The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:12:21 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to download your Beta version of "Call of Corellia", today!  Use code THX1138 to redeem your copy!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)  (Read 20632 times)

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
Re: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 01:43:46 PM EDT »

Carliste stood with a repurposed unit of SpecForce soldiers in a potential Cabal hideout.  He wasn't happy to be away from his own squad, but the men he was with were all capable soldiers and staunchly loyal to the Republic, and to them he was something of a hero.

"Was it true that your team was responsible for destroying that Imperial base on Chandrilla?" one of them asked, a hotshot private with an obvious lack of respect for rank.  No respect for classified information, either.

"Can't tell you that, kid, but if I could talk about it I'd say the Sand Panthers did in both the battalion of defenders and the three Sith commanders in charge of them before torching the buildings.  But that would be a breach of security, so I won't say it."

The room echoed with quiet laughter.  Carliste had no respect for classified intel either.  "So where's your team now?" asked another.

Carliste shook his head, "I really couldn't tell you.  My squad's...on loan...to a group of allies, and we've been separated for the duration of the mission."  Even with his lack of respect, there were some secrets Carliste wouldn't tell, "So until I'm done, you boys are stuck with me."

"Nobody we'd rather have with us, sir!" the hotshot called out to a chorus of battle cries.  Carliste grinned.  These were good men, and as much as he missed the Panthers, he was glad to be with them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

An hour and a half later, the three thieves cut hard right, headed northwest for the Cabal's safehouse in Labor Valley.  Sticking to the alleys and backroads of Coronet, they made their way through the bombed out city, avoiding skirmishes, soldiers, and scavengers.  They finally got within sight of the safehouse and Jacson yanked his companions to a stop.  Thraxis stopped as soon as he felt the pressure on his coat, but Kaedra wasn't so lucky.  His cape snapped straight and he gave an undignified yelp before landing heavily on his back.  The Sith Lord grabbed his throat and reached for his lightsaber, but Jacson stepped on his wrist and held a finger to where his mouth would be on his helmet.  Kaedra snarled in fury and hatred, but subsided with a wince when Jacson put pressure on his trapped hand.

"Shut up, idiot, I'm scanning for problems."

Jacson's scanners washed over the safehouse, and every other building in the vicinity.  A few refugees, a dozen or so looters...and an entire fireteam of SpecForce commandos, right at the safehouse.  Beneath his helmet, Jacson smiled his trademark smile.

"Nothing, let's move."

Kaedra took point again, headed for the safehouse, with Thraxis picking up the rear.  They got to the safehouse entrance and slipped through, right into a dozen guns pointed directly at them.  The commander ordered them to drop their weapons, and Kaedra charged.

Two of the soldiers dived in the way of their commander, and one lost his arm because of it.  Jacson raised his hands in surrender, and the troops ignored him, focusing on the rampaging warrior.  Three more soldiers died quickly, then Jacson threw Thraxis out of the building and slapped the door panel, sealing the room.  With the room contained and his sonic dampeners active on his armor, he triggered the concussion rockets in his gauntlets, stunning everybody in the room.  The soldiers were knocked to the ground and Kaedra swayed in place, barely consious.  It was all the opportunity Jacson needed.

Grabbing his blasters from his side, he let loose with a flurry of deadly energy.  His eyes narrowed as Kaedra was struck with the bolts, again and again, and again.  Even after Kaedra was dead, he kept pouring fire into the body, until he judged enough blaster shots had sounded to account for the squad.  When the smoke cleared, the soldiers were groaning in pain, the commander was struggling to gain his feet, and Kaedra was a smoking corpse.  Jacson moved over to where the Commander was laying and hauled him to his feet.

"Just kill me, Mando scum," the commander whispered.

"Not yet, soldier boy.  You're going to deliver a message for me.  Tell the League that Bralor and the Empty Night will keep it's secret.  Tell them that."

Jacson dropped the commander and turned his back on the fallen Commander.

"You should have killed me," the Commander rasped, "The Sand Panthers will hunt you down.  I'll make sure of it."

Jacson paused at the door and glanced back.

"I'm looking forward to it."

He punched the lock and went out the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thraxis was trying desparately to open the door when it hissed open and Jacson walked out, sealing the door behind him.

"We've got to go.  Now."

Thraxis stayed put, looking at the room.  "Kaedra?"

