The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:13:42 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Catch the world premiere of "Corellian Death Worm" tonight on CTV! - Would you like to know more?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WAR (Closed RP)  (Read 35838 times)

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
Re: WAR (Closed RP)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 05:14:02 PM EDT »

"With All due respect to you Gentlemen, that is an insulting question." She said with vigor, though she showed obvious signs of fatigue. "Of course I would help you. Or else I wouldn't be here."

She was sitting at the right center of the rectangular table, with her hosts spread around the table. She leaned in and continued.

"You know nothing of this war and how it started, it is much darker than you think. All the reports to the League as you have noticed Master Cymstar, are confusing and their data meaningless. That was done on purpose by Judas Creek, he wanted the League in the dark, so they wouldn't takes sides and tip the balance of power." She started explaining the long unbelievable story.

"Tensions have been rising between Judas Creek and Master Ceid Ankoun ever since the Lore Keepers' incident on Corellia in which you were a part of Cymstar. Ever since Judas created his terrorist organization, he has been turning increasingly to a darker path." She took a pause, took a drink of water from a crystal bottle present in the center of the table and considers how she must continue.

"Then someone sensed the tension and decided to take advantage. This was implemented when Major RTninefoursix's rampage began. During the mission, An Ankoun was attacked by an Empty Night agent, the Ankoun survived, and his attacker got away. Then Judas' niece so to speak, was attacked by an Ankoun without provocation, her attacker died. Both attacks were unauthorized. Later autopsy reports showed that the Ankoun attacker suffered from extreme brain wave anomalies, consistent with Force mind control. A report from the Ankoun surviver attacked by Empty Night confirmed the theory, and he reported an imperial transmission before said attack... Sleepers posted on both sides who's purpose is to spark a conflict between two of the more powerful shadow organizations funding the League who was actively facing the Imperial threat." Naoko went through word after word with increasing speed, her demeanor becoming more frantic as she moved through her sentences. As if unloading a cumbersome load off of her shoulders.

"Ceid delayed the Ankoun Entity's Elders in an attempt to reach Judas and inform him of the situation, but Judas simply shot him in the chest and never listened. Then Creek initiated a series of attacks upon Ankoun installations, savagely executing all hands and effectively declaring war on the Ankouns. The Ankoun Elders could only assume that Judas himself was indoctrinated, and ordered a full scale mobilization." She took a breath again, realizing that the mass of information could be overwhelming, the soldier appeared not to be listening, lost her half way through her rant, but Jedi and the Duke appeared to be following along.

"Recently, an Ankoun cell reported that Empty Night is trying to recruit The Sheteshoy Mandalorian Clan to fight for them, what was strange is that there was a strike targeted at the sheteshoy meet, and the cell gathered evidence that Lord Olrac was behind it. Things might have been salvageable a week ago, before Judas caused the death of the Ankoun Elder Rabi Ankoun, in which the League sent a delegation to his funeral. The Ankouns are now out for blood, and Empty Night doesn't know of the sleepers. The Elders want Judas dead and Judas wont listen and can't be reasoned with. The Entity have mobilized a devastating fleet and had Empty night on the run until the new Sheteshoy threat appeared. I fear this task is too complicated for any one party to take on alone."

She stopped and leaned back in her chair. "Now that you have caught up, I think it wise to wait until our final contact arrives. We have to do something." She said and closed her eyes. It was the first time in a week that she allowed herself to relax, knowing that she wasn't in any imminent danger in the presence of Cymstar. She hadn't had any sleep in a while either. With out realizing, after a few moments of silence from her hosts, she dozed off to sleep in her chair.

CymStar

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 09:13:08 PM EDT »

Moving silently, Cymstar called for one of his female crewmembers and had her carry Naoko to some private quarters where she could rest uninterrupted.  His instructions were for the female crewmember, Tia, to remain with their guest and to provide whatever Naoko needed.

When he returned to the conference room the silence still permeated the air.  "Clearly," Undara began, "Naoko is both a very brave woman and exhausted beyond endurance.  This news is disturbing in both the scale it has spun up to and also that Olrac is involved.  It is not surprising to me that he would take this opportunity to strike.  He is likely furious that the Gree artifact escaped him.  I don't know all the particulars of the RT946 engagement, but it sounds as if that did not end well either.  Neither is it surprising that the transmissions to the league have been intercepted or altered.  I believe that some members of the League already suspected this."

The silence returned.  Moments passed,  the continued silence making the air heavy.  Stifling, almost.

Cymstar spoke up.  "Kandoo, what are your impressions?"

"Clearly, the Duke has correctly described our guest's state of mind.  I was running biometrics with my bionics package.  Heart rate, elevated.  Mental capacities fogged - I would not be surprised if she has not slept in a few days.  Metabolism low - I suspect that she may not have been eating well, either.  There is something else, too, but I can't quantify it into measurable data."

"Heartbreak, Kandoo, heartbreak", Cymstar filled in.  "I'm  not so sure it is a measurable event via biometrics but her force aura screamed it out.  She carries a heavy burden to take this risk against her family, her husband Ceid.  We don't even know if Ceid would agree with her course of action.  The question, father, is where to we go from here?  How to we begin to unravel this mess?"

