The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 27, 2017, 11:42:34 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to download your Beta version of "Call of Corellia", today!  Use code THX1138 to redeem your copy!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [LSES] The Lost Secret of the Endar Spire (Open RP)  (Read 10197 times)

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
Re: [LSES] The Lost Secret of the Endar Spire (Open RP)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 03:26:56 PM EDT »

"...who could give us any insight into this mystery?" CymStar Asked.

"You pose an interesting question, one which should have been asked from the beginning." Ceid pondered his next words. "The League has the best and brightest in the Republic, but our skill sets rarely include history and archeology... But I think I know someone who does." Ceid decided to ask someone close yet far far from him. A person who might be the closest thing for a mother he could think of. A shiver took over him for a second. His relationship with her was strained to say the least. "I will contact them right away. I will remain in orbit, should you need any support, you know where to find me."

Cymstar nodded. "By the way Cym, usually people would stay that your lucky to be alive, but I doubt you were truly in danger. Sure, your meeting with your father didn't seem like the warmest reunion ever, but he kept you alive. You said you sense the light from him, he could have killed you but chose to inflict only a flesh wound, he told you you can't talk here. This doesn't seem something a Sith would do. I think he is not beyond saving. The next time you see him, stay collected, and guard your thoughts. But most importantly, do not deal with absolutes, be flexible and try to understand him. Only Sith deal with absolutes."

Cymstar nodded again, and after a brief pause he continued. "I go to meet the republic soldier, Kandoo.  Based on my father's comment that he seeks to avoid detection, I do not feel we will find him in Anchorhead.  I cannot say if he will have left Tatooine.  Be well, my friend."  Cymstar closed off the channel.

"Be well." Ceid muttered the prayer as he started inputting a new channel codes. "I know you are better off the I am." He said with nervousness, knowing this call might not go very well.

He waited what seamed like an hour, though only seconds passed. Finally a middle aged woman appeared with a blaster in hand over the holo. "DAMN IT!" she shouted and raised her blaster and fired twice at an unknown target. She then rolled behind cover and continued. "You know, many would call walking in on your sibling when they are in the washroom is bad timing. Others might say sitting down the moment someone moves your chair from under you is bad timing. THIS IS BEYOND BAD TIMING!!!" The brown skinned, blond haired, green eyed woman scolded Ceid. Ceid flinched at her loud voice. Here he was, a tested and powerful Jedi Master and one of the leaders of the largest and most successful resistance movements know to history, being scolded by a woman half his size and a quarter of his weight.

"I am sorry Aunt Kirza." Ceid tried to get a word in.

"SORRY?" She yelled and jumped from behind cover with her blaster firing. She then turned invisible with impressive speed. Ceid could only watch the battle in front of him over the holo, but he wasn't worried. In fact, he felt sorry for whoever was stupid enough to fire at Kirza Ankoun. As the two enemy fighters left looked for the woman, she suddenly appeared behind one of them with a scatter gun in hand. She braced and placed a shot right between his shoulder blades. The man didn't scream, he simply fell over... dead. She quickly took aim at the second man as he turned around with his blaster rifle at the ready to investigate. A second shot to his face ended the battle. "What could you possibly want." Kirza didn't ask, she simply stated. "For two months, you don't call, my other moron nephew doesn't call, and now my idiot son is not calling and following you. And out of the blue you call and alert half the city to my position. You just cost me weeks of work young man." Kirza Ankoun Lectured Ceid in a visibly angry tone.

"I am sorry Aunt Kirza, and sorry for not calling. We really been busy." Ceid tried to explain.

"Mhm." She said unbelievingly as she crossed her arms after collapsing her scatter gun and attaching it to her armor over the small of her back.

"Really, I know you care a lot about the family, but the nature of our work rarely..." Ceid couldn't finish his sentence.

"Don't talk to me about work young man, I'm in the middle of a Street war here and still manage to find the time to talk to a sorry specimen of a nephew like yourself." She then looked around at the Holo background behind Ceid. "Where is Assad?"

"Taris. Dealing with a contact in the local security force." Ceid answered.

"And Hemza?" Aunt Kirza asked.

"Corellian League HQ, preping a strike force in case our plans go south"

"Urgh kids these days, everyone acting like a one man army. When we were young, your father, uncle and I, we would go everywhere together... Where is that wife of yours? That one I actually like. She actually calls to check on her new family, unlike some people I know." She jabbed again. Naoko being the newest addition to the family, immersed herself with Ankoun traditions and never missed a get-together.

"Aunt Kirza, we really are working hard, and upholding Ankoun tradition of defending Corellia to the last breath, I really wish you would see that. In fact, this is why I am calling you. The League could use your help. I need you Auntie."

She rocked her shoulders back and forth and looked away in the body language of rejection, she enjoyed scolding him for not acting like part of the family, but her familial protective instincts would let her ignore her nephew's request for aid. "Awe!" She groaned as she relented. "What do you need?"

Ceid smiled widely and then asked. "How soon can you be over Tatooine?"

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 01:03:18 AM EDT »

Olrac listened to Sandos' report of the meeting on Tatooine, and then Stella's findings from shadowning the League strike force on Taris.  He looked out on the staging area from his office on Corellia.  His predecessor had never settled in one place, and many of the Cabal council didn't wish to deal with the threat of assassins, but Olrac had no fear of them.  Besides, his Cabal worked to keep Corellia, it was a matter of pride that Corellia be his base of operations.

The two intelligence officers finished their reports and stood to attention.  Olrac considered what he had heard.

"Obviously, the League cannot obtain what they are after.  And I begin to doubt Dutch's loyalty."

