The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 27, 2017, 11:47:07 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Corellian League Forums are Tapatalk enabled!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: History of Nun  (Read 1716 times)

Sagal Nun

History of Nun
« on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:38 PM EDT »

Chapter 1

13 BTC (3666 BBY); Zero Four hundred hours; Auril Sector; Adega System; Planet Ossus.

The Hawk Class light military transport
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:13:11 PM EDT by Sagal Nun »

wb_alderaan wb_belsavis wb_coruscant wb_hoth_2 wb_quesh wb_taris_1 wb_tatooine
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Sagal Nun

Re: History of Nun
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:01:48 AM EDT »

Chapter 2

All around the compound spotlights come alive. They don’t have far to go before they come across the Ysanna war party. Standing quiet and staring from behind their masks, their bodies covered in war paint, every one of them having an intensity that could be felt from a distance. 

“You brought an awful lot of friends to the party Sergeant; I don’t think were going to have enough punch!”

With a smirk Kints replies, “It’s ok Gunny, I think they just came to dance!”

Suddenly the man is shoved violently to the ground and a large warrior places his foot on the sniper’s back. The warrior’s mask was decorated with several large teeth and painted to resemble one of the Ysanna riding beasts. In his hands was Sergeant Kints weapon that was pointed directly at the soldier’s neck. Shouting at the top of his voice the warrior shakes one fist in the air, making an obvious challenge to those inside.

Slowly appearing next to Lupoud, Dr. Bowd takes in the scene. “I think I can negotiate with them Sergeant. We have been studying them for decades and they do follow many tribal practices that are seen throughout the galaxy.”

“I admire your courage Doc but no.”

With hands on hips and the voice of one who is about to get their way, “I am only marginally safer here Mr. Lupoud than out there. If I can help that young man out there, it’s the least I can do for him. He put himself in that position while trying to help us here. Besides, I am not under your jurisdiction sir, this is my facility and that man is my responsibility.”

With a quick nod and a small grin, “Yes Ma’am, but be sure to take someone with you. I would suggest the Wookie. He should be an imposing aide and helpful should the lines of communication breakdown.”

“Thank you Sergeant and if communication breaks down you have my permission to say I told you so.” With one last glance at the scene outside the doctor descends the stairs. A few moments later she steps outside the compound with her giant friend right behind her.

Unable to hear but able to see the exchange, several tense moments pass. It appears as if the leader is attempting to ask something of the Doctor and it’s quite clear to Lupoud that she isn’t answering the question correctly. As one who studies nonverbal communication in life or death situations the leaders body language is telling Gunny all he needs to know. Before he can call Bowd back, the warrior pulls the trigger on Kints weapon, killing the man instantly.

Taking aim, Gunnery Sergeant Lupoud curses under his breath, “Cover Fire now!”

The Wookie grabs the small woman under the shoulders and sprints back towards the gate maximizing his long strides. Several slug throwers go off at once and pierce his back as he attempts to escape to the safety of the wall. Modified slug arrows protrude from the chest of the noble being. As he falls the last of his strength is used to throw the Doctor towards the quickly closing gate. But it’s too late; she soon is subjected to the same quick death that her friend suffered trying to save her. As she falls to the ground, a massive roar erupts from the throats of Ysanna and the battle ensues.

For many hours the suns of Ossus rise and watch the melee below with little interest. Their unwanted contribution to the warfare is to match the heat of battle as it goes back and forth. The Ysanna don’t have the firepower to break through the gate as Lupoud makes sure that anyone that goes near it is taken down. The accuracy of the slug thrown arrows is more deadly than anything Gunny has experienced before and the evidence of that is strewn about the base. The attrition will prove to the benefit of the Ysanna and Lupoud knows there is not much he can do about.

The deepest part of the day comes and goes while the fighting rages on. A cold wind slides down the mountainside as an electrical storm moves across the sky and joins the fray. Shadows crawl across the muddy blood covered ground with each lighting strike. The roiling clouds blot out the suns and the overcast darkness brings on a premature night. The flashes give each fighter small windows of blinding light to target their enemy before the unnatural tempest takes their sight from them again.

To narrow down the odds, Gunny orders rifles given to any civilians willing to point the nasty parts at the enemy. The only medical personnel on site, a gold furred Bothan, declines as he has two patients, one a young child, in the medical wing that had barely survived a recent crash.  Every other academic in the Oasis knows they don’t have a choice.  To the last, each grabs a weapon and takes a position along the wall.

“Private T’saic, get your ugly Corellian can up here!” Lupoud shouts while dodging slug arrows and taking cover.

Out of breath, exhausted and overwhelmed, “Here Gunny.”   

“What did that seat polishing Major say about our ride?”

“Major Madin said to remind you of what he’d told you earlier. Besides, he has problems of his own Gunny. The main body of the army has surrounded the school and has taken over the landing area with their riding beasts. Even if he could come get us he can’t, he suggests to dig in like a Hutt in a pile of credits.”

“Did you send out the intel pulse about what’s going on here to Coruscant?”

“I did Gunny, along with all the info from this site. At least they will know what happened and to whom Sarge.”

With a wink to the younger man, “Now you sound like a Republic Commando Private, well above your pay grade.” 

A look of pride passes over T’saic and his demeanor suddenly shifts. He no longer has the look of a man beaten down at the end, but a man meeting his end head on ready to beat it into submission, sending it back to hell.