"I think that Naoko was very wise," Undara answered.  "The first step has been taken already, Mac is meeting with Judas.  Next, we need to see whether Carliste chooses to show.  We need data and we need facts, not this corrupted palaver which has been transmitted to the League.  It is the truth which will set us all free from these downward spiraling events.  We must learn the facts and we must find a way to get those facts, the truth, into the hands of Empty Night and the Ankoun Entity.  The truth is what will make the path clear to both parties.  But you can be assured that Olrac will have no interest in the truth reaching them.  We must learn which cells are compromised and find ways to flush the sleepers into the open.  We need hunters, people who can flow into and out of the organizations without creating enemies and who are experts at flushing out prey.  But, facts and truth first."

Cymstar knew the rest.  "So, we wait."

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:17:24 PM EDT by CymStar »
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 11:09:08 PM EDT »

Judas was about to head for his quarters for some sleep when alarms started blaring.

"Judas!  Kounie scouts in system!"

Judas cursed.  How the deuce did they find him?  No matter.  For now they couldn't be allowed to report back.

"Jam their communications and get after them!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aboard the scout ships, one of the Ankoun crewers noticed a ship on his sensors.  The registration for it listed the "Emerald Eclipse," but something was...off about it.  A bit of digging...

He froze.  The Silver Queen!  Judas' flagship!  "Assad!" he screamed.

Assad took one look at the readout and started calling orders.

"Evasive maneuvers!  Get us a jump vector.  And transmit our coordinates to anyone nearby.  Move it, people!"

"Sir, our comms are jammed.  We can't get help."

"Then our only hope is to run.  Get us a jump vector.  Now."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judas headed for the cockpit where the twins were working furiously.  He tapped Ehrea on the shoulder and she slid from the captain's chair, replaced by Judas an instant later.

"Status."

"Comms are blocked, they're heading for the edge of the system.  Luckily, we're faster."

Judas grinned.  Stock scouts trying to outrun the Queen?  Never going to happen.  With a few keystrokes he took control of all stations.

"Get to the turrets, girls.  I got this here."

Both echani stood at the same time and left the cockpit.  Judas' hands started flying over the consoles, and he smiled.  He punched the ship's intercom.

"This is your captain speaking.  We may experience some slight turbulence over the course of the next few minutes.  If all passengers could please strap yourselves in, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.  And disregard any sounds from the gun wells, it's just a live fire exercise.  Enjoy the trip."

With a flick of a wrist, the Queen lept forward, quickly gaining on the scouts.  One of them broke off from the rest, trying to delay the Queen so it's partners could escape.  A valient gesture, but ultimately useless.  As blasts of energy started going off around the freighter, he started juking and bobbing, and keeping forward.  The other two ships started to jump, but Judas fired a couple shots with the forward turbolasers, disrupting their course.  The two ships broke off, and the Queen got in range.  In an instant, the turrets opened fire.  One of the ships evaporated in a blast of gas and debris, sacrificed so the other two could get on his tail.  Judas threw the Queen into a barrel roll, then mid roll pulled up into a loop, reversing their positions.

The two scouts split off again, and Judas followed one, while the gun turrets kept the other busy.  The pilot was good, Judas could give him that.  The problem was that Judas was great.  It took some fancy maneuvers, but then the pilot slipped up.  And a missile connected with the engine compartment.

Aboard the scout ship, one of the crewers watched in despair as the second of his partners was destroyed.

"Assad," he said, "It's time."

"Not a chance.  I'm not leaving."

The crewer stood, moved next to Assad, and saluted.  "Very well, sir," he said, and slugged Assad in the jaw.

"All hands, abandon ship.  Take him with you."

The rest of the crew headed for the escape pods.  All except one.

"You can't do it alone," he said.  "Let's pull the Mad Man away."

Two down, one to go.  It spun away and made a break for the edge of the system again.  Obviously, a feint, but Judas gave chase anyway.  The Queen's targeting computer locked on, and Judas opened fire, destroying the final scout ship himself.  He sat back, smiling.  "I still got it."

Then the short range sensors started beeping.  He leaned forward, frowning.  Three separate signatures, running silent but for life support.  He grinned.  Any other ship would have missed them.  No other ship was like the Queen.

The contents of the cargo hold had all been locked down.  Judas vented the atmosphere and opened the bay doors.  Two of his crew pulled the pods in and the bay doors closed.  As the atmosphere pressurized again, the crewers slipped out of the hold, and the doors locked.  The surviving Ankouns stumbled out of the pod, along with Assad.  A moment later, the door steamed open, and two Echani women stepped in, one with a blaster and the other a lightsaber.  Behind them, Judas stepped in.  He met the glares of hatred with a neutral expression, then walked over and hauled Assad to his feet before sealing the remaining men in the hold once more.

Judas pushed Assad down into a chair in the crew quarters and bound his wrists to the arms.

"Well, if it isn't Assad Ankoun.  Can I offer you a drink?"

Assad glared for a moment. "That's mighty kind of you to offer. A 37 BTC Corellian whine would be great! Oh, and feel free to pick any form of deadly acid for yourself. The Creek Hospitality is legendary you know!"

