The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:15:31 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to download your Beta version of "Call of Corellia", today!  Use code THX1138 to redeem your copy!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)  (Read 20633 times)

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

Re: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 12:06:03 PM EDT »

Ghan didn't budge the smallest fraction of a centimeter. A full 150 kilos of solid frame and muscle even without his armor, something about mass and velocity said he should stay put. Although his armor prevented anything from getting in, it also prevented anything from escaping. that's going to hurt in the morning Ghan thought to himself. Ghan planted his feet in a solid stance, and bashed his assailant with the stock of his assault cannon. another reason cannons are superior to blaster rifles-they're MUCH heavier Ghan deployed his trauma probe from his HUD command center. The probe immediately began affixing patches and temporary shields to pre-assigned points on Ghan's armor.

CymStar

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 03:57:18 PM EDT »

Kandoo supplied the armless rookie with a painkiller and waited for it to take effect.  The kid didn't even recognize that his shock reflex was keeping him from feeling the full force of pain in the lightsaber-amputated shoulder.  Kandoo pulled out his comlink and contacted the republic medical team in this area, as the Jedi had suggested.  Then he walked over to where Lt. Creek was resting against the wall and sat down.  Time to wait for Creek to come around.  If this was going to make any sense at all, Kandoo was going to need whatever information Creek or the others could feed him.

The Jedi entered from outside and observed some of the men started to come around.  He moved from soldier to soldier, trying to assist as he could.  He seemed somewhat natural at this task, the men whom he spoke with seemed to become more calm, more relaxed.

Now, it's time to wait...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 08:14:21 AM EDT »

The trooper didn't budge an inch when Jacson hit him, and the impact jarred the blasters from his hands.  This only helped him, though, because it allowed him to react to the strike from the giant cannon.  Jacson's particle shield absorbed most of the impact, but his side was going to be bruised in the morning.  His arm clamped down instinctively, trapping the barrel under his arm, then with a thought the cybernetics in his temple triggered his jetpack, adding momentum to the spin that wrenched the cannon from his opponent's hand and flung it across the alley.  While spinning, and quite by accident, his foot flew up in an armored  kick headed for the trooper's helmet.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 06:25:03 PM EDT »

Ghan's cannon went spinning across the alley, sliding up against the wall. Ghan barely saw his assailant's boot coming around in a kick, but couldn't duck fast enough. Armor crashed against armor, and Ghan could feel himself tipping off balance. Almost immediately, Ghan could feel a pounding migraine coming on. Ghan discharged his clearing concussion burst before falling over. Barely had he hit the ground before he rolled over and began crawling as quickly as he could toward his assault cannon on the other side of the street.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 03:49:30 AM EDT »

By sheer luck, Jacson's foot connected with the soldier's head, sending both fighters off balance.  A blast knocked him away as he fell, and he landed heavily on his shoulder, dislocating it through the armor.  Jacson bit out a cry at the sudden pain, then gritted his teeth and struggled to regain his feet.  He managed to push himself upright, then stumbled over to plant his foot on the cannon, shoving the wrist launcher on his right gauntlet in his opponent's face.  "Don't try it," he snarled, panting.  Looking hard at the figure, the orange helmet, and the obvious tech in his armor, Jacson quickly put two and two together.

"Sheteshoy," he grunted, naming the clan of armorsmiths, "Ke'pare! Ni Aliit Bralor bal Ut'reeyah Ca."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 08:28:09 AM EDT »

As Ceid and Assad triangulated the signal to a small rock, a few transmissions came over the com, confirming response to the situation. One of them was a transmission from Ceid's wife along with his cousin, which Ceid had sent them on a mission about two days ago.

"Naoko Sellis Ankoun and Hemza Ankoun are touching down at the spaceport. Awaiting orders." Said the female voice.

"Oh good, it's an Ankoun Party." Said Assad sarcastically.

Ceid smiled and then replied on the com. "Good to hear your voice Nao, you too Major. Stand by." Ceid then looked to Assad. "Now where is that signal coming from?"

Assad touched a few buttons on his holopad and came close from the rock and dug a shallow hole and retrieved what looked like a data cylinder. "It can't be." Assad said. Ceid came close and took it from Assad's hand. "It looks like one of the data cylinders that was taken in the attack." On closer inspection, he noticed a few words written on it. "Confirm it's contents". Ceid said to Assad.

Assad used his holo pad to access the data stored in the cylinder. "Dead end couz, it is a fake."

"What of the words on it?"

"Mandalorian. Sorry but, my Mando'a is a little rusty. I can't make out all the words."

"What can you make out?" Ceid asked curiously.

Assad answered with the two words that he understood. "Secret. Safe."

"What is that supposed to mean? Comforting words from a friend? A threat?"

"I'm afraid we wont know until we translate the whole message." Assad answered. "Scanning the cylinder for any DNA traces." He paused for a few seconds as he worked on his pad. "I got a hit, checking for a match in our database... Nothing. This guys is a ghost."

