The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 27, 2017, 11:38:21 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jen & Berry's has come out with a Special Edition Ice Cream for this years "May the 4th" holiday.  Bantha Poodo! Click here to see more!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WAR (Closed RP)  (Read 35856 times)

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
WAR (Closed RP)
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:37 PM EDT »

OOC Discussion Here

Everything was quiet in the hospital, which struck Judas as strange.  Teewa had been attacked by an Ankoun, and killed said Ankoun.  That she was still alive was a miracle in itself: that there were no guards around her was impossible.  And yet here he was, with an Empty Night SpecTac Squad armed to the teeth, in a hospital scurrying with life and no security at ALL.

Jacson moved next to his friend and employer.  "We should have encountered some resistance by now.  CorSec guards, in-house Security, something."

"I know.  Something isn't right."

Judas slipped the goggles around his neck over his eyes and a tactical display came up.  No chatter on official channels about an invasion, no excessive heat signatures anywhere in the building.  Nothing.

"Trap?" he said, looking at Jacson.

"Trap," Jacson shot back.  Both of them tightened their grips on their blasters.

They made it to Teewa's room and saw latent heat signatures from where the guards had been standing on either side of the door.  But the guards themselves were gone, and a quick scan showed a single presence in the room itself, lying prone on the bed.  The team moved to the door and one of them pulled a grenade to throw in during entry.  Next thing he knew his hand was being crushed by a Beskar gauntlet and he let out a cry of pain that was quickly stifled by the audio dampeners in his helmet.

"I'll make this very clear, you murglak.  That's my daughter in there.  I don't care how many of you die in the ensuing fight, you will NOT hurt my daughter.  Or I will kill you myself."

The man nodded and Jacson released his broken hand.  The door was marked unlocked.  It steamed open and the squad streamed in, followed by Jacson and Judas.  Nothing.  The team's medic moved to the unconcious Mirialan and checked her chart and vitals.

"She can be moved.  But do not bump her around any more than necessary, and we need to get her to a stable location as soon as possible."

A mobile hovercart was hastily assembled and Teewa was gently lifted onto it, then the squad formed a protective circle around it and headed back out the door.  Judas took point this time, with Jacson bringing up the rear where he could watch his daughter.

They made it back to the entrance where the truck was waiting to find the driver unconcious in the seat and a human leaning against it.  At the sight of the infiltrators, he stood and raised his hands.

Judas snarled at the sight of him; Ceid Ankoun, former friend.

"Judas, wait," Ceid said, "We have to talk..."

Quick as lightning, Judas' blasters snapped straight from where he held them at his sides and he drilled Ceid center mass, once from each blaster.  Ceid looked at Judas in surprise and slumped to the ground.

"Nice talking with you," Judas spat and stepped over the body.

The rest of the team went around, loaded the girl, and took off into the night.  Jacson pulled off his helmet and gauntlets and picked up his daughter's hand.  "It'll be all right, kiddo, we got you."

He looked up at Judas, anger grief and satisfaction on his face.  "One down.  Now let's kill the rest."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceid sat up from where he had fallen, sore and grieving.  The energy plate across his body had saved his life, but he pulled it off and threw it aside in disgust that he had needed to use it.  Hemza pulled him to his feet, a hard look on his face.  "I told you this wouldn't work."

"You were right.  I'm afraid Judas is too far gone.  He didn't hesitate, not for a moment."

"Look Ceid, I know he's your friend, but--"

"No, cousin, my friend is long gone.  Start operations against the Empty Night.  I'm afraid our only choices are wipe them out, or die ourselves."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across the galaxy, men and women started dying on both sides.  On Duro, a team of scientists were found executed.  On Nar Shaddaa, a group of mercenaries were riddled with blaster bolts in a cantina.  People of several species started to go missing from every sector of the galaxy in a war so shrouded in shadow that even the Hutts only discussed it in whispers amongst themselves.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:19:54 PM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
Re: WAR (Closed RP)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 06:24:31 PM EDT »

Ceid walked into the 45th floor of the Ankoun tower in the heart of Coronet. This highly lively center of commerce was in the Financial district of Coronet, one of the most secure places in the sector. It was also what would be called the command center of all Ankoun activities, and the home of the Ankoun Elder Chambers, where the Family's Elders met and planned their moves.

As he passed through several layers of security scanners, including biological scanners to prove who he was, he finally reached the large, classic wooden door to the Inner Chamber. He found four other people waiting outside for an audience. Among them were Hemza and Assad. They along with the two other females gave Ceid a nod as he stood next to them.

"Been waiting long?" Ceid asked in an exhausted voice.

"No more than five minutes." Said Suria Ankoun, one of the females. She wasn't a direct cousin of Ceid's, but in the end all Ankouns are related to varying degrees, all twenty thousand of them.

"Alright." He answered as he rubbed his eyes.

It's been three weeks since Empty Night declared war against his Clan. During the first week, emotions were high, and moral was down. Never in their history have the Ankouns faced such an enemy. Even during the Imperial invasion of Corellia, the Ankouns fared better. They supported and supplemented the resistance ranks in mass, even leading the fighting on some fronts. Their so called "Commercial" ships docked at their Company's shipyard provided covert aerial support whenever necessary and escaped without drawing attention. But that was different. That was against an organized army, with bases, command chains and rules of conduct, nothing if not predictable. It was like a blade in the dark against a sitting duck. Now however, it was like a blade in the dark against a blade in between the shoulderblades. They had nothing but sketchy Intel on bases and command figures, nowhere to direct their arsenal. All they could do is sit and wait until they were attacked. In the first week, the death tole on both sides rose to 30, while eighty percent of the deaths belonged to the Ankouns. The Empty Night deaths happened mostly in self defence.

What the Family did however was on the political front. They orchestrated and passed a Bill in the Corellian government condemning and outlawing and battling all interests of Empty Night in Corellian Space, and officially marking them as a Terrorist organization. Little good did that do them since most of the Empty Night interests were hidden.

They also trying to push the Republic senate to do the same, however, their enemies were deeply entrenched within SIS. All their influence and weight was meaningless since their requests would never make it to open session of the Senate. And that's how it was for a time until they caught a brake when Assad fully recovered.

He had reported what had occurred during his time with Major RT and told them about marking RT's ship and another ship with the Viral tracking device developed by the Ankouns. The break was, the second ship belonged to Empty Night.

The tracker was soon after removed, but what it had done before that was download a portion of the ship's computer core and transmit it to Ankoun listening stations.

That turn of luck served them greatly as it gave them new targets, and a chance to focus their efforts. And they bet that along the way, they would gain new intel as their enemy's safehouses fell one by one.

By the end of the third week, the death tole drastically rose to 230, with more then sixty five percent of the dead belonged to Empty Night. To top that off, moral has spiked.

Within moments, the security console to the side of the large wooden door beeped and the light turned from red to green, signalling the assembled group to enter. And they did.

As Ceid entered the Elder Chambers, he came before a semicircular table and stood at attention. He was in the Presence of the Elders.

Ceid had been in this room only once, that was when he was first reunited with his long lost family some five years ago. He couldn't help but remember how small yet totally secure this chamber was.

Around the table were the six Elders of the Ankoun Clan. At the center was the Chief of the family, who's position was known as "Ah'geed" meaning 'First' in an obscure dialect in the old tongue. The Ahgeed was Di'ab Ankoun, a seventy two year old man with a long white beard and long white dreadlocks for hair. He was a force sensitive, but without formal training. His military and political resume however was shocking. Lord Diab deserved the big chair.

