• June 28, 2017, 04:44:27 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read The Jedi Gambit! by Greg "Rackham" Moran aka Kylun

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Operation Genesis (Closed RP)  (Read 3814 times)

Xerav

Operation Genesis (Closed RP)
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:10:00 PM EDT »

"Grand Master" A rough voice called from the comm "We are approaching Corellia now where would you like to go?" Grand Master Satele Shan  was mediating in her private chambers during her long voyage from Tython to Corellia. "Thank you Commander could you please land at the Corellian League's private spaceport."  
"Of course Grand Master" A loud click could be heard as the comm went off and the shuttle started to make its decent to the Corellian League's Spaceport. A hard thud rocked the ship as the repulsors started to wine down. "We have arrived Grand Master." The commander said over the comm. "You can Keep the Engines warm Commander i shouldn't be long." Satele straightened her Robes as she started down the loading ramp. Stepping off the ramp she noticed leaning on a stack of creates was a Human male He wasn't wearing a Republic Insignia or the Corellian League's so he must be a Smuggler. His Hat covered his face at first glance she thought it was the same smuggler that saved her form the Sith's invasion of Korriban back when she was a padawan. But she know that this smuggler wasn't him he was too young witch means there was only one person it could be. "You didn't run into too much trouble i hope Galen?" Satele said with a calming smile. Galen looked up and grinned "Nothing i couldn't handle."
They both walked down to the end of the bridge that connected the spaceport with the main building. At the main door two guards Stood at attention apon seeing the Grand Master of the Jedi Order approach them. "Can you two please send for these people i need to speak with them as soon as possible."  Satele handed the guard a data pad containing names of people from the Corellian League hand picked by the Grandmaster for this mission. One of the Guards took the Data pad and gave a crisp salute and went off to fulfill his order's. "Do you think these people could really finish what my brother started?" Galen said softly barley loud enough for Satele to hear. "These people are the best of the best if they cant do this then no one can not even myself." Both Galen and Satele walked threw the door's heading toward the conference room to wait for the other's to arrive.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:03:26 PM EDT by Avner »
"Hope will never be destroyed, not now. It'll survive anything else you can throw at it." - Galen Marek

[smg id=564 type=av align=center width=400 caption="Aeron Ardellian's Theme (Carmen Lucis Dissidia 012)"]

Liem

Re: Operation Genesis (Closed RP)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:42:41 PM EDT »

As Leim sat in the room he had rented over the out of the way cantina he had chosen to rest in, he thought about his training as a Mandolorian and how one of the most important lessons was to always be prepared to move. Looking around his room he realised just how much that lesson had affected his life, all the items he owned besides his beskar'gam could be fit into a bag and moved with little effort. Just as Leim began to settle in for a quick nap he heard the staccato tapping of boots on the polished floor outside his room. Reaching quickly for the blaster pistol that he had hid next to his bed Leim moved quietly to the side of his door and waited to see what this unknown visitor was going to do.

As the somewhat unexpected knock came Leim called through the door,"Who's there and what do you want?" Knowing that he had upset a hutt on Quesh and knowing what hutt's did to those that upset them Leim moved a little farther away from the door and towards the corner of the room. He was not suprised when the door to his room blew open and two trandoshans rushed in. Taking quick aim Leim put a blaster bolt through the head of the first trando just as the second tried to get a shot off. Using the momentary hesitation that was brought on by seeing his friend gunned down Leim rushed forward and tackled the second back into the wall. The trando tried to use it's tail to knock Leim off balance but he stepped in even closer and at the same time pulled the knife out of the trando's belt, quickly slashing the trandoshan across the throat. Before he turned away Leim shot the trando twice in the chest just to be sure then put on his armor and gathered up his gear.

He had paid for the room with an untraceable cred card and this particular establishment didn't have any security camera's so Leim was able to simply walk out of the front door knowing that there was no way for the bodies to be linked back to him. As Leim began to make his way towards the Corellian League's spaceport in order to sleep on his ship he noticed a trooper looking towards him. Just before he asked the trooper if there was a problem the trooper looked at a datapad then back at him and said,"Are you Leim Korre?"