He was about to continue when another hologram flickered to life beside the couple all ready there, a human with two lightsabers at her side.

"Yes, apprentice?"

"My Lord, there's been an attack on our Tatooine operations.  Three caravans have been slaughtered, and the investigation has shown it's not the Sand People.  There was one survivor, and he raved about the green dead, or something."

Olrac thought for a moment.  Tatooine was on the opposite side of the galaxy from Taris.  It would keep Dutch occupied until a team of Olrac's choosing could go over the Endar Spire's wreckage.  His mind made up, he turned to face the three holograms.

"Sandos, contact Dutch and have him meet with Kryshta to investigate.  And don't accept a negative response.  While he's looking, Stella, I want you to rendezvous with Juunah and examine the Endar Spire from stem to stern.  Kryshta, keep a keen eye on Dutch.  If he shows any signs of wavering from his loyalty to the Empire..."

Olrac didn't have to finish the statement.  All three knew what would happen if Dutch stepped out of line, they had seen it before.

"And Kryshta.  When your investigation's complete, have Dutch report to Corellia.  I want to have a conversation with him about trust.  That is all."

The three images winked out and Olrac turned back to face the staging ground, watching the scurrying of imperial patrols coming and going from the window.  He wasn't sure what to make of this, but he hoped it would give him the extra edge.  Two resistance movements had been destroyed in the short months since he'd taken over, soon the League would join them.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 07:55:35 PM EDT »

Blast!, Dutch muttered to himself.  He had been careless!  It was enough of a risk to reach out the young republic trooper, but now he had nearly cut his own son in two pieces.  This was unforeseen.  Unforeseen also was how Cymbeline had grown so strong in the force.  Fortunate, really.  Had not Cymbeline's force discernment warned him of the danger, he would be dead now and Duke Undara bereft one of his children.

Blast, blast, blast it all!  What was the reason Cymbeline was on Tatooine?  Dutch strode fervently down the dusty street.  Citizens could see him coming and gave wide berth to his path.  Dutch, so focused on his own thoughts did not even notice them.  Cymbeline couldn't know about the Gree research, could he?  Had the young trooper been so idealistic that he had failed to keep his conversation with Dutch secret and had reported it in?  Had Dutch overplayed his hand being so threatening to Kandoo?   No, Cymbeline had seen Dutch and come seeking his father. 

Really, Cymbeline would never make a brilliant strategist or tactician.  But Dutch had learned one thing from their encounter.  His son had grown very strong in the force, perhaps even stronger than Dutch, himself.  He had heart, strength of will.  It shone like a bright light from his force sense.  Dutch sensed that once Cymbeline settled a question in his heart, he would be more tenacious than a horned Kath hound. Dutch's pace slowed, as did his pulse.

That was good.  Both the republic trooper and now his son were becoming stronger.  If the republic would finally become cohesive, organized, they could stop the imperial advance and ultimately restore Alderaan to it former glory.  It had been 16 years since the attack on Alderaan.  Dutch had not even had the opportunity to say proper farewells to the family.  He had gone to lead an engagement with the enemy and when it was clear that they could not win the day, Dutch had negotiated freedom for his men in return for Dutch's servitude to the Empire.

It went very badly for a time.  But the Duke of House Crystal was made of stern stuff.  An exceptional tactician, he was able to turn several imperial near-defeats into victories.  His loyalty was tested repeated, but he was able to pass every test while staying focused on restoring Alderaan.  Now, with this chance piece of information about early Gree technology having crossed his path, he was facing his toughest test of all.  Could he pull off the discovery of the truth and, whatever the truth might be, use it to the republic's advantage?

Oh, he had thought about Alderaan under imperial rule.  That perhaps it would not matter which side gained control as longer as Alderaan was free.  But the more he learned of the Empire's strategy and tactics, the more Dutch became convinced that the Empire would never allow Alderaan to be truly free.  It was just not part of their make-up to allow a full democracy and possible dissent.

Dutch's thoughts returned to the present.  It was good that he had brought along the imperial agent, Micymbelarcan.  Micy's well placed blaster bolts distracted Cymbeline long enough to strike a blow and escape.  Dutch's whole plan almost ended then.  Cymbeline's force mastery was efficient and effective.  Dutch was not sure he could have affected his own escape without the distraction.

There was no remorse that Dutch had stabbed his own son.  Cymbeline must learn not to allow the surrounding battle to distract.  Dutch was certain that Cymbeline would not forget.  Dutch's thoughts turned to the rest of his family...where were they?  With the exception of his one son, now going by the name Agnost, he had not seen any of them these 16 years.  Were they even alive?  At least he had one more answer on that score.

Now it was necessary to alter the meeting place with the republic trooper Kandoo and hear of what success was achieved with the Endar Spire.  Changing locations would raise suspicion, but it could not be helped now.  Dutch could not afford to draw more attention to himself.  His charade was held together by the thinnest threads as it was. He needed to take today's events into consideration and alter his tactics to account for their influence on the future.

He continued towards his ship.  He would be able to report in, as was expected, while the imperial agent Micy would contact the trooper and arrange another safe location.  That was the question, now - was there truly such a thing as a safe location for Dutch anymore?
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 08:55:10 PM EDT »

Dutch's holocall with Lord Olrac's man Sandos had been brief, but clear.  Now Dutch would have to put other plans on hold while he assisted in this "investigation".  There had really been no option, whatsoever. Dutch could not possibly display any disloyalty to Olrac, or his ability to maneuver within the empire would be curtailed at best and ended at worst.