Around him were Lady Kizra Ankoun - the head of the of the Intelligence Arm, General Nasi Ankoun - the Commander of the Military Arm, Doctor Sol Ankoun - the Director of Councilor Ila Memorial Hospital and chair of all Ankoun medical facilities within Republic space, Doctor Rabi Ankoun - head of Research and Development, and CEO of Ankoun Vessel Design & Engineering Co. (AVDE), Councilor Vonel Ankoun - a member of the Corellian Council and CEO of all Ankoun Financial fronts.

It was intimidating to be in the presence of people of such influence. But Ceid and the rest of the assembled remained at attention.

"The reports are coming in now." Lady Kizra started as she read off of a mini holopad placed before her. "The operation was a success with minimal casualties. The Empty Night Merc. rally point on Hutta had been destroyed, all hands lost. More than twenty confirmed kills. The Hutts are in an uproar, they can't explain or understand who the dead are or who killed them." She finished without breaking a smile, completely emotionless, as was known about her during action.

"A bitter sweet victory." The Ahgeed spoke in a low voice. "The loss of the our representative in the staff of the Corellian Senator three days ago hurt more than anyone realizes. Him and fourteen of his ship's crew dead over nothing. They were civilians." He said with a scowl as he massaged his forehead.

"The message was clear Ahgeed, no one is off limits. We received the message and will give them our answer at the point of a cannon." General Nasi spoke and then turned to the assembled. "Sons and Daughters. You have new orders... And this time, we'll make Hell rain down."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:01:42 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 01:05:26 AM EDT »

Judas smashed his fist through a glass cupboard, absolutely furious.  He howled a curse, partly from the pain, but mostly from the reports from the past few days.  Coronet City recruiters, arrested.  Hutta operations, wiped out.  He withdrew his hand, holding a glass, and flung it across the apartment to smash into a wall.

"You knew this could happen, Judas," his companion said, "Loss is a risk taken in war."

Judas glared at Carliste.  "Shut the hell up!"

He pulled the broken cupboard open and grabbed one of the glasses still there, then poured a drink.  "The only good news this week is getting rid of their spy in the Senator's office."

"You what?"

"The Ankouns had a spy in the Corellian Senator's office.  He was pushing to begin sanctions against us in the Senate.  We removed him.  It doesn't make up for our losses, but it's close."

"What's the death count up to?" Carliste asked.

"About 250.  Only a hundred theirs, though.  We're losing, Carliste.  And I hate it."

Before Carliste could reply, the holocom started to chime.  An Empty Night saboteur stood to attention.

"Sir.  We're ready for the assault on the Ankoun Tower."

"Is the team prepared like I ordered?"

"Yes sir."

Judas nodded.  "Mitigate the collateral damage, but do what you must."

The comm cut out and Carliste turned to his cousin.  "Define...'Collateral Damage.'"

"Short answer?  Keep the civilian deaths to a minimum."

Carliste stood speechless, and Judas punched in the Corellian League general alert frequency.

"Priority One.  This is Judas Creek.  By now it should be obvious there's a war going on.  This has to do with the Ankouns and the Empty Night.  I'm not so naive as to say you're with me or against me.  What I'll say instead is stay out of my way.  Join the Ankouns and I won't hesitate the kill you.  That is all."

The connection cut and Carliste looked at Judas.  "We don't kill civilians, Jurneth!  That's never been our way!"

"Jurneth?" Judas looked at at his cousin.  "It's been years since you called me that."

"Only way to get through to you, it seems!  What happened to you?  Time was we didn't kill lightly and we NEVER hurt innocents.  When did that change?"

"And what about our innocents, Carst?  What about the families on our mining station on Taloraan?  Or the men and women caught in the crossfire on Onderon?  They shot first there.  What about Teewa?  The Ankouns started this, and they're just as guilty as we are.  Now I'm going to kill every last one of that family, and I'm going to give you the same options I gave the League.  Join me, or stay out of my way."

Carliste raised his hands in a placating gesture.  "All right.  All right.  But we'll still need help.  Like you said.  We're losing."

Judas smiled again.  "Oh, I've got that figured out all ready.  Jacson's talking to his friends in the Sheteshoy Clan.  And Ghanikavhett owes me a few favors."

Carliste punched in a holofrequency and stood back as the woman on the other end answered.  "I can't stay long, Naoko.  My name is Carliste.  Judas is my cousin, and he's gone insane.  Neither Judas or Ceid will back down, and I need your help to knock some sense into them."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:58:03 PM EDT »

Ghanik looked through the dossier that he had received from Jacson: War, unrestrained, wild, and for the honor of the Mando'ade. Intriguing, but at this time, somewhat inconvenient. Having just issued ba'slan shev'la, Ghanik wasn't really interested in going back to the galaxy. But honor was honor, and glory was glory. And Ghanik hadn't seen Jacson since that escapade on Corellia. Ghanik assembled his command squad for a quick meeting.

"Vode An, I know I have just recalled our units to our new sanctuary, but I have received a summons that honor will not let me ignore. I have told you about my relationship with Jacson Creek, of Empty Night's network. He has sent a request as a Mandalorian that I come and listen to a proposal. He has asked I go alone, but I do not trust him that far. Nobrin, you know I would love to have you along, but I need you here, to keep things organized. Tracynka'rta, you will come with me. I will be back as soon as I am able."

Tracynka'rta nodded, and moved to pack her gear. Ghanik pulled Nobrin and Mirsh aside. "There is more going on here than Jacson has given us for information. Keep an ear open for more information from other sources."

Ghanik grabbed his operational kit and moved down to the hangar. He loaded his gear, noting that Tracynka'rta was already aboard. He sealed the main hatch and moved to the cockpit. back to others' fights, ever the duty of the Mandalorian.

Ghanik punched in the coordinates and sat back to think things out. When Ghanik and his crew reached the coordinates in deep space, they were entirely alone. Ghanik set the sensor to high alert and waited.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:28:42 AM EDT by Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy »

CymStar

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 01:47:38 PM EDT »

Cymstar re-read the reports on his desk.  Blast!  His heart was heavy for whatever offense had lead two of the Council’s most esteemed members to engage in what was, effectively, an all-out war.  The incidence reports were already detailing a heavy body count with no indication that this would stop soon, or stop at all. Two hundred and fifty deaths…two hundred and fifty!  This was truly insanity.  All the work of the League was at risk.  Overheard conversations, personal effects lifted from dead bodies, there could be any numbers of avenues for an enemy of the league to gain access and do real damage to the league’s mission and infrastructure.

The council was in furious debate on what actions to take to prevent compromise and enhance security of operations.  After much conversation, through several days of around-the-clock analysis, it was decided that both Master Ceid Ankoun and Judas Creek would have their access codes locked.  It seemed the only way to prevent an enemy or even just a curious scam artist from getting into the system and creating problems.

The assignment had been given to Cymstar to notify both Ceid and Judas of the council’s decision.  That was complicated.  Cymstar’s relationship with Judas was fragile after the public dust-up in the council where Judas had tried to discredit Cymstar.  Ever the optimist, Cymstar had not even seen it coming and if the truth were to be told still did not really understand the reason for it.  His relationship with Ceid was better, as Ceid had served as a mentor to Cymstar after Cymstar had completed his training.  So Cymstar had decided that he would send McTavish to reach out to Judas, while he would attempt to get in touch with Master Ceid.