"Thank you, it's a pleasure to be so well regarded.  Your family should have known better than to pick a fight with a crime organization.  We don't fight nice.  You've bloodied us, Assad, I'll give you that.  You hurt me bad.  But I'll be stronger for it.  So in a way, I guess I should thank you."

Assad's glare darkened, "We aim to please!" He said with a sarcastic and loud tone. "But don't thank us just yet Mad Man. We might slip up and introduce a dagger to your heartless chest cavity! You've got a lot of blood on your hands, and you WILL pay for it."

Judas' hand lashed out and slapped Assad across the face causing some blood to pool under his lip.  "Don't you talk to me about blood.  Don't you DARE!  You have no right.  Do you know how many of my people are dead because of you?  You cry because one of your elders bit it in a suicide attack.  I HAVE WOMEN AND CHILDREN DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!"

All of Judas' rage and hatred broke down his stoic barriers, threatening to sweep Assad away.

"Entire families gone because you bastards refuse to get your delicate hands dirty!  Because your cowardice would rather have you bomb a safehouse from orbit, or kill with a virus a dozen lightyears away.  That's not war, that's mass execution, and I don't do the same because I still have my code.  I still have my concience and humanity.  Do you even know what that is anymore?  You throw some money at widows when their men die in the line of duty, and then murder good people with a button push while still claiming to be the 'good' guys.  Do you know how hard it is when all a man can find of his wife and child is a LOCKET?  I hate every one of you for your cowardice and hypocrisy!  The blood spilled in on your family's hands, not mine.  And you call me a monster?  WHO'S THE REAL MONSTER HERE!"

"SAVE IT you self important self righteous sanctimonious Megalomania!" Assad Spat every word with blood spraying on every S and F sounds! "We aren't the ones who hid families and civilians in obvious military bunkers! We kill from a far? YES WE DO! But we do not line civilians on their knees in research lab and then pop bolts in the back of their heads. No one is clean, but you Murder in cold blood!"

Judas punched Assad in the stomach knocking the wind out of him. Then walked behind Assad and quietly pulled a knife from the prep area.

"At least I look the dead in the eye, coward, which is more than I can say for you.  We do what we have to, nothing more.  But you can count on this, osk'y.  My people will keep fighting, and keep killing.  Because wiping out something as evil as your family is a favor to the galaxy.  I can't bring back my people's families.  But I CAN save others from the same fate.  You say your blood is on my hands?  It isn't yet.  But it will start with yours."

Quick as lightning, Judas' hand snaked down and pulled Assad's right pinky away from the rest of his hand.  A flash of steel was followed by a spurt of blood, and Assad screamed in pain.  Judas tossed the knife in the cleaning sink and shoved his blood covered hand in Assad's face.

"Now I have blood on my hands.  And this is just the beginning."

He wiped the blood on Assad's shirt and walked out of the crew quarters, still holding the finger.  "Cauterize the stump, then throw him in an escape pod.  His family will pick him up."

The Queen dropped it's pod and took off, heading for Port Nowhere.  The one bit of good news in the death toll was that one of the scout ships managed to get a technical readout on the Justis vessels and transmit them before being destroyed.  He transmitted copies of the readouts to several research cells along with orders to find this fleet.  And when they surfaced again, a Mandalorian fleet would be waiting.  Something told him the tides were starting to turn.

Well, a small victory was still a victory.  Even with the death counts, he still had the specs on the Entity's newest toys, and a one-time use fleet that would guarantee a victory.  And he did after all tell his people to celebrate.  He'd be remiss if he did't follow his own orders.

As soon as Mac docked, Judas knew.  He motioned for another glass, then waited.

Mac's news was old news.  Judas had known the League wouldn't help, and he didn't want them to.  He was quiet for a moment, and that seemed to make Mac uneasy.

"Judas," he said, "talk to me."

Judas met Mac's gaze.  "What would you do, Visduke, if after losing your holdings on Alderaan, a former ally tried to finish wiping your family out?  That's what's happening right now.  This won't end, I'm afraid, not until one side or the other is gone.  And I'll be damned if it's my side."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:14:48 AM EST by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 11:20:02 PM EDT »

Carliste helped Assad into the escape pod, then slipped in next to him and punched the release.

"Wha...What are you doing?" Assad panted.

"I'm going to try to end this war," Carliste replied.  The pod shot away, the Queen jumped to hyperspace, and Carliste triggered his ship caller.

"Give it a half hour at most, my ship will be here."

"If my family doesn't find us first," Assad spat.

Carliste gave him a look.  "Right.  Yours were the only Entity ships in the area, and that surprised us because even you weren't supposed to be here."

He settled into his seat.  "No, my ship will be here first.  Might as well get a little sleep, it could be your only chance for a while."

A half hour later, the Corusca dropped out of hyperspace.  Carliste shook himself awake and checked his chrono.  He glanced over at Assad, still wide awake.  "Right on time," he said.

The pod was pulled into the Corusca's cargo hold and the two men emerged.  A miralukan woman stood at attention.  "Welcome back, lieutenant."

"At ease, sergeant.  There's a set of coordinates being uploaded, chart us a course and double-time it."

"Yes sir!"

The sergeant snapped a salute and headed for the cockpit.

