The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 27, 2017, 08:21:43 PM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Catch the world premiere of "Corellian Death Worm" tonight on CTV! - Would you like to know more?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)  (Read 20676 times)

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
[N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:20:16 PM EDT »

Comment Thread

Ceid stormed towards the hollow terminal in the League Lore Keepers' Chambers in a top secret facility on Corellia. Close behind him were Celadon Vhol and Jaxon Rone and two others. The look on Ceid's face was not that of panic, but it definitely showed great concern.

Ceid entered a few commands into the Holo terminal with great speed, then started talking.

"This is Master Ceid Ankoun, Lore Master of the League Keepers. I am transmitting on an open Channel, hoping to reach as many carriers of the shield as possible. As of thirty minutes ago, our secondary facility was attacked by three force users. The facility was empty except for automated defense droids. While we have had minimal collateral damage and no loss of life, extremely sensitive and top secret holo documents with level six classification were stolen from our data banks. The most dangerous is a holo document with the names, images, background information and locations of League members and agents throughout republic and imperial space. I can not stress enough the urgency of this matter. It is imperative to get this document back. The attackers' origins and affiliations are not clear, possibly imperials. According to security cams, they dawned form fitting, all black medium armor with black helmets covering their faces. All three were armed with lightsabers with black-silver power Crystals." Ceid closed his eyes for a second, and hoped that his message would reach members of the league fast enough. "Please, if you value the league, wherever you are, planet-side, in the speeder traffic above, in orbit, do whatever is necessary to retrieve what was taken. Preserve the league, your our last hope." With this, Ceid shut off the transmission.

He turned to his comrades and spoke. "Hopefully someone out there heard us."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:49:00 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »

CymStar

Re: [N-C] Aiding The Keepers of Lore (Open RP)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:01:24 PM EDT »

Cymstar was in the tapcaf when he heard the comlink chirp.  He took it out of the pocket in his robe and listened to the message from Master Ceid Ankoun.  Cymstar's forehead wrinkled as the message progessed.

"I'm guessing that can't be good news" suggested Cymstar's brother, McTavish.  Cym hadn't even known he had a brother when on Alderaan.  Being the youngest meant there were a lot of things he didn't know, he guessed.  He had run across Mctavish in one of the spaceports.  The facial resemblance was obvious and the force felt familiar.  Cym snapped his attention back to the present.

"The message says that someone broke into the League facilities.  Sliced into the systems and made off with all our personal data.  I would guess that means no more silent runs for you, big brother."

"Isn't that always the way.  You just get to where you think you can settle in for a little family time and some nefarious person slices your data"

"Oh, like you NEVER did that!", Cym replied.

"Ok, Ok, maybe ONCE", Mctavish laughed.  His face turned more serious.  "Probably a good idea if we don't make it too easy by all being in the same place as you when they come to pick you up"

"Thanks for the vote of confidence.  Love you, too, brother."

"Let me see if Mithic has anything on the holo for news", McTavish offered as he stood up to leave.

"Mithic?" Cym asked.

"A bounty hunter I gave a lift to Nar Hutta a while back.  I hear he's doing OK, got a ship, picked up a crew.  Straight shooter, in more ways than one.  Helps the imps out from time to time, but mostly an independent.  His real name is Mith'cymp'runn, or something guttural like that.  Chiss.  Hurts my throat every time I try to say it, so I shortened it up to something easier.  I'll let you know if I come up with anything.  He has a sister who works in imp intelligence - he should be able to find out something."

Cym placed a hand on McTavish's shoulder and looked him in the eye.  "Just watch your back".

"Now, don't you go all force-mysticey on me.  It was nice to find out I have a younger brother.  Don't make me wish for the old days before I knew about you," McTavish warned.  "I've been around the galaxy a few times, myself"

"I am sure you have been.  Never the less, these times are becoming more hazardous.  I am going to seek out Master Ceid to see if any more has been learned.  I will pass you what I can".  With a final look at each other, they turned in opposite directions.  Cym needed to get to his ship.
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Tactical Response Commander
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:26:39 AM EDT »

Three forms dropped to the ground behind an AA turret on Corellia.  All three were clad in black armor and black masks.  They spread out, two advancing in an inverted triangle formation to protect the third.