The small chime sounded and the light on the holocon on the desk started blinking.  Cymstar foce-nudged the switch and a holo-image of Mickey appeared.

“Cym, we have a development.”

“Report”, Cymstar replied.

“Yes, well, I have been running my analysis of the disappearance of Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy.  Really, no information coming to the surface.  Very frustrating, actually.  However, one of my contacts has reported seeing Ghanikavhett’s ship in Core Worlds space.  I thought you would want to know immediately.”

“Yes, thank you, Mickey.  See if we can have someone shadow the ship.  Tell your contacts not to engage.  Shadow only.  Cymstar out.”

Cymstar set in another frequency he had from the times he and Ghanikavhett had run together solving problems in the galaxy.  “Cymstar Crystalstryder calling Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy.  Come in, Ghanikavhett.”  Cymstar didn’t know if the ship even had Ghanik on it, after his disappearance from Makeb.  While he waited for a response, he thought about how he was going to contact Ceid.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:14:58 AM EDT »

Hell rain down... Ceid replayed the General's words in his head, he couldn't help but scowl, then a sarcastic smile escaped his lips. The Universe is a cruel place, he thought. When hell rains down, doesn't everyone get hurt? But he guessed it was way too late to back down. The voice of reason was long dead, killed when Judas put two blaster bolts in his chest...

"Our target is simple. It's Judas Creek and his Lieutenants." General Ankoun Continued, then gave way to the Head of Intelligence.

"We have solid reports from our last raid. It's Intel. on three sets of coordinates highly believed to be the location of Empty Night's leadership." Lady Kizra started. "It is unclear whether Judas Creek will be present at one of these locations or not, but High level lieutenants will be, and with taking them out of service permanently, we would be dealing a crippling blow to these Criminals. Doubtful it will destroy them, but it would give us almost an unfair advantage."

As she stopped and scanned the room for reactions, the Ahgeed spoke. "I need you to..." And the Ahgeed and everyone in the room suddenly went silent as they all received the same report through their ear pieces.

Warning, the Tower is in Def-Lev One, Repeat Def-Lev One. This is not a drill. Report to designated area. And the message repeated.

Next to Ceid were four people of importance within the Familial Organization. First, Assad Ankoun, a member of the Intelligence Arm, has been newly appointed the highest ranking field operative, answering directly to the Arm's command. Making him fourth in Command of the Arm and highest authority in field operations. Second was Suria Ankoun, third in Command of the Intel Arm with extensive training as a Shadow within the Green Jedi. All her skills were honed to be in the service of the Family. Her duties included infiltration and sabotage, as-well as Directing Control Rooms observing and supporting Field Ops.

Then, a Representative from R&D, the young Doctor named Kerri, there to brief the Elders on the new class of Interceptor-Destroyers AVDE has been designing. And finally Hemza, Major, Second in Command of the Military Arm, and at the direct service of General Nasi.

A moment passes as they exchanged puzzled looks, then the General broke the silence. "Major! Battle Stations."

Hemza nodded and with a look of determination, he tapped Assad and Suria on their respective shoulders with either hand and turned and ran out and they followed him in a flash.

Ceid and Kerri remained before the Elders. Ceid wanted to join, but Kerri was a civilian and had no combat training, a gentle thinker and problem solver, she was scared by the sudden alarm and crossed her arms defensively.

"Ceid." Doctor Rabi spoke. "Would you please escort Kerri to the Shielded Center? All none combatants will be reporting there."

Ceid nodded and put his hand on her back, gently nudging her towards the door. "It's alright, everything is going to be fine." He said with a gentle smile. She nodded nervously in response.

"And Ceid, report to Battle stations when you are done." Lady Kizra ordered.

As he walked Kerri to the Shielded Center, reported started to come in.

A single runner detected running down the street level towards Ankoun Tower, purposely bumping and knocking people down. He was scanned at a distance and a medium yield Naqualic explosive was detected on him. Automated defenses fired before he entered the grounds and that resulted in a large explosions. The force of the explosive and the flying shards of molten metal damaged and burned the surrounding buildings and banks, but worst of all, people in the immediate area were ripped to shreds, people on their way to work on an early Thursday. They had nothing to do with the conflict, nither Ankoun nor Empty Night. Some would argue that it's the Ankouns who detonated the bomb outside their grounds in self preservation, but these people would be out of their minds, because no one in their right mind would absolve Empty Night of this heinous crime of sending a bomb through open streets. Fifteen dead instantly and over a hundred injured to varying degrees.

Ceid got Kerri to the shielded area and locked in the controls, while on the computer console, he saw the green light indication as every floor in the massive Tower did the same, meaning all civilians in the Tower of commerce were safe. A nod of satisfaction and relief revealed Ceid's mood, but that didn't last as he felt a slight disturbance... A strange feeling. He couldn't explain it. He dug in a little deeper in the logs of the console and saw a recent unanswered report. He read a security warning on the screen. Sub-Basement 6 loading doors open. Entry unauthorized.

No one was there to respond to the breach, probably considered minor. Strange. Ceid thought. Why would Empty Night execute such a sloppy operation...? They Wouldn't. Then the suicide bomb in the street?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Elders' Chamber, the most shielded part of the Tower, the Elders all sat at their stations reading the reports.

"Ceid has brought up an unanswered security report. A breach in the lower levels." Said the General.

"Investigating." Replied Doctor Rabi. "Damn it... There is a virus in the system. It's.. Advanced, like nothing I have seen. This is Empty Night's work."

"Can we send a team to purge the system?" Asked Dr. Sol.

"No, all our tech-personel are in the Shielded area. They can't make it down in time. And with respect to the General, our security team are simply not qualified to deal with this virus... I have to go to the Computer Central Core myself. Before you ask me Ahgeed. There is no one else who can do it. And this has to be done. This virus will shut down the whole Tower's operations."

The Ahgeed nodded "Good luck old Friend." And with that the Elder slowly made his way to Sub-basement 7, the lowest level of the Tower and the home of the Central Computer Core and got to work.

The Virus was advanced, and definitely of Empty Night Design. Its main purpose, shut down the Tower, and copy all reports on Ankoun Military and intelligence plans, alone with a list of all their operatives off world. His hands moving like lightening over a holopad near the power core, he hit a dead end. He could purge the system, but it would take a long time, while the virus is still capturing the system. His only option was a hard shut down of the Computer Core.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceid looked in alarm at the console and turned and ran towards the Lift at the end of the hallway. Empty Night's attack is not done, the performance on the Street was rouse to draw out most of the security in the Tower to either outside the Tower, or into designated Battle stations. So their would be no one to intercept an entry team. There was no need for patrols. No one has EVER infiltrated Ankoun Tower, and no one expected this.

"Master Ceid Ankoun to ALL Security personnel. The Bomb is a misdirection, Let CorSec take care of it, return to the Tower, we have a Breach in Sub-Basement 6. I repeat we have a Breach in Sub-basement 6." Ceid warned and he was answered with hundreds of Com-clicks of acknowledgment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Get ready to destroy the Heart of the Ankoun influence." a Masked, dark-armored figure said to six other similarly armored figures. The Empty Night strike team had only one mission, make their way to the exact center of the Tower, plant several Naqualic explosives at the foundation beams and plant several secondary blasts to contain the explosion, keeping the force inside the Tower, and Only the Tower. No one other then the Ankouns had to die here today.