The Corusca dropped out of hyperspace at the rendezvous point and hailed the House Crystal ship.  Carliste came aboard with Assad, and ran into Naoko waiting outside the airlock.

"Hello, Naoko, a pleasure to meet you in the flesh."

He gestured behind him to Assad, who stepped forward.

"I brought a gift for you, I thought you might like to have your brother back.  Let's talk."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 01:17:56 PM EDT »

Jacson's eyes widened at the mention of a Mandalorian carrier.  The Fessenler fleet.

Jacson had only heard stories of it from the old man, but ever since hearing of it he'd been working to get assigned to it.

"A carrier...would be a welcome help, even as a one time thing.  Done."

He looked down at his cousin's body again, a man who over the past two years had become a brother.

"As for him.  I hope you're joking, because I'm taking him and his armor home to Manda'yaim.  Alor's going to want him for burial.  And he'll want revenge for the loss of his heir.  Thank you, vod, ret'urcye mhi."

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 03:31:19 PM EDT »

Judas met Mac's gaze. "What would you do, Visduke, if after losing your holdings on Alderaan, a former ally tried to finish wiping your family out?  That's what's happening right now.  This won't end, I'm afraid, not until one side or the other is gone.  And I'll be damned if it's my side."

Mac winced.  That comment was very close to the mark.  Mac's family HAD lost their estate on Alderaan when the Imperials invaded.  His father, Duke Undara, had scattered the family.  Without resources, each family member had struggled, impoverished, for years before they started running across each other's paths again.  Mac knew that loss and all it represented.  Now, Judas' question went one step further.  What would Mac have done if the imperials had started hunting each of them down.  Perhaps that would've happened if Undara had not made a deal with the Empire to serve them while his family slipped away in the shadows.  Worse yet, what if it had been the Aldes or the Organas who hunted down the family?  Very tough questions.

Mac's mind raced as he took a drink of the Corellian Ale Judas had offered.  Time to be careful here, he thought to himself.  A careless comment might make matters worse.  Did Judas need someone to emphasize with his situation, or a good slap beside the head?  Remembering how many armed Men Judas had covering his position, Mac thought it would be important to get that right.  Mac took another carefully timed drink as the silence of Judas' question hung in the air. The cantina was beginning to fall silent, just like it did before one placed a big raise at the pazaak table.  Raise, Bluff, or Call.  Facts, Undara had said before Mac left.  Facts and Truth.

"To be honest, Judas, I don't know", Mac started.  "I'll save you all the platitudes about anger and revenge leading to the dark side.  I'll guess you're probably aware of that.  Certainly, I would struggle with my emotions, I'll grant you that.  But the thing I would wrestle with, the thought that would haunt me is this - the dead are dead.  More dead won't bring them back.  I'm pretty sure I would end up wrestling with the question on whether the 'more dead' part would do anything positive for those I cared about who are still living."  Mac paused to drain the rest of his glass.  "You've been in this business longer than I have and you have a heck of an organization.  If you win, you still have an organization, though probably much smaller.  If you lose, you have no organization.  The question I'll leave you with is which of those two outcomes benefits those who are left alive?  Or is there a third way?  Is there a way to settle your score with the Ankouns and still have something to benefit those you care about who are left?"

With that, Mac set his glass down, pushed back from the table and stood up.  "Is there any word you want me to take back to the League, or are we done here?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:35:27 PM EDT by CymStar »
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 03:33:17 PM EDT »

Naoko woke up in a dark yet comfortable room, she was disoriented and fogged, but she still knew exactly where she was... How could she forget.

When she sat up in her bunk, the door opened and a young woman came in and raised the lighting level. "Master Jedi, your awake. Can I get you anything?" She asked.

Naoko squinted and hid her face from the light. "Maybe some food later. But for now turn it off please." Naoko said politely, yet with clear discomfort.

The woman did as she was instructed. Then Naoko asked again, "What's your name?"

"Tia."

"Nice to meet you Tia. I'm Naoko. A Jedi emotional wreck." She said with her eyes closed still trying to relax.

"I'm sorry if my question is inappropriate Ma'am, I have always envied the Jedi's ability to control their emotions, but you still look shaken. What's happened to you?" The woman asked with genuine curiosity.

"Well I'm not a very good Jedi." Naoko said with a smile and the woman shook her head with a sudden fear that she offended, she did not mean to insinuate anything. "It's okay Tia. I know what you meant." Naoko leaned back in her bunk and continued. "Have you ever witnessed a man you cared about trying to kill a man you love?" She asked with a look of pain on her face. She was in love with Ceid since they were children and the day they married was the happiest day in her life. But during her years on Judas' ship, she developed a soft spot for the then smuggler and a true feeling of kinship. She developed protective instincts for Judas. And the war was just breaking her heart.

"That's how it is for me. And I am helpless to stop it. I don't even know what I could loose by coming here. My new family? Definitely. My friends? Maybe. My husband?..." She paused. She didn't know why she was telling this total stranger all of this. She just wanted someone to talk to without having the weight of the galaxy loom over every word.

"Your husband is an Ankoun, but I doubt he would leave you after you risked everything to save him..." Tia stopped for a moment. "It's stressful to marry into a family like that isn't it?" She asked with an understanding smile.

