The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:12:34 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ever Faster, Ever Smoother...(Closed RP)  (Read 6126 times)

Norgrim Shadowgale

• X-Patriots
Re: Ever Faster, Ever Smoother...(Open RP)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 06:15:38 AM EDT »

Turns his head as Ceid walked up. Tilting it in a nod he says, "You must be Ceid. You're a little late..." That's all he says on the matter before turning to the rest.

"Alright gentlemen we have a mission to get to. With Ceid here, we have everyone we're waiting for. I'd like to explain on the ship as we go since we'll have plenty of time before we get the-"

It was at this point William's words were heard and Norgrim turned to him, "I am Norgrim Shadowgale. Is there something I can do for you?" He rubbed his chin, looking William over and thinking about his roster. He suspects this was the optional person that may or may not have shown up.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:19:18 AM EDT by Norgrim Shadowgale »

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
  • "If we don't end war, war will end us."-H.G. Wells
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 11:55:37 AM EDT »

Harper grunted as more and more people came into the hangar area.

Still somewhat disappointed in the lack of a trooper presence, he sighed and checked his rifle casually. However this mission was going to go down, he knew he would have to step up to the plate if he's to carry some weight as the only trooper.

Harper turned to Celadon, responding to his comment about his rifle and their Tatooine mission, "If I remember correctly old friend, you've had my back a couple times. Every now and then we save each other's skins. Whats the score now? Who owes who another save?" he said smiling, chuckling.

"I don't mean to rush formalities gentleman, but we got a mission to do, don't forget." Harper said speaking up to the rest. He was itching for another mission, it was a while since his last one. As a former trooper of the Republic Army and a seasoned member of the Corellian League, he was used to a more vigorous and fast paced schedule.

"Ready when you are." he said, and did a trick with his rifle, using one arm motion with one hand to cock it in the air. He slung it back under his shoulder, and waited for the next set of orders.

Jibra-El

• X-Patriots
  • Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man
    • Chronicle
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 01:26:35 PM EDT »

Jibrael pulled out a coin from his pocket and flipped it into the air. Swiftly he drew the blaster and fired, hitting square and disintegrating the coin. He looked over at Celadon and smiled.

"Thanks for the tune up my friend," he said holstering his weapon again.

His eye caught another smuggler walking nonchalantly through the hanger. Nogrim spoke to Ceid briefly while this smuggler meandered closer to the group. He turned and began to address the team when the smuggler came close enough to interject.

"Pardon me gentlemen, but could I be so bold as to ask if one of you is Norgrim Shadowgale?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:24:57 PM EDT by Jibrael the Seeker »
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Chronicles

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
Re: Ever Faster, Ever Smoother...(Closed RP)
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:53 AM EDT »

"Ready when you are." said the familiar voice of Capt. Harper as he turned to Norgrim.

It wasn't difficult to notice that people were drawn to the old Jedi master. Not simply because they were answering a summons, but because he energy brought them in, imbued them with grace, and made them whole...at peace...passive. Such was the way of a Jedi master.

Was this what he needed to understand? Closing his eyes, Celadon reached out with his feelings. There were those in this room that felt like they never belonged, others that live on because they've lost, and others still that fight for things that may never be. It was his sheer incompleteness that drove them, but somehow Norgrim was reaching out to them to feel, at least for this mission, that together they were something better that their individual experiences...they could be a team. They could be great.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:52:53 AM EDT by Celadon Vohl »

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 11:32:30 AM EDT »

Ceid almost snapped when he heard the remark coming from someone in the group. He turned towards him intending to give him a peace of his mind, he was tired and in pain and didn't want some smart-ass to lecture him. However, when he turned to face the speaker, he saw that he was a much older man with a kind face and a gaze that almost reflected all that he had seen in his life time. Seeing the lightsaber at his hip, he knew he was a Jedi.

Ceid squared his stance with the Jedi and Bowed respectfully. Ceid might have become hotheaded, and easily irritated, but he always kept the respect he had for the ones with experience beyond his years, Jedi or otherwise. "I am sorry Master. I was release from a hospital ship yesterday, I am still getting back into the rhythm. Ready when you are."