Jacson shook his head, "He's gone.  So are the rest.  We have to go before reenforcements get here.  Let's move."

With one last look at the door, Thraxis turned and ran after Jacson, the two of them headed for the backup safehouse.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 04:26:41 PM EDT »

As Ceid and Assad made it to the trans system, they hoped in one of the carts. It was empty as always; it's been like this for a while now. People are afraid to use the public transport system. Assad threw the weight of his body into one of the seats, the thud caught Ceid's attention.

"I loved to ride the trans when I was a kid. It made me feel free... unrestricted. Look at it now." Assad said with nostalgic and sad face. "I took you on a few runs with me. Your father was so mad, he chased me all over the neighborhood." Assad then continued with a chuckle.

Ceid scowled for a second at the mention of his father, but then he continued calmly. "I do not remember anything from when I was a child."

Assad turned his gaze to Ceid, at first with pitty, but then with slight envy. Assad wished he could forget his childhood. "Well, at least I remember you couz." He finished with a smile. Before Ceid could reply, Zoronious came on the com.

"... to the location of the signal." Zoro finished off.

"As you said Master Novar, we have no other choice. It is impossible for them to get off planet, they must have accounted for that. Logic dictates that they will lay low for quite a while. This is all we can do for now. As you say, I will continue to trail them as best as possible, and will forward any information that could help you intercept them." Ceid said and returned the com device to his belt. Seconds later, it chirped again.

"Seriously! What is with that bird sound you have on that, it's weird!" Assad complained. Ceid laughed in response. He then retrieved the device again and activated it. A young Padawan blasted through the Com. Ceid couldn't help but smile at the young girl's impatience. Reminded him of someone close.

"Watch out empire... Secura is here!" Mocked Assad, Ceid smile tried his best to ignore the large rouge's tasteless humor.

"... if there

CymStar

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 05:40:12 PM EDT »

He absolutely HATED Taris.  He thought that growing up on Tatooine would have made him happy to see planets with green in them.  This was different.  A wretched, stink-hole if ever Kandoo found one.  Raghouls, slime-pits, animals of every shape and size distorted by the radiation of a planetary bombardment.  It took so long for everything to even start coming back.  But life was slowly starting to reclaim the surface and inexorably moved to make its inhabitants adapt.

Kandoo attempted to be a still as possible.  Although he knew that the pounding of his heart was all inside the suit, it still seemed impossible to him that it was not alerting the entire area.  Then he sensed it.  We all have.  That small tingling which starts at the base of the neck and makes the back of your skull tingle.  People called it many different things - a sixth sense, the force, a message from above.  Those who chose to disregard its arrival were often the worse for their ignorance or dead.  Kandoo was not interested in either of those outcomes.  He listened carefully as he remained crouched at the drain pipe.  There it was, a small scrapping of armor against pipe.  Kandoo tried to still he breathing even more - why was everything so blasted loud inside the armor?

The renegade appeared out the end of the drain pipe.  Kandoo stood, raised his blaster and brought it in a heavy stock strike against the neck of his opponent.  The renegade dropped like a rock. "Ha!  It worked!", he thought.  Kandoo was still so young and naive that even though he had been in some tough spots and had been invited to join the Sand Panthers, he was still surprised when things worked as advertised.  Lt. Creek taught him that one.  Creek!  The name rolled around in Kandoo's head.  Now, why did he think of that just now?  And why did he still have that tingling at the back of his neck when the quarry had been bagged.  He touched his comlink and contacted the Governor's security forces.  "Clean up at drain pipe 9.  Target is bound and waiting for pick-up"  Kandoo waited for an acknowledgment, then placed stun-braces on the renegade's wrists and ankles.

Creek, Creek.  The thought would not leave his mind. Hmm, note to self - Self, remember what you said about not responding to tingling neck feelings.  Right.  Kandoo touched his comlink again and tapped in the Sand Panther frequency. Strictly by the book, Kandoo should not have taken initiative to contact Lt. Creek, but should have waited to be contacted by Lt. Creek.  Kandoo smiled as he thought about Lt. Creek actually doing ANYTHING by the book.  The comlink was chirping, but not getting through.  "That can't be good", Kandoo fretted.  Kandoo adjusted some of the settings to see if he could acquire a back-signal through the holonet...Corellia.  What was he doing on Corellia?

