The Corellian League Member Forums

• June 28, 2017, 04:43:25 AM EDT
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trap (Closed RP)  (Read 14479 times)

Nysa

• X-Patriots
Re: The Trap (Closed RP)
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2012, 10:02:00 PM EST »

Tiredly following Ceid's lead, Nysa eyed him sideways as he seemed to freeze in place, then it happened; a veritable flood of emotion crashed over her, nearly dropping her to her knees.   It could only mean one thing; that one of the four force users through the bulkhead was the woman that Nysa reminded Ceid of.  There were two other presences, non force users, and not really worthy of note in Nysa's mind.   But the feeling that Nysa focused on was that of her Apprentice.   Inwardly, Nysa was fit to bursting with pride at her and the achievements and accolades she had earned, but even more pressing was the sadness that it all had to end right here.   But now was the time not to let weakness of any sort show,  partially concealing her presence in the Force, it made Nysa seem weaker and more tired than she actually was, and the other side of the technique was that it absorbed any latent Force energy in the area.  It was going to have to be a fight of strategy.

Nysa began the bout, with little more than the instructional tone of a Master teaching an Apprentice.  "Jaennyl, I thought you had promised me long ago, that you wouldn't associate with Fallen Jedi.  You know how ... unhinged they are.  Did you lie to me?   Because, I'm fairly sure you remember what happens when you lie to me..."  

Jaennyl was still somewhat in shock.   For the last thirty or so minutes, she had been internally struggling with the fact that the only person she had ever loved was still alive, in front of her, and fighting with Jedi.   And she did remember what used to happen when she was caught out lying, and she felt her face heat with embarrassment.  Dun M
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:02:01 AM EST by Nysa »

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2012, 10:21:51 PM EST »

There was the reactor, pulsating approximately 60 meters from where he was. All that stood between Celadon and his goals were two men: The Sith Commander of the space station and his Imperial bodyguard. Somehow, he knew that wasn
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:40:34 PM EST by Celadon Vohl »

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2012, 09:33:45 AM EST »

Ceid stood defiant as he looked to Draxial and Naoko. He quelled all distracting feelings temporarily. There was no time, he had to eliminate at least one of the two threats to level the playing field. It sure as hell wasn't going to be Naoko. He had so many questions...

"You look puzzled little Ceid!" The blue Zaxi mocked. "What? A little lost without my old buddy Loyheta eh?" Draxial laughed. "Where is he by the way? If your here, that means he shouldn't be far behind." Zaxi said and awaited a response.

"Injured. Comatose while on active duty. He is still alive though. More than I can say for you in a few minutes." Ceid confessed with a calm but an intimidating tone.

Zaxi kept his eyes on Ceid for a few seconds. Draxial was an expert, a skilled agent of the Empire. He kept CoreSec and Loyheta fooled for years, his thoughts were his own and never betrayed what he felt. But Ceid felt that the Chiss was baffled by the dark answer. "Well... Ceid old buddy... I am sorry for his loss. I will make sure to send my old partner flowers to his hospital room." Draxial said as he leaned forward and lifted his arms to either side smiling.

"You wont get the chance... old buddy." Ceid spat with contempt.

"Now now. Careful, I don't want you to get my little pretty partner here angry. Let me introduce Lord Sel..." Draxial never finished his sentence.

"Sellis." Ceid interrupted and Draxial widened his eyes in surprise. Ceid Continued as Naoko shifted in place uncomfortably. A look of confusion and anger controlled her facial features. "Lord Sellis. Formally the Jedi knight Naoko Sellis. The one who was to become Naoko Sellis Ankoun, the one who was to become my wife!" A moment of silence filled the place. Ceid looked into Naoko's eyes and spoke. "How could this be? I saw you die."

"Well, this is a surprise to say the least, but hey, she serves new masters now." Draxial took a sharpshooter combat stance by going to one knee and lifted his sniper, putting Ceid in his sights. "Attack Lord Sellis." Ceid frowned as the moment of confrontation arrived.

Suddenly, Naoko spun and kicked Draxial in the side of his face with a force enhanced kick, sending him flying five meters to the left. "Don't you dare to give me orders you pathetic worm, I serve no one. Especially not YOU!" Naoko finally spoke. The look on her face portrayed true hatred. She then looked to Ceid, then screamed. "WHY ARE YOU HERE!" She then ignited her lightsaber and pointed it and the Jedi.

Ceid couldn't believe what just happened. The sweet, confidant and fiery Naoko stood before him in complete darkness. Cruel. "Our arrival here was orchestrated." Ceid looked into her eyes with great sadness. "Many things have happened Nao. How I wished to see you again to tell you all about them. How I wanted to tell you how much it hurt to live without you. How much I loved you..." Ceid paused. "But to see you like this? It kills me inside."

"Why are you here?" Naoko said as she started to move circularly around Ceid, ignoring what he said. "This trap was being set for the Corellian League. Why are you here?"

