The man that attacked your daughter, the one that was used by Olrac as a puppet and discarded, was the Ah'geed's grandson and my oldest friend. And Olrac will pay for that insult. The enemy of your enemy is a temporary ally, and we have a mutual enemy."

Hemza stood straight and continued. "We shall wait your arrival at the casino." Hemza concluded.

He and a highly trained team reached the meeting spot, and after being greated by the Crystal Delegation, a Bralor team arrived and inspected the security measures. When they were satisfied, Jacson walked in. Hemza stepped up and unhooked Bralor's old belt that he took on Corellia from his shoulder and threw it to him. "I believe this is yours, in prime condition. Not that you can't replace it, but consider it a peace offering." Hemza said then stepped back.

Jacson caught the belt and looked it over, then took off his helmet and grinned. "My team just confirmed what you sent us.  Aliit Bralor is pulling all support from Imperial Corellian operations. I'll take this to Judas.  He'll see reason if I have the pound it into him."

"There is more." Undara cut in. "It's not just about your clan my friend. We have something to show you. The deception runs much deeper.  I shared with you via holo the discoveries on Vaiken Station.  But not all of them.  My agents were attacked as they attempted egress from Vaiken.  They were successful in defeating the attacker.   While the attacker was unconscious, they searched him for additional evidence."  Undara placed a memory capsule on the table in front of Kandoo. "I have not yet shared with either Naoko nor Carliste this latest discovery as I wanted these talks to be unbiased.  Kandoo, if you would display the contents for everyone here, please."

Undara stepped to a presentation screen in the front of the room and everyone took a seat around the conference table. "I have never been to either of your organization's facilities, but it appears to me that these diagrams represent architectural schematics of what I would guess are Ankoun Entity Headquarters and Empty Night base operations. Because I have been to neither, I display these for your organizations to review and assess.  We have only captured the images and have returned the originals to the defeated agent so that our discovery might remain undetected.  However, if these truly are what the schematics represent, then I suggest that both organizations remain at danger of yet another attack."

Undara returned to his seat.  Cymstar sensed levels of surprise mixed with tinges of fermented anger. It was unclear to him whether Undara's new information would help diffuse the situation or create further distrust.

Cymstar stood and spoke. "As Kandoo so quaintly stated,  we have been played.  We have opportunity now to walk away from this violence which decimates our ranks and allows the true enemy to gain large amounts of territory while we save him the trouble of destroying us with his forces.  The question on the table for us to consider is how will we now move forward?  How will you answer for your organizations and will your organizations honor what you commit to today?"

Cymstar sat down.  Now comes the real test of past friendships and loyalties.  Was Undara right?  Would facts and truth persuade where other arguments had not?

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 09:25:42 AM EDT »

(*Warning: This post may contain language that is not appropriate for Children. Reader's discretion is adviced.*)

When Duke Undara stood and before he could start explaining, Naoko got a String message over her holo that surprised her. She stood up and spoke "Gentlemen, Please excuse us. We'll oversee security sweeps." Then she tapped Carliste on the shoulder. As the delegations returned their attention to Undara, Carliste inaudibly moved his lips to the words 'What are you doing?', she replied in the same fashion 'Just come!' then she left the room and he soon followed.

"What was that all about?" Carliste asked puzzled.

"Huge problem." She started. "That was Sunder. He and the Bralor security techs are coordinating to ensure no mishaps occur. He was tipped off from them that Judas is touching down on the planet within the hour. These guys will still be inside, if he tries something, it could be disastrous. We have to get to him."

Carliste had a look of worry on his face that instantly dissolved. "So... This is it..." He paused, then continued. "Lets do it."

When they reached the spaceport, Carliste gave them access to the Empty Night private bays while avoiding all their security measures. He was deeply intimate with the way Empty Night operated and there was no one better than him who could avoid them. When on the inside, they hid in a maintenance room and they waited for the Silver Queen to land.

"Alright, if we're going to do this, we have to do it the moment the Queen Lands. Wait for everyone to leave the ship, then we go in. If we let him leave the ship, it will be too late. He will have a team meet him in the Ops room in HQ." Carliste started.

"What if Judas leaves first." Naoko asked.

"Judas always leaves last as a precaution. In case of traps or ambushes, the crew takes care of them then he lands." He explained.

"Alright. Won't their still be crew on board?" Naoko asked again.

"Yes, a skeleton crew. I know them, they are of no danger. But we'll try not to be seen." He said. "I can sneak in. I purposely wore standard armor. I will be able to pass undetected. You however..." She cut him off.