Then the Jedi spoke, and soon after, a man approached the group asking for Norgrim Shadowgale.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:34:17 AM EDT by Pride »

William-brody

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 07:07:29 PM EDT »

It was at this point William's words were heard and Norgrim turned to him, "I am Norgrim Shadowgale. Is there something I can do for you?" He rubbed his chin, looking William over and thinking about his roster. He suspects this was the optional person that may or may not have shown up.

When bad guys go bump in the night

Norgrim Shadowgale

• X-Patriots
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 07:35:56 PM EDT »

He nods to William and takes the package, holding it under his dossier as he turns to the rest of them. He puts a reassuring hand on Ceid's shoulder, nodding to him, a look of understanding in his eyes before he turns to the rest of them, "Alright gentlemen, the ship here is where we're going, it's taking off any moment. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the mission on our way there as, one of us pointed out, we have very little time to spare."

He turns for just a moment to look them all over, "Also, I apologize if any of you have any problems with me being your commanding officer in this matter. However, as it was assigned to me, it appears I have little choice." He smirks to himself, obviously this was something that had happened when he received the mission he was not pleased with.

He began his walk towards the ship, tilting his head to the rest of them and speaking as he walks, "The mission is simple. There's been reports of Imperials crossing paths with our people over the planet of Hoth. Afterwards all communication with our fleet there has been cut off. We're to rendezvous with our intercept fleet in the atmosphere here and from here we will do continual jumps to Hoth. It will take a while, so I hope you're ready to buckle in."

He begins tightening straps on his armor as he sits in one of the seats of the shuttle. He looks to the others and waits for any questions, expecting many before the end of this trip.

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 02:18:24 PM EDT »

Norgrim turned for moment to look them all over, "Also, I apologize if any of you have any problems with me being your commanding officer in this matter. However, as it was assigned to me, it appears I have little choice." he said.

Harper chucked. The man very much had a choice whether he wanted to lead or not. Its that thing called destiny I guess Harper thought to himself. He wasn't questioning Norgrim's authority though; he too, felt it would be best if such a mission was in the hands of a Master Jedi. For that, he respected his humbleness to the task.

"...so I hope you're ready to buckle in." Norgrim said, finishing his speech. Harper looked at his group and smirked. He was definitely ready for some action.

"Let's get on the ship then, shall we? Any other questions can be asked on the way. For now, we got some people to save." Harper said, making his way towards the ship.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:20:06 PM EDT by Sparrow »

Jibra-El

• X-Patriots
    • Chronicle
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 01:20:48 PM EDT »

Jibrael hopped into the pilot's seat, which hummed with anticipation, the coordinates for the jump already prepped. He did have questions but now that people were moving he was happy to keep silent. Questions could wait for the jump to lightspeed. The doors closed with a whisk and everyone settled in, stowing equipment and latching themselves into their seats.

He sat back and watched as the stars around him stretched out, like never ending tracer rounds. It always made him smile. With that much space around him, he would momentarily forget his concerns and bask at its abundant wonder. Examining the ship's hyperdrive rating he noted that at .2, it would be a little while before they reached orbit around Hoth. He leaned over and opened up a compartment he'd stocked earlier with Corellian Ale. He helped himself to one, drinking half the bottle in one gulp. He wiped his mouth with his glove, and flipped through several screens on the surveillance monitor stopping on the hold. He also opened a comm, so he could join in on any conversations the rest of the group might be having.

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Chronicles

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 03:38:41 AM EDT »

Looking out the porthole, the ship seemed to sail through an ocean of light, currents ever changing and never still. Such was the nature of the mind. Celadon's own thoughts drifted to those of the other Force users in the cabin. If Norgrim's mind were like still and peaceful waters, Ceid's was like a tempest blowing forth unchecked.

Nodding at his comrades in respect, he got up and left to contemplate his own thoughts.

