• June 27, 2017, 11:47:19 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Read The Jedi Gambit! by Greg "Rackham" Moran aka Kylun

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anomaly's Journal  (Read 1437 times)

Rhonic

• X-Patriots
  • There's no way in hell you're going to beat me.
    • Twitter account Follow me
Anomaly's Journal
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:59:12 PM EST »

Entry 1.

My studies were interrupted today. A young girl named Amelia said she knew me, although we were both pretty sure we had never met.
We spoke about the force and it was clear to me that she had a very strong connection with the force. She had to ability to detect the force in others but not like the other Jedi or Sith she could see more. Its a mystery even to me.
I will try to unlock its true power over time. She has asked for me to be her teacher. It will be rough, For I have been Sith and Jedi over these many years, Now I am Neither.

I have taught her not to suppress her emotions but to not let them take over. I don't think she fully grasps it yet. She is still only a "padawan".. The title disgusts me, really.. As does the Sith version, Acolyte.
 Knowing that these factions are closing their pupils minds to one specific path. They should be free to follow their own interests. I have followed the path of Knowledge and have found true power. For I have bested both Jedi and Sith in the fields of combat.

Amelia is confused about having no "faction" to go to. It will be hard for her. Feeling Solitude and Loneliness. She will learn that the force will be her companion. Not to mention she will always have me, Her teacher, to offer guidance.
I have No doubt she will master the force and perhaps even surpass me. I hope that one day she will break free of the barrier the Jedi encased her mind in. She had an eagerness to learn about more than just the Jedi's hypocritical code and who am I to deny her.
 After all, The path of knowledge demands I pass on my learnings to any who wish to be taught.

It will be rough for me as well, I have not had a student in many decades and she is by far the brightest
student I have ever had.
 I just hope she can control the power that comes from freedom. Freedom from the close mindedness of the Jedi and Sith. Freedom to choose her own path and set her own goals.
The power can make one to egotistical and overconfident. That can lead her to madness and I cannot let that happen again.

We are staying at the Jedi temple on Tython, Grand Master Satele Shan of the Jedi Order has permitted me room and board during my time on Tython.
 She would like to bring me back into the Order but she will soon be disappointed. As are most Factions that try to bring me in.

Tomorrow will be a fresh start for both Amelia and Myself.
 I believe that with a fresh face and a new mind she will be able to soak in more teachings. Today must have been hard. When I met her she was undertaking the teachings of the Jedi. So she had conflicting thoughts.
I told her to return to her quarters with the temple and to rest and meditate about what I have said. Hopefully Amelia will come to me in the morning and tell me her thoughts. It is getting rather late and I should rest. I have a lot to ponder. I will write another entry tomorrow at the end of the day.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:15:27 PM EST by Rhonic »
cdr_opcomm_glassmaker

Rhonic

• X-Patriots
Re: Anomaly's Journal
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:37:19 PM EST »

Entry 2

Progress. Amelia is full of life, She questions everything in the hopes of learning more. She is gifted in the force. Amelia told me that she is having... Nightmares of sorts. They come in the form of fragmented memories from her past. She views these fragments from the perspective of someone else but not just through their eyes. She feels the dream, through them. I have been consulting my archives for a cure, a suppressant or at least something to help her control these fragments, So far.. nothing.

Her ability with the force is unmatched. I know some day she will surpass even myself If only she would stop trying to impress me. But she is young and fresh and has much to learn about life, love and the force.

My curriculum is not very large. She did interupt me during my expedition so she has just been helping me with my current studies. Once we leave Tython I will begin teaching her the basics of the force I have copies of the Sith and Jedi curriculum and I have been taking teachings from each to use for my curriculum.

The flesh raider of Tython are oddly well armed. The Techblades and Vibroswords are understandable, They were taken off the corpses of fallen Jedi Initiates, The blasters however.. They seem to be of civilian make, Not Sith or Republic weapons.. Is someone try to push the Jedi out? Or maybe just the Twi'leks in Kalikori Village?

The Idols around the flesh raider villages seem to have strange markings and after hours of study I have learned to translate a few. After translating nine Idol markings I have learned that it is "The age of the hunt" Where for 120 years they hunt the local prey. Unfortunately the local prey consists of Jedi, Twi'lek and off worlders like myself.

