The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:43:40 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jen & Berry's has come out with a Special Edition Ice Cream for this years "May the 4th" holiday.  Bantha Poodo! Click here to see more!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ever Faster, Ever Smoother...(Closed RP)  (Read 6149 times)

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
Re: Ever Faster, Ever Smoother...(Closed RP)
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 04:44:03 AM EDT »

Having finished his meditation, Celadon walked back to the cargo hold just in time to hear his friend tell his story.

"...I have visited a dozen planets, been shot twice that amount, and lost a couple friends on missions. I've killed hundreds of men and only loved one woman. I serve the Republic proudly, and will be there till its end......That's all you need to know about me."

The Zabrak's eyes met with his human friend's. He knew what was going through Harper's mind because they had held the view on life, fought many of the same battles, and lost some of the same comrades. He nodded at his friend, to show that he both understood his hesitation to answer and acknowledged his reasons. This was war.

Looking at Norgrim while the smuggler chimed in, he too pondered his answer. Finally when the old Jedi set his gaze upon him, he replied simply and from his core.

"Although I answer to other names, most of my compatriots in the Republic call me Celadon Vohl. I am a Jedi Knight, recently assigned to the Corellian system. With all due respect, Master, I don't care about being remembered. What I do care about is dispatching the enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible. I look forward to your guidance in doing so."

Celadon raised is voice slightly as if to address the rest of his allies on the ship.

"To those of you here that can help me with my tasks, I welcome your fellowship,"

The Zabrak raised his hood and leaned up against the bulkhead. "Happy hunting to us all."

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 06:48:14 PM EDT »

Ceid sat in the Cargo bay, alone with his thoughts.

Norgrim Shadowgale

• X-Patriots
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 07:28:23 PM EDT »

Norgrim walked between them placing a reassuring hand on Harper's shoulder for a moment and nodding, something in the way he looked at him said he understood. He listened to each of them in turn and finally nodded his head.

"Let us hope that we can sit and talk of our adventure once this is all over. Who knows wha-" He places a hand to his temple and closes his eyes. He opens them suddenly and looks between the group assembled. He clicks an intercom nearby so that all portions of the ship can hear him.

"Attention: I have had a preminition my friends. There is a battle being fought even now. We will soon be arriving into the middle of it." He looks out into the stars flying by, a look of determination coming over him and his shoulders rolling to loosen the large muscles underneath, "We have no way to warn the others in our group since we're in hyperspace. Once we've come out, we must do what we can to warn them. Unfortunately we may be within the range of the battleships upon exit, so let us hope our pilot can show us how good his skills are." He smirks and looks at each of them in turn, "Prepare yourselves."

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
  • "If we don't end war, war will end us."-H.G. Wells
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 11:15:02 PM EDT »

"We have no way to warn the others in our group since we're in hyperspace. Once we've come out, we must do what we can to warn them. Unfortunately we may be within the range of the battleships upon exit, so let us hope our pilot can show us how good his skills are...Prepare yourselves." Norgrim warned.

Harper immediately stood to attention and nodded. He began walking away from the group, in order to search through the ship to see if he could find a gun turret he could man in order to defend the ship in orbital battle.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." he muttered, walking away. Harper felt that In order to truly be prepared for whats to come, you had to get locked and loaded.

Finally reaching a gunnery cockpit, he strapped himself in and placed on his headset. "Pilot, this is Amasro Harper. I'll be assisting you in any way possible once we arrive at our destination."

He gripped the targeting controls, and watched as the large gun groaned to his adjustments. He flipped on some of the switches and buttons in the nearby control panel, and his gun station hummed with activity, the targeting panel read and finally ready to take on whatever was waiting for him after hyperspace.

