The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:06:40 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is that old blaster not punching holes in armor like it should? Visit KrypTec Armory for an upgrade! Tell them, "Kell sent me", and all of your wildest dreams will come true.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: RT Is Getting Married...need help planning it  (Read 19639 times)

Zebron Strom

Re: RT Is Getting Married...need help planning it
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 06:28:10 PM EDT »

Ok, I kinda procrastinated a little but, here are my thoughts.  Before I begin I want to clarify that what I am about to say is my current and unofficial viewpoint on the issues I address.  Feel free to disagree with me or correct me if there is a part of Star Wars lore I am unaware of.  Disclaimer finished... Now for the rant.  If you want, just skip a few paragraphs to the section that has the ideas I eventually ramble around to making. 

Dremmess is a Jedi that is getting married.  This alone is a fount of conflict.  Normally, if a Jedi persists in this path, they are forced to leave the Jedi Order and renounce their talent with the force.  I am confident that all of us are familiar with the Jedi mantra, a few probably have it memorized, but for the sake of clarity I have provided it here.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
     There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
     There is no passion, there is serenity.
     There is no death, there is the Force.

There are variations but this is a common version.  Read simply, the Jedi Code forbids emotion, especially passion.  The reasons are very simple, emotions can be a very quick path to the dark side of the force.  In fact, they are by far the most common method of conversion to Sith.  Therefor emotions are a risk, one that the Jedi Order is unwilling to accept for the consequences are large.  Time and again history has shown that a single Jedi converted to the Dark Side is capable of tremendous damage.  The Jedi Counsel came to the natural conclusion that the path of least risk is to have all Jedi live a life devoid of passion and attachment.  Corellian Jedi are the only ones that ignore this and have families.  This is where I depart from fact and into opinion since, to my knowledge, there is not an official established explanation. 

Corellian Jedi have a different interpretation of the Jedi Code.  Serenity and peace is not found by bottling up one's emotions and suppressing them.  They believe that feeling emotion without being controlled by them is better solution, like an unswayable rock in a river.  This is by no means an easy or simple solution in practice.  There are several emotions I can discuss but I choose to discuss sorrow. 

In living a life of family and attachment, loss is inevitable.  Times of loss are among the most trying and difficult in anyone's life.  They are also moments of great susceptibility and weakness.  Many Jedi believe that these periods of weakness will inevitably result in corruption and why a life of attachment is only an impossible dream of inexperienced padawans.  Corellians do not blindly accept this.  A life of attachment is difficult but not unachievable; corruption is not unavoidable.  The reason Corellians can live a life of attachment and resist temptation is not due to great mental fortitude (stubbornness) or any such  mystical talent.  Going back to my example of sorrow, the best answer is companionship.  The Corellian Jedi have a preexisting social structure of family and friends to support them.  I could elaborate further... but I have rambled enough to get my point made. 

The Jedi Order allows Corellian Jedi this way of life because... well they are Corellian and would ignore them do it anyway, but also because they have proven themselves somehow successful at living this life.  This is why only Corellian Jedi would participate in a wedding such as this. 

There are several details that need to be clarified to realistically see how a wedding like this would proceed in the Star Wars Universe.  First thing that requires clarification is the past.  What is Dremmess' relationship with the Jedi Order.  Is she a member of the Order, a former member of the Order, or no relationship at all? Did she receive proper training, partial training, or only self-training? 

Ultimately the story of Dremmess will proceed as the player dictates.  If she wants to avoid all this conflict and drama, then it is possible to simply label this a Corellian wedding. That could be enough to set the issue aside and not worry about it...  but that would be too boring wouldn't it?  At the very least I would suggest you acknowledge the issue in your role-playing before simply dismissing it if that is your choice. 

From here on my post will list possible points of contention that you can use.  Feel free to use any and/or all of them. 

If Dremmess is friends with any non-Corellian Jedi and if they are acting anything like any Jedi of this era should, they will not simply act happy for her.  At the very least they would try to persuade her against it, probably do more against this clear violation of the Jedi Code. 

