The Corellian League Member Forums

• July 22, 2017, 02:38:29 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jen & Berry's has come out with a Special Edition Ice Cream for this years "May the 4th" holiday.  Bantha Poodo! Click here to see more!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [LSES] The Lost Secret of the Endar Spire (Open RP)  (Read 10379 times)

CymStar

[LSES] The Lost Secret of the Endar Spire (Open RP)
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:26:01 PM EST »

OOC Discussion thread

It had been a long time since Kandoo had last been on Tatooine.  So much had changed since his last visit.  As he took another pull on the cool, non-alcoholic beverage in front of him, he wondered whether there would be any value to traveling back to the family moisture farm out on the Eternal Desiccant.  Kandoo hadn
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:49:37 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

Re: [LSES] The Lost Secret of the Endar Spire (Open RP)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:56:29 PM EST »

It took a while for Kandoo to compose himself and get up off the floor. 
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:56:58 PM EST »

Cymstar saw he had a message when he returned to his ship.  He listened carefully to the information Kandoo left and wondered whether such a thing could be true.  In some ways, Cymstar had been hoping for this day.  Yet, in other ways, he was hoping to never have to face this day.  Since the Imperial invasion of Alderaan, his destiny had been changed.  His family had been separated, the wealth of House Crystal plundered, the estate properties, cultural antiquities, family heirlooms and priceless artwork all stolen by the invading forces or confiscated by the political infighting of Alderann

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 04:45:51 AM EDT »

"Gree?" Said Ceid over the holo with Cymstar. "...Facinating!"

Ceid paced back and forth as he considered what was reported. The histories of the Jedi are clear. They knew exactly why Master Bastilla Shan went to Darth Reven's Ship, and they knew exactly why Malak turned against his master and subsequently, hunted Bastila. But thought of the Jedi histories being distorted or at least incomplete... made him smile as curiosity flodded every part of his being.

Ceid looked to Cymstar. "Your Dutch could be wrong. Everyone knows that Malak wanted Bastila dead due to her powerful battle meditation. He feared that she would turn the tide of the war, and that is exactly what happened. But then again... My Master taught me a long time ago that when it comes to history and official records, Doubt everything." Ceid Smiled as he finished "This calls for an expedition! Come back to HQ my friend, we have an operation to plan."

No sooner did the connection with Master Cymstar end when Ceid sent the report to the council, informing his fellow councilors of the mission he is authorizing to Taris. And after, he sent a personal message to Judas Creek. "I will need you securing our expedition to Taris. Sure, knowledge is its own reward and all that, but if it is true, if the ancient record of Malak and Bastila is wrong and there really is Gree tech involved, there is no way we are letting it go into any hands that is not Corellian."

Finally, He made a General Call to League operatives, informing them that volunteers are needed for the Expedition and that he expects Confirmation of their participation.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:11:45 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

CymStar

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:45:04 PM EDT »

"My Master taught me a long time ago that when it comes to history and official records, Doubt everything." Ceid Smiled as he finished "This calls for an expedition! Come back to HQ my friend, we have an operation to plan."

Cymstar closed off the connection with Master Ceid.  He spoke briefly with his crew to get the ship ready for travel to TCL HQ.  He threw together a travel bag and went to meet the ship.  Once underway, Cymstar called Kandoo, informing him of the conversation Cymstar had had with the Corellian League and asking Kandoo to perform some reconnaissance work on Taris.

Kandoo agreed that he would move to Taris and start assembling information.  "So the League thinks this is real?", Kandoo asked.

"No, I'm not saying that.  In fact, there is a fair amount of skepticism.  The problem is exactly what Dutch relayed to you.  If it is real, we cannot afford to have such Technology fall into Imperial hands.  And until we know, we have to get there first and watch.  These records are 300 years old.  Could there have been some records lost during that time?  Especially with the attack on Corusant, I think that there is a chance of that.  More critically, if the Republic military were transporting powerful technology, would they have recorded it anywhere?"