In front of the turret, a pair of CorSec officers shivered in the cold night air as they patrolled.  "I'm not used to it being so damned cold this time of year," muttered the first one.  His partner snorted a laugh.

"Would you rather be assigned to the Zoo, dealing with all the escaped animals?"

"Well at least we wouldn't be freezing."

The three black-clad shadows edged around the turret until they were behind the officers, then one of the front runners propelled himself forward with the Force.  A black and silver blade cleaved one in half, and before his partner could react the blade whipped around and beheaded him.  The killer looked around, then waved his companions forward.  The other front runner grabbed the two halves of the first officer and dragged it out of sight, then watched as the killer levitated the body of the second and dropped it behind the turret.

"Area secure, my lord," the second guard said in a clipped imperial accent.

The first nodded, deactivated his lightsaber, and popped an access panel loose from the turret.  He reached in and pulled out three bags, tossing two of them to his subordinates.  The third form pulled off his helmet, revealing a set of cybernetics and three scars over his eye.  "Do you think they bought it?" he asked in a guttural whisper.

The other two also pulled off their helmets, revealing the blue face of a Chiss and red tendrils of a Sith Pureblood.  "It matters not, mercenary.  Let's move, I want that data to the technicians by dawn."

The pureblood pulled off the armor and began buckling on a set of black armor with wide shoulder pauldrons that he'd pulled out of his bag.  The silver cylinder with it's colorless crystal was stowed in the bag and replaced with the traditional blade of a  Sith, slightly curved and spiked at the emitter.  He snapped it on to reveal a red blade with a black core, and a part of him relaxed for the first time since it had left his side.

At the same time, the human cyborg buckled on a set of Mandalorian beskar'gam and settled a t-visor helmet over his face, then strapped a pair of blasters to his sides.  The Chiss just pulled on a coat and settled a blaster rifle on his shoulder.  He alone kept the silver blade at his side.

"I'm told the colors of a Mandalorian's armor has significance," the Chiss muttered at his companion, "What's yours mean?"

The faceless helmet looked at the Chiss for a moment, then said, "Verd ori'shya kaysh beskar'gam.  Suvarir?  Ask me when we're not in enemy territory."

"He's right," the pureblood said, "Let's move.  Mercenary, do you still have the data cylinder?"

The mando touched a compartment in his armor and nodded.  Then the three of them ghosted away into the night.

cdr_opcomm_tarnishedsoul cdr_opcomm_sunflare
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 02:07:53 PM EDT »

Cym sat in his wardroom meditating.  What advantage would there be to a theft of the data from the League?  There were the obvious answers, of course.  Flushing out spies, putting out bounties on opposition leaders, persuading smugglers to switch sides for credits - these would all be standard and dangerous enough as stand alone issues.

But there was a sense of something much larger in play, Cym just could not put his thoughts on what it could be.  It made sense that Cym's first move should have been to contact Master Ceid.  As the person who discovered the break-in, he would certainly have some opinions of whether this was a target of opportunity or something larger was at hand.

Cym left his chambers and walked forward to the flight deck.  Cranston, a retired starfighter pilot, was in the command chair.  He had joined the crew when Cym was going to Tython to report back to the Council.  Cym had been moving through the hangar toward his spaceship and saw Cranston out of the corner of his eye.  Cranston looked a little lost.  There was a flicker then, something in the force, and Cym knew that he should speak with the man.  In conversation, Cym learned that Cranston had returned home from his last posting to find Balmorra overrun and his wife killed.  No word on his children, but they weren't there anymore.  These thing resonated with Cym, remembering the attacks on Alderaan while he was in university.  It seemed that the appropriate thing to do was to offer for Cranston to pilot Cym's Defender-class starship, The Crystalhouse.  Confirmation came as quickly as Cranston's acceptance of the offer.  It would provide a temporary home, in the familiarity of space, while Cranston thought through his next move.

And, frankly, it had freed Cym from flying.  It did seem like he had had much more to think about since his first encounter with Master Shan on Alderaan. 