Still feeling slightly suspicious of strangers Leim quickly realized that the only people who would be able to recognize him in full armor with his helmet on would be someone in the Corellian League. Even so Leim decided to remain alert until the trooper had explained himself,"Why do you want to know kid?"

Moving a little closer and whispering in a tone so low that Leim had to crank up his helmet's audio receptors to hear him the trooper said,"I have a request here from Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan, she asks that you join her in the Corellian League's conference room as soon as possible."

"Alright condsider the request passed along, I'll head right on over there soon as I've got me a cup of caf." Five minutes later and cradling his cup of hot caf in one hand and his helmet in the other Leim headed into the conference room and picked out a seat facing the door, as he passed the smuggler Leim gave him a quick nod in greeting then sat down to wait for the meeting to start.  

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:52:50 PM EDT by Leim »
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Trent

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:18:53 AM EDT »

Trent adjusted the magnifier as he rotated his removed implant around. It had been acting up ever since the Glass Maker Operation and he hadn
<br /><br /><br />Gear Link<br /><br />wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_narshaddaa wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine<br />

The Traven Legacy

• X-Patriots
  • Republic's Most Wanted
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:00:45 PM EDT »

Under her hood, her blood red eyes calmly examined every person entering the room. Every name had relevance, every person a history.

Satele Shan, Grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

Major Trent Dioscrui, Republic Military and decorated Corellian League Member.

Liam Korr, Republic Commando and Corellian League Member.

Galen Ardellian, the reason she was here. He trusted her, and that was enough to warrant her help.

She could sense everyone's discomfort of a Chiss at this meeting, with their ties to the Empire. Zeina, however, had no care for other opinions besides her own. She had connections with a few League members and had been trusted with their knowledge before, and worked alongside Katerina Traven in many degrees.

She kept quiet at her seat, patiently waiting.

Bina Fydan

• Can see what others cannot, feel what others can't
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:57:44 PM EDT »

Upon sleeping on her ship, merely a nap, a beeping noise was heard outside of her bedroom. Bina sat up quickly since it was the first time it had ever happened to her. Scrambling to her feet to walk to the next room where the holocom would be, a message was left for her.

"Urgent request for your presence at the Corellian League Conference." Was displayed. Purses her lips as she crosses her arms for few moments.

Wondering what has to be so important for her to show up, doesn't dare to question but hurries herself to change out of her everyday Jedi Consular attire to more formal for her taste. Soft dark blue jedi robe with filigree of sliver embroidery along the hems of robe and sleeves. Underneath would be of a lighter color to fit with the color of the outside of her robes. Exchanges her veil to a much decorative one with dangling blue jewels on either side of her face. Finally when all dressed, she sends her droid to set the warp to her Corellian League Conference room destination.

When arrived, she makes her way swiftly yet quietly into the conference room, bowing to each seated person in the room. " Hello everyone." Looking meek and professional with a slight smile.

What you see is temporal, what you don't see is eternal.
wb_coruscant wb_taris_1

Padawan Kymber

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:10 AM EDT »

Bril was seating in one of the
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:00:27 AM EDT by Bril Vida the Backstabber »

Xerav

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:27:32 PM EDT »