Naoko smiled back. "You don't know the half of it." She said then put both her palms on her face.

"Well...What can I say!" Tia started with a suddenly cheery tone. She then rolled her eyes and spoke again. "IN-LAWS!"

Naoko bursted in a full belly laugh, and let her body fall on the bunk. After a few seconds she slowly got up and stood. "Thank you Tia. I needed the laugh." Tia smiled back when they heard Master Crystalstrider over the com.

"Master Naoko, our last guest has arrived." Naoko acknowledged and headed to the docking bay with Tia. Her hosts met her and the newly arrived shuttle's hatched opened and she met Carliste Creek for the first time not counting the holo transmissions.

"Hello, Naoko, a pleasure to meet you in the flesh." Creek said and she smiled at him.

"The pleasure is all mine Major. It's a shame that we had to meet under these circumstances."

Carliste gestured behind him and a savagely beaten and bloodied injured man walked out. Naoko's expression turned drastically to horror at the sight of the familiar face. Her hands instinctively rose to cover her mouth in an expression of fear and worry and her eyes watered.

"Oh Assad!" She said with a weak voice.

He looked up, surprised to see his sister in-law in this strange place. Why is the wife of the new Elder, his first cousin here. Has she turned against the Entity... No that wasn't like her... There must be an explanation, he will bide his time and understand the situation before he acts. Judas owed him a finger...
He hid his thoughts and emotions well and painfully flashed a childish grin. "Hey baby sister! Don't you waist those tears on my account, at least I'm still alive."

Her tears flowed down her cheeks as she moved rapidly to him. All feelings of helplessness and heartbreak returned at the site of the Ankoun Intel field commander. This war wasn't effecting strangers anymore, it wasn't random numbers of casualties. It was finally affecting the people she cared about and she feared the worse in the times to come.

"I'm so sorry!" She said as she held either side of his face with her hands crying. "I'm so very sorry Assad!" She said and then hugged him tightly.

"EASY!" Assad yelped in pain. "Easy sis, I'm not a hundred percent." But she didn't listen and continued hugging him.

"I brought a gift for you, I thought you might like to have your brother back.  Let's talk." Carliste said with a kind face witch was strange for the large, obviously battle hardened soldier of Empty Night who engaged in battle against her family at several engagements.

"Thank you Carliste." She said as she let go of Assad gently.

At that point Cymstar stepped up and spoke. "Mr. Creek is right. Since we're all here, lets talk."

She nodded and Assad was taken to the Medical Bay while Carliste, Naoko and the Crystalstrider delegation went back to the conference room.

As they all were seated, Naoko spoke first. "I am not a strategist or a diplomat. I am a warrior, though, I am not feeling like one anymore. I feel helpless and that is strange for me. All I know is how to fight and win, and that seams like the worst thing I can possibly do right now. That's why I need your help. I am not sure how to proceed from here, but Carliste Creek has to know. Maybe that's a start." She said as she directed her gaze at Creek.

"Do you remember how this started? Not with your assault on Ila Memorial Hospital, not with the attack on Judas' niece. But with the attack on Assad. His attacker's name is Endol Fain, a ranking field Lieutenant within your organization whom the Entity can't seem to find. The Ankoun who attacked your relative was indoctrinated. I have brought with me medical evidence that shows he was a Sith Sleeper. And Assad is here now, he confirmed that his attacker was a Sleeper as well. You can ask him yourself if you so wish. Also, there was recently an attack on your Jacen Bralor on Ord Mantel and I have stolen evidence from the Entity that proves that Lord Orlac and the Cabal was behind it, that is why the Entity halted their advance in space. We have to find Endol Fain and we have to get this information to Judas. The Entity won't do it. They call him the Mad Man, and they think that he is indoctrinated as well based on his actions."

She paused then continued. "I hope you have suggestions gentlemen."

CymStar

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 03:59:16 PM EDT »

Undara was the first to speak. "Naoko, strategist or not, your insight serves you well.  Facts and Truth.  That must be what we search out zealously, and go where those facts lead us and publish to the Empty Night and the Ankoun Entity what we discover.  We must trust that the force will work with those facts to bring healing to this rift among friends and allies."

"We have heard from Naoko."  Undara pressed the comm button.  "Tia, please bring some additional refreshment for our guests from the galley." 

"I will go next with facts.  As I have mentioned to Naoko, Major, we have dispatched MacTavish to meet with Judas and hear from Judas if he is willing to negotiate or compromise.  This is a calculated risk.  With so many casualties on both sides, it will be difficult to move thinking past the emotions of fallen comrades and family, friends.  We heard that Mac was aboard Port Nowhere, but have heard nothing since.  I will also reveal that Agnost and Mickey were dispatched to the Olrac organization to try and gather intelligence.  We had no knowledge of the facts Naoko just presented.  Perhaps that presents an opportunity for us.  Agnost would have no hesitation to cause chaos in that organization.  Both he and I have felt Olrac's displeasure.  I should not be surprised to find I have a death mark on my head after leaving the organization.  Olrac is conniving, vindictive and lethal.  His mistakes are very few and his subordinates mistakes are one-time events.  He is probably my superior at strategy as he is willing to put both light and dark side into play to achieve his ends."