"Don't worry, I can shroud myself in the force for a few moments, I will be completely invisible if we can make the entry quick." He nodded and they waited until Judas' ship landed. It soon did, and the small team sprung to action. When the security teams spread out to secured the area, one of the officers approached where Carliste and Naoko were hiding. Carliste dispatched the officer and put on his own helmet so he and the patrol couldn't be told apart.

Carliste was now able to walk in, though still with a measure alertness, and Naoko as promised, was no longer visible. Though she couldn't hold it for long, so they had to move fast.

When on the inside, the two reached the cockpit and finally, they saw him, Judas Creek...

For Carliste, Judas was the same as when he left the Queen. But for Naoko, it's been months.

After her return from the Empire, Naoko and Judas met a few times within the Corellian League and they reconciliated. At the time, she believed their relationship would mend again, but things rarely workout the way one wants. She felt her heart fall to her stomach at the site of the man. At one point, she had feelings for him, that soon flourished to an almost familial bond. "Judas." She said in a low voice. He turned slightly only to catch her with his peripheral vision. The moment he saw her, he reached for his blasters, but she had already pulled them with the aid of the Force, and threw them behind her. Carliste picked them up.

Naoko cleared the distance between Judas and herself instantly and tried to subdue him. She, as a Jedi Sentinel, was Judas' better in hand to hand combat, but Judas was no pushover. After a few moments of light combat, Judas reached under his duster, in the small of his back and pulled another blaster. As she dove for cover behind the copilot's seat, Carliste came running through Judas with a massive tackle. "What's wrong with you? She's no threat to you." Carliste yelled as he tried to pin his cousin to the ground.

Judas rolled and pushed him off as he yelled. "Back off Carst!"

The moment Judas came to his feet, Naoko with haste, got up and then, slapped Judas to a halt...

It wan't all that painful, and she didn't do it from a tactical stand or as a warrior. She was a woman heart broken, acting on a whim. As it echoed in the Cockpit, the slap fueled with so much anger, disgust, sadness and disappointment, somehow transfered Naoko's feelings to Judas, who was  - to his shock - ashamed. He has been questioning his actions and methods for the last day or two, and this solidified his feelings. As his head turned to the left due to her slap, he remained still, with his blaster pointed to her chest. But Naoko was indifferent to the weapon as she looked him in the face.

After a few moments of silence, "Don't dig too deep Blue... Or else you'll find yourself in a hole that you can't clime out of..." She said with watery eyes and angry features. He never met her gaze.

"Do you remember?... You said that to me a long time ago. It's time to return the favor and give you your own advice." He didn't say anything, "I heard what you said to Ceid you know." She said with a sad smile and he suddenly looked at her with anger... then regret and moved his gaze to the left again. "Say hi to Naoko for me?... Really? Are you going to kill me Judas?" She said as she moved to the left to meet his gaze. He looked to the other side. "No? Then what? Rape me?" She said with an angrier tone and moved to the right to meet his gaze again. He tried to look away when she became simply aggressive. "LOOK AT ME!" She yelled and grabbed his chin and pointed his face towards hers. He reacted with grabbing a hand full of her hair from the back of her head in anger, but he didn't pull. She again didn't care, all she wanted was for him to talk.

"That was just a taunt. First tactic of war. Demoralize your enemy." He said with a cold tone. Though her presence was clearly affecting him. Through out the course of the war, he had multiple chances to attack installations that she was present at, but he refrained simply because she was there. He would never admit it to anyone, but he cared for her in the same way as she did. Judas never ever cared what people think of him, but for some reason, he cared what she thought.

"Ceid is not your enemy. He was your brother!" She said with strength in her voice.

"HE BECAME my enemy the moment he attacked me! The Ankouns fired the first shot!" His loud, deep voice almost hovered in the air.

"It was all a trick! You both been fooled! You both have been manipulated from day one and you fell for it! So much for the mighty Night and Entity! You hate them so much? Then what are you waiting for? My last name is Ankoun Now! Why don't you shoot me?" She said then pushed the barrel of his blaster close to her stomach. "Go ahead Judas, shoot good ol' Blue."

He held his composure for a few more moments, then pushed her back after letting go of her hair and pushed the blaster to her face and yelled. "Lies! If you were anyone else you would already be dead!"