"Let's see if I can find Master Ceid", Cymstar said...
Valor 80 - Woot!  Woot! On to better PvE stuff. <br/> <br/> opcomm_sunflare camp_lsesldr <br/> Interested in RP?  Check out TCL's RP backstory and guidelines here:  http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php?board=16.0

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:31 AM EDT »

Ceid stood again at the holo terminal, he was alone this time. Now he awaited to speak to his fellow council members. As the council was the highest authority in the league, all actions he would take had to be approved by the council as a whole; it didn't matter that he held a seat in it.

The Com room went dark and the holo transmitter came to life, washing the room with eery blue light. On the holo came six people, a mix of Jedi, troopers and civilians. Each on of them was oriented in a different position, some of them were moving, one was even running. It was obvious that they were not in the same place, and some of them were even on missions, the councilors were aware of the seriousness of the situation and found the time join the meeting. Perhaps some were coming to aid, or so he hoped.

"Master Ankoun, greetings brother." Said one of the Jedi.

"Brothers of the shield." Said Ceid as he bowed slightly.

"What the hell is goin' on Ceid? All of our information was stolen under your watch?" Said a dangerous looking civilian that showed a deep familiarity with Ceid.

"It was not under his watch, it was the secondary facility, supposed to be top secret. Do I even want to ask how they found out about it?" Another civilian spoke.

A calm debate rose for a few minutes regarding relocation of all League bases of operation and a refurbishing of all security measure and communication protocols. During this, Ceid's personal holo communicator chirped.

"Brothers!" Ceid interrupted with a calm but raised voice. "I wanted to make you aware of the situation, but you already know it. So let me just assure you, I have taken measures to rectify the situation, and the attackers will not leave Corellian space alive." Ceid felt that statement was easier said then done, but he would try everything in his power to make it true. "I must take my leave to oversee the situation. Wish us well." With this Ceid shut off the holo communicator and quickly turned and looked at this personal com. It was Assad.

"Assad." Said Ceid to his cousin.

"Ceid, your message was received far and wide. Lots of leaguers are converging on the Corel System. Also, two CoreSec officers failed to report to headquarters while on patrol near the edge of the city. Could be a connection there." Assad said in rapid succession. The first thing Ceid noticed was that Assad was being too serious, he wasn't his relaxed and easygoing self.

"Perhaps, I will go there now, thank you brother."

"No need to thank me man, I'll meet you there. I will make this CoreSec report public and transmit it to all known league channels, all leaguers who are coming will know were to start." Assad said and turned off the call.

Ceid took off turning through the facility until he came to an exit leading into back allies of Coronet city. As he came closer to the street, he looked up to the sky. The black night sky of Corellia was made magnificent by the starts and the speeder traffic above.

Ceid looked forward in front of him with renewed resolve. "This ends here." Ceid then ran through the streets of Coronet towards the last known coordinates of the missing officers.

Zoronius Novar of the Fictory Legacy

• "Do or Do Not. There Is No Try."
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:13 AM EDT »

Zoronius was relaxing from his latest mission, while his Defender hummed through hyperspace, when C2-N2 came into the cockpit.

"I'm sorry to disturb you sir, but there appears to be an urgent message for you."

"From the council or a republic officer?" Zoro replied.

"Neither sir, it's on a private channel from...Corellia sir. You've ordered me to leave those messages for your eyes only sir. I do not know what it is or who it is from sir." C2 stated.

Zoronius sat straight up. He rubbed his hands over his face in an effort to awaken himself further. "I'll take this here C2. You're dismissed."

"Very well sir. I am happy to comply." C2 said as it turned around and left the cockpit.

Zoronius shut the door to the cockpit behind C2. He stood up from his seat, entered in the correct pass code he has set for the League's channel on his ship, & selected the message that awaited him.

"This is Master Ceid Ankoun..." Zoro listened intently to the message. "...Preserve the league, you're our last hope." The message finished and Zoronius quickly checked his navigation systems. "Good, " he said out loud, "just a minor change in route and I can be there quickly." He punched in the alterations to his course and felt the vibrations of his ship as it changed its direction. He kept the cockpit closed off.

He was about to exit hyperspace when another message came through. This time it was informing everyone of a possible connection between 2 CoreSec officers failing to report in, at the edge of the city, and the attack on the league. Zoro left hyperspace and sent a message quickly to Ceid.

"Master Ankoun. Zoronius Novar here I've just entered orbit and have received the message regarding suspicious activity at the edge of the city. Do you wish me to find the nearest landing there or meet up else where with any others that are responding to the situation?"