"I am a part of the League. I continued what we started a few years ago."

"Well, very sweet." She said in anger. "Time to die." No sooner did she finish when she lunged at Ceid with an orange lightsaber. She struck hard with a chop, but Ceid ignited his own saber and blocked the hit. She widened her eyes in surprise at the sight of her old blade.

"This blade..." She started.

"It's yours..." He began calmly. "I KEPT IT AS A CONSTANT REMINDER OF MY FAMILIAR AND MISERABLE LIFE WITHOUT YOU!" Ceid yelled and with all his strength pushed her back four meters, she landed on her feet. Ceid's eyes watered with tears. He then yelled again. "HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!"

Naoko started to shed tears as well. "They took me after the battle, told me that you died. Tortured me every waking second until they broke me. Until I became like them. When I found out that you were still alive, it was too late for me. I am pure hatred. I even hate you for making me cry, for reminding me of the pain. I will kill you." Naoko finished and took out a second saber with a red blade and rushed at Ceid with the full fury of a Sith Marauder.

She swung at Ceid from what seemed to be every direction. The battle lasted a while and Ceid was barely able to counter them all. Naoko was always better then him in lightsaber duels. But Ceid had a stronger connection to the force. He blocked the last blow and thrusted his arm forward, sending a massive wave of force energy from his hand and into her chest. She fell backwards to her knees. "Stop this Naoko. There is no such thing as too late. Come back to Corellia, it is still there, and it needs you... I need you. This is a second chance for us. Do not let it go to waist." Ceid looked into her eyes as she cried. "I love you just as warmly as ever."

"SHUT UP PRIDE!" she yelled as she cried. "I can't do this! I can't control myself. I can't go back. The anger and hate are too strong. You don't know how it feels."

"DON'T tell me how I feel! I lived it every second of my life after Jumus. Until now..." Ceid deactivated his lightsaber and raised a hand to her. "Come to me Nao. I promise you, I will protect you from everything... Even yourself!" As he finished his sentence, two explosion were heard in the background. Ceid assumed that his companions succeeded in their tasks, and shortly after, they showed up on top of the stairwell. They were still far enough not to be of help, but they were in a position where they can see everything, except the unconscious body of Draxial behind the control console.

Naoko stood up and put away her saber. As she held her tears for a moment, then, suddenly rushed to Ceid, and their bodies collided in a tight, passionate hug, filled with longing and yearning. As a flood of emotions filled both Jedi and Sith, the sound of a sniper bolt started everyone. As Naoko and Ceid looked to the console, they saw Draxial in a crouch, behind the right end of a smoking sniper.

They both looked at each other in fear as they both realized that the shot pierced Naoko from side to side. "Ah... Ceid...!" She said as she fell to her knees in Ceid's arms.

"No no no no no no no no no!" Ceid kept repeating as he laid her down trying to keep her awake. When she closed her eyes, Ceid lost his head. "NOOO!" He screamed as he stood up, extended a hand towards Draxial and pulled him towards him with rage. As Draxial's throat collided with Ceid's large hand and hung there, Celadon and Nysa ran to Ceid. Ceid squeezed Zaxi's throat hard and the Chiss squirmed, flailed and kicked trying to get free. But the enraged Ceid would not have it. Then, Ceid suddenly dropped the Chiss. After a few seconds of seething, Ceid calmed down enough to be able to think properly. He looked at Draxial almost limp on the floor and with the aid of the force, lifted him in the air again. With a final squeeze, the Chiss fell to the floor with his neck and throat crushed.

Ceid refused to kill the Chiss in anger or for blood-lust, but he was willing to do what was necessary. The killing was justice, not revenge. He then turned to the unconscious body of Naoko. Good, he thought, she was still breathing. "NYSA! The console, these guys know more about us than I would like. Find out why, copy their entire database, and then BLOW THIS BLASTED STATION OUT OF THE SKY!" Ceid then started to tend to Naoko's wounds.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:57:46 PM EST by Master Ceid Ankoun »

Nysa

• X-Patriots
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2012, 09:34:35 AM EST »

Mentally walling herself off again, one brick at a time, Nysa systematically rebuilt her poise, becoming once again a seemingly unfeeling exterior, but to those she knew and those who knew her, they could read her subtle body language and gestures.

"NYSA! The console, these guys know more about us than I would like. Find out why, copy their entire database, and then BLOW THIS BLASTED STATION OUT OF THE SKY!" called Ceid as he tended the Fallen Jedi's wounds.

Nysa started walking at a purposeful pace towards the console, but stopped and took a detour back towards Ceid, Nysa crouched down and touched the Fallen Jedi gently on the forehead, taking a sounding on her emotional state.   She found someone who was consumed with fear, and all the steps downward from there in a spiral - Fear.  Anger.  Hate.  Suffering.   There were hints of Sith teachings, but only the basic of basic foundations.  Small wonder she had been so out of control.   All that power, and nowhere to channel it except into her own fear and pain.

