The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:38:30 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It's 21:00 hours. Do you know where your children are? Now you can with Cor-Spy's new MicroTrack system!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)  (Read 20684 times)

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
Re: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 07:28:11 PM EST »

An asset will be killed? Is this a joke? Ceid thought. It was impossible for him to make sense of what he just saw. After all that they went through to get the date, some weird masked person comes out of no where and tells him to keep it secret? It was ridiculous.

But the call came to his com, on an encrypted TCL channel. The league operated with a mix of a pyramid organization and sleeping cells. While he was at the top of the command Pyramid with the other councilors, it was possible that a sleeping cell belonging to one of the committees was operating on a secret project that he was not aware of. But that was highly unlikely. It was obviously a trap.

He was about to continue the call, but he stopped and started thinking. If there was a slight chance that this was the truth, he could be compromising an impotent operation. "Only one way to find out." He said as he turned around. He would go to the meeting, but there was no way in hell that he'll take the data with him. The message said broken jaw... they meant Hemza, it must be one of the hostiles that Ceid engaged earlier.

He walked to the group and spoke. "Get the Chiss to Tunnel 17, give him medical treatment, and then into a prison cell. I will leave the data to you to hide in a place that no one will EVER find. Do not destroy it. And most impotently, do not tell anyone that we have the data. As far as everyone is concerned, we are still in hot pursuit of the hostiles. Understood?"

Everyone shook their heads as a confirmation but with confusion filling the air. "I will brief you soon." Ceid said, and in a few hours, he was at the coordinates that came with the message. He was a powerful Sage, if it was a trap, he will sense it and run. If not, he would get a damned idea of what the hell is going on on Corellia.

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 11:49:19 PM EST »

Ghan sat down in the main cabin of the ship and slid the bottle of ale down the table to Nobrin. "Looks like another blown operation for someone, but this time I'm not sure who."

Nobrin grinned around the mouth of the bottle. Judging by what you saw over the comm, I would say it's the Cabal again, maybe looking for a League roster? Who knows? I still think you should have wiped the memory stick with your EMP-would have made things more interesting."

"Not sure if I could handle more interesting," Ghan joked. "That almost got out of control for a moment, I wasn't expecting more people to come running toward fighting Mando'a." Ghan switched to a comm channel and called Mirsh. "There's a shuttle we sent back to Corellia for resupply. If you would be so kind as to pick it up when you head out, I would be most appreciative, since the pilot seems to have run off..."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2012, 09:44:43 PM EST »

Judas watched his old friend walk into the safehouse and look around.  Two years ago he would have smiled and let out a friendly jibe.  A lot can happen in two years though, and Judas was no longer the carefree transporter he had been.  Today he was a resistance leader masquerading as a crime lord, cynical and paranoid.  Instead, his eyes went back to the entrance, where a Mirialan popped out of stealth behind Ceid and nodded.  His face still concealed behind his hat and mask, he stepped into the light.

"Hello, Pride.  We need to talk."

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2012, 08:42:46 AM EST »

As Ceid walked into the safehouse, he sensed a familiar presence. Everything in the universe is connected. Every life form is surrounded and touched by the force, leaving a distinct signature around them. This signature varries in distinctivness depending on the force sensitivity of the life form. Though none force sensitive sentients can not use the force, the strength of their wills or the mental state of their being would definitely leave a mark that can be sensed be Jedi such as Ceid.

What Ceid sensed made him smile at first... then made him angry.

As a masked smuggler came out of the darkness, Ceid sensed a presence materialize behind him and spun around. He grabbed the small Mirialan from the back of his neck, pushed him down to a squatting positing and held him in place with the aid of the Force.

"JUDAS!" Ceid yelled. His anger was clearly visible but he did not try to hid it. He felt comfortable enough around Judas, an old friend of his, to be himself. Ceid and Naoko were close to Judas before the days of the league, before the open war, back when everything was done under the cover of the treaty. And definitely before both Ceid and Judas held seats on the commanding Council of the League. Those days are long gone, and Ceid has changed a lot since then. At the time, his was green, naive, full of life and love and an idealist. Now, Ceid has become flawed, just like every adult in this galaxy, even Jedi.

Ceid didn't know what to think, to think that Judas was behind an attack on the League and the injury of his Cousin made his nostrils flare. He felt a little betrayed. Judas was charged with the security of the League against Imperial threats, him being here looked suspicious to say the least. But he knew, that the only thing Judas loved more than freedom, was Corellia, and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He must have a good reason.

"You better start explaining old friend." Ceid said as he let go of the Mirialan and walked towards Judas. The Green sentient fell backwards to the ground.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2012, 02:49:30 PM EST »

Judas watched impassively as Ceid threw Teewa to the ground.  "Ceid, let my friend's daughter go."