As I type this, I feel myself drifting off to sleep. There is so much on my mind, I don't think I can stay asleep. I must organize my Archive, organize my lessons for Amelia and Find a more permanent way of travel, Because taking shuttles is getting expensive. Maybe I can use my reserves to purchase a ship, I will discuss it with Amelia in the morning.

Amelia proves to be an even greater mystery, With each second her gift grows stronger as does her connection to the force. It is getting harder and harder to read her mind and sense her feelings. I do not fully understand her gift.. Is it clairvoyance? Is it the ability to possess people and objects. The latter makes sense. In her dreams she is in the body of someone else. Viewing her own memories from a different perspective.

I will have to ward myself in case she is able to posses minds. Just to protect my self until she learns how to control it. Force Possession is hard to master, It took me three decades to learn it myself but Amelia is gifted even at this young age she is almost as gifted as I am, and I've been around for centuries.

Amelia seeks to avoid violence. Sadly it is unavoidable, The fear of taking a life is an easy one to overcome and also a mandatory one. She needs to learn that she must use every resource possible. A perfect example. Earlier today she had a problem with speeder transport, She did not have an authorization pass, Instead of simple dispatching the droid she chose to wait and hitch a ride with someone. I understand that the person she rode with was a resource but it was a needless waste of time.

When someone has the disability of age time is everything. Once she masters the force to the level of agelessness  ONLY then will it be acceptable to wait. Until that day however she should just dispatch the droid and take the damn speeder! I must relax and center myself. I am tired, unable to focus my emotions, I will retire and sleep this off. Maybe tomorrow she will be fresh faced and able.

As usual I will write another entry tomorrow before sleeping.

cdr_opcomm_glassmaker

Rhonic

• X-Patriots
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:59:13 PM EST »

Entry 3

Amelia has made personal progress. Last night she honed her power and focused her dream visions, Which lead to the finding of two artifacts, ancient Datacrons.
These findings have renewed my interest in Tython. I hope tonight she focuses and finds more of these ancient artifacts, One is said to increase one's connection with the force and the other increases the pain threshold of the activator.

Amelia is a fine pupil and one of the most promising students I have taught. I hope she stays true to the path of knowledge and continues to listen to my teachings. I wonder if more are willing to learn and follow a path free from the single mindedness of the Sith and the hypocritical teachings of the Jedi order.

She has learned so much in so little time but she has so much more to learn. One day she will break free from the title of Student and become my Companion. My hope is to eventually see her take on an apprentice of her own. This can only happen if she masters the force to the level I have. I have doubts that can be achieved at times. Today however.. that has changed.. I have no doubt she can do it.

She went to bed to rest and meditate.. I continued on. I decided to take a peaceful stroll through Kaleth. The site of one of my first expeditions, I remember the excitement as Gregory and I found an old droid buried under rubble. We were so young, eighteen at most, so eager to learn and so eager to make discoveries and become famous a shame he went to the dark side.

My eyes grow heavy as I write this entry. I have a lot to meditate on and an even bigger thirst for knowledge. That force datacron really filled me with power. I feel younger and stronger, I even wrote more schematics for Amelia to study. She seems to have a natural ability to weave the fibers of the force into natural clothes and create some wonderful designs.

I myself have a natural talent for creating. My craft of choice is the creation of medicinal formulae. I even made a few stimulants from plants I harvested on Tython. I'll give a sample to Amelia and the rest to Grand Master Satele Shan as per our arrangement. That stubborn bat demands ten thousand relaxants before I leave the planet. I thought the Jedi used meditation to relax.

Which reminds me, I really should ask Master Syo Bakarn for that delicious Uxi Steak recipe. Bah! look at me.. I'm so tired that I'm rambling about food. I really should go to bed so that I am rested for tomorrow. Who knows where Amelia's visions will take us. Entry four to come.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:01:00 AM EST by Rhonic »
cdr_opcomm_glassmaker

Rhonic

• X-Patriots
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:44 PM EST »

Entry 4

Its been a long day. Amelia's visions aided us in finding the last Datacron, Which instead of giving knowledge and power gave us a shard. A blue shard too large to fit in a lightsaber. I am baffled and I've been studying its origins.. I still have no clue what it is. More reading will be necessary.