Looking up into Ceid's eyes with with her own eyes reflecting the harsh truth, Nysa spoke bluntly.  "You enjoyed killing that Chiss, the sooner you admit that, the better off we'll all be.  Call it justice, or restoring the balance, I don't care, but you enjoyed that and i'll repeat this, the sooner you admit it, the better off we'll all be.  Including her.  Especially her.  Because you are her foundation now, and there can't be any conflict in you - otherwise she'll have no solid ground on which to rebuild herself.  I am still far more of a Sith right now than she ever was, - but she'll never be entirely free of our teachings."

Lightening her mood significantly, Nysa stood up and turned back to the console.  "Now let's see if there's something flyable in this place before I cause it to vaporize."

Breaking into an effortless run, Nysa followed the appropriate signs towards the main hanger.   Entering the Hanger, Nysa found several heavily modified Fury class interceptors - the kind normally used as a Sith Lord's personal means of transport across the galaxy.   Nysa knew, she still had one hidden away on Corellia in a secure hanger.   Heading back towards Engineering, Nysa could still feel latent conflict within herself and she asked herself again, was what she was doing for the greater good of the Sith?  And the answer was still a resounding yes.   With every pathetic Sith struck down by a mere Jedi, with every Fallen Jedi redeemed to the way of the Jedi, the Sith were made stronger as a whole.   Being a Sith was more than simply learning the ways of the dark side and zapping people with smart mouths with Force Lightning.   Being Sith was a state of existence, thriving towards perfection in the Force.   And surprisingly, it could co-exist with Jedi.

The Way of Sith Doctrine:  A true Sith saw themselves as a seeker, a challenger of old and stagnate ways, in touch with nature and the laws of the universe.   A Sith also saw that perfection was simply a goal to work towards and not a state of being - in this way, they were almost identical to the Jedi.   But such thoughts were dangerous to be dwelling upon, especially in the company she now kept - they might misunderstand.

Rounding the corner back out into the main Engineering spaces where most of the killing had taken place, Nysa directed her thoughts back to the situation at hand.   Quickly plugging her personal data pad into the console, Nysa initiated a full backup of the entire facility's computer banks.  

Looking back over to where Jaennyl's corpse, Nysa couldn't choke back the vaguely hollow feeling she felt as her eyes passed over her Apprentice's body.   Shifting her gaze to the reactors behind the body, Nysa let the familiar warm darkness build behind her fingertips, then with a graceful flick of her wrist, a single brilliant bolt of lightning speared into the control sections of the reactors.  The brightness of the bolt blinded everyone for a few seconds.  The klaxons sounded immediately, signalling inevitable meltdown.   The data pad chimed, signalling job done.

"Ceid, pick her up right now and follow me, Celadon, it's time to leave.  There's ships in the Hanger.  Fury's.  I'll go on ahead and start getting one powered up."   Turning on her heel and running back down the corridors to the Hanger, Nysa knew that she was probably the only one who know how to fly one and the start up procedure wasn't exactly like turning a key.  Entering the Hanger, Nysa stopped short momentarily, she could have sworn there were seven ships, but there was only six.  Nonetheless, she run towards the closest and up the ramp and through the airlock, dashing to the cockpit and initiating the startup.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:22:37 AM EST by Nysa »

Celadon Vohl

• X-Patriots
  • Do not judge, for the Light comes in many colors
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2012, 08:21:24 PM EST »

Jedi in good standing (and one of the few in the Corellian League to remain so), he naturally disagreed with Nysa
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:53:52 AM EST by Master Ceid Ankoun »

opcomm_glassmaker opcomm_tarnishedsoul
wb_alderaan wb_coruscant wb_narshaddaa wb_tatooine

Ceid Ankoun

• Lore Master
  • Council Member
  • Forum Champion
  • No Peace. Only Pieces.
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2012, 12:39:03 PM EST »

As Ceid lifted Naoko and began running after Nysa, he responded to her earlier statement. "Did I enjoy killing the Chiss? Yes my friend! and NO. Killing him made me happy, and sick. I am glad he is gone, and I am glad I was able to get a small measure of closure, but it shames me to kill an unarmed man with my own hands, even if he deserved it. I will find peace with that eventually, but right now, I do not care. You are right about me being a foundation to her now, and I will work hard to be a stable one. That is, if she survives." Ceid worriedly finished as they reached their furry.

Nysa ran to the cockpit and Celadon helped Ceid take Naoko the infirmary. As they worked together to stabilize her, Ceid almost lost consciousnesses himself. He was exhausted, unfocused and completely confused. But after regaining his composure, Celadon calmed him down with a few understanding words. This Zabrak had a way with people, even if he did not look it.

When her condition stabilized, and Ceid was sure she was going to be okay, Ceid smiled. It wasn't like the usual mask-like smiles, it was a true smile springing from his very core.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:27:38 AM EST by Master Ceid Ankoun »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 22 queries.