He complied, but was obviously furious.  Teewa held her neck for a moment, shaking at the feeling of being trapped.  Judas ordered her to secure the perimeter and she vanished again.  After a moment, Judas smiled.

"She reminds me of us when we were younger.  Still thinks she can't die.  Part of being raised Mando, I think."

Ceid continued to glare at Judas, so he got to the point.

"One of the infiltrators was one of mine.  The one still at large.  I know your family shares everything, but this stays secret.

"Jacson's an old friend.  He hunted me about a year before we met.  I was playing around with him when he fell into a vinecat nest on some backwater planet.  I pulled him out, now we're friends.  After that, I left for home and he joined the Mandalorians.

"He hooked up with a syndicate called the Empty Night, it's run by a Sith but that's only a cover so he can operate in Imp space.  They want control of Corellia's underworld, and that means keeping CorSec occupied while they get rid of the competition.  They're doing that by playing both sides, keeping the conflict going and CorSec focused on the Empire.  Jacson's on loan to Olrac and tasked with infiltrating the League.  He was open with me about it, and planned this theft himself.  We also planned a double cross since his name's on the list of double agents that was part of what was stolen.  The plan was for his companions to bite it in transit while he delivered a decoy.

"The decoy would contain a corruption sequence rendering most of the data unreadable.  The only surviving part of the list would be a half list of infiltrators and secret members.  And it would name known Imperial sympathizers, listing secret League connections.  Potential threats and known traitors wiped out by the very government they so vocally supported."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2012, 09:05:05 AM EST »

Ceid listened to the whole story. He understood the reasons, and had to admit, if he had the chance, he would have done the same as Judas. Ceid walked away and approached a near by sofa. He sat down and breathed out a long breath, this was his first time sitting in twenty four hours. Ceid reached up and took his mask off, set it aside and whipped his face. He then leaned back a relaxed for a second. It has been a while since he gave up his Jedi Robes for the Hunter Armour he picked up on D71 station. He had his reasons, but he didn't discuss it with anyone, not Judas, not an Ankoun, not even Naoko.

"Do you remember the old days Judas?" Ceid asked then smiled. "We were so carefree, so determined. Hell, I remember you and I jumping off of a towering cliff in pursuit of a target." Ceid said smiling as he ran his hand through his short hair.

As Judas came closer, Ceid Continued. "Back then, we really had each other's back, we were open and and trust was shared. It saddens me that you only decided to share this information with me now." Ceid looked Judas in the eyes. "Your the head of Tactical Response, I am head of the Lore Keepers. The Keepers are in charge of keeping all league date and Intel safe. You had to know that your man was going to hit our facilities, you had to know that he was going to put the lifes of my team in danger." Ceid realized then that it must have been Judas who gave the position of the Secondary facility to the attackers. He must have picked it since it was empty at the time, knowing that no Leaguers would be in danger. "If you came to me sooner, we would have done this together and spared CoreSec and the League unnecessary loss of life Judas." Ceid closed his eyes then stood up; thinking of the military and Police officers who died during this day. "Though, I understand. Maybe if we all knew, the rouse would not have worked."

"What do you want to do now? If you want the plans back, I have an idea, but there is someone who I have to tell in the Ankoun family for this to make sense. Also, I can handle the League and the Council report, But the entire Intelligence Arm of the Ankoun Family is watching my every move at all times, trying to keep me safe. For my plan to work, this meeting will have to look like a trap... I need you to hit me... Hard. Make it leave a mark, fire a few rounds in the air and one in my leg and get the hell out of here. After you get to a safe place, Contact me on the secret Officer's channel. I set that system to be completely separate of all other communication networks within the league, our conversation then will be private. Will you play along?" Ceid asked as he put a hand on Judas's shoulder. "If yes, then I will tell all the details of this plan."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2012, 04:34:46 PM EST »

Judas sighed.  "I remember being a lot stupider.  Getting into situations that luck alone brought us out of.  I remember trying my damnedest to stay out of fights, and getting sucked in anyway."

He met Ceid's eyes and held his friend's gaze.  "I won't apologize for what I did.  I tried my best to limit the loss of life, but eggs and omlets come to mind.  In the past, I was willing to get into a fight, the reason didn't matter much.  Now, I think if it comes to an open fight, I didn't do my job right.  As for what now, my agent's in the wind, and his daughter will follow once I'm safely back at the Queen.  In a week, maybe two, our enemies will start dropping.  Which means we can't ever have it known you got it back, and your prisoner?  Never leaves the safe house.  The datacylinder he has needs to be destroyed.  And until --"

Without pausing his left arm swung up, grabbing his off blaster and smashing Ceid in the jaw.  Ceid went down and Judas took his lightsaber from his belt.  He let out a whistle for Teewa, then dragged Ceid to the middle of the floor.  That done, the lightsaber was placed a couple meters from his hand, then Judas put a shot into his friend's left leg and right arm, then put seven shots into the back wall of the safehouse.  Teewa dashed in, blaster drawn, then holstered it when she saw Judas alone.