"Which brings us to you, Major Creek.  What facts can you share with us before we start to discuss options and ideas?"

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 11:17:41 PM EDT »

"Not joking in the least, vod. Twenty thousand, cash for the delivery of the body or significant amount of his armor. I'm glad you think you could use the ships, just give me a little notice before you need them, and I'll see what I can grab for you. In the meantime, I'll be around the neighborhood, in case of emergency."

Ghanik gave a nod towards Tracynka'rta, and the two headed for the door. Once they reached the ship, Ghanik removed his helmet and set it down on the holoprojector. "Did you notice anything unusual about that meeting?" Ghanik asked his companion.

"It did seem an extremely sloppy assassination, and an even sloppier attempt to look credible against Jacson. The whole thing seemed like a setup, but by whom? The Ankouns didn't know we were going to be there, although I did catch something like a stealth signature leaving the scene after the fight, but I got nothing on my sensors, so it is possible that the Ankouns know we are back in the galaxy. I suggest we seek them out first, since they won't be especially glad to see us once they see us working with Empty Night."

"Negative on that, dear. One does not run to the opposite side as soon as he thinks he may be noticed. It is good I brought you along, that you might learn. We will retreat into the shadows for now, but keep a watchful eye on the situation. We have before us the opportunity to play a deciding role in this conflict, and both factions know that. Jacson and Empty Night must trust my word I can bring the Fessenler Fleet to bear against the Ankouns and not Empty Night's operation. The Ankouns know nothing of the Fleet, they only know of my reputation, influence, and skill in armorsmithing. Any one of those items tactically applied where it cannot be predicted can swing the tide against their careful calculations. But for now we will lurk and wait for an opportunity."

Tracynka'rta signaled understanding and retired to her quarters. Ghanik waited for the hatch to seal behind her before replacing his helmet and making a secure call to Nobrin.

"How are your preparations? Empty Night jumped all over the Fleet, just as we guessed. What have you got with you?"

Nobrin replied with as much excitement as Ghanik had heard from him in a long time. "In addition to our cruiser, two other clans have supplied a cruiser each, and we have a total of fifteen mixed-staffed heavy corvettes, most heavily modified and more deadly than their size would suggest. Monsake Clan brought an ancient destroyer, which they say is just as good as a modern version, but having toured it, I have serious doubts as to its capacity to survive an actual engagement. We are awaiting your orders, is there any news we should be looking for?"

"At the moment, no. The Ankouns have halted their advances, although they do look as though they have a new fleet of smaller, picket-sized ships with ion cannon capabilities. They should be plenty surprised to find their precious ion cannons don't work on Sheteshoy armor. I would suggest putting our ships in the front of the formation at the start of any skirmish, just for the shock of having ionized armor nullify their cannons. Then get out of there and let others take the damage. I'm not looking to have another war won by Sheteshoy blood. Ghanik out."

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 08:47:32 AM EDT »

The news of the Sheteshoy meet brought the advance of the Entity fleet to a halt in dead space and made ground operations by the Military Arm screech to a full stop. The military went back to their LZs and bunkered down. All awaited orders.

The Elders did not know where to go from here. Never have they experienced such a devastating war, and when they finally have a clear edge and they are winning, they find out that potentially every decision they have made was in the service of the Empire.

They knew that they had a score to settle with Empty Night. But also, they knew that Empty Night was once an organization bound to facing Imperial interests just like they are. They were convinced the Empty Night's leader was being affected by the Sith, but then again, can they trust anything that had happened? If the Sith were behind everything, masterfully manipulating and pulling the wool over their eyes, then it is possible that they have done the same with Empty Night, and their leader wasn't indoctrinated. It was all confusing, but they at least had to stop the Sheteshoys from being manipulated to enter the war as well.

They did not know where the Sheteshoy chief was, but they can at least find his holo frequency. After a little bit of digging, hacking and pulling favors from the Corellian League, an organization which they have helped fund for years, they were able to get a means of contacting the Sheteshoy Warlord. And the Ah'geed decided to start the negotiations himself.

"Warlord Ghanikovhett Sheteshoy, head of the Sheteshoy Mandalorian Clan. I am Ah'geed Diab Ankoun, Leader of the Ankoun Entity. We are not behind the attack on your meeting with Empty Night, and we have evidence to confirm this. Your techs can corroborate the authenticity of the recordings." The old bearded man with white dread locks said as the Sheteshoy Chief with the orange helmet came on the Holo. "Our quarrel is not with you. And we are not asking you to join us. All that we ask is you and your clan and all of your resources to stay out of the conflict. We are prepared to pay any price for you to do nothing and just enjoy your riches. As for the war, I fear we have all been tricked. If you enter it now, things will be more complicated, and the war might escalate. I not only ask for you to stay out of the conflict, but also ask to aid in the peace process. We can not trust anything Judas Creek have to say even if we know the war has to stop. Your influence over some of his top lieutenants could come a long way in saving who is left. We want a meeting with Jacson Bralor."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:12:34 PM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 05:17:37 PM EDT »

"Ah'geed, a true pleasure, and thank you for providing me with your comm frequency. However, I believe your techs could use a bit more training, as the closest they came to actually reaching me was to get this fixed satellite station. I contacted it to complete the call. That, by the way, was free. A meeting with Jacson Bralor is entirely too expensive for you. I do not deal in summoning the dead. The mercenaries "We are not behind" were competent enough to kill an unsuspecting by-stander to a peaceful business meeting between Mandalorians. But, moving on from that.