Kandoo nodded.  "You're right. If there really was a revolutionary tech on the ship, the military would have tried to keep it quiet.  I'll pack my bags and head to Taris for a look see."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:41:33 PM EDT »

Carliste returned to the Corusca, his private starship, tired bruised and dirty.  The Houk he had just finished thrashing was worse off, but pain was pain.  At least the credits from the Hutt Cartel made it worth it.  Not for the first time was Carliste glad of the independence that went with SpecForce, it meant he could fight in Nar Shaddaa fight circles without a courtmartial.

Sleep was not his, though.  His holocommunicator was flashing, and an image of the kid popped up.  Carliste frowned at the message.  Gree?  What did they have to do with the crash?  Carliste hated Taris with a passion, but this sounded important.  "Should have vaped him when his back was turned, kid," he muttered and headed for the cockpit.  He'd grab some sleep in transit.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 05:51:17 PM EDT »

A smuggler with a facemask sat across the Cantina from Dutch and his companion.  He appeared to ignore them, but the bug near their table relayed every word.  After both departed, the smuggler sat thinking.  Gree.  Interesting.  And Dutch didn't think to share with the rest of us.  Well, we'll see what Lord Olrac thinks of that.

Standing up, Sandos moved to the refresher, then vanished and headed for the Spaceport.

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 11:21:24 PM EDT »

Dutch knew that he was playing a very dangerous game.  The Empire was not known for forgiveness and for Dutch to be working a side intrigue without informing his superiors was very risky indeed.  Working with the Empire had been difficult for the former Lord of House Crystal.  His wife and children separated from him by the Empire's attack on Alderaan, his body broken and dying on his estate, Dutch had seen first hand the face of Alderaan's enemy.  Now the houses of Alderaan were divided; in-fighting and political intrigue the order of the day when they should be uniting to throw the invaders off the planet altogether and return to ruling themselves.  Organa had been right on one count - the republic would have been a better alliance.  The houses should have committed themselves sooner.  Now the delay in allying with the republic had cost them all their homes and families.

For this reason, Dutch had joined found a doctor who could repair his injuries.  The cybernetics were strange in the beginning, but now operated as an extension of himself.  Unfortunately, his survival had attracted the attention of a Sith Lord who was shocked that Dutch had survived at all.  Upon investigating the force of will which had kept Dutch alive, the Sith Lord was surprised to find that Dutch was force sensitive.  When Dutch had begun to recover, the Sith Lord inquired about his name and status.

Dutch provided a false name.  There was no good reason to alert this enemy that he was formerly Lord of House Crystal.  As Dutch recovered, the two developed a working friendship and the Sith Lord sponsored Dutch's training on Korriban.  That was where the goals of the two individuals parted.  While the Sith Lord looked to have another tool at his disposal, Dutch looked to learn all that he could of Sith methods, strategies, tactics, culture.  he would use that knowledge to attack the republic at every turn.

The republic had been too weak to save Alderaan, but if they could be pushed by a relentless Sith advance, the republic would grow stronger.  Then, from strength the republic could push these invaders back from the core worlds.  Then, Dutch could reclaim his lands and title, reunite his family and hope to find some remnant of peace and tranquility.

Now, it had come down to whether Dutch's instincts would be proven right.  The boy he saved that day on Tatooine had a pure heart.  Kandoo had grown much more powerful since Dutch had swept of the broken pieces of the boy in the Anchorhead alley and taken him to the same doctor who had repaired Dutch after the attack on Alderaan.  Could the boy find this rumored Gree technology and do it quietly?

Meanhwhile, Dutch would have to be very careful.  Regardless of how careful he had been in selecting the time and meeting place, the Sith were also attuned to the force.  It was a fool's hope that all could be accomplished without discovery.  And when things came to light, was there anyone on either side who Dutch would be able to count on as a friend.  With jaw set and lips pressed tightly together in resolve, Dutch thought that finding friends would be highly unlikely.

CymStar

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 12:06:05 AM EDT »

Kandoo has gotten to Taris and it was no better than when he left it.  The stink rose on the humid afternoon heat.  Good gravy, he hated this planet.  