As Carliste got to his feet, he tried to reason with his cousin. "Judas, everything she is saying is true. We have so much confirmed evidence that Orlac is behind everything! All of the attacks, Fain's body that he stole and replaced with a bomb to attack the Ankoun Tower. Everything! If you would just open your eyes, you will see that you are threating one of the few people who actually care about your sorry ass!"

As Judas flashed a confused and angry look to his cousin, Naoko walked up to Judas, put her hand over the blaster and gently pulled it down, then she reached up and kissed him on the forehead. "I've always trusted you, and you trusted me. Have faith in me one more time. Just listen." She said as he looked in her eyes and couldn't see any signs of deception. Then they were interrupted by a deep voice from the entrance.

"You should listen to her Judas! She is a smart lady." As the three in the cockpit looked to the door, they saw Jacson Bralor and Hemza Ankoun standing there, and a mixed team of Bralor and Ankoun personnel standing behind them. "You and your old buddy Ceid have been played as a bunch of Di'kuts." Said Jacson. "I have so many things to show you."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:32:53 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

CymStar

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 10:39:19 PM EDT »

"The future is always in motion, Cymstar", Duke Undara had told him.  "Very difficult to see..."  The fact that Undara had shared that with Cymstar on the way into the conference room made sense.  No one could know whether the information presented would heal or further wound.  But perhaps it was something else...

After Undara had presented the last of his evidence and corroborating information, there had been some questions.  Nothing angry or dark, more as from interested parties, people who were putting pieces of a puzzle together.  As the meeting started to break up, Cymstar was pleased to see that members of the Empty Night and Ankoun Entity were mingling, comparing notes, working together to run down what the evidence might mean, where it would lead them.

Undara, Cymstar and Kandoo asked forgiveness for needing to leave and started towards the main casino.  A number of the attendees filed out with them, the gaggle traveling somewhat together, without necessarily intending to do so.  Cymstar took note that neither Carliste nor Naoko were with them.  They must've slipped out earlier in during the presentations.

As they reached the middle of the casino, Cymstar felt a warning in the force and turned to his left.  Cymstar saw Undara spin to his right and ignite his lightsaber, but was seconds too slow and a blaster bolt caught him in the upper chest and another to the head.  He fell in a heap on the floor of the casino. Kandoo immediately unholstered that big cannon of his and took a defensive position in front of Undara's prostrate form and returned a withering spray of suppression fire.  Cymstar created a force shield on the back side of Kandoo to protect them both.

Perhaps it would have been a good gambit.  The assailants had taken up positions on each side of the casino.  As the guest began shrieking and  sprinting towards the exits, Cymstar could see that the group firing from the right wore uniforms of the Ankoun Entity security forces.  The group on the left wore emblems of the Empty Night.  To the untrained eye, it might have appeared that they were firing at each other.  To the trained eye, they would see that both sides were just pouring blaster fire into the small group in the center of the casino.  Yes, it might have worked perfectly to advance the war between the Entity and the Empty Night.  Except for one small detail.

As a precaution, neither the Empty Night nor the Ankoun attendees to the meeting had worn ANY emblem.  It was a neutral meeting.  Nothing could have prepared Cymstar for what happened next.

After the initial surprise of the attack, The meeting attendees force sense registered surprise, then recognition, then anger, then a very cold, methodical clicking of pieces into place.  Perhaps, had the attackers ambushed them going into the meeting, it might have had the desired effect.  Now, after these highly trained, professional beings had seen the evidence - everything was begin confirmed in their minds and they sprang into action.  The force had a sense of humor in that way.  Though the attackers wanted to appear to be two factions fighting each other while eliminating opponents, the emblems they wore to affect the gambit now acted like target beacons to the Ankoun and Empty Night personnel who had no emblem at all.

In less than a minute, a dense defensive perimeter had been established.  Ankoun beside Empty Night making a very professional and methodical advance on the enemy.  Cover fire, advance position, cover, recover, advance, the blaster fire from the two teams started to settle into a deadly pattern - precise, systematic.  With each pair of shots from the floor an enemy fell, while the strikes from the balcony against the advancing teams never seemed to stop the advance, interrupt the rhythm into which the teams had settled. Now they were working up the stairs and the lifts, now they were closing and switching to hand-to-hand combat so that there would be survivors to interrogate.

And through it all Cymstar sensed no malice.  Just a calculatingly cold decision-making which certainly unnerved the ambushers.  Then, it was over.  The air filled with ozone and charred decor, burned flesh and fabric, the screams gone, the people gone and only the silence of the battle's aftermath remaining.  Cymstar's thoughts came back to him. "Father!"  He turned to see Undara still lying on the floor.  It was bad, the bolt to the chest had not been shielded, and the one to the head looked as if it took part of his right cheek bone.  His breathing was labored.  Cymstar struggled to keep his own emotions and anger under control as he tried to use the force to stabilize Undara.