'If I understand you correctly, you are asking me to do is to sit on my sheb'se and watch as my fellow Mandalorians are drawn in, one by one, to defend the honor of the tradition of Mandalore. You, without knowing it, would essentially be looking for the price for me to dishonor the name of MY Clan. I can name that price, and you would understand the value of a Mandalorian's honor. I build my Clan, from the ground, from the ashes of a dishonorable betrayal, I have created a reputation and a legacy of honor, valor, and the soul of Manda'yaim. The least I would accept for that sacrifice is this: leave Corellia. Let no more an Ankoun be found on its surface. Should you be willing to do that, I would sit out your war, knowing that even in the death of my Clan, I have ruined the Ankouns of Corellia."

Ghanik paused to let that sink in. In the privacy of his helmet, Ghanik quietly enjoyed the hardness that came to the Ah'geed's eyes. That got his attention at least Ghanik thought to himself. Ghanik saw Tracynka'rta's vibrant red and black armor move into his peripheral vision. She moved to where she could see the projection without being seen by the camera pickup.

"I hope now you understand what the honor of a Mandalorian's name means to him. One does not rise to the rank of Mandalorian Warlord by compromise, like one can rise in a family of politicians and Jedi. At the moment I have you at a great disadvantage. I know where a great deal of your assets are, including some of your deeper covert agents. You know nothing of where I am, or where my Clan is. We are Mandalorian, we cannot be destroyed. I suggest this: Your men are equipped with Ankoun developed and crafted gear. It might be in your best interest to hire a more skilled craftsman to craft some of your items, thus improving the survivability of your men, while off loading some of that enormous wealth you were so eager to part with a moment ago.

'I can assure you that I have not been 'tricked' by anyone. If I choose to enter this conflict, I will do so because I feel it is best, not because I have been duped. I do not have a quarrel in this conflict, don't give me one. Although your family is much larger, it would do you a great deal of good to treat me as an equal. Having been the one to begin negotiations, it would be unwise of you to later send a messenger. If you want me, come and find me. This satellite was one of my better-kept secrets, and it will provide you with the necessary security and availability to reach me should you need to."

Tracynka'rta stepped into view of the holoprojector. In her hand-crafted beskar, she cut an imposing figure when alone, but her size was somewhat dwarfed by choosing to stand next to Ghanik. Ghanik noticed that Ka'rta had configured her slightly adjustable armor to a setting that would conceal gender to all but the most experienced of Mandalorians. When she spoke, her voice came out in a medium register, a new addition to her gender concealing armor. "If you wish to conduct negotiation through intermediaries, I am your go-to. I am sure that a man in your position has many things he must attend to, and may wish to pass some things to those with more time to devote to such matters."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:52:56 AM EDT by Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy »

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 06:41:40 PM EDT »

The Ah'geed, a seventy two year old man with an impresive resume of diplomacy and negotiations knew better than to clash with the Warlord. Though brash, predictable bravado was common in Mandalorians, he knew that Sheteshoy would be a terrible enemy. In his Mandalorian way, he threatened, not knowing that when dealing with the shadows such as Empty Night, leaks had to be ingeneered to keep their enemy off balance, trying to seperate fact from fiction. Though, the Ah'geed was annoyed at the insinuation that the three thousand year old organization couldn't afford him. Better yet, he called their sophisticated state of the art technology to be inferior to their sturdy yet technologically unrefined assets. Though he had a point. They didn't know where he was, but then again, they weren't trying. It would be foolish of them to divert a large potion of their resources away from the battle field to find the Sheteshoy Clan, when they could simple call.

The Ah'geed wouldn't make the mistake of offending the Warlord. They truly needed his help. And when his ultimatum came, the Ah'geed felt slight anger at the thought, every Corellian would. But he never allowed the Mandalorian to sense it. He simply had to return the conversation to course. 

"Honorable Warlord. We would not question your honor, especially when we ask your aid. We did not mean to insinuate that you have been tricked." The Ah'geed leaned back in his chair. The Warlord spoke as if they were being antagonistic towards him. But the truth was, they wanted his contacts, and knew if he supported their choice in preserving what was left of the living, they would be the better for it. "We have come to the belief that Empty Night and the Entity have been manipulated into going to war by what is know as the Corellian Cabal. It may be dishonorable to, as you put it, 'sit on your sheb'se and watch as fellow Mandalorians are drawn in'. But as you well know Honorable Warlord, The Mandalorian Code dictates: ani’latoon ori’dush aru'e maan be'sol" He said in Mando'a with a perfect accent. A hint at a possible shadowy past with the Mandalorian people. "An Ultimate evil enemy is the first priority. We need your help against an ultimate evil, Imperial influence. We will not enter a conflict with you, and we have no harmful intentions to you, your clan or your honor. Will you at least try to set this meeting up? Or are we done here?" He asked with a firm, but respectful tone.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:08:40 PM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 08:52:20 PM EDT »

“Do not quote Mandalorian Code to me, arue'tii!” Thundered Ghanik. “Although your accent is quite good for an outsider. I am getting the feeling you think my Clan’s Armorworks is inferior to your impressive R&D capabilities. Observe the following demonstration, in which no one will be injured. Ghanik sent a secure message to Tracynka'rta fire the deep-space missile from satellite 17, but have it detonate before it reaches its target.