After checking into the mess hall for a bite to eat, Kandoo unloaded his speeder from the ship and made his way out to the Endar Spire.  He used his ocular implants to record the surrounding area and headed back to Olaris.  Once back on board his ship, he downloaded the recording and spent the afternoon and evening studying the details.  Going back at night was tricky enough without surprises.  When he felt he had the exterior layout in his mind, he retired to his quarters for some short shut-eye.

He woke back up at around 0300 local time and suited up.  He left the speeder on board as he would travel much more quietly without it.  Kandoo arrived at the wreck without incidence and moved silently inside.  Scavengers, like regular folks, liked daylight working hours.  Most of the hallways were deserted and allowed Kandoo free movement.  The bigger problem was that he really had no idea what he was looking for.

Eventually, he found himself in a more open area. "This must've been some kind of reporting area, or analysis area", he murmured to himself.  "Too deep in the ship to be navigation and the setup isn't right."
He moved to the first computer station. "hmm, this thing is still powered up. How weird is that?"  Kandoo looked for a plug in, but the computer was over 300 years old.  Probably used different interfaces back then.

He moved in the low lighting to another computer bank.  "This'll take some work.  Doesn't look like is has any power at all", Kandoo thought.  He looked for a power-on switch, but the low lighting worked against him and he was not yet bold enough to thrown on a flashlight.  As he was crawling around the side of the terminal, his hand ran across a datapad.  "Hmm, I don't recognize this unit", he thought to himself.  He pocketed the pad and decided it was enough for now.  Silently he picked his way back through the ship and heading back to Olaris.

Once on board his own ship, he pulled out the datapad and started working with it.  After careful inspection, he found a power unit compartment in the back of the datapad.  He opened it and began working with his tools to removed the decayed battery from the compartment.  he pointed his flashlight into the compartment and used other tooling to try and clean up the terminal pads.  Lastly, he went to the ship's storage locker and pulled out a battery which looked similar.  he placed the battery in the compartment, flicked on the switch and was shocked that the data pad started running through its boot up routine.

"I would have thought the humidity here would have ruined the electronics on this, but I'm glad that at least batteries have remained standard for the last 300 years", he chuckled to himself.  Then it was time for disappointment.  The screen came up with the title Gree Ascendancy Report.  Then there was a challenge question in a language with which Kandoo was unfamiliar.  He set everything aside and hit his bunk.  Time enough to look at this in the morning.

The following morning, Kandoo put in a holocall to General Garza.  "Ma'am, do we have anyone in the area of Taris who might be familiar with something called the Ascendancy?"

Garza thought for just a moment.   "Usually, I hear that term in connection with the Chiss Ascendancy.  Have you run across something?"

Kandoo almost kicked himself.  It would not do to get too much information out there before he had his facts.  Garza was no dummy and perhaps Kandoo had been too impulsive in calling her.  He was trying to think through how to present it when events turned in his favor.

"We actually have a new arrival to Taris who might be able to help.  Her name is Knac'ymr'uthra and she is from the Chiss Expeditionary Force on assignment to the republic. I have assigned her to another SpecOps unit.  I am sending you her contact information now.  Get in touch with her and see if she can assist you.  I don't need to remind you to keep me informed if you turn up anything of value - large or small", Garza concluded.

"Understood, Ma'am.  Kandoo out."  Time to arrange to meet this Cymru at the mess hall and see if she could get into this datapad.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:26:27 AM EDT by CymStar »

CymStar

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:32:05 PM EDT »

"...and so, Lieutenant Creek, our recon sweep through the Endar Spire did not turn up anything we could concretely identify as Gree.  The team did turn up some data fragments which intel is processing and this second datapad.  Now the interesting thing about this datapad so far is this identification plate on the lower right side.  Czerka Corporation.  From my research, I discovered that they were a very active trading corporation during the time period of the Endar Spire's operation.  However, I don't recognize them with as broad a reach today.  Growing up on Tatooine, I had heard about a Czerka facility in the Dune Sea, but I never went out there...I was just a kid", concluded Kandoo.

"And you're not now?" replied a bemused Lt. Creek.  "What's the team report?"