"Sir! Security Forces are flooding in the the level. Lifts and shafts are blocked. Out Exit is clear for now..." One of the Infiltrators reported. "Orders Sir."

"Damn it!" The Leader cursed. He can't order his team to withdraw, they were specifically chosen for this operation because it was a one way mission. They were uniquely qualified for it, since they were all terminally ill, and their wish was for their death to mean something. What better than to go while taking with you the heart of the Evil Ankouns... Judas' Brainwashing ran deep. "Set the charges here. If we are trapped, they die with us." The leader ordered, and his team moved to set the charges in hidden parts in the immediate area.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"STOP!!!" Ceid found himself suddenly screaming. The flood of personnel stopped puzzled.

"Master Ceid?" One of the security forces asked Ceid as he was lost in thought, looking as if he was in Pain.

Ceid felt another disturbance as he entered the level, His perception skills were powerful, but there were in overdrive today, he couldn't explain it. Also, he was feeling a very strong headache as a result. He would have to check with a medical team when this is all done. Then power end out all around them.

Major Hemza finally reached the level and saw the teams and Ceid in the center with a lost gaze. "Ceid?" He asked and didn't receive a reply. "Report."

"We were about to intercept Sir, but Master Ceid ordered a stop, then power went out, everything is shut down and doors and lifts are stuck. It's as if the Core has shut down."

Just then, a hatch blew open and air rushed into the pass for a bit as if it was a vacuum. A second later, Dr. Rabi Ankoun came out, looking clearly tired and stressed.

"Elder!" Hemza said in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"An Empty Night virus. Devistating. But I found it thanks to Ceid's actions and I managed to stop it in time." The Doctor started. "But I had to shut down the core. I need you to secure the situation so I can get a team to work and repairing the damage to the Core." The Doctor, literally ordered.

"Yes Sir." Hemza replied in his typical Military Etticate.

Ceid concentrated despite the pain and chatter around him, and after a few seconds, he sensed the intentions of the infiltrators. then he heard his own voice unintentionally escape his lips With a look of urgency on his face. "Another Bomb! CLEAR the Level!!!" The security teams rushed to the shafts as Hemza ordered the floor sealed then he and Ceid tried to escort the Elder off the floor.

"Wait!" The Elder yelled.

"Sir! We don't have time for this." Hemza urged.

"You don't understand. Their move is that of desperation, but it's smart. We can't seal this level and they know it, the explosion here will destroy five levels above and below, the Core will be destroyed." Hemza had a look of worry on his face. "I can stay, connect my device's power source to the circuitry, I can shut down the level."

"No!" Hemza yelled, "Our job is to protect you!"

Ceid stepped in behind Hemza. "We don't have to skills to do it Hem, I'm sorry, but he is right." Ceid said, then Hemza turned and flashed a hateful look to Ceid. But before Hemza could turn around and force the Elder to move, Ceid grabbed him and used the force to aid him in keeping the skilled Major motionless. At the same time, the Elder shifted his wait forward and both struck them and pushed them towards the shaft with his palms. "GO!"

Ceid pulled Hemza way and into the shafts and manually closed it behind them. It wasn't long before they heard -Booooooom!

"Do you know what you have just done?!" Hemza spoke to Ceid with poisen dripping from his tongue after the explosion. "This is the first time in our history, that we loose an ELDER!" Hemza said with a look of disguest. "And you have to live with it."

Ceid simply sat there, in the shaft staring at the shaft wall. Never replied. Hate boiling inside of him. Judas has to die...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 09:36:59 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 11:33:37 PM EDT »

Judas read the reports and grinned to himself.  As his ship hurtled through hyperspace, he activated the long range holocomm, patching into the Empty Night pirate frequency.

"Gentlemen!  Ladies!  My Brothers and Sisters!  Today is a day of celebration!  Today, the Empty Night has made HISTORY!"

Judas started to pace back and forth in front of the projector.

"Throughout their history, the Ankoun Family has stood strong, ruled by the Family Elders.  A thousand times they have gone to war, and a thousand times they have stood victorious.  The Kadris family tried to destroy them.  The Black Suns tried to destroy them.  The Hutts tried to destroy them.  The Empire tried to destroy them.  And in a thousand battles, not once has the family lost one of their leaders.  But today, we have done the undoable.  Today, the Empty Night has killed the unkillable.  Today, the Empty Night has slain an Ankoun Elder!"

He paused to take a breath.  Across the galaxy, syndicate members stood and cheered in safehouses and ships from Coruscant to Tatooine.

"You all know about the bombs that destroyed our brothers on Tanaab.  You remember the virus that shut off the life support on our Nar Shaddaa skyhook.  These and a dozen other cowardly weapons were products of the Ankoun's R and D group.  A group headed by the now-dearly-departed Doctor Rabi Ankoun.  Well the debt has been repaid, and the message is clear.  And soon, the rest of the Elders will follow."

He paused again, his head low.  "However, we cannot forget the cost of this victory.  Eight of our brothers lost their lives in this daring raid, along with nearly a score of innocent civilians.  They are martyrs, all of them.  Take strength from their sacrifice, and know they did not die in vain.  We will never forget them!"

"My friends.  My brothers and sisters.  Take this day and celebrate!  Drink a toast to the martyrs!  Tomorrow is a new day!  Tomorrow, the Ankouns will be swallowed by an endless Empty Night!"

He cut all the feeds but one, the one he knew was tapped.  Time to have a little fun.  He faced the projector, a mocking smile on his face.

"Hello Ceid, I know you're listening.  Heh, do I know how to work a crowd or what?  You really should have known better than to pick a fight with me, but your pride got the better of you.  Again.  And now one of your leaders is dead, and it's your fault."

The smile vanished, replaced by a scowl.  "I should have known better than to shoot you in the heart.  Jedi don't have hearts.  Next time, I won't make that mistake.  Next time..."

He paused and tapped his temple, "...it will be the head."

Every word had been carefully chosen, every inflection carefully applied, to have the most infuriating, disheartening effect on his former friend, to slip a knife into his chest.  And then he twisted the knife.

"Say hello to Naoko for me.  And tell her I hope to see her very soon."

A final mocking smile, and the feed cut.  He relaxed in his favorite chair and a real smile crossed his face.  He turned to face Carliste, sitting nearby.

"Well, what did you think?"

Carliste sat quietly, a dark look on his face.  "Who's Naoko?"

Judas let out a full laugh.  "Oh don't play dumb, cousin.  I know you've been talking to her.  Don't worry, I have no intentions of harming her.  Every source I have says she's trying to arrange a peace between us, that's stress enough.  And what's more, I just got word that the Ankouns were kind enough to eliminate Slarsk for me."

He laughed again.  "Oh, the good news just keeps piling up.  Things are swinging our way again."

"Slarsk?  Isn't he the head of your Mid Rim operations?"

"Was.  One of my top lieutenants.  And talking to the Hutts about handing over some of my operations in exchange for a fat pile of credits.  I was going to take care of it personally, but hey.  Either he killed the Kounies sent to kill him, in which I keep his barbarism until this ends, or they killed him, in which a traitor is eliminated.  It was a win-win for me, and Laren has all ready taken over with only a couple hiccups.  Now I just need Jacson to check in about the Sheteshoys, and we can say the tides have officially turned."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tracyn docked on Ord Mantell and two men disembarked wearing simple body armor.  They made their way to the cantina near the spaceport, and the bartender pointed to a back room.  The first headed back, the second stayed at the bar.