Above the Ankoun's private, covert shipyard, a missile left hyperspace, split into a cloud of smaller missiles, each headed for a repair dock or partially constructed ship. Before the missiles reached their targets, they all vanished in a cloud of hell and destruction. Their vector was traced, and found to be empty of launch zones. their make was analyzed, and their explosion examined, but both were unique from anything in the Ankoun base's databanks. The explosion areas were searched for debris, but there was none.

“The missile you see in the footage your shipyard will be sending you shortly is a unique product of Sheteshoy Armorworks, and I’m sure even a politician such as yourself could see the use of such technology. Jacson Bralor will not be interested in meeting with you, since his cousin was murdered by men suspected to be Ankoun. I will attempt to contact him, but he is taking his cousin home, and, as a Mandalorian, suggest you not interfere with that. At the present, my conditions stand: leave Corellia, purchase our craft, or sit and watch without complaint. Unless you have something specific you are looking for, I would think now would be the time to either answer my conditions, or set a time to re-visit my proposal.”

Tracynka'rta moved away from the projector and opened a line to Jacson. "Sir, this is the other Sheteshoy from Ord Mantell. the Big Kounie wants to talk to you, and wants us to set up the meeting. You game for some backstabbing, I mean political maneuvering? The Ankouns also suggest that the Corellian Cabal was to blame for your cousin’s death, not the Ankouns."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:12:39 AM EDT by Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy »

CymStar

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 09:10:40 PM EDT »

Agnost and Mickey sat at the table in Vaiken space station cantina.  Research amongst the Olrac organization was a lot tougher than they had first thought.  Though Mickey, an imperial operative was relatively unknown and invisible by her talent at being totally normal and blending in, Agnost had been nearly completely cut off from information channels inside Olrac's organization.  Obviously a consequence of Agnost's work in the LSES fiasco and Olrac's adjusting of the organization after Duke Undara's falling out with Olrac.  He and his father had become untrusted assets.

So far, their research and inquiries had been totally unfruitful.  And the situation was getting worse.  Mickey had been able to tap into several comm streams and the news went from bad to worse.  Devastating space battles between Ankoun and Empty night forces, small tit-for-tat assassinations of key players in both organziations, a lethal hit to an Elder of the Ankoun Entity, rumors of a fabled Mandalorian fleet and new technology in Entity starships.  Still, amid all of the bad news, there were a couple of pieces of information that could provide a breakthrough - confirmations of sleeper agents tied to Olrac's organization.  At least the force impulse to come here had allowed them to independently confirm that fact.  Fact and truth, that is what Undara sent them here to discover.  The only problem was, with Olrac, each fact could be wrapped in a dozen skins of lies, and unpeeling that onion was proving very difficult indeed.

There must be something which ties the threads together.  The challenge was tracing the threads back to the origin.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 10:33:33 PM EDT »

Judas sat thinking on what Mac had said.

Was there a way to end this?  As far as he knew, and it was damned hard to hide things from him, the war started with near-fatal attacks on both himself and Teewa.  Could he forgive the Ankouns?  Five hundred dead was hard to forgive, even if most of them were freelancers with no ties to the Night.  A topic for thought at a later date.

"No, Mac, nothing new.  Just stress that they stay out of the way."

Mac nodded and moved to leave.  Judas raised his hand to stop him.

"MacTavish.  Just between us, I'll think about it."

Another nod, and the final link to the Corellian League was severed.  Now Judas was alone.  And it was lonelier than he thought it would be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carliste looked shocked at the mention of Fain.

"All I can add was that when Fain attacked Assad, he spouted some gibberish about Assad being a Sith spy and said he'd do it again.  Judas killed him for his treachery and sent the body to Ankoun Tower as an apology.  And then Teewa and Judas were attacked.  Far as I can tell, that's what sparked this, was Judas made amends for the attack, and it was thrown in his face.

"Stack to that the fact that the Ankouns keep destroying Empty Night sanctuaries.  Families dead, not just soldiers.  It's gotten to the point where I don't know if my cousin is still sane, all the pressure he's under."

Carliste hung his head.  He was a both a thief and soldier, and both required him to be hard, but the needless death and the loss of his cousin...

"Nobody knows this, but Judas and I...the Creeks were closer than even the Ankouns growing up.  We even renamed ourselves so that we'd be brothers instead of just cousins.  When the thr-two of us drifted apart, it tore me up.  I just want my family back.  I'm sure you of all people can understand that, Naoko."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacson answered the holocom and was faced with the woman from Ord Mantell.  The Ah'geed of the Ankouns?  Did he want to die?  Jacson's hand flew to the grip of his blaster, then he forced himself to let go.

"I'm not much for politics.  But I'll talk.  Beyond that, I'll make no promises."

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.383 seconds with 22 queries.