The Chiss Knac'ymr'uthra leaned forward in her chair.  "The operational execution was flawless.  I was supported by the Gunslinger Nethrisa Ancalme.  Her prior experience with CorSec was invaluable to the OpsPlan.  Between Nethrisa and Major Grevess, we had more than sufficient firepower.  The resistance was surprisingly low - mostly scavengers picking up relic cast-offs from the Endar Spire.  The scoundrel Teewa was also part of the team.  She was invaluable with research concerning the Endar Spire attack and the inter-relationships between the principals of the Endar Spire's crash."

"The Chiss script was interesting.  It is an older variation on current Chiss, and really did not provide any specific details on the existence of Gree technology aboard the Endar Spire. It did support that the Chiss Expeditionary Forces were active in the Endar Spire time period.  This is consistent with my departure briefing prior to assignment to the Galactic Republic forces.  The writings were journal entries of an assigned Chiss who was working on data to support Chiss intelligence.  The Ascendancy has had interactions with forces outside this galaxy.  These interactions lead us to believe that there is something coming.  Whether 300 years or 3000, we do not know.  But it is a powerful enemy, with technology we have not been able to discern."

"Gree tech?" Creek asked.

"No sir.  Each of us have interacted with the Gree on some level.  This technology is very different.  We also have been able to get the second datapad running.  Intel is scouring the drives now to see if there are any recoverable pieces of data available to us.  That is all I have to report, sir", Cymru leaned back in her char and slid the report across the desk to Creek.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 10:46:17 AM EDT »

Carliste listened to the report, frowning.  The Republic all ready had enough enemies.  He flipped through the report, taking note of various items.  Nethrisa, former CorSec and a friend of Judas', though Carliste didn't have much to do with her.  Grevess, Mandalorian without a Clan and Republic SpecForce, he wasn't part of SpecWar though.  And Teewa, Judas' newest enforcer, though why she had been there he couldn't fathom.  That bothered him.  Carliste had arrived on Taris too late to aid the op, but it had gone well regardless, and that bothered him too.

"All right, kid, head for Tatooine and take the lady with you.  I'll have a strike team meet you there.  I need to talk to my cousin.  Dismissed."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...From the report, the tech definitely wasn't Gree.  I have a theory, but I'm fairly certain it's wrong."

Carliste's image looked over the assembled company on Judas' ship: Judas himself, Uncle Ruthor, Teewa, Eleina the disgraced Jedi, and a figure he couldn't quite make out.  Judas glanced at Teewa.

"Whatcha think, Vorpan?"

Teewa was a Mandalorian, though she almost never wore her armor.  Vorpan was the mando word for green, Judas' nickname for her.  "It wasn't Gree.  It looked a little like Exotech, but still familiar."

"And why were you there in the first place?" Carliste asked. "That was a SpecWar operation, so I'm just curious."

"I sent her, coz, and I have my reasons."

Carliste looked at Judas for a moment more.  "All right.  I'll be heading to Tatooine to back the kid up."

"No.  I've got another job for you." Judas had been studying the images of the op.  "Something here is familliar, I'm fairly sure I've seen this before.  I need you to go to Belsavis, I think that's where I saw it."

"Belsavis?  It's an ice planet, there's nothing there."

Judas grinned, though nobody saw it through the mask.  "Wrong.  It's a Republic prison.  I'll forge the authorization you need to land, get in and out, don't get caught."

Carliste chaffed at having to break the law again, but the criminal in him had never really died.  "You got it."

The connection broke and a big bounty hunter in black armor stepped forward.  "So who's covering Tatooine.  You don't trust the soldiers to handle it, do you?"

Judas eyed everybody in their turn.  "No, I don't.  That's why Eleina's going to back them up."

Even through the helmet, Judas could feel Jacson's angry glare.  "Like hell."

Eleina herself stepped forward and put a hand on her husband's arm.  "It's okay, Cyar'ika.  I may not be Jedi, but I'm still Echani.  I can handle it."

Jacson calmed down, but he was still angry with Judas.  Judas, however, ignored him.  "In the meantime, I want Teewa to head back to Taris.  I get the feeling something was missed.  Take a look around.  Be careful.