"Pack it up, kid, we're gone."  She nodded and stealthed again.  Judas glanced at his friend one last time.

"I'm sorry, Pride," he muttered, then left the safehouse.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2012, 06:01:53 PM EST »

"I'm sorry, Pride," Judas muttered, clearly disturbed due to what he had to do just now.

"No time for that. I am sure Sunder is sending a team in right now." Ceid said, then shouted. "Go!" Judas left the safehouse.

Just as he predicted, five minutes of bleeding on the floor later, a team of four heavily armored men belonging to the Ankoun Militia Arm bursted in the safe house, weapons drawn and ready for combat. When they saw Ceid, they rushed to his side and applied some first aid to his injuries and preped him to be moved. Twenty minutes later, Ceid was in a Governmental Medical Facility who's funding came from wealthy Ankoun family members. He had many people around him, some secretly of the League, others of his family. After a while, he asked everyone to leave except two.

"What is it cousin?" Hemza asked with his jaw all fixed up, but bruised up and swollen slightly around the left side of his jaw. Assad came and stood right next to his side.

"You have to promise me that what I am about to tell you will not leave this room." Ceid said with a dead serious look on his face. The two men exchanged glances and then nodded to Ceid sincerely. Ceid then told them everything that happened. They reacted in a mix of confusion and anger. The confusion was at the plan, the anger was because Ceid had to get shot in the process.

"We can't let the League know, we can't let the Family Elders know. This has to say secret until the plan is fully enacted. Can I count on you in that?" Ceid asked.

"Ceid. No Ankoun has ever withheld information from the elders, that is why our family has become what it is. Are you sug.." Hemza never finished.

Assad interrupted. "I was never one for following the rules. But Hem is right Ceid. Do you trust the man who shot you TWICE, to keep your family, and the League in the dark?" The large gunslinger asked.

"With my life guys. Just like I trust you. We go way back. I need your support on this." Ceid said with a calm voice.

"Well..." Hemza started. "That is good enough for me. I got your six." Hemza finished and Assad nodded.

"What do you want us to do?" Asked Assad.

Ceid told them of his plan. Hemza was to take the data cylinder that he head to a certain location, and meet someone who will take the data to be used in the greater strategy orchestrated by Judas. Assad was to go to Tunnel 17 where the Chiss was being held, and have an orchestration of his own. He was tasked with setting the force cage to overload, killing the Chiss instantly. Then he was to destroy all equipment the Chiss had on him and then secretly dispose of the body. Assad was unhappy and disturbed by his assignment, but he accepted the tasteless act as necessary.

When they left, Ceid Com-ed Judas on the Classified channel. "The second shot was overkill! You know how much that hurts? I will get you back you know. You own 7 rounds at the Old timers Cantina as a start!" Ceid paused then continued with a more serious and remorseful tone. "I hate cold blooded executions, but Blue brain is being dealt with. Major Hemza Ankoun will be at the attached coordinates with the Data Cylinder in two hours. I suggest you send your man to meet him. Oh and Judas. I asked the Major to play nice. Tell your boy to do the same... Till next time my friend."

As Ceid promised, Hemza was waiting for his contact to come in front of the Tram station in the Coronet downtown. It was a busy place with a large enough crowd to be anonymous. He was dressed in civilian cloths so his movements would be completely inconspicuous.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2013, 04:29:50 PM EST »

A Mirialan female pressed a blaster barrel into Hemza's side, leaning forward to whisper in his ear.

"That's my daddy's belt you're wearing, soldier boy.  Care to tell me how you got it?"

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2013, 04:35:37 AM EST »

The soldier was unarmed and without armour, he was told to keep it under the radar. Now he was a hostage... But then again, his opponent looked like a spook instead of a absolute fighter. Her first mistake was that she stood so close to what could be the fastest human being she'll ever see.

Hemza circled a left open palm under and behind her blaster hand, a bridge-arm hook, controlling her hand and moving the barrel away from his center line. Simultaneously, with his right arm he grabbed her neck and head, pivoted his body and tossed her over his hippes, slamming her to the ground.

Her blaster remained in his hand.

"Relax kid, first impressions are the most important. And I don't know what you've been told, but, your "Daddy's" belt is not on me. It is secure in a private place. It's mine now unless your father shows up and apologizes personally." Hemza said jokingly, knowing that was more than impossible.

"That doesn't mean we have to be enemies." Hemza said as he tossed the blaster to the side after stealthily rendering inoperable. "The data is yours... I hope we're doing the right thing." Hemza said with a grim and concerned look on his face.