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:26:41 AM EDT »

Daylight found the three thieves stuck in Axial park and Kaedra in a foul mood.  The Chiss agent had worked with the short Sith Lord long enough to know to avoid inflaming his temper, but Jacson was not so accommodating.

"Would you stop your growling," he snapped from beneath his helmet.  Kaedra spun and snapped his blade on, the blade at Jacson's throat.

"I don't care if you are Lord Olrac's pet," he growled, glaring at the mercenary, "Speak to me in that tone again and it will cost you your HEAD!"

Jacson didn't flinch at the Sith's reaction.  "It's hard to listen for Republic patrols with you snarling like a caged nexu, laserbrain.  Now unless you want to walk right into an ambush, you'll put that blade away and close your mouth so my armor sensors can pick up patrol locations."

Kaedra snarled again, then sheathed his blade and returned it to his side.  Jacson pointed to the north and set off.  Mitth'raxi'stra, the Chiss, cocked his head at Jacson.

"The safehouse is that way," he muttered, pointing to the east.

"I'm aware of that, assassin.  There's also a platoon of SpecForce that way, and not all of us can use a shield generator."

The last comment was said looking directly at Kaedra, who bristled at the remark.  "Some of us prefer a straight fight," he shot back.

Jacson snorted and held up a hand.  "Stay here a moment, I'm going to check to make sure nothing's still lurking between here and the Zoo."

Thraxis nodded.  "Do that, but leave the data cylinder here," he said, holding out his hand.  Jacson hesitated a moment, then pulled it from a side pocket and tossed it to the Chiss before heading north.

Once safely out of sight, Jacson started to run.  After about two minutes of sprinting, with aid from the servomotors in his armor, he came to a small pile of rocks set to form the Mandalorian letter X.

"X marks the spot," he muttered, digging a shallow hole under the center stone.  He pulled up the durasteel lockbox buried there, then popped it open and pulled out a datacylinder identical to the one Thraxis was holding, save a small scratch on the side.  To outside eyes it was just a scratch, but a Mandalorian would see it as the letter "F".

"F for fake," he muttered again, secreting the code cylinder he'd gotten from his League contact in a pocket in his armor.  He quickly reburied the lockbox and dropped a homing beacon on top of it's hiding place.  Still in the box was a note, written in Mandalorian.

"Ganar mirshko, gar ranov'la morut'yc.  Ut'reeyah Ca."

Leaving the spot, he keyed his armor servos and sprinted back to where his companions were waiting.

Giant Lizard Puppy

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 08:29:19 AM EDT »

On the way to the last know coordinates of the CoreSec Patrol, Ceid was joined by his cousin Assad. Without sharing much words, they both hurried to the scene.

Upon arrival, they found teams of CoreSec officers and investigators and forensic specialists. "Damn, guess their fate is no longer a mystery." Assad said, taking no pleasure of the scene in front of him. Ceid nodded in agreement with almost no emotions in his face, except a micro frown betrayed his calm for a moment.

Ceid walked forward and the first responders to the scene greeted him as it was standard procedure to do for Jedi; His affiliation or position within the league was not discussed. The Officers informed him that their brothers in uniform were found dead. When Ceid asked how it happened, the Lieutenant lead Ceid and Assad to center of the crime scene and to the forensic scientist that knelt close form the bodies that were covered with Green cloth from head to toe.

"Master Jedi." The man greeted and then continued. "These officers weren't a target of no gangs." Assad shifted uncomfortably in his stance at the officer's words. But it went without notice. "These men were killed by force users." The officer continued and then grabbed the edge of the green cloth and pulled it off of one of the dead officers. Ceid's nostrils flared in a moment of uncontrolled anger at the sight of the dead man in front of him. He did not let it take a hold of him however. "As you can see Master Jedi, this man was killed with a lightsaber. Cut in half, a very clear strike."

"And the other?" Ceid asked.

"The other is different, it is strange, his body shows signs of suffocation, but no marks are found on his neck or body to prove this." The forensic scientist explained.

"Force choke, it is obvious, speaking from personal experience here." Assad interjected. And Ceid could only agree.