In the back room, a giant man and small woman stood waiting.  Jacson dipped his head in greeting.  "Su cuy'gar, Alor Sheteshoy," he said, "It's been a while."

"That it has.  What do you want."

"Your help."

In the cantina proper, a dozen men entered and surrounded Jacson's companion.

"Jacson Bralor?" one of them asked, then shot him in the back.  Jacson's head snapped to where his companion's body was falling.  In an instant, he took in the number, location, and arsenal of his enemies.

"Wrong Bralor!" he snapped and triggered his jetpack.  A rain of missiles fell on the Ankoun fighters, killing most outright and badly injuring the rest.  His boots touched ground, and he raced to where the three survivors were struggling to rise.  A rocket-assisted punch took care of one, a point-blank tracer missile finished a second, and a carbonite spray iced the third.  Once he was certain that all the attackers were neutralized, he knelt by the body of his companion and turned it over.  He was dead, his blaster gripped in his hand.  Jacson bowed his head.

"Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum," he whispered.

A shadow fell over him, and he looked up to see Ghanikavhett standing over him.  "He was my cousin.  Alor Bralor's nephew."  Jacson stood and looked the other man right in the orange helmet.

"The Empty Night is under attack.  The Ankoun family has struck against them.  And my daughter was the first victim.  The old man's going to commit my clan, but the Ankouns will be tough.  We ask your aid, and share with you the glory of destroying a dangerous and influential enemy."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 11:44:59 AM EDT »

In the shadows she sat, untouched by light or eyesight. From some angles in normal light, one might see a shimmer or a fluctuation of the air where she stood, but in the dim light of the Cantina, She was invisible.

Equipped with state of the art Ankoun suppressing technology, no electronic signal can be detected from her and her life signs were absolutely masked... Remi Ankoun was the ultimate fly on the wall.

The Ankouns had posted a small cell on every know smuggler gathering point in known space, they had eyes almost everywhere. Ord Mantell was Remi's team's assignment. The moment Jacson Bralor stepped on the dusty rock, they mobilized. It wasn't hard to find him, especially since they were at full readiness since Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy arrived before him, this meeting wasn't surprising.

Remi and her team of four thought that it didn't matter how the Mad Man Judas spined the last few events with his propaganda machine, Empty Night was still loosing Horribly, and them reaching out to the Sheteshoys seemed logical. Empty Night seemed to get pleasure from an unprecedented galactic record, without realizing how the noble self sacrifice of one of the greatest minds in the galaxy has energized the Family. Though to the small Ankoun team, it still hurt... But she did believe the saying: What doesn't kill you....

As predicted the Mandalorian and Corellian League Councilor entered the Cantina, soon enough Jacen Bralor came. It made her sick. The Corellian League was supposed to stand for Corellia, and Master Ceid Ankoun was Sheteshoy's colleague, but here he is, conspiring against them. From her point of view, The League can not be trusted, since Bralor was an agent of another Corellian League Councilor. They have betrayed Master Ankoun.

Suddenly, it all went to hell. People started dying. Blaster shots, Melee, carbonite, a lot of weapons for a Canitna fight.

Just as fast as it started, it ended. She got the recording of the battle and the deal afterwards, then she left, as invisible as she came.

"What was that all about?" Gazil asked as Remi reached the safe house.

"I don't know, who ordered that hit?" Remi asked in turn.

"They are not one of ours..." Gazil said almost insulted. "Command didn't order any hits on Ord Mantell, the personnel are not ours and most importantly, We would never be so stupid. I mean come on... They just walked up to the guy and shot him in the back, without taking defensive countermeasures against an enemy retaliation. That just screams STUPID!" Gazil continued quite irate at the idiocy of the would be assassins.

"Why would you ask someone his name and shoot him before he answers? I mean shouldn't one be sure?" Remi asked puzzled. "And there was something about them, the way the walked, talked, stood..."

"Transmission detected in the sector. Imperial Codes." Said a tech on her team.

Remi and Gazil walked rapidly and stood behind him at the Holo-computer console. "Do we know which Imp's Code it is?" Asked Gazil.

"Yes..." Remi answered honestly as she looked at the base band of the transmission, recognizing it. "This attack." She said and looked to the rest of her team. "We have a fifth Column!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The late great Doctor Rabi Ankoun. Beloved parent, husband and grandfather, a dear friend and a trusted colleague. Elder, of the Ankoun Entity. He was something important to everyone present at his funeral.

Peoples and dignitaries arrived from across the core world to condole the family for their loss. Politicians, military figures, civil leaders, all came. But the Ankoun heart screamed for blood!

Two days earlier, the Mad Man Judas' final taunt to them was a transmission, gloating how he killed a man using a suicide squad. But that had the opposite effect... Instead of demoralizing them, it riled them. Revenge for lost honor and pride could burn hotter that molten Naqual-laced Tritanium. The one desire now found in every Ankoun, from the youngest trainee to the Ah'geed, was to see Judas Creek  skewered on a pike and roasted alive. When the dignitaries and the public left, they had their private ceremony. The Doctor's body was laid to rest, honor bolts were fired and the Ah'geed spoke.

"Sons!" The Ah'geed began with a yell. "Daughters!" He then continued with a calmer yet firm voice. The rest of the Elders stood next to him on the shielded stage, with hundreds of Ankouns before them on the roof of the Ankoun tower, with many thousands more patched in via com transmissions from across the galaxy. Though the absence of the top lieutenants of every Arm of the Ankoun family was clearly visible.

"Today. Today is the day, when we celebrate my friend of sixty years' joyous return to the humbling embrace of the Force." All the assembled put their right hands over their hearts. Then bowed their heads and remained silent in a traditional Ankoun show of respect to the deceased. The Ah'geed then turned up the tone with great charisma and amazing fortitude. "Every Ankoun has two great celebration in his or her life time, when they marry, and when they give their LIVES for their family! AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO DIE THAN SACRIFICING YOURSELF TO PROTECT A THOUSAND ANKOUN AND OVER TEN THOUSAND CORELLIAN MEN AND WOMEN WORKING IN THIS TOWER?!" The Ah'geed stopped sharply at the question and was greeted with a roar of approval from the crowd. "My sons... My daughters. There is no greater, more respectable, more glorious way to die. But we still hurt. We yearn for justice." Loud murmurs came from the crowd in agreement.

The Ah'geed turned to Dortor Rabi's family. He hugged Rabi's widow and his adult son and daughter, then kissed each of his five grandchildren on their foreheads. Then moved in front of the young Doctor Kerri Ankoun who stood next to the Rest of the Elders. He presented her with a sleek, thin and shining cortosis pressed Silver dagger with the Ankoun crest etched at the top of the grip, that blade was the symbol of Elder-ship in the Ankoun family, effectively taking Rabi's place. She accepted hesitantly, then they both bowed with their right hands over their chests. She was the logical choice, despite her young age. The intelligent woman was Rabi's second and the designer of the new Interceptor-Destroyers about to be used. A technological marvel.

The old man turned back to the crowd. "You want justice, and we will deliver. To all forces... commence operation 'Hell Rain'!" He said with fire in his eyes. "Show them why no one has ever dared to raise a hand to our Elders. Show them what an elder's life is worth!"