Briefly, Kandoo wondered if it had to do with that League that Corellia has.  Yes, the secret one.  Kandoo laughed to himself as he shouldered his blaster and strode quickly over to his speeder.  See, that is why Kandoo had never really learned to trust anyone.  If this war has taught him anything it was that very few people could keep a secret.  That is why he stuck to working by himself - you only had to trust yourself.  There were maybe a few others.  Deustchekastel of house Crystal - I mean, after all, Dutch did save his behind in that horrific fight on Tatooine.  Lt. Creek.  Their first meeting did not start out all that well.  And maybe it wasn't trust so much as a grudging admiration for each other after a good knock-down-drag-out.  Kandoo actually laughed out loud in spite of himself.  He only wished it hadn't been him who had needed to be dragged out by Creek.

There it was again, that tingling on the back of the neck.  Kandoo picked up the pace to his speeder.  he commed the crew at the ship.  "Get that thing ready to go to Corellia, I'll be there in 30 minutes."
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 10:34:46 PM EDT »

Ghan cursed inside his helmet as the Jedi and associate approached the marker. Ghan hadn't figured on additional visitors, so he hadn't covered over his tracks. Just as well he had left the message where he'd found it. Ghan replayed the message over again in his mind. "Have courage, your secret's safe. Empty Night." That last bit bothered him. While not as large or as infamous as the exchange, Empty Night was still very powerful and influential. That would explain the complexity of the sensor suite Ghan had encountered immediately after the armored figure had left the dead drop. If not for his somewhat unusual background, Ghan doubted that he would have known who they were at all. One of his father's advisors when he was still in power was a Chiss operative whose family had worked for Empty Night on occasion. A research project for later.

Ghan cycled through frequencies to see if the Spec Force squad had met with any resistance. Static was all that could be heard. Ghan checked his HUD chrono. It had been well over an hour since the first visitor had left the dead drop, so either there had been no encounter, or the team had been annihilated. Ghan resigned himself to the latter conclusion and headed off towards the safehouse to look for clues.

Ghan's comm pinged. A text-only message began to scroll across his HUD. 'Your friend was less thorough than expected, nothing interesting to see. Old Timer's Cantina has much better entertainment. ASW:13'

Ghan's map corrected, showing him the shortest way to reach the cantina. It would be a long walk, so Ghan opted to use his speeder he had hidden nearby. He warmed up the engines and took off toward the cantina.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:46:58 PM EDT by Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy »

Zoronius Novar of the Fictory Legacy

• "Do or Do Not. There Is No Try."
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 08:50:02 PM EDT »

"Old Timers' Cantina. On it." Was all Zoronius could say. It wasn't far from where he was. But he couldn't help but worry. 'I'm the only one who can respond and I'm likely to be outnumbered, great odds' was all he could think. There is was again; that self doubt that seemed to haunt him his whole life...but he could not let that interfere. He pushed the thought back, "No Matter The Odds." he said to himself. That was one of the things that drew him to the league in the first place.

'The Corellian League doesn't care about the odds it faces. We band together to fight and aid the Republic against the forces that seek to destroy it. We won't fail. I won't fail.' Zoronius' little pep talk to himself seemed to work. He steeled his nerves and drew upon the force to increase his speed. He felt centered and calm again. Remembering the words of his first master "Calm your doubts, concentrate on your goal, clear your mind, & the Force shall free you." That was one of the first lessons/meditations Zoro had to learn in his training. He often was amused at how much he would draw on the basics, the first lessons, his master taught him.

CymStar

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 08:12:18 PM EDT »

Cymstar looked down at his data pad.  On the general league frequency he was receiving coordinates.  This was his first visit to Corellia, so they meant nothing to him.  Plugging them into the mapping function, he waited impatiently for the reply - Axial Park.  Cymstar gave instructions to the crew on bedding down The Crystalhouse and started to make his way out to the spaceport.  He transmitted word of his arrival to Master Ceid, and also to check whether anything more had been learned.

Cymstar relayed the information his brother McTavish had learned from the bounty hunter called Mithic, so that Ceid could remained fully informed on developments.  Cym had done a lot of thinking about what possibilities rested in the eavesdropping in the cantina.  Was it even connected?  Hard to know, though it was very interesting that the transmissions occurred on an old TCL frequency.  Isolated events, or a larger connection?  Difficult to know.

Cymstar had the crew pull his speeder out of the cargo bay.  Running was over-rated, he thought, as spooled up the engines and headed to Axial Park...

Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

CymStar

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 05:31:06 PM EDT »

Cymstar arrived and Axiel Park and found exactly nothing going on.  In impatience and frustration he looked at his data pad a second time.  Stang!  He had entered the coordinates wrong.  He re-entered them and waited for the map to resolve.  Loyal Valley...no, no, that's not right.  He fussed with the controls a little more - there, Labor Valley.  Obviously, Cymstar thought to himself, he would have never succeeded in the paramedic career field.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kandoo leaned back against the wall, his blaster ready, and punched the door panel.  The door hissed open, but there was very little noise from inside.  The stench of blaster fire filled the airspace - acrid, bitter.  Kandoo looked carefully around the corner.  Well, there it was.  It looked like the whole squad was dead or nearly so.  Then, Kandoo spotted Creek.   Anxiety gripped Kandoo and his heart accelerated noticeably.

Kandoo moved quickly to the inside of the door and hit the door panel switch again.  The doors hissed closed.  He moved over to where Lt. Carliste Creek was lying on the floor.  Kandoo pulled off Creek's helmet.  Good, there was breathing going on here.  Kandoo reached in his med kit and and pulled out a stim.  Kandoo injected Creek and set his shoulders and head gently against the nearby wall.  Kandoo then began to move around and check on the others.

"Ok, Inventory time", Kandoo muttered to himself.  One soldier without his right arm, too late to help him.  Another dead from blaster fire.  "Hold on", Kandoo thought.  "How do you lose your whole arm to blaster fire?"  He went back to check the dead soldier.  The amputation was total, which would suggest a grenade.  But there were no pieces of shrapnel in any of the walls except one.  That signature looked more like a concussion grenade - no fragments, but a distension of the wall structure near the impact.  That would have been painful.  A concussion grenade in a closed room, no place for the blast to go.  The increase in air pressure would have been devastating.

How would that explain the severed arm?  Kandoo found the other part of the arm on the floor by Lt. Creek.  He looked at the wound end of the stub and noticed that it was cauterized.  That would have to be a light saber.  There! Under the two bodies in front of Creek.  Kandoo lifted the dead soldiers off the Sith.  Wow.  This guy had enough blaster bolt burns in him to make up for the whole squad.  Did everyone get a hit on this guy before he set off the concussion grenade?  What was he thinking?  How did he expect to leave after torching off the grenade?

Kandoo heard Creek groaning.  Good, the stims are working.  Kandoo continued around the room.  "Eight men, three dead.  Five out of service but living including one Lt. Creek.  One Sith with so many blaster marks it looked like a laser surgical robot gone bad," Kandoo thought.  Kandoo worked with his med kit to try and field dress the injuries and sat soldiers up against the nearest wall.  He stuck a sand-filled mini Sand Panther on top of Creek's helmet.  Kandoo had had a bunch of them made up on Tatooine after Creek invited Kandoo to join the Sand Panthers. The little trinkets had their uses.  Kandoo set the helmet with the little sand panther on the floor in front of Creek.

Kandoo unshouldered his blaster, found a piece of furniture to rest behind and waited.  There was obviously much more to this story then Kandoo had picked up on comm traffic.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:55:29 AM EDT by CymStar »

Naenlor

• X-Patriots
  • I will protect the Republic, by any means.
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 08:40:35 PM EDT »

The winds roll through the hills of Voss, as Naenlor walks out of the Temple of Healing after mediating with many of the Voss healers that live in the temple. Naenlor has grown to respect and admire the Voss for their understanding of the Force, and he spends much of his time studying with them, hoping to learn their ways.

Arathyra, Naenlor's padawan, comes running from the speeder toward him in a frantic manner. "Master, Ceid from the league has sent you a personal message. We have not listen to it as it is a message for just your ears." She says after she catches her breath. "Very well, lets waste no time." Naenlor voices with vigilance knowing that it must be important for Ceid to send him a message. They both run to the speeder, and floor it back to the ship.