Hemza put the data cylinder on the ground beside him and walked away into the disturbed streets of Coronet. This game of shadowy maneuvering and betrayal seems like will never end.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2013, 01:37:57 AM EST »

Teewa was furious with herself.  That was twice she'd been taken by surprise.  But the soldier had made one crucial mistake: he'd left her off hand free.  As she fell, her left had swept back and grabbed the scattergun she kept in the back of her belt.  Her blaster was wrenched from her hand, though, and she glared at him as he lectured her.

"Nu'bana, shabuir!" she spat out.  The soldier ignored her, though it might have been he missed the insult.  He handed over a data cylinder, and her now-useless blaster, before vanishing.  Swiping both, she quickly undid the damage done to her blaster.  With a petty grin, she fired into the air three times before overloading her stealth belt to vanish, causing a panic in the crowd for the trooper to deal with.  Pocketing the cylinder, she slipped out of the crowd and headed for Judas' ship.

Jacson sprinted through Axial park, his armor servos doing most of the work for him.  He finally encountered an imperial patrol and hailed them, giving the pass phrase that would give him priority clearance.  The patrol gave him the use of their speeder, making their way back to base on foot.  When Jacson arrived back at Incorporation Islands, an "Honor Guard" was waiting to escort him to Darth Olrac.

Olrac was tending to his botanical collection when Jacson was brought before him.  Turning away from the diverse collection, he looked at Jacson with a calm expression.

"You're late.  And your team is gone.  If you do not have good news for me, I will kill you."

Jacson reached into one of the compartments in his armor, causing the guards to take up firing positions.  Jacson looked at them, bemused, and smiled.  His helmet had been removed before he was allowed in, so the full force of his smile caused two of the four guards to back up several steps.  Holding up the data cylinder so they could see, he handed it over to the Sith, who glared at his guards.  He tossed it over to one with instructions to take it to the Imperial Slicers working in the building.

"As for you, mercenary, I'm not sure why I should let you live.  For all I know, you could have killed Kaedra and Thraxis yourself.  What will we find on that disc, hmm?"

Jacson didn't rise to the bait, causing Olrac to nod in satisfaction.  "However, both of them were too foolish to ever be any real use, so it's a small matter.  My spies within the League's ranks report that the hunt continues for the culprits.  So until such time as they're too busy worrying about their lives to hunt for you, I have a task for you offworld."

"What's that, Olly?"  Olrac glared, but let the jibe pass.

"It has come to my attention that control of the Empty Night Syndicate has been taken from Sith hands.  I understand Lord Kaast was something of a benefactor for you.  So your next duty is to kill his murderer.  The assassin has set himself up as the new master of the Empty Night, and he has pro-Republic leanings.  Kill him for me.  Find and kill Judas Creek, and control of the Empty Night will pass to you."

It took all of Jacson's not inconsiderable sabacc skill to keep his face schooled and his emotions in check.  He only nodded, and turned to leave the office.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The techs that worked on the data cylinder were disappointed to discover that most of the data was corrupted.  After careful work, however, they managed to salvage part of a list.  On it were the names of Imperial suporters with secret ties to the League.  Orders came down from Imperial Intelligence to verify the data, and if it proved true to eliminate the traitors.  Meanwhile, buried under layers and layers of bad code was a small worm, a virus that burrowed into the secure Imperial server and started transmitting data across an open network to secure League servers.  It was quickly caught and shut down, but what got out was the current roster of Cabal members and a variety of financial endeavors to fund the Cabal's actions on Corellia.  Within weeks, another false lead verified the fake sympathizers, causing Intelligence to order their executions.  Vocal pro-Imperial voices were silenced, and several Cabal fortunes were stolen or destroyed.  It wasn't enough to cripple the Cabal, but nonetheless it was a major blow.  And it will not go unanswered.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:52:52 AM EST by Judas Creek/Lord Olrac »

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:55 AM EST »

Hemza didn't get 6 meters into the station when three shot sounded. "Ahh Hell!" He stood still as panicked civilians ran passed him and raised his hands in surrender as CoreSec officers approached him with their weapons trained at him.

"Get your hands up! Get on your knees." One of the officers ordered. Hemza complied.

"Relax, my name is Major Hemza Ankoun. I was attacked, you've got this all wrong."

The officers stopped at the mention of Ankoun. The honorable clan was not royal or controlling the current government, but they were respected and treated as nobility. They were loved my most, and feared by some. Also, the so called Major was in civilian cloths, no way to know if he is telling the truth at first glance.

"We need to confirm that Sir. Please come with me, You two, check out the source of the gun fire." Hemza was cuffed and taken away, the other two officers of course found nothing. Hemza was released soon afterwards, but he smiled at the memory of the spiteful little Mirialan. She had the last laugh.

Though in the end, it all didn't matter. His little soiree with her and her father was insignificant to the larger play being preformed around them. He tried not to imagine the scope of the battle that is to come.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 22 queries.