The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 24, 2017, 08:15:10 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Catch the world premiere of "Corellian Death Worm" tonight on CTV! - Would you like to know more?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trap (Closed RP)  (Read 14417 times)

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
  • well behaved women seldom make history
Re: The Trap (Closed RP)
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 08:57:41 PM EDT »

Quyn let out a small snort of derision at Ceid's reply "You must be easily amused."

She glanced over towards the co pilot's chair as Nysa stepped forward to assist with the dials in order to find the ship.  She seemed to embarrassed herself as she demonstrated her knowledge of the enemy.  Too well for many's comforts.  Quyn tilted her head slightly to the side as Nysa trailed off and sat back down.  She cleared her throat to cut through the awkward silence that followed.

"...Ahem...well yes anyway..." She said as she turned back to the controls, "We don't have to rely just on the scanners.  We have the signal trace which should pinpoint a good estimate of it's location...I was just hoping to see it from afar rather than when I'm nose to nose with it."

She flipped a few switches on the panel and adjusted course slightly to match the signal trace.  She muttered slightly and mostly to herself "Just gotta take her in nice and slow."
Evil talks a lot

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 07:21:32 AM EDT »

Ceid still stood with his arms folded across his chest when he smiled at Quyn. He was going to say and define the word sarcasm for her as part of their exchange. But the woman in the dark robes to his left started showing Saron how to detect the ship. Ceid was aware that she was apart of the team, Quyn briefed him about the group. Ceid also understood her importance to the mission, but he just could not get used to it.

The thought of having a former Sith on board caused a conflict within him. On one hand, if they were to take control of that ship, and hopefully track down the operative, they needed her knowledge. On the other hand, Ceid would have liked nothing more than to throw her out of an airlock. It's been so long since he lost Naoko; since he lost everything that mattered. Her memory brought him agony and he tried not to think about her, but the hate could never be forgotten. He has gotten accustomed to hating the Sith, that hate helped him survive; without his goal of revenge and punishment, his life would have ended a long time ago. Recently however, he had become more stable, starting to create relationships and bonds with others once more. Every now and then though, he had difficulty accepting things that reminds him of what was lost, but he tries his best not to loose control.

Ceid tensed up when she began to talk. "We tried to counter? Don't you mean they?" He thought suspiciously as he ground his teeth and pushed his lips tightly together in an attempt to keep quiet. He tightened his grip over his biceps and squeezed, hoping to hold himself together. To him, she was still a Sith, but he was not going to jeopardize the mission over a vendetta. Also, she wouldn't have been there unless the League trusted her, at least to an certain extent.

"...that are completely unique to... it..." She finished and sheepishly sat down. Ceid never looked her in the eyes, he kept his gaze at the view screen and the planet beyond it. After few seconds, he eased his stance and people in the shuttle started doing their own things again. Ceid turned to Loy who was sitting to his left on a bench. Ceid smiled as he noticed the new vambrace who had a different shine than the rest of the armor.

"You finished it!" Ceid said as he reached for Loy's arm and inspected the vambrace. Loyheta had a satisfied smile on his face. Ceid saw the artistry and skill involved in creating such a fine piece. "You're one hell of an armorer my friend." Ceid said to loyheta with a smile as he let go of his arm. The vambrace was made of pure cortosis just like Ceid's shoulder guard, and he was excited because of the tactical advantage that the two pieces of armor brought them. Ceid struck his shoulder guard with his left palm with satisfaction. "Now we have double the edge!" He said with resolve.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:36:39 AM EDT by ConsularPride »

MikEagle

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 02:24:35 PM EDT »

Saron turned his head towards Nysa as she leaned forward and keyed in the signature on the console. He had almost forgotten that she was a former Sith. The noble was about to thank her when her voice cut short. He had noticed it, as he looked around the cockpit: the curious gazes and mistrusting glares, especially Ceid's.

The brief moment of tense silence that followed was broken by Quyn, as he watched the Shadow return to her seat. He nodded his thanks with a modest smile and returned his attention to the console. As the pilot steadily directed the shuttle towards the signal, he picked up on a source matching the signature. His silver eyes darted back up to the view port, staring intently at the location indicated by the scope.

Something darker than the black behind it...

A shadow silhouetted against the darkness of space that swallowed the stars. He pointed at it, addressing Quyn.

"There."