If Dremmess is a member of the Jedi Order and has no prior connection to Corellian Jedi, the Jedi Counsel would not ignore this incident.  Without prior connection to Corellian Jedi, it would seem as if she is asking Jevarrik to preside over the wedding as a cheap way to ignore the Jedi Counsel.  If they allowed this wedding to pass, it would set a dangerous precedent.  Instead of simply being kicked out of the Jedi Order, one possible solution I came up with was if she apprenticed herself to a Corellian Jedi Master to learn new methods of controlling emotions.  This could possibly be followed by an exam to test her resolve to resist the dark side.  After the brief apprenticeship or passing the test, she could be unofficially sort of transferred to the Corellian Jedi Order, possibly only temporarily. 

In any circumstance, there are going to be Jedi that will strongly disagree with this wedding.  It would be simple to have one or more characters that are Jedi zealots that will act against this violation of the Jedi Code. 

Some Jedi may fear that padawans will see Dremess living a happy life without consequence after her wedding.  They may directly or indirectly induce conflict to prevent others from doing the same.  These Jedi would try to make it seem like she suffered sever consequences for her transgressions and should not be imitated.

Some Sith would consider this an opportunity, seeing emotion and/or weakness that can be manipulated.  Their objective could either be death or corruption. 

I think that is enough ideas for now.  I'll try to think of more later....

Possibly without the rant this time...

opcomm_glassmaker event_infected opcomm_tarnishedsoul opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_narshaddaa wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 08:10:37 PM EDT »

This gives me an idea...

Olrac's looking to add another dark jedi to the Cabal's ranks...

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Dremmess

• Ally
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 08:14:06 PM EDT »

Ooo! Lots to think about!! Thank you for this post, I find it very helpful. I have some thinking to do...

Dresage Connor

• Lone Ranger
    • The Corellian League
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 12:10:55 AM EDT »

Dre is the best man, right? ;)
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Rtninefoursix

• X-Patriots
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 03:37:19 AM EDT »

No, Weril is.

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_sunflare event_infected

RT-945: "There's a Lightsaber then there's this Rifle, which one do you think could hit a Nerf at 8000 meters?"

RT-946''s Gear

Beta's Gear

Karolin's Gear

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 04:28:18 AM EDT »

No, Weril is.

SHHHH!!!!  I haven't finished planing my devious and comical machinations!! (i.e.  bachelor party)
<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Rtninefoursix

• X-Patriots
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 05:08:43 AM EDT »

Ok,

Here is the latest and greatest, and Judas I'm just going to start calling you "Mrs Cleo" because your a psychic, you called this one, dead on!

It seems my latest RP with Karolin has led us right into Judas' idea for the wedding. Last Night, Karolin was captured on Nar Shaddaa by a Bounty Hunter, RT went retrieve her (a lot happened so I'm doing the short version) She is currently on Belsavis awaiting transfer back to Tython where the Jedi will place her into a secret prison called, The Prism (look it up! It's out there)

On the day of the Wedding, RT will be captured by Olrac and RTs Brother Hamner Judas with the help of the League will have to make his way to The Prism to free Karolin. Karolin will help Judas locate RT. RT will then get married, but Karolin's freedom comes with a price...she is once again set free and Olrac with Hamner's assistance will be responsible for either putting her back in The Prism or teaching her to deal with her emotions and the Dark Side. The newlyweds meanwhile will be integrating into the League and in hot pursuit of Olrac who crashed the Wedding. 

That's as far as I've gotten, and this was the short, short version...

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_sunflare event_infected

RT-945: "There's a Lightsaber then there's this Rifle, which one do you think could hit a Nerf at 8000 meters?"

RT-946''s Gear

Beta's Gear

Karolin's Gear

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 10:02:23 AM EDT »

One objection.  Judas is a crime lord, as far as the galaxy knows he and tcl have parted ways (I'll explain in a future chronicle).  As such all his work in the League is done via proxy, so he can't be seen with known league members.  And besides, when it comes to force users he shows no restraint, that's why he's so good at killing Sith.  You don't want Karolin dead, do you?

As an alternative, there's another fallen Jedi in the League.  Being half Echani, she couldn't give a scrag about Corellia, but she's an enforcer in the Empty Night and her husband's an old friend of Judas.  If she as a fallen Jedi (not dark, fallen) waz sent along, not only as somebody to match Karolin for strength but also to try to influence her away from the darkness...