Once Naenlor gets to his ship, the Whitestar, he heads straight to his personal quarters. He enters a few commands onto the console in his room, and then the message from Ceid begins to play "...Please, if you value the league, wherever you are, planet-side, in the speeder traffic above, in orbit, do whatever is necessary to retrieve what was taken. Preserve the league, your our last hope." The message ends, and there is a grim look on Naenlor's face. He understands the huge security risk, and the possibe risk to the lives of very important people within the league. Naenlor enters some more commands into the console, then takes a second to collect his thoughts, and begins to speak. "Master Ceid. I am honored that you have reached out to me for help. I will head to Corellia right now and meet up with you to assist in anyway I can." Then he encrypts the message, and sends it on Ceids personal frequency. After the computer confirms that the message was sent successfully, he rushes to the bridge, and enters coordinates for Corellia. As the engines hum to life, Naenlor mutters to himself, "It has been too long since I have visited you old girl."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:02:41 AM EDT by Naenlor »
opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul

tcl_jedcred

Padawan Kymber

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 08:29:50 AM EDT »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:52:21 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Zoronius Novar of the Fictory Legacy

• "Do or Do Not. There Is No Try."
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:43 AM EDT »

Zoronius' heart was racing as he approached the location he had been given. There was little to indicate anything was really going on along his way, only a few extra CorSec in the area than what you'd normally expect.

As he reached his destination, Zoro noticed that there weren't really any civilians around at all. That was odd to him.

"Master Novar, I'm nearly at the rendezvous positon now, if you would so kindly save me something?" Came the voice of a young and eager sounding lass over his com.

"I'll wait for you here kid." Said Zoronius. "There's something odd I can feel it. I just can't place what it is. Be ready for anything." And with that Zoro waited patiently for his new ally. calmly studying his objective and meditating on the force.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:55:54 PM EDT by Zoronius Novar of the Fictory Legacy »

CymStar

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 10:40:20 PM EDT »

Cymstar arrived at the location in Labor Valley.  The coordinates pointed to a quiet structure to Cym's left.  Cym approached the door and activated the door panel.  Suddenly, all of Cym's force perceptions were alive and screaming - danger!  As his perception opened up to the force, time seemed to slow in inverse proportion.  The hiss of the door opening became very protracted, stretched thin, raspy.  The doors moved slowly open as Cym reached for his light saber.  Through the widening slit of the door, Cym saw the blaster activate, sending its deadly package straight at Cym's head. Hmmm, Cym thought to himself, this guy is an excellent shot.

Kandoo snapped alert when he heard the door panel activate.  He settled behind the desk and slowly let out his breath.  "Let's plan on an average height intruder, should place my first shot about there", he planned.  As the door started to open, Kandoo could see the intruder's outline and confirmed his own calculations concerning height.  Kandoo squeezed off two quick shots.

And Kandoo's mouth dropped open.  The intruder, faster than Kandoo would have thought possible, lifted his lightsaber, activated it and deflected both blaster bolts.  "No way", Kandoo muttered in disbelief.  He reached into his utility kit for a frag grenade, firing into the door at the same time.  The intruder deflected each shot, but the patterned was worrisome.  With each deflection, the return of the blaster bolt was working it way back along the wall towards Kandoo.  Kandoo tossed the grenade and hunkered back behind the desk.

Cymstar was concentrating harder than he had in a long time.  "This guy is good," Cymstar thought.  Sweat started to collect on Cymstar's forehead and the back of his neck.  His robes were flowing, distorting his body image to reduce the odds of a fatal shot.  As Cym deflected each bolt, he tried to walk them back towards his assailant.  Even while doing so, Cymstar stole furtive glances around the room - half a dozen bodies, scattered around the room with republic issued armor.  A sith on the floor riddled with blaster bolts. Obviously, this assailant was very good.  There could be no quarter given here.  Still, something was not right about the picture.

Kandoo was amazed again.  He was waiting for the explosion, but when it came it sounded distant...like it was outside! "Stang!"  He rolled to his right to avoid being in the same place as the eventual return fire, popped his blaster over the top of the desk and got ready to squeeze off several more rounds.

Cymstar had to act quickly when he saw the grenade roll out from the side of the desk.  He grabbed the grenade in the force and heaved it out the door.  Why did this not feel right?  What is it that is not making sense? Cymstar could feel his opponent moving to Cym's left.  Cym threw his lightsaber guessing at where the soldier would spring up to fire. The troopers were all sitting upright and orderly, not strewn about as they would during a fight!.  With great effort, Cymstar reached out to the lightsaber.