Nysa

• X-Patriots
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 05:47:27 AM EDT »

Feeling just a little breathless, her outward expression never changing, Nysa tried to compose herself mentally, the rush of anger, hatred with a deep vein of grief from the jedi who called himself Ceid was nearly overpowering, the sweet rush of untempered emotion from a Force Adept was like a narcotic to one such as herself, one who drew upon the emotion and strength of others.   She felt both empowered and slightly sick from it.   She was an addict.   It was also the source of her strength in the Force, like a lot of Sith.

Finally calming herself and restoring her serenity, Nysa turned her attention back outwards to the mission at hand.   Looking out of the viewport, Nysa could see the massive ship drawing ever closer, still blacker than black, as cold as space.   Cold as space.  Something was off.  She looked at the ship more closely, observing the outline.

Almost to herself she spoke quietly, her brow furrowed with concentration.  "I've never seen a ship in the Imperial Navy with this configuration and... It feels... like it's not there.  I know it's there, I'm looking at it, but I can't sense anything and should."

Subconsciously, Nysa palmed her lightsaber, her thumb on the belt release.

Loyheta

• Forum Champion
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Swtor.com profile - add me :)
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 05:29:00 PM EDT »

Looking up, Loyheta saw Ceid approach him and congratulate him on his handiwork. "Yeah I used up half of my supply just perfecting the technique and the other half went onto my vambrace. I was able to recycle some of the Cortosis and weave it into my saber hilt casing." Holding up his saber he showed Ceid it. "Nothings going to destroy my saber now" he said with a grin.

Lowering his voice so that only Pride could hear him, So how are you holding up now with a defected Sith on board?

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
  • "If we don't end war, war will end us."-H.G. Wells
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 10:18:24 PM EDT »

"A girl again, Ames? Is this gonna turn out more like the flirty barmaid in Bela Vistal or that 'too-attractive-too-pass-up' bounty hunter in Coronet City?" a familiar voice said behind Harper. Still leaning against the door, he turned his head around and smirked.

"Hopefully neither Cee...If I remember correctly, the former led to a bar fight with her lover and the latter had us at gun point" he said chuckling. "Besides, I'm already spoken for. It's nice to see a familiar face though. Glad you could make it."

Harper looked back towards the rest of the group, and watched as Saron pointed out the location. "There" he said, pointing. Leaning forward now, he began focusing on the intended destination. Its darkness gave him a chill, and he shifted his attention to his extra pistol. He pulled it out of the holster, and began idly examining it. As a captain, Harper was expected to lead his team with confidence. But something about that darkness had bothered him.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." he muttered to himself.

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 03:28:39 AM EDT »

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Ames said quietly. He wasn't the only one.

Calming himself, he began imbuing his senses with the Force. He put an index finger to his temple, closed his eyes, and tuned out the conflict within the space around him. Celadon envisioned himself floating out and boarding the vessel. As his disembodied self touched the hull of the ship, he felt all his being cry out in alarm. Immediately cutting off the connection, his normal vision re-materialized and Capt. Harper was watching him with concern.

He brushed past his friend and made his way to the front of the cockpit toward the pilot. Although his comments were addressed to the pilot, he made it clear that he was speaking to everyone present.

"Director Vigil, although I cannot tell you exactly what it is, but I can confirm what everyone here is thinking. We must tread carefully...it may be a trap.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:40:30 PM EDT by Celadon Vohl »

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 09:36:51 AM EDT »

"...it may be a trap."

Quyn nodded at Celedon as they progressed towards the ship, the black shape expanding and seemingly filling the entire viewport.  She too experienced the same feeling of dread that everyone else seemed to share and shifted in her pilots chair uncomfortably.

"I always assume everything could be a trap."  She said in an attempt to hide the nervousness she was feeling and flashed a grin over her shoulder.  

She tapped the console giving a puzzled expression.  "There is definitely something alive over there, but it is very feint.  If the operative is alive, he is just barely." She glanced over her shoulder again.  "You guys are going to have to move quickly."

"How he got out here on a ship that size all by himself is beyond me."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:42:13 PM EDT by Quyn Vigil »
Evil talks a lot

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 12:49:05 PM EDT »

"So how are you holding up now with a defected Sith on board?" Loyheta whispered.