As he went down a corridor, he found what looked to be an munitions room. Tracing his fingers along the spare blasters and ammunition, he recalled his simple days as an weaponsmith's son...and how quickly they came to an end.

He sat down amidst the weapons. They had been the source of his greatest joy, and in turn, his deepest sorrow. Contemplating this duality, the Jedi gave up his mind to the Force, allowing the questions of the mission, his comrades, and the universe to flow through him.

wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 08:25:03 PM EDT »

Ceid sat in a corner in the cargo hold and closed his eyes. He was ready for whatever he might face on this mission. He did not let his thoughts drift however. Because more than often, his thoughts and memories transport him to darker times.

Nahnu kawmun la nahabul mawt. A thought forced it's way to the forefront of his mind.

"Strange." He spoke softly. He did not know where he had heard that sentence before, and did not recognize the language. What was stranger still, is that he understood what it meant.

"We are a people that do not fear death." He spoke the words softly in basic. What is this? He thought confused.

Jibra-El

• X-Patriots
    • Chronicle
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 01:21:38 PM EDT »

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:16:11 PM EDT by Jibrael the Seeker »
Chronicles

Norgrim Shadowgale

• X-Patriots
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 08:04:06 PM EDT »

Given the amount of time it would take to their destination in the Outer Rim, Norgrim settled in and contemplated the motley crew gathered around him. Knowing that they had many other ships flying with them through hyperspace towards their destination made him wonder what kind of contact they would find once at their plotted course.

He looked at the rest of them, a small smile coming across his lips. A few of them move away, but to the others, he speaks.

"I make it a policy to know those I go into battle with so if any fall, they might be remembered if not in history, then in my heart after all is said and done. Please, you would honor me if you introduced yourselves and told me a little about yourselves."

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 05:00:21 PM EDT »

Harper's bottom lip started to tremble.

I make it a policy to know those I go into battle with so if any fall, they might be remembered if not in history, then in my heart after all is said and done. Please, you would honor me if you introduced yourselves and told me a little about yourselves...he repeated the words back in his head.

Leaning against a door frame that lead to the common room at the center of the ship, Harper eyed the rest of the group carefully. Off to the side and in dim lighting, the shadows masked the emotional reaction on his face.

He wanted to speak up, but didn't know how to begin. As a trooper, he actually strove to do the opposite of what Norgrim was suggesting. He tried dozens of times to not get attached to people. Far too often, he had friends die in his arms on the battlefield. Far too often he had to visit the families of the deceased, only to be the bearer of bad news and watch them collapse in tears.

His confused emotional state wasn't sudden; in fact, it's what normally starts going through his head at the beginning of every mission. When you're in the heat of battle, you don't reflect on things, you get the job done. It's the anticipation for whats to come....the uncertainty, that starts him wondering if he's going to walk away from another mission alive.

Struggling to speak up, he cleared his throat and got the attention of the crew. "I'm...Amasro Harper. Served in the military for at least a dozen years, and a member of the Corellian League for a few more. I have visited a dozen planets, been shot twice that amount, and lost a couple friends on missions. I've killed hundreds of men and only loved one woman. I serve the Republic proudly, and will be there till its end......That's all you need to know about me."

Reflexively he looked over at Celadon Vohl, wondering if he caught on to how he was struggling to speak. He looked away quickly, casting his eyes down and bit his lip.

He didn't want to break down, and wasn't going to. He knew he had a job to do, and was going to focus on that. No mater what happens next, no matter the odds.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 05:17:41 PM EDT by Sparrow »

Jibra-El

• X-Patriots
    • Chronicle
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 11:02:31 PM EDT »

Jibrael opened the comm and chimed in quickly, "Name's Jibrael, not gonna get into specifics on my sex life, just here to lend a couple of blasters and some grenades." The co-pilot smirked at him and resumed checking the navicomputer.

"You got some advice on this mission? What are we expecting at the other end of this little flight? And most importantly, how many credits are we getting again?"
Chronicles
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 22 queries.