The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:49:35 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is that old blaster not punching holes in armor like it should? Visit KrypTec Armory for an upgrade! Tell them, "Kell sent me", and all of your wildest dreams will come true.

Linked Events

• The Grand Races - The Buzz: November 23, 2012 - November 15, 2012
  • The Grand Races - The Sands: December 28, 2012 - December 22, 2012
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Grand Races Discussion Thread  (Read 5767 times)

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
The Grand Races Discussion Thread
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:22:17 PM EST »

Please use this thread to discuss the Grand Races RP campaign OOC. Feel free to leave any comments, suggestions and general feedback.

This will be a test run for the first of many. If things go well, we'll have many more.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:45:45 AM EST by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Naenlor

• X-Patriots
  • I will protect the Republic, by any means.
Re: The Grand Races Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:37 AM EST »

I would like to have more information about this. What is the main idea behind this? Is it going to be a in-game event or just a forum rp?
opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul

tcl_jedcred

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:56:07 PM EST »

Sorry, been working behind the scenes on this with getting a course up and running. Final info on this will be on the 17th.

This will be both my friend. An ingame event, with an RP thread on the forums if you wish to explain in RP how you received the call and why you are participating. It is not mandatory, but a fun addition.

The event is the first in a series. Each subsequent event will have an increase in course difficulty and higher level mobs to knock you off your speeder on endgame planets.

This will be a Racing rally. Everyone on level one speeders. Everyone has to follow a predermined course being set up by thycus, with Lore Keepers at every checkpoint that you have to pass, reporting on who is in first, second and third place.

In the first three races (The first we are having on the 23rd), everyone can run in it, but the top two will ensure a position for themselves in the forth and last race on Corellia in a few weeks.

The final championship race will have the six finalists from the previous weeks battle for the title of greatest pilot and driver of TCL. Also, the gold and silver medalists (lol winner and runner up of the final race) will be the ones representing TCL in the grand server race I am planning with a few other guilds, more info on that when we come to an agreement with other RP reps on the rules.

For now, this is a social ingame/inguild Racing campaign with some RP dressing.

Other RP events will be out periodically soon.

Rem

• X-Patriots
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:08:56 PM EST »

Glad to see that this is finally coming to fruition.  Great work Ceid!

opcomm_glassmaker
wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_narshaddaa wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:08:34 AM EST »

Thank you indeed. I hope you will enter the race. F2P will be out by then

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:25:57 AM EST »

Join this campaign's RP thread here. Will definitely spice up your participation.

Spread the word guys, I want the maximum number of participants as possible. A race is only fun in large groups.

CymStar

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 07:43:49 PM EST »

Ceid - I tried to get into the RP room, but it is apparently locked.  You may have passed the PW to me earlier, but I was unable to locate it.  Send me a PM and I file it away.  Sorry I missed the Sat 7PM meeting.  By time I got to TS3 it was a team heading of to the DreadGuard...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 10:10:10 AM EST »

The Race Course has been set. Racers... Study it well :P. CLICK HERE FOR A LARGER MAP.

Yellow Line: Away course.
Red Line: Return course.
Green Dot: Away Checkpoint.
Purple Dot: Return Checkpoint.

Start Location: Old Market Bazaar
Time: 7:30 pm EST
Date: Friday, November 23, 2012

Open for everyone.

Keepers who will watch over the race and report on progress are:

Ceid
Cymstar
Zoronious
Thycus
Greves
Tychos

Prizes:
First Place Prize: 50,000 Credits. And a Forum Pin, "First round Race Champ".
Second Place Prize: 30,000 Credits.
Third Place Prize: 10,000 Credits.

Rules:
1. Must be on a level 1 speeder with a 90% speed. (NO VARIABLE SPEEDS ALLOWED!)
2. Must pass the checkpoint. They will be the Keepers watching over the race along side the course.
3. Have fun.

All come on this Friday and lets have us a nice "clean" :P race.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:34:45 AM EST by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Weril Berdon

• Operations Commander
  • Council Member
  • Shoot first, shoot last.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 04:28:50 PM EST »

Whoa.....  That is one long track....
<br />opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul<br />
<br />That guy, nuckin\' futz.<br />     Weril Berdon Backstory - Weril Berdon ChroniclesWeril Berdon\'s Gear

Rem

• X-Patriots
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 05:08:36 PM EST »

lots of time to jockey for position.  I like the long track idea.

opcomm_glassmaker
wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_narshaddaa wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Naenlor

• X-Patriots
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 02:59:20 AM EST »

I do see a big problem with this track, and it isn't the size, but i think i need to show you in game. You have everyone running to a very high lift, which is going to cause a problem i believe. Its going to turn the race into a luck race. The lift does that because if you catch the lift at the wrong time, your screwed, because you either run off, and kill yourself, and you have to sit there forever waiting on the lift to come back up. This may do a few things. It could either guarantee someone's victory by them catching just at the right place, and the others trying to follow just a few seconds behind and dieing, or your going to have to wait, which will kill all chances of winning. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:01:07 AM EST by Naenlor »

tcl_jedcred

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 05:31:37 AM EST »

Part of the challenge, methinks.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:12 AM EST »

I do see a big problem with this track, and it isn't the size, but i think i need to show you in game. You have everyone running to a very high lift, which is going to cause a problem i believe. Its going to turn the race into a luck race. The lift does that because if you catch the lift at the wrong time, your screwed, because you either run off, and kill yourself, and you have to sit there forever waiting on the lift to come back up. This may do a few things. It could either guarantee someone's victory by them catching just at the right place, and the others trying to follow just a few seconds behind and dieing, or your going to have to wait, which will kill all chances of winning. 

It is not a mistake my friend. It was intentional. :)

I could have set it along side the yellow line under the lift. but that would be easy. A race with no obstacles is a little boring, especially that the mobs on Coruscant are too low of a level for most people and they cant knock them off. So the lift presented a valuable increase in difficulty.

You can wait if you are not lucky, or would get lucky enough to have it up when you get there, or if your tactical in your thinking while the lift is half the way, you can jump half the distance and then the other while healing or using pots. :P

I know that part will be funny, that is why I will be the purple checkpoint near the lift that you can see in the map.

Rem

• X-Patriots
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 11:56:02 AM EST »

I will be racing back home hopefully in time to jump on my pre order speeder.   See you all on the starting line!!!

opcomm_glassmaker

Naenlor

• X-Patriots
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:59 PM EST »

It is not a mistake my friend. It was intentional. :)

I could have set it along side the yellow line under the lift. but that would be easy. A race with no obstacles is a little boring, especially that the mobs on Coruscant are too low of a level for most people and they cant knock them off. So the lift presented a valuable increase in difficulty.

You can wait if you are not lucky, or would get lucky enough to have it up when you get there, or if your tactical in your thinking while the lift is half the way, you can jump half the distance and then the other while healing or using pots. :P

I know that part will be funny, that is why I will be the purple checkpoint near the lift that you can see in the map.

But I thought this was suppose to be based on skill, not on luck. I understand trying to put an obstacles in the course, but i ran this plenty of times yesterday, and there is no strategy with the lift. You are either lucky enough to have the lift in the right position, or your screwed by the lift being in the wrong position. Its not like something you can plan on, or something that requires precise piloting. It will just make the whole race turn into a luck roll basically with the lift being apart of it.

tcl_jedcred
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 22 queries.