"Well, at least we got something to build upon." Ceid answered and keyed his com. "Naoko, Hemza, meet us at the following coordinates." He said then he motioned with his palm to Assad, and the smuggler sent the coordinates of the Sith attack to Naoko and Hemza Ankoun at the spaceport.

"Understood." Came the acknowledgement from Major Hemza.

As Ceid was returning hit com to his belt, he noticed that he had an unread message in text form. As Ceid opened the message, the following string of letters scrolled from top to bottom on his holocom. "One of your intruders is dead. A debt incurred is always repaid. Vode An." Ceid frowned.

"What is it?" Asked Assad.

"Let's move." Ceid said and the two double timed it to the rendezvous point.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:38:09 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 11:48:27 AM EDT »

"Ne shab'rud'ni, shabla chakaar," Ghan spat out. Bralor's arm was hanging loosely. Ghan could tell even through the armor that Bralor had dislocated his arm. Ghan shifted uneasily on the ground, then lashed out with all his speed to stab a syringe into the gap in Bralor's armor plates in the forearm that held a small arsenal of rocket systems. The arm relaxed instantly as kolto flooded out of the syringe and into the damaged arm. Ghan stood quickly and popped the arm back into its socket before Bralor could act. 

"Ba'gedet'ye, gar entye drashaar'ori. Me'copaani, tion gar gai, verd?" Ghan spoke through his helmet speakers. 

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 08:55:32 AM EDT »

Jacson didn't catch all of what he said at first, but he caught the insult.  Sheteshoy's attitude changed slightly when he mentioned Empty Night, though, and with a quick strike he popped Jacson's shoulder into place.  Jacson winced beneath his helmet, then carefully moved his arm before nodding his thanks.

"Ni nu'kyr'amur gar, ni entye..." he struggled to find the right word, before giving up.  "I'm still not fluent.  Consider my not killing you payment.  My name is Jacson Cale, two years of Clan Bralor, and I'm interested in keeping what was stolen out of my employer's hands.  None of your business why."

Still slightly suspicious, he kept his wrist launcher aimed at Sheteshoy's general direction, disguised as holding his arm.  "What's a Sheteshoy doing here anyway?  I thought your clan contracted with the Empire."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 10:56:10 AM EDT »

Ghan grinned under his helmet as Jacson struggled with Mando'a before switching over to basic. Ghan listened with half an ear, watching the Chiss for signs that the Chiss was coming around. The Chiss stirred slightly, and Ghan walked over and injected a hypo of what was technically painkiller, but was strong enough to sedate a bantha in its concentrated form.
    "You're a bit behind on your history, but it's not your fault. The Sheteshoys work for the Sheteshoys. I stopped working for the Empire long before I formed my own clan. Look up the Vhett Clan out of Dromund Kaas. When your employer kills your family, they generally give up their right for future contracts. But that's ancient history. So what got stolen? Not happy with your friends in Empty Night? I wouldn't be happy either if I got jumped by a guy on a speeder with the sensor suite they gave you."

Ghan reached down and picked up his assault cannon. He slipped his armor pack off and sat down on a piece of rubble. Ghan pulled out his repair kit and began working on his equipment. He pulled out his compact repair droid and offered it to Jacson. "You're not going to find a better option for repairing your armor, sit down, might as well do something productive while we complain about our bosses."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 04:02:12 PM EDT »

Jacson dipped his head in respect when Sheteshoy mentioned the Vhett clan, he had heard  about their destruction before he joined the Mandalorians.

"I was hired to steal some data, but not by the Empty Night.  Lord Kaast has me on loan to another organization.  And the only reason I didn't spot you was because I wan't looking."  He gestured over at the unconsious Chiss.  "Bluebrain over there was getting uppity and pulled my attention away from my sensors.  Seems he was displeased with his master biting it in an ambush."

Jacson collected his blasters and groaned at the damage to the gas cartrige on one of them.  Sheteshoy offered him a repair droid, and he nodded his thanks.  "At this point the only boss I want to complain about is Mandalore.  The Vhett, the Sparr, how many more clans do the Imps have to wipe out before he wises up and gets us out.  There's other ways of testing ourselves against the Jedi, and I personally want to show the Imperials what a true warrior can do."

As he was talking, one of his audio sensors cut out, so he pulled off his helmet and started examining the circuits to see what had gone wrong.  He was no weaponsmith, but he knew armor, and he spotted the problem immediately.  "So what's your story?  Who are you, and why'd you hit me?" he asked before starting repairs on his helmet.

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 10:14:23 PM EDT »

The bounty hunter known as "Mithic" to Captain McTavish stared absent-mindedly at the blue starlines of the hyperspace lane.  Meeting McTavish again had been a stunner.  Mithic remembered being thrown out of the Chiss Acendancy - not an easy thing to do, but an unforgettable one.  Banished from Chiss space.  That was a tough punishment.  It was even worse that they sent his sister Mi'cymb'larcan (everyone here called her Micki) packing also.  Well, there had been no remedy for that.  Mithic was confident that his course of actions had been the best for the nine Ruling Families.  His actions had been successful in preventing harm to the geothermal station on Csilla.  Yet, perhaps his execution had been sloppier than it could have been.  This gave opportunity for one of the competing Families to find fault with Mithic's intervention.  The resulting embarrassment to his own clan got Mithic, his sisters and brothers exiled from the Acendancy.