When Kandoo popped his gaze over the desk, that was the first time that he really felt that death was close.  The lightsaber was already in motion, spinning, headed towards the place Kandoo had chosen to come up and fire. There would be no time to react, duck or otherwise protect himself.  He fought against all the momentum his movement had generated trying to put his blaster barrel between  himself and the spinning lightsaber.  Then, the glowing blade stopped spinning and went straight into the wall beside his head.  Buried to the hilt.

"Stop, you morons", croaked Lt. Creek.  "You're on the same side, you idiots".

Cymstar called his lightsaber back to his hand and went over to Lt. Creek.  "Don't talk, conserve your energy".

Kandoo was pleased...it looked like the stims were starting to work.  He walked over to where Creek and Cymstar were.  Creek's eyes focused and widened a little as he recognized the distinctive robes of the master jedi.

"My apologies master moron," Creek's breathing was labored.  "...I...mean...Master...Jedi", Creek stammered, fading.  Ok, Kandoo thought, so the stims aren't working all that well.  Creek slumped back against the wall.

Cymstar turned to face Kandoo.  "Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Cymstar Crystalstryder".

Kandoo just couldn't keep his mouth from dropping open.  Clearly, this was a day full of surprises.  "I don't suppose that you would be related to a Dutch Crystalstryder?" Kandoo asked.

There was an awkward moment and Kandoo thought that he had offended the Jedi Master.  "He is my father," Cymstar stated sadly.  Kandoo almost regretted asking the question, but he had had to know.  Crystalstryder was not exactly a common name in the galaxy.  "How do you know my father?", continued Cymstar.  Kandoo related his experience during the invasion of Tatooine, and how Kandoo was little better than dead when Dutch found him.  Kandoo related how Dutch had commanded people to keep Kandoo alive and had recommended a specialist in Cybernetics to restore Kandoo to as near full health as was possible considering Kandoo's injuries.  When Kandoo finished with his tale, he thought that he perceived Cymstar's mood was brightened.

"It is beneficial to know that there is yet good in him.  It grows my hope and comforts me.  Thank you." Cymstar shared.  "Now, we should call a medical team for these wounded who are still living.  If you will do that, I need to step back outside and see if there are any clues to be found.  Then, you and I can compare notes and see what our next steps should be."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:17:25 PM EDT by CymStar »

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 12:18:28 AM EDT »

Ghan's comm unit icon went wild for a moment, then settled into the pattern for an open line to a room mic. So there were survivors from the Spec Force team. A hazy visual came through with the scratchy audio feed. From the fish-eye view, it was hard to identify the people in the camera's view, but one soldier was instantly recognizable.

Creek! What in the name of the Force was he doing there? He was supposed to be assigned elsewhere. Ghan almost opened his end of the link, but stopped when he saw the rest of what was going on. A Jedi Sage and a Spec Force trooper with Taris service sigils on his armor were talking to Lt. Creek. The feed was to weak to make out words, but Ghan recorded the feed anyway.

Ghan continued his winding path through the streets and back alleys of Coronet. With half his attention on piloting his speeder, Ghan opened a line to one of his contacts.
    "Tell someone in this Corellian League that one of their intruders is dead. Looks like a Sith of some kind, but I can't get more than that from my friends at the site. There was a confirmed hit on the safehouse you warned me about, can't tell casualties at the moment, but there are some. Ghan out."

A deep-space comm relay beamed a message through a series of other relays and planetary boosters, and eventually to the comm code of a certain Ceid Ankoun. "One of your intruders is dead. A debt incurred is always repaid. Vode An."

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 01:20:20 AM EDT »

Carliste groaned, slowly waking up.  His eyes opened to see one of Kandoo's joke panthers sitting on top of his helmet.

"Heh, I must be in the Nine Hells.  If it were Heaven Darienne would have been here, not Kandoo."

No such luck, though.  Carliste hurt all over, and pain meant life.  He started to raise a hand to get Kandoo's attention, but it hurt to move, so he just relaxed for a moment.  Then the door steamed open and Kandoo opened fire.  Carliste's eyes snapped to both sides, taking measure of the battlefield.  Kandoo...and a Jedi?  Stop!  Wait!

The words got stuck between his head and his mouth, he couldn't say anything.   Meanwhile, the two of them got closer and closer to killing each other.  Desperate, Carliste summoned all his strength and called at the top of his lungs, "Stop fighting ya morons!"  It came out as a croak, but it had the desired effect.  They stopped.

