The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:13:53 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Grand Opening! Swoops R Us is having a sale on the new RTE-01 Swoop Bike. Get it now while supplies last!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trap (Closed RP)  (Read 14416 times)

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
Re: The Trap (Closed RP)
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 05:44:35 PM EDT »

As Ceid waited for the shuttle to dock, and after his team came after him one by one, he heard Quyn yell something about breathing masks. He returned and opened a small compartment at the back of the cockpit. He saw two masks, they were small in size and silver colored. A person would bite down on the mouth piece and try to breath through his mouth. He raised an eyebrow at the breathers. The troopers didn't need them, but there were not enough for all the Jedi. However, Ceid knew that a ship of that size would still have some atmosphere, which would be enough for them to survive for days. But the Director was right, these couldn't hurt. He had no time to argue about the number, so Ceid picked them up and returned to the shuttle hatch. He gave one to Loyheta and one to their advisor, the former Sith known as Nysa.

"Sorry, that is all we have, though I don't think we are going to need them." Ceid said and then he pressed the hatch release. The hatch opened slowly with a hiss, and Ceid walked out.

The darkness and eerie silence that welcomed him made him unconformable, but he hid it well. The shuttle bay had a few blue emergency lights spread around the ceiling, which were enough for him see outside the shuttle. He was surprised to see that the bay was small. It was way smaller than he expected, especially for a ship of this size. The bay would fit no more than three shuttles the size of theirs own. The air was breathable but thin, and it was very cold. A sudden shiver came over him and went away just as fast as it came. He slowly walked a few meters out and then ignited his lightsaber. He held it horizontally in front of him, using it to light his way. Orange light washed over his face as he breathed out, the air that escaped his mouth condensed and appeared like smoke.

"Life support is at minimum, we have to get to the bridge" He said as he looked back at the group that came out of the shuttle behind him. He then looked at Nysa. He did not hate her personally, nor did she do anything deserving of mistrust. So he did his best to calm himself and spoke normally to her. "I hope you know the way." He said calmly in a tone devoid of emotions, neither accusing nor aggressive.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:31:28 AM EDT by Pride »

Nysa

• X-Patriots
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 07:38:58 AM EDT »

Choosing to ignore Ceid's deliberate monotone and closing her eyes against the sudden harsh light of Ceid's lightsaber, Nysa reached out with her senses, feeling for circuit paths and switches.

"The lightsaber is unnecessary and archaic Ceid, as a scource of light.  As you can see, we still have emergency lighting, but if you desire more light..."

Nysa opened her eyes and concentrated breifly, extending her hand out in front of herself, focusing her effort on creating a tiny closed loop of light blue lightning above her outstretched palm, appearing as a tiny, but incredibly bright and pure source of light.  Setting the small task aside in her mind, she could maintain it without further effort until she let go of it.  The procedure took but a second.

"... this will suffice."

Looking about, Nysa spotted the only door into the hanger and set off in that direction.  Looking back to the others she spoke curtly.

"On me."

Loyheta

• Forum Champion
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Swtor.com profile - add me :)
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 11:53:02 PM EDT »

Falling in next to Pride and behind Nysa, Loy quietly followed. Pride ignited his saber, bathing the surroundings into a dull orange glow. After a condescending quip from Nysa, the area was lit up with a brilliant blue.

Since all he was going to be doing is following for now, Loy took the time to pull out his data-pad and look at varying schematics of Star Destroyer-class battlecruisers.

His data-pad also contained various programs and viruses designed by various criminals and technicians to bypass many security systems. Hopefully the systems won't be on lock down so he wouldn't need to use any of these.

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
  • "If we don't end war, war will end us."-H.G. Wells
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 08:50:13 AM EDT »

The only light in the docking bay came from the ones dotted across the lane. Aside from the darkness, it was also somewhat cold and very quiet. Something didn't feel right about it for Harper, but he shrugged it off and watched as Nysa scolded Ceid for using his lightsaber for a light.

"Well some of us can't....'see' in the dark as well as you can, so we're just gonna do what we always do," Harper said. He turned to his team "Helmet and gun lights on. I want to make sure we have a clear shot of something or someone."

Rifles poised, Harper and his trooper team waited patiently as Nysa began to get a sense of the ship, and started to head in one direction. "On me" she said, as she made her way to the only door in the hangar.

Kerrick grunted. "Don't need to do magic tricks to see that there was only one door and one way to go..." he said over the trooper team comm-link.

Harper sharply turned around, and despite his helmet on, had glared at Kerrick. Noticing the captain was upset, Kerrick Minn grumbled something then cocked his rifle.

As Nysa was walking away, Harper motioned for his team to follow. "Keep your rifles at the ready. We're not sure what to expect here..." he cautioned to the team.

"Just like shooting womp-rats back home..." Noble muttered sarcastically. Kely Solari chuckled but quickly jumped to attention, her rifle raised and ready as she moved slowly towards the door with the rest of the group.