The moment the Ah'geed gave the order, hell truly rained down. All forces of the Ankouns simultaneously mobilized on more than eleven Empty Night bases on different planets across the galaxy. The entire Ankoun fleet rampaged through open space. At the forefront of the fleet were five fully operational vessels of the new Interceptor-Destroyer class named Justice, equipped with small prototype Ion cannons, capable of completely disabling a ship for ten to fifteen minutes. A final gift from Dr. Rabi. Many Enemy ships were either boarded or destroyed.

In the first twelve hours their enemy's casualties drastically rose... from 50... 100... 200... 300.. to 380. Ankouns were taking some damage, but they were clearly winning. That is until they received a report from their cell on Ord Mantell... which brought the advance to a sharp halt for two reasons.

An Imperial fifth column sparking the war, we have evidence to support this attached within this transmission. Also to report, Empty Night has reached out to Clan Sheteshoy. If they join them, more Mandalorian clans could join them and that would turn the tide of the war. We can not fight a united Mandalorian front.

Full mission report and recordings also attached.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naoko's shuttle left Corellian space unauthorized. She had to do something. But first, she needed to know who her friends were. She opened a secure channel to Carliste Creek and Master Cymstar Crystalstrider.

"Gentlemen, we have to end this war." She said with a desperate voice. "Empty Night and the Ankoun Entity have both forgotten that this war was sparked by Imperial sleepers, they both were infiltrated and they are both in danger. If you care about your friends or families, if you care about the League, if you care about Ceid and Judas... please, please meet me at the attached coordinates."

She shut off the transmission, and locked in her course. She could only surrender to her fate, and only hope that the two men she is choosing to put her faith in wont betray her to Empty Night or the Ankouns.

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 03:46:48 PM EDT »

Ghanik watched as the assassins gunned down Jacson's companion, then in turn were annihilated by Jacson. Clearly the work of amateurs, but not so obvious that by-standers would notice. However, Ghanik was neither an amateur nor a bystander, and his suspicions began to grow. He thought he caught a glimmer of light in a corner of the cantina, but dismissed it when his suit sensors came out negative. He listened to Jacson's  request.

"Doesn't look like you need help, vod. You seemed to have that exchange completely under control. With troops like you, Judas has nothing to worry about. Ceid is passionate and strong-minded, but surely his family wouldn't continue to throw assets away like that for such small victories. Unless, of course, those were not Ankouns. Your cousin was worth twenty thousand credits to a friend of mine, something I was unfortunately too late to tell you. Although, you could still collect, if you don't mind losing the helmet."

Ghanik paused as a text transmission from Tracynka'rta scrolled across the screen. Here's something from Aay'han. Ankouns just released a new attack wave, spearheaded by a new class of ships. Justice, I believe they are called. They look on the smaller side, but have ion cannon capabilities. It appears Empty Night is taking heavy casualties.

Ghanik resumed after he read the message. "Looks like you were right Jacson, a whole new fleet of ships just jumped your forces, how did that number of ships just slip on past your intelligence? How about this: I personally have little interest in a war at this time. However, I have a good deal of influence with many Mandalorian clans, and could give you some assistance for old time's sake. Further assistance will be hired like any other customer. I am more than willing to provide my Clan's expertise in strategy and armory, but my men are war-weary and desirous of home, so I am reluctant to commit them to another war. Pick a location when a message would best be applied, and I will send to that location some favors. How does a Mandalorian Carrier sound?"

Tracynka'rta gave a small gasp, completely inaudible to anyone not on her private link to Ghanik. The Fessenler Carrier Group was a well-guarded secret of only a select few Mandalorian Warlords. The fact that Ghanik was willing to deploy it showed his intense desire to send a message that Mandalorians were not to be pushed. Consisting of a Mandalorian Carrier, six destroyers, fifteen cruisers, and hundreds of support ships and smaller attack vessels, the Fessenler Group was something of a legend among those not privileged with knowledge of its true capabilities. Many thought it to be a pirate gang, but those who had encountered it rarely had the opportunity to tell others of its existence. The Fessenler Clan had stayed out of the Mandalorian War, and in the destruction that followed remained untouched. With the destruction of the Mandalorian Fleet at Malachor V, the existence of the spacefaring Fessenlers was forgotten. Over the following centuries, there were stories of elite Mandalorians disappearing without cause, and stories of a great fleet that would return the glories of Mandalore. Although his fleet was mighty, Darmand Fessenler wanted nothing of galaxy-spanning rule. His fleet was for glory gained by ridding the galaxy of filth, and protecting his corner from intrusion. Ghanik had done time with the Fleet in his younger days, training space marines for ship-to-ship warfare. Upon his promotion to Warlord, Ghanik had been given the privilege of deploying the fleet should the need arise. Mandalorian ship don't go down easy when alone, and the last time a fleet like this had been seen, it had taken Revan and his trusted General to turn them back.

CymStar

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 09:24:58 AM EDT »

As McTavish walked up to the cantina in Port Nowhere, he couldn’t help feeling a little anxious.  He really had no idea what set off Judas and Ceid.  Both were respected members of the Corellian League, both were top warriors though they used significantly different methods.   Now, he had the task of telling the toughest gunslinger in the galaxy that he had been locked out of his League accounts.  Nice.  He would have to let Cymstar know how much this was going to cost him.

He moved past the doorway and into the lounge.  He was probably no more than two steps in when the hairs on his neck tingled and his anxiety ratcheted up a notch or two.  Guy in the far corner playing sabaac, check.  Guy standing behind the guy at the table, check.  Girl, appearing to work the bar, but with eyes too alert and inattentive to the conversation of the guy trying to put a make on her.  Two spacers, opposite corner, acting drunk with their feet on the table and spilling what looked to be poor quality beverage  while trying to drink, check.  As Mac looked around the room, he counted 35 bodies which looked much more interested in covering the table in the center of the room than whatever they were pretending to do at their own tables.

Ah, yes, the center table.  There he was, all by himself.  Mac couldn’t tell if he was just really happy or if this wasn’t his first bottle.  Silently, Mac  debated with himself whether it had been a good idea to come alone.  Well, he supposed, in a short while, I will either be walking out or not.  He kept his pace steady, even though his brain was screaming at him to run, run now.

“Judas”, Mac nodded.

“Mac”, Judas replied.  Judas slid the bottle over to the side of the table with the open seat.

Mac reached down and picked the bottle off the table and glanced at the year.  His eyebrows shot up in spite of himself.  “Any particular reason you are celebrating?” Mac asked.  “you sure aren’t afraid of buying the best stuff.”  Mac pulled out the chair and sat down.

“Mac,”  Judas said smiling, with no sign that the liquor was affecting his speech at all.  “pour yourself a glass, tonight we celebrate.”

Mac poured himself a glass and run it under his nose.  This was particularly good Corellian Ale.  Mac put it back on the table.  “Judas”, Mac started, “I came here to let you know that League has locked your and Ceid’s access to the League’s systems and databanks.  Council decision.  Not sure what had set you and Ceid at odds, but it is not good for the League.  And it’s not good for either of you.  You must be aware of the body count the two of you have going?”

Judas’s expression darkened. “Don’t talk to me about body counts!  Did Ankoun send you here?”