Ceid's Com chirped and he turned around and answered the call. "Master Ankoun. Zoronius Novar here I've just entered orbit and have received the message regarding suspicious activity at the edge of the city. Do you wish me to find the nearest landing there or meet up else where with any others that are responding to the situation?"

"Master Novar, it is good to hear from you again. Could you instruct your crew to intercept any none Corellian vessel that leaves orbit? We have already halted all outgoing orbital traffic for the time being with the help of CoreSec. Anyone leaving now might be connected to the attack. Might need you to come ground side however, we do not have enough manpower down here." Ceid finished and looked to the bodies one last time.

Ghanikavhett Sheteshoy

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 12:31:49 AM EDT »

Ghan slipped his macrobinoculars back into their side pouch. His informant was well informed indeed. Ghan had found the marker mere moments before, acting on a tip from one of his most trusted allies. The armored figure left something behind, then left at a run back in the direction he had come. Even with magnification as high as he could boost it, the item left behind was too small to make out at this distance. Ghan was about to call in his observations, when his passive scanners picked up a presence scanning his vicinity. Ghan shut down all armor systems except his anti-detection countermeasures. A technology he had developed with the help of his sister, Ghan had the closest thing to stealthed Heavy Armor as anyone was likely to get. Granted, it wouldn't fool a ravenous womp-rat in visual range, but to even advanced scanner systems, the armor was all but invisible. Combined with Commando training in deception and camouflage, Ghan had yet to meet a patrol he couldn't evade if he so desired. However, the system scanning the area was more advanced than anything Ghan had ever encountered. Ghan boosted his interference algorithms and settled in to wait. Hopefully the Spec Force team he had sent to the potential safe house had been a nasty surprise to whomever was using it.

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:41 AM EDT »

"...We do not have enough manpower here."

And with that, Zoronius opened up his ship's internal com system. "Listen up everyone, there's trouble on the ground that I need to attend to. I need everyone to stay on board and monitor any ships that try and leave the area. I'm heading for the docks." Zoro began the proper sequence to bring his ship into the nearest dock where the CoreSec officers were found dead. He figured it would be logical to secure/search the port and work his way to the retreating saboteurs.

"Dock 9459, this is Jedi Knight Zoronius. I am coming in for a landing. My crew will then take my ship back into orbit. I realize all orbital traffic has been locked down. I'm sending some additional security codes for you to verify that I am on official business to stop what is happening down there." Zoronius sent the Jedi recognition code, as well as a code that he was told to use if it was official league business (only to be used in an emergency).

There was a pause. One that seemed like an eternity before a response came. "Very well Master Zoronius. This is lieutenant Dworak. We have a space for you're ship. You're crew can leave to monitor orbital traffic once we perform a thorough scan. Understood?"

"Loud and clear lieutenant." Zoro responded.

Once his ship landed, he gathered his robes and jedi armoring, along with his special lightsaber (a 'great' lightsaber as some would call it because of its extra long blade). He put on his belongings, as well as a few extra gadgets in his belt pouches, and left the ship. The LT Dworak was there waiting for him, along with two armed officers.

"Master Zoronius" he made a slight bow, "it is good to see you in person now. I apologize, but you can not leave the port until the scan is done. It's standard procedure...well in a time like this we have to be thorough." L.T. Dworak was a Zabrak of average height. He had tan skin and no facial tattoos like some Zabrak get. The only things that stood out to Zoro about him were his bright green eyes and the 5 horns he had on his head. Zoronius had never encountered a Zabrak with so few horns before, but he had been told that they very.

"That is completely understandable L.T. Dworak. How long should this take?" Zoronius wasn't trying to sound impatient, but he knew time was off the essence.

"Not long at all. We began the scan the moment you docked. Just another minute now and my men will let me know what they find." The LT was very professional at least.

A minute later, almost on cue, L.T. Dworak received a message on his headset. He put his finger to his ear and nodded a few times. "Very well, thank you." He said to the person on the other side of the conversation. "It appears that you and you're ship check out, despite what appears to be a few extra modifications to a Defender class ship."

"A few had to be made. I've been in one too many  scrapes where, if I didn't have those, I'd be dead or captured by the Empire." Zoronius responded, trying to ease the L.T.

"No need for any explanations Master Zoronius." L.T. Dworak seemed to completely understand. "Go about you're business."