"You're on the same side, idiots!" he rasped out as the Jedi walked over.  He said something, but Carliste didn't quite understand what was said.  He was still annoyed at the two of them, though, so he got another dig in.  "Apologies, MASTER moron," he bit out before falling against the wall again.  Okay, not so good.  He had just enough strength to look around and see the squad start to wake up.  The rook had jumped in his way, lost an arm because of it.  Tough kid, he was wak...

The kid in question managed to force himself upright.  He went to put his right hand to his head, but didn't feel anything.  Looking down, he noticed a distinct lack of anything where his arm should have been.  He started gasping in shock, then looked around.  A Jedi and another trooper were standing over the Lieutenant, talking.  The Jedi left the room, and the trooper bent over Lt. Creek again.  "Hey, HEY!"

The soldier turned to look over at him, surprise written on his face.  "I thought you were dead, kid."

"My arm, where's my arm!"  The kid started to panic, and the trooper dashed over to him to keep him down.

"Relax, kid.  I'm Kandoo, from Sand Panther Squad.  Your arm's gone, you jumped in the way of a lightsaber.  You're lucky to be alive."

"Lightsaber...right...Sith Lord, and a Mandalorian.  Think there was a Chiss too."

Kandoo pointed at the smoking corpse.  "That the Sith?"

The kid nodded.  "That's him.  Armor cams should have the attack.  Thought he had us after the concussion rockets.  Who got him?"

Kandoo shrugged.  "I was hoping you could tell me."

"Sorry sir, I lost it when those rockets hit.  I don't know.  My arm..."

Kandoo could only shake his head.

Thraxis stopped running, panting heavily.  "What happened back there, mercenary?"

Jacson pulled to a stop, then backtracked to where Thraxis was standing.  "They had an anti-detection suite set up in the room, I didn't see them.  They got the drop on us."

"And Kaedra?"

"Dead before I got my rockets off.  I got every one of them though.  Now let's move, we're going to cut through the Blastfield Shipyards, I need your eyes open."

Thraxis nodded.  "One thing, though.  I don't trust you.  Give me the Data cylinder."

Jacson hesitated, then nodded.  He pulled a cylinder out of a pocket in his armor, checked it carefully, then handed it over.  Thraxis then checked it himself.  Aside from a small scratch, it was whole and undamaged.  He nodded, satisfied, then slipped it into a hidden pocket in his jacket.  "Let's move."

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 10:16:25 PM EDT »

Ghan's eyes flicked over his HUD map. The route it sent him on was getting more complex, guiding him through back alleys and half-lit passages. Ghan slowed down his speeder to get through a refuse-packed alley, then reached a main thoroughfare. Ghan gunned the engine, accelerating quickly. A dadita pulse came over Ghan's comm.

inbound landing at shipwright auxiliary shall i work with you or the league

Ghan was about to compose a reply when the HUD map indicated a sudden course change. Ghan wheeled the speeder around, pulling g's similar to a starfighter, and barely made the turn. Ghan's armor collision sensors went off a mere fraction of a second before the speeder bike's, but neither were fast enough to prevent running head-on into a pair of pedestrians. The pair seemed to be having some kind of disagreement, which worked to their benefit as they were standing apart. Ghan's speeder crashed straight into one of the pedestrians, lifting him off his feet, and driving him backward for many meters. Ghan had jumped off his speeder when the alarms had sounded, and landed hard on his side. The figure that had been struck by the speeder was encased in full beskar'gam, but was still slow in getting up. Ghan turned his attention to the other figure, throwing a cryo technologies grenade to buy some time. Ghan unslung his assault cannon and used a tech override code to fire a concussion round instantly. The Chiss, for so the figure was, dropped like a rock. Ghan then turned his attention to the Mandalorian he had hit with his speeder bike.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:19:52 PM EDT by Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy »

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 05:09:07 AM EDT »

Jacson was about to start running when an idiot on a speeder bike crashed into him.  The upgrades to his Beskar'gam kept him from being pulverized, but his head started ringing anyway.  The pilot, a Republic Commando in full battle gear, was on his side a few meters away.  Jacson struggled to regain his feet as Thraxis unslung his blaster rifle, only to be frozen with a cryo grenade then knock unconcious with a concussion round similar to Jacson's rockets.

"Big mistake," Jacson snarled.  He grabbed his blasters and let loose a flurry of bolts at the armored figure, then triggered his jetpack and propelled himself forward, punching with both hands.

Giant Lizard Puppy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 22 queries.