The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 05:01:18 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirage at the Midway (Closed RP)  (Read 3886 times)

CymStar

Re: Mirage at the Midway (Closed RP)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 03:59:36 PM EST »

It was a strange thing, being cybernetic.  Stigmatized by mankind as an imperfect being, and even the best programming had not gotten the subtle nuances of emotion, belonging, place and history into the robots.  Only other cybernetics and cyborgs truly understood the loneliness of it.  Maybe that is what attracted Kandoo to Creek.  Didn't seem to matter to him.  Creek's question was whether you could do your assignment and keep the team safe. Yeah, Creek was all about that.

But there were times, Kandoo had to admit, that being cybernetic had distinct advantages.  As he took the flimsiplast handed him, Kandoo walked over to the nearest terminal and plugged in.  Sometimes, Kandoo would freak out the little kids when he took the USB cable and plugged it into his left temple.  He chuckled to himself as he remembered the moment.  Yeah, that's something you don't see everyday.

Now, though, it was a valuable aid.  Instead of wasting all that time and effort typing, Kandoo could actually think the computer to action, use his mind to explore all the resources the computer or mainframe had to offer. Kandoo attracted a little bit of buzz/mumble in the background as people watched the computer screen moved through pages of data in a short time.  Often, Kandoo had to explain to onlookers that he wasn't really reading the pages so much as uploading them.  It saved so much time, and later things could be called up without the burden of partially remembered pieces.

Ahh, this is good.   Names of contacts with pictures where available started to flash by.  Entrances, exits, air handling schematics, power coupling schematics, communications schematics.  All that could be very helpful in trying to decide between friend and enemy.  The entrance/exit info for egress if necessary, the air ducts, power and comm info could be used for distraction or Plan B egress.

ehhh? What's this?  Kandoo forced the computer to backup to a particular page.  Darienne -  seems to be some history here - but not related to the targets.  Obviously, a cross reference search not related to the flisiplasts.   Skip it, Kandoo.

There, that was it.  Kandoo felt he had everything needed for the mission.  He unplugged from the terminal, did some cosmetic work with the input port (gives combing your hair a new meaning, Kandoo snickered to himself) and pulled his helmet back on.  He walked over to his spot slightly behind Creek and waited for the next portion of the briefing.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 01:51:04 AM EST »

Darienne watched as the the image of flickered and disappeared. As it did so, she could still feel his gaze on her. She wasn't sure what it meant sometimes. She wondered to herself the stoic Jedi was just concerned about her safety or simply her mission...or was it something more...

She was snapped out of her daydream by her colleagues. They were prepping for the mission. She sat quietly while plans and strategies were exchanged between Kandoo and Carliste. After some deliberation they turned to her as they always do and she responded in kind.

With a mischievous smile, she said, "Just tell me who you want me to take out, when you want them taken out, and how you want them gone and I'll get it done."

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 02:36:28 PM EST »

Ghan shut off the feed from the main room. His own little party of detonite in armor. Oh boy. Ghan called J

Liem

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 10:36:54 PM EST »

Liem saw the comm channel open and Ghan's voice come over his speakers.

"Ner vod I don't know if you realise that I've been in the bounty business longer than you've been wearing armor so if you think taking me in will be easy you've got another thing coming. As for lack of discretion and insubordination you should know how we Mando's feel about that. Lets just come up with a game plan and execute without ripping each other's heads off."

Liem continued to pack extra ammo and rations into his pack while keeping an eye on the major. He knew that he and Ghan could handle the strong arm part of the mission, thanks to their experience and beskar'gam, so he wondered where the major would fit in a once they made contact with the smuggler crew.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 02:18:16 AM EST »

Hemza had everything he needed for the mission. A fully charged rifle, plenty of power packs, a few grenades, flash and incendiary. Also a few med packs for emergencies. Then the bickering started over the Com.

Hemza had no intention of arguing with anyone. "It seams everyone is trying to show what a bad-ass they are. I have no problem with that. I have no problem with you being Mandalorians either. And done worry about discipline on my part. I have no intention of bossing anyone around and I always put the mission first. I do not care about irrelevant distractions so save the stereotypical pissing contest. Just one thing, when we are with the Corellian people, I will not allow unnecessary loss of life. I am of the Ankoun family. If you are a Corellian, then you know of us. We have the trust of the people. If we run into a problem with civilians or Corellian militia, leave it to me to handle. If you kill one of them unnecessarily, I WILL kill you and that is a promise. Don't think because I am smaller, I would lose to you. You would definitely be surprised. Ready to move whenever you are." Hemza finished then moved to the exit. The two large warriors before him did not scare him. Hemza despite his regular height and thin, lean build, had insane strength and amazing speed. His hand to hand and firearm skills surprised most people. Hemza was not looking forward to working with the other Major, he seamed abrasive and hard to get along with. But the older Mandalorian seemed to carry himself efficiently and gracefully. Hemza felt wisdom within the old warrior, he wouldn't mind fighting along side such a man.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 22 queries.