"Thank you lieutenant Dworak." Replied Zoro. "Oh, not like I have to tell you, but you and your men need to keep an eye out around here and other nearby ports. If you find anything suspicious, please let me know. Here is my personal com frequency." Zoronius handed him a piece of paper with his frequency on it.

"Of course Master Zoronius." The L.T. reached out and grabbed the piece of paper. "We'll let you know."

"Thank you again lieutenant Dworak." Zoro reached out and shook the L.T.'s hand.

And with that Zoronius left the port. He soon realized, he wasn't exactly sure where to go from there. He brought up Ceid on his com. "Ceid, I've made it to the surface. Sorry about the delay, but there was this lieutenant Dworak there that 'had to follow procedure'. Took a while, but no problems at least. I have the L.T. and his men keeping tabs on the other nearby ports as well. Who else do we have on the surface with us? I may have a plan."

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:56 PM EDT »

"Who else do we have on the surface with us? I may have a plan." Asked Zoronius.

"Unfortunately, Only Assad Ankoun and I, and a few leaguers in CoreSec and the space port are confirmed. A general distress call has been sent, many have received it, few have responded." Ceid said when Assad's com chirped, he then put his hand on Ceid's shoulder. "Stand by." Ceid said to Zoronious.

"My contact in CoreSec Communications, he is one of our own. He just contacted me with coordinates to a low level signal coming from Axial park. It is transmitting on a old league frequency. We should check it out." Said Assad eagerly.

"Forward the Coordinates to Zoronious and make it public on the League general frequency." Ceid ordered and then continued to Zoronious. "Master Novar, sending you coordinates to a strange signal being transmitted on the League frequency, we shall be there for the time being. Master Ankoun out." Cied said and both of the Ankouns head out to the trans network.

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 08:53:01 PM EDT »

Zoronius received the coordinates on his com system and transferred it to his data pad. Looking them over carefully, he reviewed all the relevant  map data he had about the location of the signal. "Hmmm...interesting." Zoro said out loud. His finger scrolled across the screen zooming in and out of different districts, zoo's, and parks around the area.

He quickly realized the path that the thieves had taken, took them through Axial park. "That is if that signal is any indication of where they are now, or where they are heading." He said to himself again. He began walking quickly towards the location of this strange signal. It was weird that it was an old league frequency; almost certainly this was not a coincidence. Either someone in the league had to stay silent and tail the thieves or their was a traitor among the thieves, in any case someone was tipping off the league.

"Ceid. Any idea if this signal could be designed to misdirect us?" Zoronius sent over the coms. "I know it doesn't really matter, it's the only lead we have. Let's just be prepared....for anything." Zoro said, quickly followed with a heavily encoded message: "My plan needs some small modifications, but the basic is pincer...we just have to coordinate right. You're following them and I'm trying to intercept; the trouble is that I'm not sure where to intercept exactly. Until then I'm taking the most logical course, for a fleeing thief, from the ports, to the location of the signal."

With that, Zoronius put away his data pad and began to hustle towards the signal.

Jurneth Creek/Lord Olrac

• Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • Known Troubleshooter
    • The Butcher Boards
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 12:51:32 AM EDT »

Jacson had his armor sensors running at full strength for the run back, not wanting surprises.  They were advanced models specifically designed for his armor to see through even the most advanced anti-detection systems, a gift from his bosses in the Empty Night.  His armor pinged and he stopped flat, looking around for the disturbance.  Nothing was out of place, however, and there were no further alerts from his sensors.  Still slightly suspicious, Jacson resumed his run.  He  got back to his partners in crime, panting slightly.

"We can't go north, a pod of aklay have established their territory just to the north of us.  The ruckus would bring security down on us."  Kaedra looked furious, but Thraxis nodded.  "South it is then,"and he said.  Jacson stopped him before he could set off.

"The data," he growled, holding out his hand.  Thraxis hesitated for a moment, then tossed the cylinder to Jacson, who slipped it into a compartment in his armor.  The three of them headed south, Kaedra on point, Jacson scanning for potential hazards and Thraxis on rear guard.

Giant Lizard Puppy

CymStar

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 09:38:10 PM EDT »

McTavish pulled back the chair and sat down.  "I don't suppose you could have picked a meeting spot with a little more comfortable atmosphere", he stated sardonically.