"Where is Amasro I thought the Republic was all about punctuality." Galen gave a slight chuckle as a attempt to lighten the tension. "I dont know he should have been here by.." Before Satele could finish her statement a Trooper came threw the door "I'm sorry Grand Master we were unable to locate Amasro apparently he is on Assignment and we dont know when he will return." "That is unfortunate but we will make do with what we got Thank you." The Trooper gave a quick salute and left the room. As the door closed Galen straightened up from leaning against the wall for the past hour. "I guess this is everybody then shall we get started?" Satele nodded in agreement and stood at the head of the table with Galen standing behind her to her right. "Good evening I want to thank you all for coming as quickly as you all did." Satele smiled as she scanned the room. "As some of you may already know my name is Satele Shan Grand Master of the Jedi Order and behind me is Galen Ardellian." Galen nodded his head in acknowledgement. "I sent Avner Ardellian to Illum to investigate a hidden Imperial Research Station." A hologram of the station appeared. at the center of the table "Avner's mission was suppose to be simple Infiltrate the facility as a scientist, Find out what the imperials are up to, and transfer any files he could to the Republic for Research." Galen lowered his head trying to hide his face under his hat knowing what was about to come. "This was Avner's last transmission." Satele hit the comm button as a loud string of static flooded the room. "*static* Imperal's *static* found a way *Static* Copy *static* into regular Trooper's *long string of Static* Mind Control *static* Jedi *static* must destroy *transmission ends in static*" Galen clutched his hands into fist's while the Message was playing his knuckle's were turning white from the pressure. Satele turned and put her hand on Galen shoulder and he relaxed. When the Transmission ended Satele turned and faced the others again. "This was sent to us three standard weeks ago and our scout's on Illum tell us that the Facility still stands and there has been no sign of Avner. We have tried orbital bombardment but there's shield protecting the facility. We also tried a frontal assault with no success the walls apparently are made out of mandalorian iron witch it highly resilient to blaster fire and even Lightsaber's and our troops were cut down by the auto turret's surrounding the facility"  A red circle's appaired around the map showing their location's as well as a bubble showing the shield. "Also for some reason we can sense what's inside the facility what ever is in there it interferes with the force ability's." Galen stepped forward leaning over the table "Whatever is in there they sure dont want us finding out what it is. And if they are going to this much trouble to keeping it hidden then it cant be good for us." Sateal backed up a step. "Galen's right we dont know whats in there and as far as we know Avner is in there dead or alive we dont know. I will turn over the rest of the briefing over to you Galen." Galen nodded and stood up straight. "Zeina intercepted a transmission from the facility requesting supplies from Korriban 4 days from now and they asked for a smuggler to transport it." Galen gave a big smirk "And guess who was the first one of offer at a cheap price." Galen switched the holoprojector to show a galaxy map. "Here is the plan We jump from Nar Shaddaa to Korriban, pick up the supplies, and we will be jumping randomly from system to system for 4 hours before we reach Illum. This is what the arrangement was when i offered my ship to carry their supplies." Galen crossed his arm's over his chest "once we are on Illum and the supplies are off i will convince the CO to let me stay at base for a while the rest of you fulfill the mission. These are your Primary Objective's Find out what the imperial's have been doing, save any data you can, find the central reactor and destroy it so the shields will come down and our capital ships in orbit can take out the facility. If we find out that my Brother is alive rescuing him will have to be..." Galen hung his head "will have to be Secondary and if by some reason he has been turned to the dark side." his knuckles began to turn white as he turned his hands into fists. "You have permission to kill him" Galen looked around the room. "are there any questions?"
"Hope will never be destroyed, not now. It'll survive anything else you can throw at it." - Galen Marek

[smg id=564 type=av align=center width=400 caption="Aeron Ardellian's Theme (Carmen Lucis Dissidia 012)"]

Liem

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:08 PM EDT »

As Leim listened to the briefing his mind immediately began to work out what materials might be needed for the mission. Since there would be no support once they were in the base they would need to bring everything in with them, which added to possibility of being caught.

When Galen finished his briefing Leim kept to himself. He had also been discreetly taking stock of the other beings in the room and cross-referencing them through his ship's database using retinal recognition as well as body movements and speech patterns. It was a nice feature he'd had installed in his helmet back when he was a bounty hunter, to find targets that might have had surgery to alter their appearance, and it still came in handy at times.

Well this looks like a pretty balanced group. We shouldn't have any problems taking out that base and maybe we'll even find Galen's brother alive.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:16:53 PM EDT by Leim »
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Trent

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:46:45 AM EDT »

Trent sat there and tried to put the pieces of the story together in a way that would make sense.
<br /><br /><br />Gear Link<br /><br />wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_narshaddaa wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine<br />

The Traven Legacy

• X-Patriots
  • Republic's Most Wanted
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 02:28:55 PM EDT »

Zeina leaned back, pondering the message. She hadn't heard of anything in the Empire related to Ilum in sometime.