I finished all my work on Tython and we left I had gotten us tickets aboard the wanderer class vessel "The Esseles".. Those first class tickets cost me 2,500 credits a piece. Waste of credits in my opinion. No sooner than we took off we came under fire from Kilran, The butcher of Coruscant. We had to fight for our lives aboard The Esseles. Needless to say it got rough.

I learned a few things about Amelia while we were fighting. She truly has balance in the force. Whether she believes she does or not, and she can content with some of the best blade users in the Galaxy. I also learned she has two older brothers. We spoke of one, William. But not the other. I don't blame her. Time was of the essence and talking about family doesn't help when you're trying to fend off imperials.

After the whole ordeal was over and we landed on Coruscant I was speechless. I hadn't been to Coruscant since the sack occurred.  The damage that the Empire caused was immense. I'm choosing to remember Coruscant's glory days. But I know that in its current state there is plenty of new knowledge to discover.

We're staying in the senate building. A few close friends of mine opened the Jedi quarter up to us and we claimed two beds for the duration of our stay on Coruscant. I plan on helping coruscant out in anyway I can as long as it doesn't get in the way of my main goal. Knowledge.

I've been saving up my credits too, I plan on leaving Commander Rhonic's ship and buying a ship of my own. So that Amelia and I wont have to keep sleeping in Cantinas and Temples. I was looking at a Corellia Defender-Class Light Corvette. Its pretty expensive but its spacious and reliable. The dealer said it has been designed solely for Jedi use. How he aquired one is beyond me. I could read his mind and find out but I'd rather not know.

So, It's getting late and I need to tend to my wounds from the battle of The Esseles. I will write again soon.
cdr_opcomm_glassmaker

Rhonic

• X-Patriots
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 05:25:05 PM EST »

Entry 5

Our very own ship! Amelia ordered us a ship. Not just any ship THE VERY SAME SHIP I spoke of in a previous entry. Pretty incredible, Turns out Amelia is the sister of William Brody CEO of Brody Enterprises a rather successful Company. She also had an expense account in her name. That is what she used to buy the ship. I'm excited to have my very own starship again. I remember flying through the cosmic star ocean of our galaxy landing on strange planets.. Such adventure. Now I get to share it with Amelia. I have no doubts she will be my successor. But she still require much training.

On the note of her training. Today we spoke more of philosophy and spoke of ongoing turmoil in the galaxy. She has been honing her gift and can now see into the future. She knew a Rodian was behind a door before we even got into the building. In the same building however we saw some crates bearing Brody Enterprise's logo. I did not know what to believe. Could Amelia's brother be selling armaments to terrorist on Courscant? She assured me he would never do that. But I have never met the man. I did write him a letter telling him of possible corruption within his company. Here's to hoping he acts on this.

Amelia has been growing stronger in the force. She found another Datacron. This time we encountered scavengers around it. They seemed confident but Amelia and I both sensed fear and confusion within them. They feared the Datacron, Which was ironic consider once we dispatched them and activated it. We felt more.. Confident. As if our presence on the galaxy meant more. As she grows stronger in the force. She becomes more and more confused. Her powers are growing too fast. I will step up her teachings an hopefully get her caught up.

I fear that may be difficult however as today she has been contacted by an Old friend. Kalin I believe her name was. Amelia and I went to find her after we found out she had gone to free a kidnapped Brody Enterprise Scientist. The scientist was not there but Amelia and Kalin have reconnected. Kalin was cold towards Amelia. It irked me but I ignored it.

Earlier today I trained Amelia's combat skills and tactics. I noticed she has a very offensive stance during combat but a defensive take of combat. So I helped her out and taught her Soresu stance combat. It should help her out when it comes to dictating the flow of combat. It will increase her defensive capabilities without sacrificing mobility. The training served her well as we brought many of the migrant merchants guilds forces to justice.

We helped clean up the district and learned a lot about the surrounding area. Part of me feels like Amelia doesn't care much about any other knowledge but that of her gift.. I hope she becomes more open minded. If she limits her learning to JUST perfecting her gift.. Then I fear that by the time she masters he gift her mortal shell will have become too frail to use it. Only through mastery of the force as a whole can she break free of the mortal curse of aging. The force will not stop me from being slain by man but has rendered me immortal from the weapons on time.

I grow increasingly tired with each word. It is time for me to gather my strength a prepare for the days ahead.
cdr_opcomm_glassmaker
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.474 seconds with 22 queries.