Calming himself, he closed the connection and stowed the transmitter.  He mounted his speeder and left Anchorhead for Mos Ila.  At least there he would not have to watch both his front and his back at every turn.  Inside the Empire, one only had to watch their back.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 02:16:37 PM EDT »

Cymstar's fight into the Czerka factory had been furious and exhausting, if not life-threatening.  He reflected on how far he had grown in the force that his return visit to Tatooine seemed almost peaceful compared to his first assignments here.  True, there was the brief and totally unexpected encounter with his father.  That had unsettled him for a few days.  The stab wound was healing, though the muscles were recovering at a more slow rate.

Master Ceid's words were true, Cymstar had decided.  Given the chance to kill Cymstar, his father had not done so.  Hope grew inside Cymstar.  His father was not necessarily lost to the dark side.  But those thoughts needed to be set aside, or they would distract from his purpose.  Cymstar rubbed his shoulder.  He now knew more clearly what the price of distraction could be.

But it was not the surprise appearance of an unknown bounty hunter which had shocked Cymstar.  Rather, it was the discovery of "Infinite Empire" machinery.  He hadn't had the time to search it or experiment with its function.  Come to think of it, the factory had been filled with droids.  Which didn't make any sense.  The Gree weren't particularly fond of droids, according to history.  Yet the Gree Enclave used droids to  engage in diplomacy with the Republic on Corusant.

On the other hand, the Infinite Empire empire had used the force and the Star Forge to create entire navies and could certainly have used the Forge to create advanced droids.  Was there some link between the Ancient battle between the Gree and the Rakata to this artifact Cymstar's father was searching for?  Could it be that it was not Gree at all, but something advanced -  formed inside the Star Forge?  That might explain why Revan would have had access to it.  Certainly Malak would also have known about Star Forge production results.

Too many variables and guessing would not be valuable right now.  Too many things in play and the stakes were too high.  Cymstar would return to his ship, report his findings and thoughts to the League.  Then, it would be off to the Archives to try and determine more accurately exactly what in the galaxy was going to be found at the end of this mission.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:02:13 PM EDT by CymStar »

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 12:54:24 PM EDT »

Kirza Ankoun, the head of the intelligence arm of the Ankoun Family arrived over Tatooine. As she stood at the bridge of her CV04 Corellian Corvette, she took in the view of the dust ball called Tatooine. Kirza's ship was large and had a skeleton crew of 200 people at all times. Most of them linked to the Ankoun Family in one way or another.

The Corellian Family was large and powerful, approximately nine thousand strong. It enjoyed near limitless self funding due to numerous businesses, factories, shipyards, schools, hospitals and orphanages across the Corellian system all pooling yearly profit in the Family vault. The majority of its members are involved in its businesses or "Private Security" as it was often passes as. They have some of its members deep within the Corellian government, Military, Police Force, Navy and so on. They also had two "Arms" as they were called, involved in covert, somewhat Illegal activities.

The First was the Intelligence Arm, numbering around 900 agents, under the command Of Ceid's Aunt, its main mission is to monitor all information, raw data, communication transmissions, floating around Corellian space, as well as keeping a close watch over the political situation withing the Government of the Eldest Brother. And finally research and development of new technologies, especially new fighter class ships.

The second was the Military Arm, numbering around 400, it was closer to a small organized army. But having an army independent of the government was illegal, so they pass themselves as a private security force, watching over Ankoun facilities. Though these "Security Guards" had some of the most devastating soldiers in the Republic.

In the end however, The Ankoun Family and all its might, failed to protect Corellia from the Empire. Though the Battle was never lost forever, it did until recently push the family to the brink and strained its resources and man power. The biggest issue was, the failour was in direct result of the Corellian Council's previous traitorous decision. Which will never be forgotten.

As Kirza transferred to Ceid's much smaller ship provided by the League, she found her son Hemza, her nephews Ceid and and Assad, and her new daughter-in-law Naoko waiting for her. "Welcome aboard mother!" Hemza said Kirza cleared the airlock and moved towards the group.

Hemza moved to great his mother, only to be brushed aside. "Move back next to your cousins young man. I'll deal with you later." She said and then walked over to Naoko with a smile.

"It's good to see you again Aunt Kirza." Naoko said with a smile.

"Oh hunny, just call me Auntie." She said as she hugged Naoko. "Always good to see you again."

She then moved to face her kin. "So!" She started as she paced back and forward inform of the three. They seemed to snap at attention at the sound of her voice. Hemza was a member of the Military Arm, Assad was a recent addition to the Military Arm, and Ceid, A Jedi Master. All three looked more like children on a time out before the old Ankoun's imposing presence.

"This is what the Ankoun clan have come to? What good is carrying this name that represents centuries of history if you ignore all familial bonds? I am greatly disappointed at you three. You are all I have left of my direct family after you fathers' deaths..." The three before her looked to the ground. "You brake my heart of every passing day."

"Don't be like that Aunt Kirza, you know what we are all about." Assad said.

"Be Quite Boy!" She demanded. Assad took offence, but knew better than to respond to the small woman with the towering presence.

Sensing his reaction. "Oh!" She started, "You three will be the death of me!" She said as she took a step towards them and pulled each of them down to her eye level and gave each of them a kiss on the forhead. When she kissed Hemza, she put her hand on his cheek. "Don't wait too long next time before you call alright?"

With a smile, Hemza responded. "Yes Mother."