"Jacson, you're going to Voss.  You have friends among the Voss commandos and Gormak raiders.  Check with both, see if they recognize anything.

"Buir, can you head back to Dromund Kaas?  Some Sith are poking around the Empty Night, I don't want them to get too close."

The assembled nodded, some more willing than others, and dispersed.  Ruthor stayed behind.  "Do you know what you're doing, son?"

Judas pulled off his hat and gave his father a cocky grin.  "If I didn't, you'd never know it, da."

Ruthor looked at his son, cocky confident and even in the safety of his ship coiled like a spring.  "Just don't let that attitude get you in too deep, boy."

Judas dipped his head, and Ruthor headed for the exit.  It was going to be a long couple of weeks.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 05:16:37 PM EDT »

Ceid sat behind a desk in his office in the League
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:19:40 PM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

CymStar

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 10:16:32 PM EDT »

As Cymstar strolled though Anchorhead, he contemplated why he was even here.  He had heard no further word from the young Vanguard Kandoo and that troubled him.  At somewhat of a loss about how to contact Kandoo, Cymstar had spent time meditating in his chambers on board The Crystal House.  There had been no answers, no vision forthcoming.  Yet, there had been the persistently nagging thought of Tatooine.  With no other path presenting itself clearly, Cymstar and his crew had headed to Tatooine.  In some ways, it was a convenient time for the crew to take a break and take some well-deserved R&R.

Cymstar walked through the open-air market and stopped at several of the vendors looking over their wares and, in a couple of cases, haggling with the vendors over the prices. He was walking through a vendor area past the spaceport when his eyes caught a glimpse of something.  He moved closer to the table and looked over the items laid out in the flat viewing box.  His eyes swept the wares, trying to find the glint of that something which had triggered a memory.  Several long minutes of gazing over the wares produced nothing.  He sighed, turned and started to walk down the length of the table.  Absent-mindedly, Cymstar ran his hand over the surface of the wares as he walked along the table.  

As his hand was running down the wares, his blood suddenly ran very cold.  He stopped instantly and focused his attention on the place where his hand rested.  There, underneath his hand was the the item which must've triggered the memory.  It was just like his mother's necklace, with a white crystal amulet attached.  Fond memories flooded over Cymstar as he turned the amulet over in the tray.  It might be worth picking the trinket up for a keepsake.  Cymstar had heard no word of his family since the attack on Alderaan, some 16 years ago.  After the attack, Cymstar had returned to his family's estate to find it ransacked, vandalized and looted by local scavengers.  He had had to shed his given name and start life over as Cymstar.  The noble House Crystal was no more.  

Looking at the back of the amulet, Cymstar's blood went from cold to hot in one sentence.  The inscription read, "To my lovely wife, Amaryllis, forever the joy of my life.  Duke Undara, The Crystal House"  This was actually his mother's amulet. He strode quickly to the vendor's counter.  "Where did you buy this?", Cymstar demanded.

"I don't know, I buy many things, from many people.  How would I remember where I bought every piece?", the vendor replied.

"How much do you want for this piece?", Cymstar required.  His mind was racing, the stone in this amulet was purest diamond.  It must be about 5 agrats.  Cymstar's brain was speedily trying to run the calculations of agrat to credits when the vendor replied.

"For you, on this special day, I will sell to you for 25 credits."

Twenty-five credits, Cymstar thought.  This man must have no idea whatsoever concerning the value of this stone. "I will give you 50 credits, nothing more", Cymstar offered.

The vendor looked confused for a moment.  Wasn't it supposed to be that the vendor offered the high price and the buyer haggled the price down?  Quickly adapting to his good stroke of luck the vendor cleared his throat and responded, "yes, I think that will be sufficient."

Cymstar drew out the coin and handed them to the vendor, while securing the amulet.  His pulse was up with excitement and this new connection with his past.  Perhaps he would be able to recover the relics, artwork and antiquities if the vendors who know held them had no idea of their worth.  The idea quickly passed.  Surely some of the more priceless pieces went to auction houses and high-end dealers.  It was a pipe dream to think that they would all be close by and that Cymstar could take a weekend versus a lifetime to recover them all.  No, today the force had guided him here and he had found one connection to his family.  Now, he must return his attention to his mission.