With no money and no ideas, Mithic had looked forward to a long period of playing the vagabond.  His older brothers and sisters had traded on their connections to find paths out of Chiss space and into the Imperial forces.  Mithic had not had the time to have developed such connections.  So he headed out alone.  Micki was his younger sister and so was even worse off than Mithic.  That would never do.

It was at their first spaceport that they met McTavish.  Mithic and Micki did not even have enough credits for a drink in the seedy cantina.  McTavish, sauntered by, looking very happy with himself and took little notice of them as he strolled into the cantina.  Then, McTavish stopped, suddenly.  Slowly walking backwards, retracing his steps, he stopped in front of the two Chiss. 

"Now, you two looked cold, tired and flat worn out", started McTavish.  "Can I buy you some hot soup in the tapcaf?"

Mithic stood up, his pride wounded and was going to punch out the good captain's lights for such an insult.  Micki, always being the more level-headed of the two, put her hand on Mithic's forearm and pulled herself up.  "That would be very kind of you", she replied.  Mithic allowed his emotions to settle.

"She is right", he thought.  "We have no credits and no plan.  It will serve us poorly to stay here and starve to death."

Inside the tapcaf, the sat down and McTavish ordered meals and beverage for everyone.  To Mithic's surprise, he actually liked the Captain and the three of them had a wonderful meal and pleasant conversation.  McTavish was feeling very happy with himself - he had apparently gotten a contract to deliver a load of blasters to Ord Mantell.  So, being flush with credits, he felt like he could be generous.  After the good meal and conversation, McTavish had asked them about their plans.  Micki, being more straight-forward than Mithic, stated plainly that they had no plan.

McTavish looked stunned, but recovered quickly.  "Hey, its not much, but I could get you to Hutta on my way to Ord Mantell.  It is a stinkhole of a planet, but there is plenty of work there if you are willing to get your hands dirty."

Mithic thought through the possibilities.  He really needed some kind of work which allowed him to stay independent.  Bounty hunting, maybe?  But he had no cash and no weapon.

"Hey, Mithic," McTavish started.  "Hutta is not always a polite place.  Seeing as you need to look out for yourself and your sister, why don't you take my hold-out blaster.  Again, its not much, but might help you avoid certain entaglements"

"You are a kind and generous man for someone in the smuggling profession", Mithic replied.  "I thank you for your hospitality and you have a favor from each of us in the future should you need to call one in."

"Two types of work on Hutta - freelancers and Imperial.  I'm not sure what you had in mind and I don't know that I can pull any weight on Hutta.  The Hutts and I haven't always gotten along well.  But your should be able to pull something together, you both look smart enough to make yourselves a break-in place in the business.  I would offer to take you on as crew, but i don't have that kind of credits - yet," McTavish said with a smile slowly crossing his face.

The starlines began to fade and the stars reappeared as Mithic reached his jump point.  Shaking himself out of his reverie, he reached for teh comm unit to see if he could raise Micki on the sub-space...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 10:28:57 PM EDT »

Ghan laughed quietly. "I hit you for the same reason you didn't see me-distracted driving. But as to my story, it's a long one. First off, the Imps didn't get the whole Vhett Clan, just those in the compound on Dromund Kaas, and that cost them plenty enough without trying to find the holdouts. 'Ba'slan shev'la and all that. But that doesn't answer your question. I'm older than most think, but not so old as to have lost my touch. I worked free-lance for several years before being approached by one of my Father's old contacts. The suggestion was brought up that I should train with the Republic Special Forces, so I did, until the sacking of Coruscant, after which my command structure disappeared, and I went back to the job of aliita'lor, or clan leader. I'm on Corellia because my sister's running with some third-party vigilante group who recently had their records stolen... Say, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?" Ghan asked in a lighter voice. "I don't suppose you've met any other surprises from Spec Force?" Ghan said, pointedly facing the heavily sedated Chiss.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2012, 01:03:41 AM EDT »

Jacson finished fixing his helmet and glanced at Sheteshoy.  Was he League?  To be safe, he silently armed a concussion missile while Sheteshoy's back is turned.  "Now, I don't remember saying WHO ambushed us..."

His voice took a dangerous tone, "What's your name, and who do you work for?"

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2012, 09:10:35 AM EDT »

Ghan watched through his helmet's 360 degree viewing angle as Jacson armed a concussion missile. Without turning around, he answered Jacson. "The name, and it would do you well to remember it, is Ghanikavhett, and I already told you who I work for. I am a Mandalorian, and I work for my clan."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 10:39:54 AM EDT »

Jacson immediately realized his mistake, the "Other" remark was besides the fight with Ghanikavhett.  He had just confirmed that it was him at the safe house firefight.

"Fierfek.  So what happens now?  I won't surrender, and I don't really want to kill you just yet, Bralor won't appreciate trouble with your Clan."

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 22 queries.