"Alright, down to business. What is all this talk of Gree and Rakata I've been hearing about?" She said, and then Ceid lead the group to the Conference room aboard his ship.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:59:59 PM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

CymStar

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 08:27:15 AM EDT »

Cymstar worked intently at the terminal.  Apparently, the Gree and the Rakata were both serving a group called The Celestials.  Information on the Celestials was sparse.  What was recorded in the archives, however, was that the Rakata rebelled against The Celestials.  In the rebellion, the Star Forge was created and the Rakata and the Gree warred with against each other.

Cymstar was deep in thought when he was distracted by the whine of a blaster powering up and the snick of a safety being flipped off.  His mind ran quickly through the possibilities of his response to disarm the intruder, while at the same time being upset with himself that he had allowed his force sense to by lowered.

"I would advise against that, son", said Dutch as he walked into the room opposite Cymstar.  "It would be unwise".

"I appreciate your counsel, though I am surprised that you would venture into a Republic Jedi Temple.  You must know that you won't escape this time?," Cymstar answered.  He saw that a powerfully armored bounty hunter followed Dutch into the room and immediately moved to a wide, covering position.

"Tell me what you have found in your research, Cymbeline", Dutch asked.

"I haven't gone by that name since our home was taken over almost 16 years ago.  I go by Cymstar now," the young man responded, looking to move the discussion away from his research. "I have learned much since then.  I have even learned more about strategy since we last met."

With that statement, a blue lightsaber blade stretched out across the throat of the Bounty Hunter.  "You will remember your daughter, of course," Cymstar pointed to the girl.  "She has taken a new name as well.  We call her Tintagel.  It became a politically risky choice to keep the House Crystal name after Alderaan was sacked by the Imperials.  They have not taken the planet, but combined with Alderaan's own back-stabbing culture of political intrigue they have surely blunted its effectiveness to the Republic. Professional raiders, graffiti artists and scavengers overrun House Crystal now.  Artifacts, works of art and heirloom treasures are gone - distributed across the galaxy for profit. How could you serve  them?"

"At the time I had little choice.  My men were defeated and facing imminent execution.  For some reason the attack leader understood that I had a connection to the force and was willing to release my men in return for my service.  It was, it seemed, a good idea at the time.  You will, of course, remember your brother - whom we now call Agnost?"  A powerful force presence moved from the shadow and sent fingers of lightning out, shocking Tintagel.  Cymstar tensed in his chair and started to rise to defend his sister.

"Unwise, little brother," Agnost stated as he stepped forward and gave the bounty hunter space to move away from the immobile Tintagel.  "I do agree that you would probably make a much better Djarik player now.  You were smart to have anticipated father would not see you again unsupported."  Agnost's robes swirled as he quickly moved forward and removed Tintagel's lightsabers from her hands.  He was powerfully cloaked in the force, Cymstar noted.  Agnost's force sense was darker than their father's, but mixed between dark and light.

"So good to see you again, eldest brother", Tintagel said with a voice strained by the task of staying conscious.  "We should visit more often", she stammered.

"And you, sister, you are looking well.  You have been keeping yourself fit, it appears.  To bad you aren't more aware of your surroundings," Agnost countered.

"Enough!" Dutch commanded. "Cymstar," he spoke in an almost distainful way, "you are avoiding my question.  I mean to know what you have discovered in your studies."

"And what will you do with that information, when I share it?" Cymstar queried.

"You may think me an opponent, but I oppose the republic for their own good.  The Empire is more powerful than you believe.  The Emperor has accumulated enormous power and the republic must grow stronger to survive.  And, the republic must survive for Alderaan to return to being a free people.  Only then can House Crystal be rebuilt."

"You needed be a slave to the Empire to see the republic grow strong?" Cymstar countered.

"what do you know of slavery!" Agnost spat.  "I have spent my life in slavery since my capture.  Sixteen years have I fought to survive, finally being given the chance to prove myself.  You, little brother, have maintained your life of privilege, authority, and power.  You have been allowed to grow and blossom in the nurturing greenhouse of the Jedi.  I have had to fight against the weeders for this sixteen years.  Don't speak to me of the nature of slavery.  You know nothing of it!"

"You still have not answered my question, son."  Dutch continued, "I see that you have learned much about strategy and in such a short span of time.  But my patience wears thin and I would not have you misjudge the amount of force I am willing to use to get my answer."

"You probably shouldn't do anything that would be rash, father."
 Mctavish stepped out from behind the archive shelf with his blaster firmly pointed at Dutch.  "The second thing is you should probably take more time to vet the people you work with."  The woman behind Cymstar calmly moved her sniper rifle to cover Dutch, while the bounty hunter turned to cover Agnost.  Tintagel, able to move better now, stepped over to Agnost and retreived her lightsabers.

"Really, father," began Cymstar.  "there must be easier ways to get the family together? Now, if you and brother will calmly store your weapons to a safe place and refrain from any surprise outbursts in the force, perhaps we can chat?"

Dutch's eyes were as cold as Cymstar had ever seen them. "I won't forget this betrayal agent, bounty hunter."

"Betrayal is such a harsh word", Micky started. "It is just perhaps that you made assumptions about to whom we would be loyal?  McTavish was our salvation is a dire time and has proved himself to be our friend ever since.  My brother Mithic and I," she pointed to the bounty hunter, " are just being loyal there first.  Since it is obvious that the two of you are related and since my brother's and my presence have prevented family members from coming to blows, I should think that our loyalty remains without question."

"It is not that I don't believe in what you are doing, father," Cymstar stated.  "it is just that we differ in what methods we think are appropriate to the task.  Now, sit, please."