Cymstar turned and started back towards the spaceport.  He could leave a message with Spaceport Control and they would pass to Kandoo when he arrived.  He would return to The Crystal House and reflect on this precious recovery.  When he had a moment he would contact McTavish, his brother, and share the good news.

He looked down the alley and for the second time felt a memory triggered.  There, crossing the end of the alley, was a man who reminded Cymstar of his father.  Cymstar picked up his pace, but his mind analyzing.  Things seemed out of place.  The man he had seen wore the battle suit of a Sith warrior.  Why would a Sith warrior risk coming to Anchorhead, which was still controlled by the Republic?  Cymstar picked up the pace and began to trot to the end of the alley.

He emerged from the alley and his force perception alerted him to great danger.  He leaped out into the street and just avoided being sliced into thirds but a dual-wielding Sith Lord.  As Cymstar landed gracefully on his feet, he drew his own lightsaber and got his first close look at the man he had been following.  Just as clear as truth could make it, Cymstar recognized his father.  His hair was greyer now, his throat protected by the lower portion of a fitted helmet, but it was his father.  The Sith Lord's force radiated a signal which was impossible to disguise.

"Father!", Cymstar spoke sternly, "lower your weapons, I mean you no harm."

"For one so strong in the force, I would have thought you to have better perception.  I am not any father of yours.  I am a Sith Lord, you may join me or die."

"I will not be party with the Sith.  Or have you forgotten how they came to our planet and reduced Aldera to rubbish?  Perhaps you have not been to the family estate and seen all the thieves and scavengers taking it apart brick by brick?  No, I will not join you today, nor will I die at your hand. It would be much more pleasant to go to the cantina for a caf and catch up on family news."

The Sith threw his lightsaber at Cymstar, who easily flipped out of the way. As Cymstar recovered his footing, the Sith force leaped at Cymstar while recalling the thrown lightsaber to his hand.  Just as he was about to reach striking distance, Cymstar responded with a force wave, sending the Sith Lord flying down the street and into a nearby stone wall.  The street was emptying with great speed and bystanders were running for cover in the panicked manner of people running away from harm or protecting themselves or their family.

As the Sith Lord snapped back to his feet, Cymstar applied a force stun to immobilize his opponent.  Cymstar walked towards the Sith Lord and chastised him.  "This is foolishness.  Your force sense radiates who you are and the light side eminates from you.  Why spent time on this silly charade?", Cymstar demanded.

A thought reached across the distance to Cymstar, "not here, we can talk later".  Cymstar was surprised by the thought and equally surprised as the Sith Lord drove the lightsaber blade between the collarbone and shoulder joint of his left upper chest.  Pain welled up inside Cymstar; he fought the pain forcing his mind to calm.  The Sith Lord did not bother to withdraw the blade, but blew Cymstar off the end of it with a force throw.  Cymstar landed heavily in the Anchorhead dust.  He recovered his feet and moved his lightsaber to a defensive en guarde position.

"You were always such an idealist", the Sith Lord said.  "never able to stay focused until the task was done".  Warily, each of them circled the other in the middle of the street.  "unfortunately for me, but beneficial to you is the fact that my opportunity to conduct business quietly in this location has now escaped.  Therefore, I must leave you.  When we meet again, I will finish what you have started".

Suddenly, Cymstar's force sense flared again and he turned to deflect two blaster bolts coming his way from a rooftop shooter. He turned rapidly to face the Sith Lord and found him gone.  Cymstar forced down the pain from the searing wound he had received and started back to the ship.

On board The Crystal House, after the medic had seen to Cymstar's wound and the appropriate security reports had been filed, Cymstar wrestled through the events of the day.  The lightsaber strike was purposefully not a killing blow.  The Sith Lord would only have had to strike slightly lower and the blade would have gone straight through Cymstar's heart.  His opponent had been too skilled for a mistake, so the blow had been precise.  Yet, the Sith Lord maintained that he was not Cymstar's father.  Cymstar wanted that part to be true, but inside he knew it was a false hope.