" The Imperal's have found a way to copy something into regular troopers. Something about Jedi Mind Control, as well." Zeina recounted, her Imperial accent vibrant as she filled in blanks where she could. " Sounds to me like something big, Major Dioscrui. I haven't heard anything about the Empire's movements on Ilum."

"From what I've deduced... if they've found a way to transfer Force Sensitivity into regular troops, and control them, then this is a major threat to the Republic. An orbital strike could punch through the Mandalorian Iron, but the Empire wouldn't just sit by idly in space while we attack a major facility. "

She began pondering and connecting dots in her head on how the Empire operated and what moves they would most likely do.

Bina Fydan

• Can see what others cannot, feel what others can't
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 07:51:27 PM EDT »

Bina sitting quietly at her seat, carefully taking note at each seated person's auras and behaviors. Listening to the agenda from Satele and Galen. Couldn't help but keeping her focus on Galen, pursing her lips every now and then. When Zeina spoke her turn about the whereabouts and how Jedi Mind trick to the troopers could endanger the Republic after Trent's questions and suggestions, her face change expression to a deep concern.

Stood up rather quickly, slapping both of her hands onto the table making a slap thud noise due to the long sleeves covering her hands as she spoke with stern tone,
   "I have to agree with Trent you may have to get another group of us in a couple of weeks, and yes, Zeina- Is that what your name is right?- you're going to accompany us on this trip, are you not? I know with my deep force sight vision and unique gift for detecting others in most unusual way. Must say, something here and the information doesn't really add up but I do fear for the safety of Anver, if we get our act together and find him soon- as in soon- I mean now, or else we will be in deep trouble. If you have any questions regarding to my race as a Miraluka, now is the time to do so in the open. I assure you, Galen, I will bring your brother back even if he had fallen some. I will not bring justice by killing him."

Would stare at Galen for a moment or two before glancing around each person around the table. She quietly sits back down, slipping her hands into her draping sleeves meekly as she could. Inclines her head a tad as if she's meditating with her mind.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:54:25 PM EDT by Bina Fydan »

What you see is temporal, what you don't see is eternal.
wb_coruscant wb_taris_1

Padawan Kymber

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 06:28:35 AM EDT »

Bril stood there as he listened to the Master Jedi speak, and then he heard one of the troopers at the meeting voice his opinion. That this sounded like a trap, as the trooper asked when Imperials have ever asked specifically for a smuggler. But then again anything involving that dead planet Korriban is always asking for trouble, the young smuggler may get into his fair share of trouble, but anything to do with Korriban was just asking for it, like having a neon sign up saying that you were looking for trouble.
But then again you could always count on the Jedi to go digging for trouble, this was the reason why Bril preferred to keep his distance from Jedi, they always didn

Xerav

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 09:02:22 AM EDT »

Galen started to laugh "I like this group they are smart and don

Liem

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 08:38:09 PM EDT »

"So what kind of defense are we going to have against a weapon like this? Are we sure that the imps haven't perfected this mind control stuff? Killing force using troops won't be a problem but I don't see how we're supposed to defeat something we can't see." Leim thought back to when he was fighting as a mercenary and had come across some force users. Killing them had been easy enough with a squad of fully trained Mandolorian's wearing beskar heavy armor, but he also remembered how the force users had tried to worm their way into his mind and had actually made one of his squad mates shoot himself.

"It's definitely not going to be a walk in the park."

Trent

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 02:35:50 PM EDT »

He worked the new information into his current assessment of the situation. Given how important the cargo was, specifically the flower, the Imperials would probably send a representative along with it to ensure that it got to the desired destination instead of trusting a smuggler to transport such sensitive cargo on their own. Then there was the nature of how exactly Galen was selected to get the job. Were there bidders for it, thus indicating that more smugglers knew the job was taking place. If that was the case then they would have to take into consideration getting intercepted en route to the planet.

On the other hand, if he had been selected specifically then why? Could it be that he was being targeted because of him, his association with the league, or something else? He did mention that his brother, a Jedi, was possibly captured. Did his brother provide Galen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 22 queries.