As Agnost and Dutch pulled up chairs to sit down, the others moved to widely separated cross-covering positions.  Cymstar reviewed the important points of his research.  The servitude of the Gree and Rakata to The Celestials.  The war between the Rakata and the Gree when the Rakata rebelled.  The return to isolationism by the Gree after the war.  The potential contact between Revan and the Gree as deduced from isolated references which, when taken together, could be interpreted to expalin a space of time when Revan's location was unknown.  Then this small items which might have escaped the historians.  As small contingent of Czerka engineers was aboard the Endar Spire, conducting tests of a newly delivered weapons system.  

This meant that Malak was indeed attacking the Endar Spire because of Bastila Shan and he was not aware of the artifact.  However, it could not be ruled out that some of the Czerka engineers on board knew of it.  Cymstar's visit to the abandoned Czerka factory on Tatooine had only convinced him that this was reasonable when he discovered the Rakata Infinite Empire machinery deep within the factory.  That is where the trail now led.

"I am fully aware that there is risk in telling you this," Cymstar concluded.  "But I did not sense any deception in the force when you stated that your desire is to return freedom to Alderaan.  Just be certain that we will in no way allow the artifact to fall into the Empire's hands.  Do not test us on this point.  My brother, sister and our friends will escort you out."  As Cymstar said this two republic troopers also emerged from the shadows.  Kandoo and another Chiss, Knac'ymr'uthra held their heavy cannons in a decidedly menacing covering position.

"Well, then."  Dutch began as he and Agnost rose to their feet.  "I guess that this concludes our little family reunion?  It has been quite enlightening.  I was right that you have grown strong in the force.  I have misjudged how quickly you learn from your mistakes.  I will adjust my strategic thinking to compensate for this.  Until next time, then?"

Cymstar watched as his father and oldest brother were escorted out of the archives.  He hoped that he had not miscalculated in trusting the force and sharing his information with his father.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:35:04 AM EDT by CymStar »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 10:23:49 AM EDT »

A stealthed figure watched the exchange between the remnants of House Crystal in utter silence and stillness, hiding his presence in the Force.  It would be so easy, he thought, eliminate them all.  Kill the assassin first, dispose of the three fodder, eliminate the source of light, all within ten seconds.  Keep the patriarch alive for Master, and keep the woman to break.  Her screams would be such a savory experience, and her connection to the Force would let him keep her awake and sane through the pain.  But Master commanded to watch only, and Blodrath was an extension of his Master's will.  So he watched.  And when all was still he vanished from the archive as silently as he had come.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Olrac paced back and forth in his study on Corellia.  It had been too long since he had been in the field, he craved a release from the monotony of Administration.  The slaves within the slave pens provided no release, he could slay a dozen at a time without any exertion.  He needed to match wits with a true enemy, as he had with the Zabrak warrior almost a year before.  His holoterminal beeped and the image of his slave appeared.

"Rakata, you say?  On Tatooine."  Olrac thought for a moment, then smiled.  "Contact Kadenn, request that any available members of Beskar rendezvous on Tatooine.  Then continue to watch Dutch.  If he does not set out for Tatooine within the week, kill him.  I will meet the taskforce there, it's high time I felt blood on my hands once more."

The image nodded.  "I am an extension of your will, Master."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:06:44 PM EDT by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 10:32:03 PM EDT »

Dutch and Agnost walked slowly out of the Jedi archive storage and into the Selonian spaceport.  A little too loudly for two people walking closely together, Dutch said to Agnost, "You need to go directly to Tatooine.  You have already surveyed the Czerka plant and are familiar with the location of the Rakata machinery.  You must prepare a welcome for our Lord Olrac.  I have delayed informing Lord Olrac of our progress long enough.  I go to him on Corellia to file my report.  You must not allow the artifact to fall into republic hands".

The two turned to each other, looking each other squarely in the eyes.  In very quiet voice and using the force to distort the area around them, Dutch continued.  "You are stronger than I in the force.  I have misjudged how powerful Cymstar has become.  I have misjudged the number of powerful associates he has drawn to him.  Yet, my strategy unfolds as I believed it would and the forces of the republic grow stronger.  You have a streak of ruthlessness in you, but you are loyal.  Do what you must do to survive and ensure that House Crystal is restored to its former glory.  If I do not survive my report to Lord Olrac, then you must lead the family.  Trust the force to guide you, it is a powerful ally."

"I will, father.  You have chosen a difficult course.  The pieces are in motion, we must each make certain that our courage does not fail us now."

The two grasped each other's forearms firmly and held a look.  Then they parted.  Dutch ran a little calming drill on his emotions.  Then he turned to the dock where his ship was berthed.  Off to Lord Olrac it was, then.

CymStar

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 02:42:40 PM EDT »

When Dutch arrived on Corellia, it was with a fair amount of anxiety he left the spaceport and headed to Lord Olrac's operations center.  As Agnost had said, the board was set and the pieces were in motion.  Reflecting on his choices, Dutch was again irritated at himself for not considering that Olrac's spies would be everywhere and would likely have already communicated to Olrac the existence of the artifact, its location on Tatooine and Dutch's private mission to secure it.  In fact, it was very likely that by this time Olrac knew more about the artifact than did Dutch.

Well, no remedy for that now.  Dutch spent the speeder ride to the Ops center considering how he would portray his search for the artifact and the methods  used to Olrac.  Dutch arrived at Operations and strode confidently towards Olrac's office.  He moved to the admin officer at the reception desk.

"I am here to see Lord Olrac and deliver news to him."

A flash of worry crossed the admin's face.  "I...I..I'm sorry my lord," the admin began.  "Lord Olrac has taken his ship to Tatooine.  I am to understand that he was to take command of an important archeological expedition there.  In the Dune Sea, I believe."