Cymstar distractedly turned over the amulet to read the inscription again.  Duke Undara, The Crystal House...D.U.T.C.H.  It appeared that Cymstar had found Kandoo's contact.  Cymstar opened a holochannel to Master Ceid Ankoun.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:21:56 PM EDT by CymStar »

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 10:55:49 AM EDT »

"Master Ankoun, We are in orbit of Tatooine." Said a male voice over the Com.

"Thank you Guns." Ceid replied from his quarters aboard his personal ship, The Atiniir. "And would you drop the Master? I've known you for years!"

"Not while on Duty Master Ankoun." Lieutenant Kisirwan Raygins responded.

Ceid smiled "Understood Lieutenant."

As Ceid stood and headed for the door, Raygins contacted him again. "Master Ankoun, a transmission from orbit."

"Local authorities?"

"No Sir, Master CrystalStryder." Answered Guns.

"Patch him through." Ceid said and hurried to the Holo Transmitter in the center of his ship.

"Master CymStar, go ahead."

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:14:15 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

CymStar

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 12:38:25 PM EDT »

When Cymstar saw the holo-image of Master Ceid, he templed his hands together and offered a bow in greeting.

"Good to see you out and about, Ceid", Cymstar opened. "I have much to share with you."

Cymstar related how the nagging of the force had lead him to Tatooine and the sudden discoveries of both Crystal House's valuables and its nobility.  He related the details of the brief fight in the streets of Anchorhead.  Lastly, Cymstar related the insight and linkage between the amulet of his mother's and the name chosen by Kandoo's Sith contact.

"You're certain it was your father?", Ceid asked. 

"As certain as I can be", Cymstar replied.  "His presence in the force was clear to me."

"He did not act in a very fatherly way", Ceid probed.

"I agree.  It is not the behavior I would've expected from my father, but I haven't seen or heard from him in the last 16 years.  Another troubling thing which I have not resolved yet - he emanated a strong light-side force presence.  I would have been expecting a more dark and sinister sense.  Neither can I make out why he would be engaging a Republic soldier or have knowledge of Gree technology on a shipwreck 300 years old.  Hence, my call to you.  I know that the League, and your own family have substantial intelligence and research resources at their disposal.  Do we have anyone who has done prior research on the Endar Spire or Gree technology, or Gree presence in the galaxy, who could give us any insight into this mystery?"

"You pose an interesting question, one which should have been asked from the beginning."
Ceid pondered his next words. "The League has the best and brightest in the Republic, but our skill sets rarely include history and archeology... But I think I know someone who does." Ceid decided to ask someone close yet far far from him. A person who might be the closest thing for a mother he could think of. A shiver took over him for a second. His relationship with her was strained to say the least. "I will contact them right away. I will remain in orbit, should you need any support, you know where to find me."

Cymstar nodded. "By the way Cym, usually people would say that you're lucky to be alive; but I doubt you were truly in danger. Sure, your meeting with your father didn't seem like the warmest reunion ever, but he kept you alive. You said you sense the light from him, he could have killed you but chose to inflict only a flesh wound, he told you you can't talk here. This doesn't seem something a Sith would do. I think he is not beyond saving. The next time you see him, stay collected, and guard your thoughts. But most importantly, do not deal with absolutes, be flexible and try to understand him. Only Sith deal with absolutes."

Cymstar nodded again, and after a brief pause he continued, "I go to meet the republic soldier, Kandoo.  Based on my father's comment that he seeks to avoid detection, I do not feel we will find him in Anchorhead.  I cannot say if he will have left Tatooine.  Be well, my friend."  Cymstar closed off the channel and reviewed the recent events in his mind.  Like the Malastare Madness puzzle, this had many pieces and all of them moving independently.  Cymstar felt that the force would align the factors in play in its own time.  He had to remain patient until things were more obvious.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:01:07 PM EDT by CymStar »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 20 queries.