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 01:39:23 PM EDT »

Bringing up the rear, Celadon was just a few feet behind the troopers. Walking so close to the party, he opened himself up to all the different surges of emotion emanating from them.

Fear, excitement, anxiety, doubt,...enemies to the Jedi, except those within its ranks who dared to venture into Juyo.

Breathing slowly and taking them in, he concentrated on his exercises. He imagined a vessel within himself, filling with the combustible emotions. It was walking a thin line, keeping them in check, ready for release at the right time. There was only one escape for this kind of energy...to channel it back out through his lightsabers and into his enemies.

As he stepped through the doorway, he resigned to whatever fate awaited him. The Force somehow had brought this seemingly mismatched group of adventurers together for some kind of challenge. Whatever it was, he was ready.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:59:54 PM EDT by Celadon Vohl »

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 06:12:02 PM EDT »

His name off her lips rang with provocation, and Ceid's nostrils flared at the word archaic. His patience with her was wearing thin, and he did not know how much more of her jabs he could take. As she conjured a loop of bright lightening, the light emanating from it overpowered the orange light of Ceid's saber.

As she walked passed him, she ordered the group to follow her. Annoyed, Ceid deactivated his lightsaber. "I happen to like archaic." He said in a sarcastic tone while looking over his shoulder at Nysa, clearly irritated. As he looked at her walk slowly to the door, a pleasant memory suddenly played in his mind, a memory of his lost lover calling him archaic and old fashioned. A microexpression appeared on his face... A smile.

Surprised and annoyed about the fact that the Sith woman made him smile, he shook his head, and closed his eyes tightly. He removed the memory from his head and collected himself, then he opened his eyes and followed the advisor to the exit.

Nysa

• X-Patriots
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 06:32:04 PM EDT »

Shooting a dark look back over her shoulder at the trooper named Kerrick as though she'd heard what he said, she didn't, but she felt his tone, had she been anywhere else, not in the company of a handful of combat orientated Jedi, she'd have taught the idiot a lesson.

Approaching the door out of the hanger, without thought, Nysa gestered with her left hand and the door slid open seemingly of it's own accord.

Starting to pick up the pace, feeling more certain of where to go, Nysa took note of smaller side corridors and rooms as they walked briskly towards the bridge of the nearly lifeless ship, opening and closing secure bulkheads as they went.  If there was one thing that was bothering Nysa, it was the distinct lack of signs, meaning this was very likely one of the Special Operations Dreadnaughts she had heard about, but never seen.   Only experienced and trusted crews manned these things, and the lack of signage made them more difficult to infiltrate than you would think.

Coming to an intersection of several large corridors meeting at point, she knew they were now close to the bridge, or finding an elevator to take them to the bridge, but had no idea which direction it actually was in, aside from most likely, up.   Frowning in indecision, Nysa unknowingly starting lightly biting her bottom lip, in a habit she had tried so hard over the years to eradicate.

"It would seem that I longer know the shortest way to what we seek."

"Great." Ceid said as he ran his palm over his forehead and down his cheek.

Drawing a deep slow breath to put down the sudden surge of anger that rose up at such a simple exclamation from him.   What was it about Ceid that set her off so easily?  He clearly bothered her on some level, but she didn't know what it meant.

"What do you rather me do?  Lead us blindly around the ship until we stumble across something, or stop to announce the present difficulty at hand.   Or just do what you always do, Ceid, rush in blindly, without thought to consequences to yourself and those around you, I'm sure that's worked well for you in the past.   So, are you just want to stand there like the idiotic meat puppet you are and leave the important work to the adults here?  Or are you going to assist me?"

Loyheta

• Forum Champion
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Swtor.com profile - add me :)
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 11:51:19 AM EDT »

Slowly following behind, Loy did best to ignore their quarreling. While he knew he should stay out of it, one of the troopers did not share Loy's sense of survival. He was foolishly picking at a powerful and potentially unstable person.

They had been walking for a while and Loy had no doubt that they were not close to the bridge. This feeling was intensified when the guide admitted that she was lost.

Things would have perhaps been easier if they had introduced themselves to each other before embarking on this voyage. They were lost for now, but the guide was still more familiar with this ship than any of them. All Loyheta could do is follow for now.

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
  • "If we don't end war, war will end us."-H.G. Wells
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 03:04:01 PM EDT »

Kerrick stood there and snickered as Ceid was being chewed out by Nysa's scolding once more.

"Definitely tougher than some of the other jedi here, she deserves more credit..." he muttered, smirking. He had a new-found respect for her, since she was point-blank about how she felt. Its that kind of attitude that he felt was needed on important missions; either help or get out of the way.

"What should we do captain?" Kely asked Harper.

Harper shrugged "Let them sort themselves out I suppose. Best not to get in between people with lightsabers."

"No, I meant about the issue at hand. Wondering where exactly we should go next." Kely responded.

"Oh. Well in that case, I suggest we split up," Harper said. "Our team is large enough so we could take on different pathways. If we keep a comm-link open I don't see the problem with that, we're all skilled here." he said a bit louder, trying to address the rest of the group.