Dutch just glared at the admin officer.  He had been right,  Olrac had gotten wind of the artifact.  Dutch thanked the officer for the information, gave instruction to leave word with Olrac that Dutch was available upon Olrac's return, and headed for the front doors.  Nothing to be done now except to wait for Olrac's return.

==========================================================

Agnost had scouted the Czerka facility previously.  When examining the machinery the Infinite Empire had left behind, he had accidentally discovered the location of the artifact.  Not wanting to alert any others to its presence, he had used the force to erase any disturbances in the settled dust and had returned to meet Dutch prior to confronting Cymstar.

Now, he moved swiftly to the location where he had originally discovered the artifact.  With forces in motion he needed to acquire the artifact now and move it to a safer location, perhaps even turn it over to Olrac.  Dutch was a consummate strategist, but the key to restoring Alderaan was Dutch returning alive.  Better to surrender the artifact and salvage Dutch alive than to have the master strategist of Alderaan destroyed by an anger Sith overlord.

He arrived at the site of the machinery and went to the storage location.  No!  The dust was disturbed in a chaotic fashion.  There had been no subtlety or finesse in the ripping away of machinery parts and pieces.  Debris was scattered everywhere, Agnost knelt down to peer inside the wall cavity.  Blast!  It was as he had thought upon first seeing the disturbed area.  The artifact was gone!.  He forced he anxiety down, gained control of his fears and began to channel his rising anger.  Who had gotten the artifact?  Sith, Republic?  Had some stupid miner stumbled across it and taken it as salvage, with absolutely no idea of its value or power?  That would be truly dangerous.

Agnost now cast a measured, cold and calculating pair of eyes around the broader area.  Nothing could be left unexamined if he was to find some clue as to who might possess the artifact now.  A glint caught his eye.  He walked over to the object and kneeled.  A coin?  Amulet?  Ahh!  A lapel device.  Agnost picked it up with his thumb and forefinger.  He looked at the design's unfamiliar shape when the connection came to him.  It was an image of Dr. Oogurobb.  Makeb!  Whomever had collected the artifact was some remaining remnant or had some attachment to the great Hutt inventor's legacy.

Agnost pocketed the lapel device, exited the Czerka site and sped towards outpost Zaroshe.  Once there, he could get a message to Olrac or to Dutch, or possibly, both.  Thoughts were swirling through Agnost's mind when he cleared the last rise before and Zaroshe and was greeted with...carnage.  Everywhere bodies of fallen Sith and Imperial troops were scattered across the hot sands.  Intermingled with the Imperial bodies were an equally large number of fallen republic and Jedi.  "This battle must've been...", the scene in front of him caused him to struggle to find an appropriate word to describe the devastation. "...massive", was the only thought which surfaced.

Agnost slowly piloted his speeder through the gates of Outpost Zaroshe.  Without warning, a powerful force user snapped Agnost off the speeder and through him to the ground.  Agnost's anger boiled within him, he would make someone pay for this insult.  He struggled to place his feet underneath him and rise, but the force-user was very strong indeed, and the pressure on Agnost's shoulders remained.  Agnost raised his head and saw a familiar set of boots approaching.  Olrac! here?  What in the the Twin Suns of Tatooine was going on?  The boots stopped an arms length from Agnost's face.

"I mean to know, my good Agnost, what would cause the Republic to attempt an assault on this Imperial outpost?" Olrac began.

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 01:08:08 PM EDT »

Ceid related to Lady Ankoun the events of the past few weeks and she listented intently.

"I see." That was all she said as she pressed the fingertips of each hand together. Her eyes squinted and went into deep thought. No one disturbed her.

After a few minutes, she keyed her com. "Noura, relate all files marked C17 from the Zen's databanks to my optical implant."

"Yes Ma'am." One of Kirza's crew answered, and did as she was told.

Soon, Kirza shifted in her seat and leaned on the left chair arm, she laid her head on her palm, to relax, but also to close her left eye as data began to scroll down her right eye's field of vision. No one realized what was happening. She simply appeared to be staring at the table.

After another few minutes, Kirza spoke. "It's as I thought... This can't be good."

"What do you mean?" Ceid asked.

"Well... Information regarding the Gree and Rakata is scarce at best. But our researchers and archaeologists have researched a greater power some 20 years ago."

"A greater power?" Naoko asked with a surprised tone? "What could be greater than the Rakata?"

"My dear, take it as a rules, no matter how strong you think someone is, there is always someone stronger." She said as she smiled.

"I don't understand." Assad commented.

"No surprise there!" Hemza joked, and Assad punched him in the shoulder as a responce.

"Have you ever thought about the Corellian System's Planetary bodies' diversity?" Kirza asked Ceid.

"I can't say that I have." He answered back.

"The five brothers do not match. I mean at a subatomic level, their mineral levels, their atmospheric ratios, all different." Kirza explained.

"Yea, due to their difference in size and their varying distance from the sun." Hemza responded.

"No, that's not all there is to it. In most naturally formed systems, despite their differences, there is still similarities among them on many different levels. And if there were differences, it would be in sections where meteors commonly impact, introducing foreign materials and bacteria to the system. The five brothers are completely different from each other at the subatomic level. Many systems are like this in the Galaxy. The interesting part is, all of them are either inhabited or were at some point. Which led our researchers to assume... these systems was artificially created."

"What! That's crazy!" Assad objected.