Ceid looked towards the view screen, seeing the blackness that is the ship drawing ever closer. "I do not know if it is that ship out there or her presence, but I feel uneasy." Ceid said as he looked back at Loyheta. "She bothers me. I do not trust her, and if she does anything suspicious, I will not hesitate to... deal with her." Ceid continued matching level of Loy's voice. No sooner did he finish that sentence when the other Zabrak, a Jedi named Celadon Vohl approached the Director and spoke.

"Director Vigil, although I cannot tell you exactly what it is, but I can confirm what everyone here is thinking. We must tread carefully...it may be a trap." Vohl confirmed Ceid's worries. But then Quyn answered him in her usual confidant, cocky way. And then address the group.

"There is definitely something alive over there, but it is very feint.  If the operative is alive, he is just barely."  She glanced over her shoulder.  "You guys are going to have to move quickly."

"How he got out here on a ship that size all by himself is beyond me." Quyn finished.

Ceid walked over to the front and stood directly behind Quyn and put his hand on Vohl's shoulder. "Don't worry Director. We'll get the job done. Our group will be ready to go as soon as we dock." He said with confidence. "Alright guys, final equipment check. Lets do this and get back home. I'll buy you all a round at Crotay's Cantina." Ceid said with a smile as he walked to the back of the shuttle and started to check his equipment.

He had four extra power clips for his two lightsabers. One he always used, the other, he picked up off of a dead Sith Lord on Dxun. He looked at his saber hilt and read the words etched on it, a smile followed by a frown appeared on his face. He then clipped both sabers onto his utility belt. He adjusted his Cortosis shoulder guard and tightened the harness it was attached to. He counted two canisters of disinfectant spy and placed them in a small pouch attached to his utility belt. He has been shoot too many times on missions, he rolled his eyes as he remembered the last time. He got hit while he was running away from a friendly grenade. He reached into his utility belt and picked up his silver crystal and took a nostalgic look at it. He smiled and returned it to it's place. He was ready.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:34:57 AM EDT by Pride »

MikEagle

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:36 PM EDT »

Saron kept his wary stare on the ship as it grew larger on the view port, ignoring everyone inside the cockpit. His fingers tapped methodically on the armrest of his seat. He was once again lost in his thoughts until he heard Ceid call for last minute preparations.

"You'd best follow Ceid to the cargo bay. We'll be arriving immediately," he called out as he turned his head to the side. "Stay safe, everyone."

He returned his attention to the front of the shuttle, watching as the ship's vast hangar bay drew closer.

Nysa

• X-Patriots
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 05:53:52 PM EDT »

Looking out of a side viewport, Nysa kept thinking that this was indeed going to be an interesting day.  One where she might learn much about the associates that she was on the mission with.   However, deep down inside, she held the fear that these so-called Jedi would turn on her at the slightest excuse.   So full of emotion, and themselves, these Corellians were - they would have made fine Sith.   Perhaps that was one of the underlying reasons for the Empire's interest in the Corel system to begin with.   But these were definately thoughts for other time and place.

Hearing the call for last minute equipment checks, Nysa almost sneered, bit late now if you had forgotten something.   Nysa had everything she always carried on her person, and her kit didn't change depending on the mission, she didn't carry much since she knew that the Force would sustain her.   It was even possible for her to enter the hard vacuum of space unprotected by anything than a Force barrier holding a pocket of air around her.   She couldn't hold it for more than a few minutes, but it was enough for infiltrations of starships of the most covert of nature.

Standing and brushing the wrinkles out of her robes, she picked her way through the sudden crowd, to be at the shuttle exit, in front of all the others.  Turning, she spoke. 

"We probably will only have the most minimal life support for the first few minutes, at least until we either walk into an ambush, or turn it on ourselves.  So, be ready."

Loyheta

• Forum Champion
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Swtor.com profile - add me :)
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:35 PM EDT »

Standing up, Loyheta walked towards the rear to get ready to embark. Wow a destroyer-class battlecruiser, this is going to be a huge ship for us to be running around in. Life support or not there should be enough air to breath for weeks.

Checking his pockets he had everything he needed, some rations and spare saber parts. Standing near the exit, Loy cleared his mind and inwardly meditated while the others prepared and gathered.

Amasro Harper

• X-Patriots
  • Forum Champion
  • "If we don't end war, war will end us."-H.G. Wells
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 10:35:31 AM EDT »

"Alright guys, final equipment check. Lets do this and get back home. I'll buy you all a round at Crotay's Cantina." Ceid said, exiting the cockpit.