“No, I’m here for my brother Cymstar, and for the League more generally.  C’mon Judas.  This feud of yours is causing a serious distraction to the League’s efforts in suppressing Imperial activity in the Core.  People are busy figuring out how to pick sides instead of watching what the Empire is doing.  Intell reports are coming across with shoddy quality, people are starting to lose trust with their comrades.  This could seriously get out of hand – if it hasn’t already.  We want to help sort this out.  What can we do to end this?”

Judas was quiet for a longer time than Mac felt comfortable with.

“Judas, talk to me.”
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 09:38:28 AM EDT »

The three of them sat silently as the Defender-class starship The Crystal House streaked towards the rendezvous point Naoko had sent to Cymstar.  Cymstar had thought a lot about this message and meeting.  He felt no deception in the force regarding the request, but he had never met Naoko so some uncertainty remained.

Cymstar would go because the invitation was to him.  Sending a representative might create doubt, mistrust.  He choose Kandoo because Carliste Creek had also been addressed in the notice, and there seemed to be a sort of brotherhood among those who called themselves Sand Panthers.  Duke Undara, Cymstar's father, was included because Cymstar had not yet found someone who understood long range strategy better.  Undara's negotiation skills were also among the best.

At a different level, they brought three other skills which might seem paramount to ending this war among comrades.  Kandoo was powered by trust.  Having found two people whom he trusted implicitly in Creek and Undara, Kandoo would be persuasive and once a course had been set - unstoppable.  Undara have extreme sensitivity to the subtle shifting ebbs and flows of the force.  He could discern how each subtle shift began to create new opportunities, new outcomes - if they could be followed, taken advantage of.  Cymstar, always the idealist had only two skills of any merit.  Trust and hope.  Perhaps, today, they would be enough.

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 10:44:37 AM EDT »

Ceid leaned against a wall on the balcony in his Large Flat in Coronet, the sun set was beautiful. But he felt nothing. Not Anger, not happiness, not sadness, just emotionless.

Strange was this feeling of no feeling. Nothing really mattered. What's worse, his wife was gone. He came home the night before and never found her. He knew he should be worried, angry and frantic, but he wasn't... He really didn't feel alive with the absence of emotion within him.

Jedi trained all their lives to achieve a moment of peace, and most never truly experience it. They mostly struggle to guard their emotions. But this wasn't peace or clarity he felt, that would include the serene sense of life and a connection to the greater force. What he felt was a void, a vacuum, He was indifferent to everything.

It wasn't just one event that caused this, it was the weight of everything that happened till now.

A month ago, the betrayal of one of his oldest friends struck deep, then the tole of the war on a man's soul struck deeper. It wasn't like any other war or battle he had fought. This war felt wrong. As if every decision they had made was wrong, and the feeling of helplessness for being incapable of stopping it. Then worst of all, witnessing the death of an Elder three days ago, then being blamed for it by his cousin added to his troubles.

Worst of all...

"Say hello to Naoko for me....." Ceid remembered Judas spitting words of poison to hurt him. Now his wife is gone and he has no idea where she is. All of this put him in some sort of depression that strangely enough, helped him suppress his emotions, becoming the perfect Force User... A drone, cold and calculating.

He no longer thought of himself a Jedi. Jedi are a group of Force Users, he isn't one of them anymore, but he still uses the force. He remembered Judas saying Jedi have no hearts... ironically enough, the now enemy's transmission was what pushed him over the edge and made him have no heart.

He knew one thing, it's not emotional or personal anymore. It was simply the law of the universe. Two objects can not exist in the same point in Space-Time. And Judas had to die and his syndicate along with him...

He brushed his thoughts aside and went to bed, he had a meeting with the Elder the next morning.

When he awoken, he took the Trans to the Ankoun Tower in the Financial district, and went before the Elders.

Dr. Kerri Ankoun, the new head of R&D sat uncomfortably in her new chair, she looked overwhelmed.

"Hey Baby!" His aunt Kizra said from her chair with a genuine smile. Things tended to be more casual in the morning, and this time, Ceid was before the Elders alone.

Ceid faked a smile at his aunt, "Hello auntie."

"Master Ankoun." Started the Ah'geed. "Thank you for coming on such short notice.

"As you Command Ah'geed." Ceid replied with a Bow.

"Son, it has come to our attention that your actions saved everyone in this Tower. The terrorist attack on the tower would have destroyed it if it weren't for you. You intuition saved the day." General Nasi complemented. Ceid bowed his head again.

"So it is clear now that we need pay more attention towards the Force Arts again." Ah'geed Diab Ankoun concluded.

"Sir?"

"At one point in our history." Lady Kizra started. "We had a seat in this Elder Chambers for the Elder of Force Affairs. The Master Force User who trained the members of our now Disbanded Force Arm." Ceid raised an eyebrow as she continued. "But our family experienced a drought of force powers so to speak. And with the death of the last Head of Force Affairs two hundred years ago, the Elders at the time shut it down."

The Ah'geed stood and walked towards him with a sheathed blade in his hand. "Now however, you have proved that we need to revive the Force Arm of the Ankoun Entity. We have around thirteen Padawans in the Green Jedi, and we have four Knight and Master Level Force Users serving within our Forces." Lord Diab explained.

"Including you Sir." Ceid said as a matter of fact, sensing the Force sensitivity of the Chief.

Lord Diab smiled. "Excluding me actually. I am an old man now son. I won't be of much help to you." The Ah'geed unsheathed the Cortosis pressed Silver dagger and held it before Ceid. "You are powerful my son, more than anyone we have. And we want you to head Force Affairs. Do you accept the Challenge? All force User adepts and Masters will be transfered to your Division. It would be your responsibility to administrate and over see the training of your younger personnel."

It was an amazing opportunity. He was being asked to become an Elder, such a rare Honor, but he felt no excitement. He was completely indifferent. "It will be a great challenge, but with the aid of our current Adepts, I think we can achieve a miniature Order. I accept." Ceid Said, then the Ah'geed handed him the dagger and they both put their hands on their hearts and bowed.

A moment later, Major Hemza Ankoun walked in the room after he was summoned electronically.

"Major. Please escort the new Elder to the Hall of Records." Ordered Lady Kizra, Hemza's Mother. It was tradition for a new Elder to enter the Hall of Records, Recite the Elder's oath and record the date and time of his promotion. Usually there would be a ceremony, but in times of war, things usually were done without too much flare.

The Major remained standing at ease with his hands folded behind his back, and he pumped his chest full of air, almost defiant. With a look of disapproval on his face.

His mother spoke with a whisper. "What's wrong with you?"

Hemza remained defiant for a moment, then did what all good soldiers do. Follow orders, even if they disagree with them. He bowed his head. "Yes Ma'am. Follow me Lord Ankoun." Hemza then addressed Ceid without looking him in the eyes.

On the way to the Hall of records, located in sub-basement five, Ceid unintentionally heard Surface thoughts from Hemza here and there. He would guard against it, but he couldn't control it at all times. Ever since the war started, Cied's power had been drastically becoming more powerful, his attunement to the Force was becoming too sharp to the point that it sometimes overwhelmed him, and his mental powers grew to uncomfortable levels. He could hear the thoughts of everyone within visual range of him whether he liked it or not. Trying to control this new level of mental powers was taxing and uncomfortable.

Hemza's thoughts of disapproval and disdain were especially hurtful. When they reached sub-basement five and passed by the shaft where they had hid when Elder Rabi died, Ceid heard a thought that pushed him over the edge.