"Perhaps, but indulge me for a second. The Rakata and Gree are powerful. But they do not have to power to move planets. If a power in this galaxy existed with the ability to do this, then they would be Superior to the Rakata and Gree. And as history keeps teaching us, the powerful always enslave the weak." She took a deep breath. "Point is, what you've described doesn't sound Rakata, nor Gree. If it isn't either one of them, could be an artifact of the greater power?" She asked an arbitrary question, and everyone simply exchanged confused and doubtfull looks.

"I would like to examine this artifact. Do you have controll over it yet?" Kirza asked.

"We are working on it. Master Crystal Strider is leading an operation in charge of recovering it. I trust him, I believe we'll have it soon." Ceid answered. No sooner did Ceid finish his sentence when Guns interupted.

"Master Ankoun! Scanners show a massive battle on tatooine's surface. Transferring telemetry to the Conference room holo." Guns warned and soon the images began showing carnage before everyone's eyes.

Ceid suddenly stood with fire in his eyes. "Battle stations, Hamza, Assad, get your gear. Naoko, prep the shuttle. Guns, Bring the ship to low orbit and prepare for air to ground strikes." He finished and headed for the door and everyone around him except Kirza stood to get ready. But suddenly the ship's power systems failed as emergency lighting come online and it shook violently knocking everyone to the ground.

"Whats going on!!" Ceid yelled over the Com.

"Sir! A ship came out of hyperspace. It fired... some sort of energy beem at Lady Ankoun's Ship, the Zen. Completely disabled it. We were hit with the same weapon, all systems are down."

"GREAT!" Naoko yelled in anger.

"It gets worse. The enemy ship launched an towing cable at our hull and jumped to hyperspace. We are being dragged throught open space!" Guns reported with a loud, stressed tone as he fought to regain control of the ship.

Everyone in the conference room exchanged confused looks as klaxon sirens burst to life, and red emergency lights washed over their faces...

CymStar

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 07:53:51 AM EDT »

Circumstances had changed so very fast.  The Battle of Thorazon had been an unmitigated disaster.  The raid on Zaroshe had been effectively repelled and the counterattack on Thorazon had been devastating.  Both sides suffered great loss and still neither had possession of the artifact.  For Cymstar, it was a questioning and disillusioning time.

First, there was the fact of the battle itself.  Cymstar had felt certain that the Force was directing his steps to the Czerka factory on Tatooine.  The Force had lead him to rediscover his father.  But now, seeing the results, Cymstar wrestled with disappointment, bitterness, doubt.  His strong friend, Master Ceid, was had not made it to Tatooine.  The good news was that Cymstar could be certain Ceid had avoided injury or death at Thorazon.  The bad news was that Cymstar was without Ceid's calming influence as he wrestled with dark emotions.

Second, there was the report to the TCL council.  That had not gone well.  With emotions running high after the successful, but costly defense of Thorazon, council members tempers were running hot.  There had been a movement to court-martial Cymstar, because he had withheld information concerning his father Deutschekastel and brother Agnost, both of whom served Olrac.  Fortunately, Da'sha Belos stepped in and offered balance to the discussion.  Strong, loyal Da'sha.  She didn't always speak out, but when she did, the council members respected her opinion.  In the end, the council denied the petition of court-martial, but the emotional toll on Cymstar pulled him harder towards the darkness.

It was here that Cymstar most missed Ceid's advice.  Ceid, who had more than passing familiarity with the battle against the dark side, often was able to re-direct Cymstar's dark thoughts and help Cymstar regain perspective.

But in the council meeting, it ended up being the leadership of Jevarikk Ta'Karn which placed the TCL back on a positive course.  Jevarikk had observed that the Gray Secant had return to Ilum.  Perhaps it had been the force which orchestrated the re-appearance of the Gree ship at exactly this time.  Energy returned to the council.  The following night, Jeva proposed a large scale operation to Ilum to the larger league body, asking for volunteers.  The League seemed pleased with the direction Jeva offered and plans were placed in motion, times and places set.

If there was any consolation in recent events, it was the knowledge that at least the Imperials did not have the artifact either...

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:25 PM EDT »

Three days passed since the Abduction of Ceid's ship. For three days, their databanks were probed and searched from a distance, for three days, the crew worked to brake free, and they were about to succeed.

Ceid stood on the bridge with Lieutenant Raygens, known as Guns. "Report Guns." He said.

"Sir, our counterintelligence systems are inferior to the Shadow, but..." Guns started.

"Shadow?" Ceid interupted.

"It's.. what I'm calling our attackers Sir, seems appropriate." Guns explained and Ceid nodded. "but we were able to get some information. The shadow is of Gree Design Sir."

"Gree?" Ceid asked. "That's strange, why would the gree abduct us? They have an understanding with the republic." Ceid wondered.

"You should be asking, what do we have that they want." Kirza answered as she entered the bridge.

"Lady Ankoun." Ceid said formally as he cut her off. "You should not be here. It's not safe. Please go back to your quarters, it is the most shielded area of the ship. It's safer for you."

"Child I've seen more action than you will in a life time, I am used to danger." She rebutled.

Ceid moved closer and spoke again. "Lady Ankoun, I must insist." Ceid said with impressive resolve. All the usual deference showed to his Aunt changed into an order from a commander to a passenger.

She remained silent for a few seconds as she looked into his eyes, then smiled. "So much like your father... Strong under pressure." She said as she touched his face gently. "Alright, but let me tell you this, there is nothing we have that could be of intrest to the Gree, except information."

"The Artifact reports?" Ceid asked.

"Precisely. They have been scanning us for a while now, they are looking for something. Assad did a good job of misleading their scanners towards redundant files, but they soon will find what they want, we have to leave now."