Harper couldn't help but smirk "Game time..." he muttered under his breath. Shortly after Ceid left the room, he had followed suit. He double checked all the equipment he had on his person as he walked through the hall back to the common room.

He grabbed his rifle and cocked it. "Alright ladies and gentleman, time to move out!" Harper ordered. Finally finding his voice after the awkwardness in the cockpit, Harper was now confident and ready to take charge.

His four troopers scrambled to get ready. They reconstructed their rifles that they had broken down for inspection, secured any extra ammo or secondary weapons, and applied medical and demolitions satchels to their person.

"Everyone ready?" Harper asked. Kerrick grunted in response, while the others nodded. "OK, let's move out!" the captain added.

As they were walking back towards the ship, Harper had filled the rest of the group in on what was discussed and seen in the cockpit, and that they were headed for a large ship with a weak signal and no indication of other activity from within.

"Remember rookie. Stay in formation and keep your head on a swivel. Maybe, you'll survive..." Kerrick said to Kely. She flinched and moved uneasily at the mention of survival.

"Just ignore him Kely. Almost nothing valuable comes out of Kerrick's mouth." Noble said to her. Kerrick grumbled, and muttered some profanities under his breath. Kely lightly giggled.

"Stay focused guys. We're about to go in hot." Harper shot back to his group. They all immediately snapped into attention and were trying to focus on the task at hand.

Kely Solari looked around at her group: There was Noble, the experienced soldier with a good head on his shoulders. Then Voren, who had some bragging rights when it came to demolitions. Kerrick of course, despite him being an ass, no one could deny his skill. Then there was Captain Harper, a man who already had quite the reputation back home.

I hope I can prove myself... Kely thought to herself. She was working with not only a decent trooper group, but an overall very seasoned team of jedis, smugglers, and troopers as well. She nervously began rechecking her rifle, waiting for the ship to dock, and for whatever she was going to get from behind that door.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:37:47 AM EDT by Sparrow »

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 12:31:08 PM EDT »

As the rest of the group made their way back to the cargo bay, Celadon had to gather himself. His attempt to find out what was on the ship had left him severely winded.

Although all Jedi had the ability to utilize force sense, he had recently been identified by members of the Order to have the makings of an empath. Celadon accepted their assessment, but he was beginning to wonder if he'd be able to fulfill their expectations. All his life, he had learned how to survive by keeping others out. Now he was told that the only way to advance as a Jedi Knight was to let others in.

He tarried in the cockpit for a few moments, reflecting on what he felt were two failures in the last few minutes. Earlier, he had felt the tension in the room between the leader of the boarding party and the ex-Sith and did nothing to alleviate it. Now, his attempt to reach out with his Force sense could not provide helpful details to the boarding team.

As he cleared his mind, his strength slowly began to return. He may not have succeeded in using his force abilities...yet. But there was one skill he knew he could count on. He looked down at his lightsabers hanging from his belt and turned toward the pilot and co-pilot. He nodded gratefully, wished them well, and picked up his pace to join the others.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:56:53 PM EDT by Celadon Vohl »

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Quyn Vigil

• X-Patriots
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 01:42:42 PM EDT »

Quyn leveled out the shuttle's course towards the docking bay of the massive ship.  It's automated systems appeared to still be functioning as the shield deactivated to allow them passage upon coming into the docking sensor range.  She had to do a double take, the shield was something she had never seen before, nearly blocking all the light inside from reaching outside through the shield.  "No wonder it's so hard to find in space..." she thought.

"Well there's a plus anyway, doesn't look like spacer suits will be needed this go guys."

She guided the ship in slowly, setting her down gently on one of the landing pads.  The landing legs groaned with the weight of the shuttle as the shield reactivated and gravity returned to normal.  Inside the running lights were on, seemed that the ship was running on backup power and minimal life support, though for their small group there should be adequate breathing air...still...

"Guys, grab those spare breathing masks hanging near the door, just in case you run into some pockets of thinning atmo that needs searched.  Better to be safe than sorry..." she yelled back into the passenger dis-embarking area.  "...and keep all comms channels open...don't want to lose anyone in here."

She glanced at Saron momentarily and sighed.  They were in for a good long wait.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:44:44 PM EDT by Quyn Vigil »
Evil talks a lot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 22 queries.