“Alright, were running low on ammo and fingers to pull triggers Private. It’s getting dark and there is no point in wasting what we got shooting into the darkness. Round everyone up and get them to the garage…GO!”

Looking back over the wall Gunny pumps the last few round of his rifle into a few unlucky Ysanna and it clicks empty. One warrior had drifted close enough to hear the Sergeant curse as the weapon ran dry. Taking aim at his unarmed foe the warrior stops.  Lupoud simply whips the weapon end over end at his attacker striking him in a region most unpleasant. As the would be killer crumples to the ground Lupoud, out of ammo, weaponless and surrounded by a larger force stands atop the wall and laughs loudly. Making certain gestures towards the Ysanna, that if they were from a civilized place would greatly offend them; he dives down the staircase and runs towards the garage.

From the shadows of one of the windows in the medical building, Velon Se’ena shudders as the commander of the Republic soldiers bolts past him at a speed he was not aware humans could travel. Seeing the human go into the garage and the door shut tight he wonders if he made the right decision staying with his patients while being so unprotected.  NO, I am a true Bothan Son and this pair is under my care. To leave them would be unthinkable. Confident is his thoughts Velon prepares for the inevitable. Blocking the door with a desk he rolls the medical beds into the recesses of the room and waits.

Outside a wave of shouts ring out from the courtyard as the main gate finally gives way. The deluge of Ysanna that pour into the main area carry themselves forward to the garage and begin to fire indiscriminately into the building. Return fire is heard from a few rifles and blasters but the chaos from the Ysanna seems to soon overwhelm who might still be inside.

As the main body of the attack focuses on the known location of the invaders, Chief-Warrior-Shaman “Bal” Kneeto Nun of clan Nun feels that is not the direction he should go. Removing his Ysanna war mask Kneeto surveys the field of battle. The hard frame matches the hard face that hides behind the mask. A face covered in warrior markings from collar bone to scalp. As the leader of this clan it is his duty to see all and let his warriors earn their kill marks. Feeling the light of the universe show itself he heads towards the weak wooden building. Focusing his mind Kneeto can see the power and light coming from a small spot behind the walls.  The two advisers at his side feel what their leader is doing and focus in the direction he is heading and marvel at the light that emanates from within and follow.

Continuing to the door Kneeto can feel the warm hum of energy behind it. Finding the entrance blocked he simply shoulders the door open. Once inside he pulls away from the light of the universe as the glow from the corner is blinding. One of the invaders, a small hairy thing, comes from the shadows swinging a metal stick at the leader. With little effort the blow is blocked and the being thrown to the two aides. Without a word they bring the little invader outside. It yelps and makes noises that Kneeto assumes must be prayers to false gods then a sacred arrow of war is fired and all is quiet save the cheers of the warriors.

Looking about the room there is a woman and a small child lying in beds. Without having to ask the light he knows the child is the source of the bright energy. The woman has nothing more of the universe energy that any other invader might, so she is not this child’s mother. Only one of great power would sire this one. Picking up the child and walking outside Kneeto holds the boy high and shouts a vow for all to hear.

“As Bal of clan Nun I say for all to hear, you will be raised as my own son and be chief among our peoples. Your magic light will join with our magic light and make us greatest among the tribes. And when the great Jedi gods come they will see that we are as powerful as they and we will be brothers.  You will be the greatest light of the Ysanna.”  Kneeto brings the child down from among the whoops and shouts of the clan at the declarations of their Chief. Holding him close and looking the child in the eye, “I will call you SAGAL, which in the ancient Ysannan language means Greatest Light of the People.” 

As night falls the Ysanna quickly go through the camp scavenging anything of use and packing it onto their great beasts. What remains is set ablaze to cleanse the surface of Ossus, in homage to the Jedi. Taking the newly proclaimed prince of his tribe Kneeto turns and walks away from the destruction wrought by his people. Exiting the Oasis and followed by his fighters, Bal Kneeto Nun heads away towards the mountains that are home and smiles that his people had a successful hunt this day.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:37:30 PM EDT by Sagal Nun »

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Sagal Nun

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:11:18 PM EDT »

Chapter 3

Upon entering the cavernous dwellings that the Ysanna call home, word spreads of the new son
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:45:10 AM EST by Sagal Nun »

Sagal Nun

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:39:49 AM EST »

Chapter 4

Coming to the top of the rise as Adega Prime crests on the horizon, Sagal see
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:46:31 AM EST by Sagal Nun »

Sagal Nun

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:54:59 PM EST »

Chapter 5

47 ATC (3606 BBY); Planet Correlia; Coronet City; 22 hundred hours.

Sagal Nun

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:56:38 PM EST »

Chapter 6

Rising from bed and careful not to disturb his wife Sagal stepped to the balcony overlooking Coronet City. The prosthesis attached to the stump of his left leg whirred and whooshed quietly making small balancing adjustments as he stood in the night air. In the dark the lights of the metropolis sparkled like the reflections of stars on a placid lake. With the end of the Sith invasion on Corellia the populace had quickly recovered and restored the capital to its former glory.
Reminiscing further he recalled how his life had moved much faster after the day he was knighted. He had explained his very personal unique view of the Force and how he wished to pursue it. His understanding of the Force was large but his understanding of himself without it was small. So with the blessing and connections of his master Sagal went to Corellia and was admitted into the Corellian Security Force. He quickly rose through the ranks and was respected by all. Not because he was a Jedi

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 22 queries.