"We will, we are almost ready. When your safe in your quarters, brace for impact. I know your more than capable, but your the closest thing we have for a mother now. If something happened to you, no one would be able to forgive themselves." Ceid said, and Lady Ankoun smiled, nodded and walked away.

"Guns, is the feedback surge ready?" Ceid asked his pilot as he turned towards the view screen.

"Yes Sir, we've been charging secondary capacitors for two day, we now have enough power to send back along their durasteel cable and distroy their launching arm." Guns looked up at Ceid. "It's pay back time Sir."

Ceid smiled and put his hand on this pilot's shoulder. "Alright. But we're no match for them in a fight, so when we break free, jump to FTL instantly. I'd rather not fight a losing battle without support." Ceid instructed.

"Yes Sir."

"All hands, we are about to deploy the surge, everyone brace for impact and subsequent FTL jump." Ceid spoke into the ship intercom. "Alright old friend. Hit it."

Lieutenant Raygens tapped a few commands into this consol, and a few seconds after, a massive bolt of energy emanated from Ceid's ship and followed a path of minimum resistance along the towing cable and all the way to the Gree Supership. In any other time, their shields would block such simple attacks. But the mysterious commanders of the enemy vessel believed their pray were helpless after they disabled their propulsion and weapons, and believed it unnecessary to put up their shields. The surge hit the point of origin of the cable and with a small muffled explosion, the cable came loose and Guns instantly took the ship to FTL speed and away from their attacker as he yelled. "Wooooooyaahhh!"

Ceid smiled as they broke free. "Well done." He said to Raygens.

"It's what I do best!" joked playfully as he put both his palms behind his head and leaned back in his chair.

A beep came from the console and Guns checked it out. "Sir, you have priority messages from the League." He reported.

Ceid sat in his command chair and began to read reports. His face showed a slight hit of sadness when he read the casualty reports resulting from the Thorazon battle. Then it showed anger when he read the move to Court-Martial his Deputy in his absence.

"To hell with this!" Ceid then recorded a message to the Council. 'Every action taken by Master Cymstar CrystalStrider was at my orders. Any concerns or issues you have regarding this, take them up with me and no one else, and I would appreciate it if you didn't condemn my best man in my absence again! A full report will follow at the end of the crisis. I take full responsibility. Ankoun Out!' Ceid finished and set the message to be sent as soon as they were with in holo range of Corellia. Of course most of it was half truths. Cymstar was not acting on Ceid's implicit orders, but he did have Ceid's confidence, and often took matters into his own hands and produced impressive results. Ceid took responsibility because he had the respect of his colleagues on the councils and a founding member of the council himself. They wouldn't do anything to him other than a review. And a vote of no confidence was impossible since most of the council were close friends.

Ceid sighed and he rested his chin on his fist as he sat in his chair. "Set a Course to the Orbit of Ilum Guns."

"Yes Sir."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:11 AM EDT »

Judas read the intercepted communique from Ceid and grinned.  "Well, can't have that getting back  just yet," he muttered before blocking and erasing the message.  Judas wanted the Duke, the source of the ongoing mess,  out in the open.  And what better way than to have his son in the hot seat.

Eleina had managed to cause a war, or at least she was taking credit, but she failed to retrieve the artifact and only barely managed to escape before Olrac arived.  Carliste's investigation had turned up a possible Rakata link, but nothing definite.  Teewa's second investigation of the Endar Spire had turned up nothing.  Judas couldn't remember the last time an operation had yielded so little intel.

One gem had materialized by accident though.  Jacson had discovered that Kandoo's contact, Dutch, was an alias.  And the man behind the alias was of great interest to Judas.

All these thoughts shot through Judas' head as he sat in a private suite on Nar Shaddaa.  "Sorry Cymstar," he said to himself, "Sometimes you have to sacrifice some pieces."

"What was that?" asked the Chiss sitting across from him.  Judas glanced across the dejarik table at his opponent and slid his datapad back into his satchel.

"Hmm?  Oh, it was nothing Sandos.  Just thinking about how much crime is like dejarik sometimes."  He keyed a move into the table and the pieces moved accordingly, then he looked up.

"Your move."

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 09:54:06 PM EDT »

"You are, of course, free to go," Olrac had said.  Right.  At the moment, none of the muscles in Agnost's body were paying any attention to the directions being given them by Agnost's brain.  Being knocked from his speeder entering Zaroshe was one thing.  A full-on interrogation by one of the best in the business was much worse.  In fact, Agnost could not remember any day in his lifetime which had been worse.

Of course, there had been little hope of concealing from the powerful Sith lord the details of the realtionship between Dutch and Cymstar, their meetings, or purpose.  Olrac's spies had most of the details anyways, and further resistance would have led to much greater agony with no real value of keeping information secret.  By time Agnost could get his body and mind both back in working order, Olrac would already have sought out Dutch.  No need to warn Dutch, he would already suspect that the information was in Olrac's hands.

Agnost stared intently at his hand.  Slowly it evolved from a lifeless mass, to a twitching appendage, to finally moving in the general direction of the wall railing.  He placed his hand on the rail, but it took several more minutes before he could get the hand to actually close on the metal.  More minutes before he could talk his body into being pulled into an upright position by his hand and arm.

As he sat up and leaned heavily against the wall, a small but significant insight helped the facial muscles work  into a smile.  The only piece of unique information which Agnost still possessed was the one which had been discovered during the battle - that someone pursuing the artifact had left behind a lapel pin with the image of Dr. Oogurobb.  Once he was able to get his body back under his own willpower and control, he would need to pursue that lead next.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 22 queries.