Just an idea.

Edit: The fallen Jedi in question is Eleina.  Just now realizing I didn't say that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:47:25 PM EDT by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Giant Lizard Puppy

Zebron Strom

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 10:26:35 AM EDT »

I am happy that no one has posted a statement disagreeing or contradicting my rant, yet anyway.  Somehow i think that is due to few people actually wanting to read it... I know I would be hesitant to do so...  

wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_narshaddaa wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 12:02:47 PM EDT »

I will read it in a sec Zeb lol,

Ceid is the exact opposite of his friend Judas, He is a very public figure within the League, mostly due to the fact that he is an Ankoun.

As the Ankouns represent a large, powerful and influential family in the Corellian Capital, and seeing as RT is a proud Corellian and a member of the Corellian League, a delegation of the Ankoun clan should be present at the wedding. :P

But for the wedding, I love the ideas floating around. Olrac wont just crash the wedding because of the poetic target. It does have strategic value too. As RT is know to be a Junior Councilor within the League, it would make sense that a lot of high ranking and regular members of the League would be present. The blow to the League moral if many of its members were taken can not be ignored. If he can take many, his victory is complete, but his aim is to take at least one.  Thought?

I haven't read this thread in a while, so I might be out of touch with the story so far.

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 12:22:08 PM EDT »

I have no objections to your post Zeb, you are pretty much right.

But for the second part, you are assuming that the Corellian League cares what the Jedi council thinks. That is untrue.

The very existence of the Corellian League and their mission of fighting the Empire and defending Corellia goes against the politics of the Jedi Council at the time. The fact that she is fraternizing or dealing with a member of the League without being of Corellian decent herself would get her in hot water.

There are some members of the League that are still members of the Order, but they keep their involvement with the League a secret. Also, there were Order aligned Jedi that joined the League, but only as observers and spies (if you indulged me the use of this strong word). The late Saron Asiri (R.I.P.) was an example of this for a time before leaving the Order.

Point is, that if she is in the League, she no longer care about the consequences of marring. (All of this is assuming that she was a Jedi loyal to the Council on Tython)

CymStar

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 09:55:46 PM EDT »

I am happy that no one has posted a statement disagreeing or contradicting my rant, yet anyway.  Somehow i think that is due to few people actually wanting to read it... I know I would be hesitant to do so... 

You underestimate yourself...it was a thoughtful piece.  The thorn in the thinking is the number of times Individual Jedi went their own way on the question of marriage (Revan marries Bastila, Anakin marries Amidala, Luke marries Mara, Leia marries Han, Prince Isolder marries a Dathomiri force user).  Now, you could make the argument that, with the exception of Revan, all the occurrences happen after the SWTOR era, but then I haven't done a complete lore reading of that era yet).  Just sayin'...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Zebron Strom

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 01:21:21 AM EDT »

Well, you pretty much made my argument for me.  All of those happen after the Jedi Order is destroyed.  Master Skywalker and his New Jedi Order is structured differently from The Old Republic's Jedi Order.  He borrows much knowledge and lore from the past but realizes that the old order was not perfect.  It had its share of flaws.  These flaws were ultimately manipulated by the Sith for the fall of the Order.  As for Revan and Bastila I do not remember them actually being married, at least not in established canon.  Given what is revealed in the flashpoint Mealstrom Prison, if Revan ever married someone in secret it would have been... someone else. 

As far as SWTOR era goes, the best example of the Jedi Order's mentality on love is demonstrated in an early mission on the starter planet Tython.  There is a mission, apply named "Lovers and Secrets", where the player character is asked by two masters to spy on their love-struck padawans.  The masters ultimately give the lovers two choices, renounce their love or never become Jedi. 

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 02:19:58 AM EDT »

As to Revan/Bastilla, it's canon.  Revan gives a recount.  They got around it by both being war heroes and neither could ever take a padawan so that their "heresy" couldn't spread.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 08:39:59 AM EDT »

I was going to answer that but Judas beat me to it. He is absolutely correct. It is a part of the book "Reven". From which most of the malestrom prison FP derives its story.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 27 queries.