The voice was steady, even and as cold as a Hoth winter's night.  "Balmorra and Taris are both wreckage awaiting a mistake, Tatooine is hot in normal clothing and the sand does my servos no favors.  That left Corusant, Dromund Kaas or here.  Exactly which of those choices would you have picked?"

Yes, McTavish thought, that was him.  Mithcymprunn had always been a cool customer, even during that first hop to Nar Hutta.  It seemed like the time in between their visits had allowed experience to harden them both.  They had become more sure of themselves - but at a price.

"I have not made many friends on either side of the aisle", Mithcymprunn continued.  Mithcymprunn - everyone started to call him Mithyc after the last Great Hunt - was a Chiss who seemed to have gotten himself thrown out of the Ascendancy.  McTavish had bumped into him in a cantina on Alderaan.  The two had gotten on well and when they had torn up the place and were threatened by the bouncers, Mithyc had asked if McTavish knew any way to get to Nar Hutta.  At the time, McTavish was on his way to Ord Mantell and offered to drop Mithyc off at the Nar Hutta spaceport.  It was the last time they had met and it seemed like a very long time ago.  They spent some time filling each other in on their various adventures during the time in between, then Mithyc's voice grew a little cold and serious again.  "So back to my original question, why the need to meet?  It's not like either of us will improve our reputations by being seen with 'the other side'."

"My brother got a comm from a Master Jedi about some break-in on Corellia.  Three guys, black armor, black helmets, black-silver lightsabers.  These guys heisted some data cells.  My brother is interested in getting them back.  I don't know if there is any money involved, but I told him I would touch base with my contacts.  Have you or your sister heard anything in the chatter?"  McTavish took another drink from his glass.

Mithyc paused for a long second.  "It is not helpful for you to know about my sister, or her work," Mithyc stated.  

"I get that," McTavish replied, "and if I didn't think it was important, I wouldn't have asked.  If you haven't heard anything, just say so and I'll be on my way".

"So," Mithyc responded in measured tones.  McTavish put pressure against the back of his chair to stand up. Before McTavish could rise, however, Mithyc ignited his jet back and blew straight out of his chair past McTavish's left shoulder. McTavish stood rapidly, reaching for his blaster, spinning and crouching in a fluid motion.  He need not have bothered.  Mithyc's launch had landed both he and his target some meters away.  It looked like the fight was already over.

McTavish jogged over to Mithyc and the unconscious form crumpled on the floor.  "What was that about?"

"This guy was recording something."  Mithyc reached down and worked open the fingers of the body's right hand.  "Comlink. Do you recognize this frequency?"  McTavish read the frequency information and his gaze hardened considerably.

"Unfortunately, I do," McTavish admitted.  "I hang around with a collection of folks called the Corellian League. This looks to be one of their frequencies, but it seems old.  Do you recognize the owner?"

"No," Mithyc answered.  "But while he was listening to the comlink I was unconcerned. When he started transmitting after your comment about my sister, I got concerned.  Is it common knowledge that you work with this group?"

"I don't publish that info, if that is what you're asking.  At the same time, we both know that privacy is a rare commodity in these times.  There is a good chance that someone could put that information together without overworking."  McTavish sighed.  "Hey, I'm sorry about mentioning your sister.  She could be compromised now."

"She is Chiss and quite competent.  I would pity the team that tries to take her in.  At the same time, it now becomes more dangerous for us to be together or remain here.  And frankly, I don't like people listening to my private conversations.  No money - this is on me.  I'll stay in touch."  With that Mithyc  walked off, never looking back.

McTavish pulled out his comlink and contacted Cymstar.  After exchanging a few pleasantries, Cym asked - "How did it go?"  "Well," McTavish started, "we may not have hit gold, but we are definitely working our way up the periodic table..."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:52:57 PM EDT by CymStar »

Padawan Kymber

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 09:37:44 AM EDT »

The Padawan was asleep in her chambers dreaming of finally becoming a full-fledged Jedi Knight, when her holo-terminal started beeping. As she woke groggily from her sleep and stretched her arms out, T
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:41:01 AM EDT by Master Ceid Ankoun »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 22 queries.