Sunder came running up behind Cymstar. He had his blaster at the ready, then shock registered on his face as he saw Undara.  Cymstar felt the resolve emanating from Sunder. "What can we do to help, Master Jedi?"  Cymstar heard the words but his battle with his own emotions took too much of his energies to respond.  Kandoo spoke up, his soft voice seeming out of place in the midst of the carnage.

"Cymstar, I can take him to Tatooine.  I know a good cybernetic doctor there.  If Sunder can give us transport, that will leave you to meet the others of house Crystal when they arrive.  They will wat to hear any news from you, not me."  Cymstar nodded and Kandoo gently reached down and lifted Undara off the floor.  With a nod to Sunder, the two of them commandeered a speeder and headed for the spaceport.  Cymstar was certain that his healing skill had stabilized Undara for a short while and Sunder was sure to have some medical facilities on his ship.

Cymstar could not believe how difficult it was to master his emotions.  Just a short while ago, he had not even known his father was even alive.  Now, suddenly, to have had some time where the entire Crystal family had been in one place, working together, and to have that all taken away.  It was nearly too much.  McTavish.  That's who was standing over him now.  Cymstar looked up.

"Well, to be honest, you look like you've had better days", McTavish said dryly, his thumbs tucked into his blaster belt.  And Cymstar laughed.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 01:24:18 AM EDT »

Jacson listened and watched with growing anger.  Not at the Entity, but at whoever was behind the attacks.

"One thing doesn't make sense.  The Empty Night does business with the Corellian Cabal."

He smirked at the looks of horror and outrage.  "Poetic, isn't it?  They finance their own enemies.  The Empty Night is always about profit, Judas is the only one affiliated with your little League, and he's killed to keep that secret from the galaxy.  It doesn't make sense that Olrac would spoil a profitable arrangement like that."

"Then we'll have to look a little deeper," Duke Undara replied.

After the meeting broke up, Jacson relinked his helmet to the implants in his temple and found three missed messages.

"So, Judas is here.  This should be interesting."

He headed out of the conference room to the casino proper and looked over the carnage.  A look of disappointment crossed his concealed face at having missed the action, but there were more pressing issues.  He walked over to where Hemza was overseeing the prisoners.

"Your men fight like savages," Hemza said.

"They're criminals, not soldiers," Jacson replied. "Discipline works for the Entity, but out here with the scum it's the brutal who survive."

"And you wonder why we were destroying you."

The big Mandalorian let the quip pass, rightly deciding it wasn't worth the effort.  "Judas just landed, and I think Carliste and Naoko went to meet with him.  I know you're a man of honor.  Will you assist me in talking some sense into my employer?"

Hemza paused for a moment, then nodded and headed for the spaceport with Jacson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks Later

Olrac entered his office on Corellia with a sour look on his face.  The smug crime lord was sitting in his chair, with a Beskar affiliate leaning on the desk.

"You are sitting in my chair, Creek," he said, putting as much annoyance into his voice as he could.

Judas raised a glass with a smirk.  "I'm drinking your alcohol too.  Not the best vintage, but then nobody ever claimed the Sith had taste."

He drained the glass, then stood and walked around the desk.  Olrac moved around the opposite side and sat down after dusting off the seat.  "What do you want?"

"To know why the Cabal tried to stab one of it's business partners in the back," Judas answered.

"You'll have to be more specific.  I have disposed of several tools that have become useless."

"Well, this time the disposal didn't take.  Word of advice: next time you want to kill me, have the guts to try it yourself."

Olrac kept his face neutral.  "Let me be clear.  If I had wanted you dead, you would be dead.  If I wanted your syndicate wiped out, it would be gone.  You chose to engage in a war with the Ankoun Entity.  I had no part in it.  Either you survived, in which I would continue to do business with you; or you died, in which the Entity would be weakened and I would have wiped them out to avenge you."

"Then you didn't--"

"Of course not.  I knew you were being manipulated, of course.  But if you couldn't survive on your own, you had no business dealing with me.  Now my patience is reaching it's end.  This interview is over.  Good day."

Judas glared for a moment, then turned to the door.  Before leaving he paused.  "One last question.  If you weren't behind it, who was?"