Kerrick grunted. "Well most of us are..." he said, referring to Kely.

Kely, ignoring Kerrick, looked to Harper "Sounds good captain....maybe we should split up Nysa and Ceid?" she said whispering.

"Ceid is team leader, he'll know what to do." Noble chimed in. The troopers stood there waiting for the next order and next plan of action.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:46:01 PM EDT by Sparrow »

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 09:33:14 PM EDT »

'So, are you just want to stand there like the idiotic meat puppet you are and leave the important work to the adults here?  Or are you going to assist me?"

Seeing the flames in Ceid's eyes and the firestorm about to commence, Celadon went over to Loyheta and called upon him for assistance in the language of their ancestors. "Hiso fik, nuin." (Come here quick, friend)

Inserting himself between Nysa and Ceid before anything trouble could begin, he did his best to project calm and order.

"Although there is nothing more that I'd like than to see some action, I'd rather it be between the us and the enemy and NOT between you two. Capt. Harper had a suggestion to divide into two teams. Being that this isn't my first mission with him, I volunteer to accompany him. Of course, it is your call on what to do, Ceid."

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:44:50 PM EDT by Celadon Vohl »

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 10:55:57 PM EDT »

Ceid thought it was cute how Nysa bit down on her lower lip, she reminded him more and more of Naoko. It was strange how similar Nysa and Nao were in their behavior and the strength of their personalities. But the Sith woman insulted him one too many times. Anger melted away all other feelings like magma eating away a rock. Some in the group started speaking but Ceid heard nothing they said. As the Zabrak Jedi know as Celadon stood in between Ceid and Nysa and rambled on about something, Ceid resisted the urge to cut him down along with Nysa with one swing of his blade. Nysa turned back around and way from Ceid.

Ceid walked towards the Zabrak and angrily brushed him aside, she was not getting away with it this time. He got closer to her and grabbed her elbow and spun her towards him. Nysa's Force abilities were very potent, and according to her record, she was an artist with a lightsaber. But physically, she was no match for the much taller, much heavier Ceid standing no more than two feet in front of her. She almost stumbled when Ceid forcibly turned her around.

"WHAT WAS THAT YOU KRIFFING SITH?" He said as he took a step towards her, the word sith dripped off of his tough like poison. She took one step back in response. "You have been on my case since we came on board, and despite doing everything in my power to keep it civil, you keep pushing my buttons. I never wanted you to be a part of MY team, and frankly, you are NO help! It was a mistake having you on this mission. From now on, if you have nothing important to say, keep your mouth SHUT, or by the FORCE, it will be the nearest airlock for you! GOT THAT?" Ceid said angrily, yelling a few of his words. Without giving her a chance to reply he continued. "HARPER!" He then paused as he calmed himself. "Captain Harper, take your men and go left, Jedi Vohl, please accompany the Troopers, keep an open Com link with me at all times. The rest of you, and that includes you..." He said authoritatively and he pointed a finger at Nysa. "On me!" He finished, mockingly using the same words Nysa used in the shuttle bay as an extra shot at her. He then turned around and went down the corridor going right. No more games. Everyone did what they were told.

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
  • well behaved women seldom make history
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 11:31:53 PM EDT »

*meanwhile back on the shuttle...*

Quyn sat and watched the group head towards the exit to the shuttle bay...she could feel the tension amongst the group...one could cut it with a vibroknife it was so thick. She chewed the inside of her cheek absently, begining to second guess herself on her assignments while assembling the team.

She muttered under her breath and glanced over to Saron "They hadn't even made it out of the shuttle bay and already they are at each others throats."

She rubbed her temples slightly, headaches seeming to become a regular occurance more and more as of late. This was going to be a long wait.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:55:12 AM EDT by Quyn Vigil »
Evil talks a lot

MikEagle

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 01:26:04 AM EDT »

Saron casually turned his head towards Quyn, leaning back into his seat. He softly laughed at her remark; the young smuggler often surprised him with the things she said, sounding wise beyond her years.

He returned his attention to the front of the shuttle, thinking. The girl did not know. He contemplated explaining to her, tapping his fingers methodically on the armrest; but he was not certain if it would help things in any way. The noble sat in silence, waiting.

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
  • well behaved women seldom make history
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 08:57:30 AM EDT »

She stopped rubbing her head short and gave him a side long glance with an eyebrow raised.

"What do you find so amusing over there?"
Evil talks a lot

MikEagle

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 07:35:11 PM EDT »

The noble smiled. "Forgive me. I was just reminded of a close friend."

He gazed out of the front view port, his smile slowly fading. Perhaps she already knew, and she would probably dismiss any notions regarding the Force; but he had to warn her, lest she would become a victim. He swallowed hard, trying to suppress the feeling of guilt and the memories flooding his mind. Turning his head back towards the smuggler, he addressed her with a cool voice.

"Quyn, there is something I must tell you."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 22 queries.