So you killed him to get promoted?

Ceid Lost it as all his emotions that were suppressed came back flooding out of his subconscious. He punched the wall with a massive fist fueled with Force Energy, the strike bent the bulkheads a meeter inwards and the sudden release of built up energy threw Hemza off of his feet.

"IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK YOU BASTARD!" Ceid yelled with anger and pain and with tears running down his cheeks. "I DID IT TO GET PROMOTED? I KILLED HIM? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW OF MY PAIN?" Ceid took  heavy breaths as Hemza came to his feet behind him. "You stupid son of a bitch! Instead of having my back, you want to kill me." Ceid said with a sad voice and watery eyes.

"You have no Idea what you have done?" Hemza asked while shaking his head with an angry and confused look. "OUR ENTIRE EXISTENCE IS TO PROTECT THE FAMILY AND THE ELDERS! And you! Everything that had happened was your fault. How many chances have you had to end Judas Creek before we got to this? FOR THREE THOUSAND YEARS WE HAVE STOOD! And from the moment you came back to the fold my blood relative, we began compromising for your sake. We began to give people a chance after a chance to take a swing at us. The League, your old Friend... What have the Ankouns gotten out of you except disaster? AND NOW THEY MAKE YOU ELDER!? IDIOCY!!!" Hemza yelled from the bottom of his heart, and expected a fight from the emotional Jedi. But to his surprise, it never came.

Ceid spun and leaned against the wall, and slid down to a seated position. "Your right... It is my fault." Ceid said and Hemza was disarmed by the admission. "His betrayal was bad enough and that was on me, but what he had done... He killed Lord Rabi, that's also on me, then he threatens me and my wife... Can you imagine? Ceid asked as he looked at Hemza for a second, "Your oldest friend taking pleasure in hurting you, and tells you that he will be seeing your wife soon enough? The knife struck deep." He said as Hemza watched in surprise. Ceid then took out the silver blade he was given by the Ah'geed. "I could have killed Judas from the first sign of trouble, but I kept coming up with excuses for him, covering for him, even though I knew he wasn't going to go back to his old self. I could have killed him on Carrik Station, but I let him go because of RT, I deeply regret that, I should have killed him. Everything is my fault and I don't deserve this promotion." He said as he threw the silver blade at the opposite wall and watched it punch in the bulkhead and remain there. "I will fix that mistake. You have my word!"

Hemza closed his eyes. "See... that is what I wanted to hear..." Hemza said then went to the Dagger in-bedded in the wall and pulled it out. "This doesn't belong to people without a heart. This doesn't belong to people that don't take responsibility for what they have done and don't feel remorse." Hemza then moved to Ceid. "This belongs to ELDERS of the Ankoun Entity." He said as he held the blade and offered the grip to Ceid and continued with a smile. "You just proved that you deserve this Cousin. This is your my Lord."

Ceid Smiled, returning to his passionate old self, he took the grip and with his other hand, grabbed Hemza's hand as he offered to help him to his feet. "And don't worry Master Ankoun. The Mad Man wont be allowed to touch a hair on your wife's head. She is a sister, one of us."

Ceid had a worried look on his face again, which was healthy giving the circumstances. "She's already gone Hem..." He said and continued down the hallway, leaving Hemza in shock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naoko reached the rendezvous point, and was disheartened to find no one there. Was she ignored, or was she simply the first one to arrive?

She sat comfortably in her chair, and kept an eye on the long range scanners, with only one thought on her mind. "I will make this better Ceid, I promise you... I love you."

Her thoughts was interrupted by a beep. A ship entered the System! She rushed to scan it to see if this was a trap after all... it had a League Signature.

"Shuttle Redorn to unidentified vessel. Identify yourself!" She said with renewed strength of will.

CymStar

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 11:15:11 AM EDT »

"Shuttle Redorn to unidentified vessel. Identify yourself!" The comm light blinked silently.

"Shuttle Redorn, this is the Defender-class starship The Crystal House.  My name is Cymstar, I come in peace at the request of Naoko Ankoun.  I have aboard two neutral parties, Lieutenant Kandoo of Tatooine and Duke Undara of Alderaan.  We seek an audience with Naoko.  Please identify your shuttle's passneger manifest."

Cymstar's hope rose.  If there were any way to halt the bloodshed, destruction and distrust which were distracting the league from its mission and tearing loyalties apart, he had to take that path.  Undara sat quietly in the co-pilot's seat, eyes closed, deep in thought and at peace.  Without opening his eyes or moving, he merely stated, "I do not sense any disception here.  But we must remain vigilant against other parties whom may have intercepted any transmission.  We cannot assume that we or our mission will be welcomed by all parties."

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 12:59:38 PM EDT »

She allowed herself to smile worriedly at the name of Cymstar. She had no idea where all of this will lead, but perhaps it was a step in the right direction. She trusted Cymstar explisitly. Ceid used to always talk about how he always had faith in Cymstar. She saw him a few times here and there, but their relationship never developed beyond just hellos. She didn't know him well, but she was willing to wager on his support.

"I am sorry Master Crystelstrider. It's good to have you here. I am Naoko Sellis..." She hesitated for a momemt, then continued her legal name. "Naoko Sellis Ankoun. I am afraid I am alone, the Ankouns wont support me, and I couldn't involve my crew in the war. My shuttle isn't large enough to host this Cymstar. Permission to come aboard."

CymStar

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 04:17:56 PM EDT »

Cymstar transmitted to Naoko the permission to board Crystal House.  As a courtesy, Cymstar, Kandoo and Undara disarmed and asked Naoko to do the same as she boarded.  Her sense in the forced was anxious, but Cymstar could certainly understand that.  She was taking considerable risk.  The Ankoun resources and family loyalties were the stuff of legend throughout the galaxy.  Cymstar chuckled - in some ways, it made the struggles to right wrongs on Alderaan seem almost insignificant, if one counted only the assets involved in looting the Silverstar estates.

They made their way to the conference room and closed the door.  Kandoo did a sweep for any type of spying devices and came up clean.  They made sure to allow Naoko any seat she chose and purposefully avoided sitting at either end of the conference table.  This needed to be honest and low-key.  Non-verbal communication was going to be equal or more important than what would be said.

Undara began.  "We want to let you know that we have no agenda except peace.  This conflict tears at the heart of the league.  It has become a breeding ground for hate, deception and distrust.  The dark side waits in eager anticipation to consume us all.  Meanwhile the Empire advances their plans uncontested.  I understand that this may sound very strange coming from someone in Imperial garb with an acquired accent.  You must trust that I operate independently and fight for Alderaan in the same way the Corellian League fights for its home.  But something feels very wrong in the force concerning this. There is so much anger that it is difficult to see where the currents of the force have diverged."

Cymstar continued, "We have sent my brother to bring a similar message to Judas Creek.  But I must be clear to say that we feel a little blind as to what is going on.  We are hopeful that by meeting with you we could understand more and perhaps help bring this war to an end, restore balance.   Our resources are meager compared to the vast wealth of the Ankoun family, or the acquired wealth of Judas Creek.  Unfortunately, our own family wealth was plundered after the empire's attack on Alderaan.  Yet what we have we pledge to end this catastrophe.  Will you help us?"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:20:55 PM EDT by CymStar »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.494 seconds with 27 queries.