He sighed and tried to control his breathing. He needed to focus.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:17:57 PM EDT by Sparrow »

Jibra-El

• X-Patriots
  • Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man
    • Chronicle
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 11:27:25 PM EDT »

The hyperspace trails of light came to a sudden halt, thrusting the team's Defender class Corvette into the midst of full scale battle. Several Republic transport ships along with a Thranta class Corvette loomed at the Defender
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:19:11 AM EDT by Jibra-El »
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Chronicles

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 02:02:26 AM EDT »

The pounding continued, the Zabrak made his way to the nearest escape pod. Knew the rest of his mission group were complete professionals, each in turn finding their own route off the doomed ship. However, his thoughts remained with Jibra-El whom he could feel was under extreme duress.

As he punched the controls to the pod and the door slid shut, he yelled over the comm, "Jib, take care to get off this flaming hunk of metal. I've got some top quality yarrock in my medpack that will go nicely with that those deathsticks of yours."

Celadon braced himself as the ejector sequence fired up and the icy surface of the planet drew closer with each passing second.

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 09:15:41 AM EDT »

Ceid was rudely and violently shaken out of his meditative trance. He ran to the cockpit and helplessly observed as all hells broke loose around him. Even though their pilot exhibited some elite flying skills, they were out gunned and outmatched. The vessel shook violently and with an explosion, the co-pilot was sent to the bulkhead with great force. Ceid silently cursed as the co-pilot fell to the floor unconscious. The ship rolled out of control and Jibra El, their pilot, made the decision to evacuate the ship.

"We're going to need to bail out!" He exclaimed. "Hit the pods fast!"

Ceid spun on his heal and headed towards the pods. He hated to be in this situation. Abandoning a vessel seemed dishonorable and his pride sustained more damage than the vessel itself. But Ceid was not willing to throw the lives of his companions away just to satisfy his own pride and go down with a blaze of glory. He reached the pod and the ejector sequence fired up. He was sent tumbling into space, and remained in that state until the pod's attitude control kicked in. He was safe for the moment... Or so he thought.

His pod was hit by a blaster cannon bolt and was sent out of control again. He did not know whether that was a random coincidence or it was the force's will that he die that day. But the odds of such a hit were astronomical. Fortunately, the bolt did not hit his pod full on. It merely grazed it, sending him out of formation and into an uncontrollable vector.

As he plummeted down to the icy planet below, Ceid muttered a few word, as if in defiance of death itself. "There is no death!"

Padawan Kymber

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 09:55:23 AM EDT »

Inun continued walking his footsteps sluggish, the cold made it seem like he had been walking for an eternity. There was only one thing driving him forward now and that was Seku, he promised himself that he wouldn't let her down this day, he promised her that he would find help. Inun made a note in his head that when they deliver the shipment that he would help himself and 'acquire' a few new items, his foot steps become ever slower, ever shorter until he came to one of Hoth's icy steep hills.

"O o oh, c c come o o on." letting out a rough yell, well as much of a yell that his sore dry throat would give. Inun began the long climb up the icy hill, he started off alright placing his staggering steps carefully as to not slip down knowing that he mightn't have enough energy if he did. But soon his staggering steps evolved into a half crawl, attempting to use his hands to help his feet along.

As Inun finally gets to the top of the icy hill struggling to push himself back to his feet, his knees buckle and then he collapses from lack of strength thanks to his frozen quad muscles in his legs, causing him to tumble awkwardly down the hill, bringing him to a stop at the bottom flat on his back with his arms and legs outstretched. trying with what ever strength he had left he tried to will himself up thinking of nothing but Seku, imprinting her image in his head, if he were to die here, then at least he would go thinking of the most beautiful person that he knew of.             

Norgrim Shadowgale

• X-Patriots
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 01:22:54 PM EST »

Norgrim nodded to himself, "To the pods then."

With a grim determination, he turned to the rest and pointed to the escape pod bay at the other end of the ship, "Go. I will be the last to leave the ship. GO!"

He turned and began gathering backpacks and throwing them to each person nearby, making sure that provisions were available when they got to the surface.

"Be sure to suit up before leaving the pod on the surface! It will be quite cold, so insulate yourselves as best as you can!"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:24:26 PM EST by Norgrim Shadowgale »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 22 queries.