Olrac smiled at him.  "And where is the fun in telling you that?"

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 09:02:46 PM EDT »

It seemed a little surreal.  Only a few years ago, it was Kandoo on the doctor's operating table and Duke Undara, operating under the name Deutschekastel, who was awaiting the result.  Now the roles were reversed.  After the attack in the casino, Sunder Ankoun had offered to transport the Duke to the cybernetics doctor who had patched up Kandoo, on Tatooine.  The trip had been quiet, uneventful.  The crew on Sunder's ship had tried to stabilize Undara's condition and had been modestly successful.

Now, Sunder has left to return to such business as the Entity required of him and Kandoo waited as the doctor worked.  A lot had happened since he was that teenager being repaired here.  Kandoo had matured and become much more a person of action.  But there was no action to be taken, except to wait.  And he would, it was only fair.

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2013, 06:11:47 PM EDT »

Judas sat at the Lounge area at the center of Corellian Orbital Station. Traffic in and out at a staggering rate, one would easily get lost within the crowd. As he leaned back in his sofa and put his feet on top of the table under the dimmed lights listening to the fast pace, throbbing music, he took a sip of a bottle filled with an alcoholic beverage and winced at the kick it had.

As Ceid approached him, Judas absentmindedly swung his head towards him, then looked back to the Holo-dancer in front of him; Indifferent to Ceid as he sat down next to him.

They both were major players in shadowy galactic events, especially in the core. As an Elder of the Ankoun Entity, and the Leader of Empty Night, they had targets on their backs wherever they went. That's why the security at the station today was intense. Not even a fly could get close to the lounge without it being IDed or detained by either the Entity or the Night.

"What you haven?" Ceid asked as he leaned back and low in his seat. His voice showing clear signs of fatigue.

"Who cares? As long as it does its job." Judas said as he took another gulp. His words were slurred. It wasn't like Judas to get drunk easily, Ceid thought, then he saw the four bottles in front of him on the low table, and things clicked together.

"I hear that!" Ceid said and took the bottle from Judas' hand as he was about to take another sip. Ceid put it to his lips and took long, heavy gulps. Judas looked at his empty hand annoyed, then shrugged, and reached down over the hand rest to his right and pulled another and opened it.

"What do you want?" Judas said as they both took in the holographic beauty of the dancer. "Other than objectifying women and enjoying hard fifty year old Corellian whiskey?" He said in a cold tone, then looked at Ceid when he didn't get a reply.

Ceid was never a drinker. He never drank, and on the rare occasions that he did, he would easily succumb to the effects of the alcohol. He would often need the aid of the force to clear his mind after a few sips. Today, Ceid was guzzling it down like there was no tomorrow.

"Easy there kid, you never were a drinker. This is some strong Shrista. It'll probably knock you on your ass."

"That's the point kid." Ceid said as he took another sip.

Judas huffed, took a sip and looked back to the dance. "So, your a big boss in the Kounies now! Congratz are in order! Cheers!" Judas raised the bottle mockingly.

Ceid let out a small laugh. "You're very kind Sir." Ceid said, not rising to the jab. "Head of the Force Arm. Seventeen force users under my command, and many force sensitive newborns in the last three months within the family. It's going to be interesting."

"I would wish you luck but... I just don't want to. High and mighty in your Empire... you're lucky the war ended when it did." Judas said with an annoyed tone at what he perceived as bragging.

"You're just as lucky." Ceid said as he put his feet up on the table and took a sip of whiskey. "You know what Judas?" Ceid started, and Judas leaned his head sideways looking at Ceid as he continued. "I inherited an Empire. On a plate of gold, I was handed a great power. You... You were never handed anything. You always saw what you wanted and just took it." Ceid also leaned his head in the direction of Judas. "You created your own Empire Judas... and I always respected that about you old friend, even during the war." Ceid raised his bottle and held it in the air for a bit.

Judas looked at Ceid, confused at the kind nature of the conversation. Ceid was once a close friend, but more recently he was a hated enemy. It was hard to forget, or even forgive what had happened. Despite knowing that it was all a trick, Judas still blamed Ceid for everything for some reason, and illogical as it was, the feeling was mutual. But despite the passive aggression that Judas has shown to Ceid, the Ankoun still spoke with no ill will. Judas knew that Ceid had always been kind, but this was simply annoying, and a little stupid... But he guessed that's what he always liked about Ceid, his kind heart. Judas raised his bottle and tapped Ceid's bottle. "Appreciated... old friend."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 22 queries.